Author Topic: Liverpool 1 v Man United 1 (Sky Sports 2 12.45)  (Read 13387 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Liverpool v Man United (Sky Sports 2 12.45)
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 01:15:02 pm »
Lucas yellow. Not good this early. Not good at all. Bit of a soft one too, hardly any contact.
5-live debating if it was Lucas or Skrtel who got the card.....was it deffo Lucas?

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 01:15:04 pm »
28 - Some excellent excellent play from Liverpool, but the mancs manage to break down the left.

FOUL - Lucas and Skrtel get yellow cards? Lucas' wasn't a foul, but Skrtel came in late to the tackle.......not really sure who got the yellow, but the commentators think Lucas (and Skrtel?). Poor reffing if Lucas got one.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2011, 01:15:22 pm »
Over to The 5th!
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2011, 01:16:22 pm »
5-live debating if it was Lucas or Skrtel who got the card.....was it deffo Lucas?
Couldn't see on Sky but Sky have said it was, commentators were both surprised it wasn't Martin

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2011, 01:17:02 pm »
30 - United break from our corner, danger snuffed out by Enrique with a great tackle on Welbeck

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2011, 01:17:35 pm »
Enrique was a bargain. Ta NUFC.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2011, 01:17:46 pm »
31 Suarez mugged from behind by Jones. No foul, apparently.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2011, 01:18:01 pm »
Lucas was booked. Appalling decision there.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2011, 01:18:38 pm »
31 Great move from LFC, good crisp passing from Suarez and Downing in tight areas, out wide to Stevie who slices it into the crowd

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2011, 01:19:06 pm »
Interesting diagnosis from the Doctor via PM. Agree bar the last conclusion. Also we have firepower on the bench too.
5-live fella saying that "United are all over the place" and that we have the chance here to put them to the sword. Would you agree with his analysis?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2011, 01:19:39 pm »
32 Body check by Carra on the family adulterer. Great game so far from Jamie.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2011, 01:20:14 pm »
5-live fella saying that "United are all over the place" and that we have the chance here to put them to the sword. Would you agree with his analysis?
I wouldn't to be honest. They look solid when we attack. We're struggling to break them down.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2011, 01:20:35 pm »
HOW DID HE MISSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2011, 01:21:00 pm »
34 Great interception from Kelly, ball finds Adam, who shoots, it falls to Suarez, who jinks inside, clear chance but shoots straight at De Gea. Best chance so far,

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2011, 01:21:07 pm »
OMG Suarez. He hit it straight at de Gea. Commentators are all over the mancs today. Disgusting.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2011, 01:21:20 pm »
I wouldn't to be honest. They look solid when we attack. We're struggling to break them down.
;) and as you wrote that, apparently Jones messed up.....but so did Suarez ;) - getting closer.....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2011, 01:22:33 pm »
35 Great run from Downing, crowded out in the area. Falls to Gerrard, cross straight to de Gea. Gerrard seeing a lot of the right hand side. Kuyt and Downing switching lots. Fluid.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2011, 01:23:37 pm »
36 Ball given carelessly away in midfield, Welbeck brings it on and it looked dangerous until Fletcher dragged it wide. Game becoming more open now. Just in time for my stint  :P

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2011, 01:24:37 pm »
37 LFC keep possession comfortably in midfield, long move results in Suarez in the box, but he's handballed.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2011, 01:25:31 pm »
38 Wilkins says both teams are cancelling each other out, and there's no space. He's largely right bar a couple of breaks.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2011, 01:26:12 pm »
39 Skrtel gallops straight up the field, all the way into the box! Shepherded out cleverly by Joe Camel.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2011, 01:26:18 pm »
5-live under the impression that Lucas did indeed get the yellow.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2011, 01:27:07 pm »
40 Enrique mugged by Park, excellent tackle by Park who surges upfield and drags a shot wide

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2011, 01:27:26 pm »
5-live under the impression that Lucas did indeed get the yellow.
Yeah, confirmed. Not good.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2011, 01:29:04 pm »
42 Young booked for a foul on Stevie on the right

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2011, 01:29:44 pm »
43 Adam free kick goes all the way to De Gea who punches clear.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2011, 01:30:39 pm »
43 Clash of heads (unusual, neither jumping) between Lucas and Jones. Lucas worse off, yet Ferguson ranting about it  ::)

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2011, 01:31:24 pm »
hmmm think Lucas went down after he realised he might have fouled Jones. Looked a pure accident though.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2011, 01:31:28 pm »
44 Jones still down, feeling his knee. Interesting, given it was a clash of heads.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2011, 01:32:17 pm »
45 There will be 2 minutes injury time. Ball sportingly punted back to De Gea. Jones still off. Lucas still on.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2011, 01:33:08 pm »
46 Jones back on. Ball staying in the middle, looks like both sides playing for HT. Jones limping.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »
Bit worried about the quality that the mancs can bring on and the fact we haven't created that many chances, but I think we have looked the better side. Just hoping that we can make some more chances and take them in the second half. Can see this being a 0 0 or a sneaky 1 0 win for either sides atm.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2011, 01:34:49 pm »
47 Ref blows for half time. Chances for each side, scrappy in the main. Good to Stevie looking fit and involved. We need to work out a way of getting Suarez on the ball in space.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:37 pm »
Bit worried about the quality that the mancs can bring on and the fact we haven't created that many chances, but I think we have looked the better side. Just hoping that we can make some more chances and take them in the second half. Can see this being a 0 0 or a sneaky 1 0 win for either sides atm.
I think we've looked marginally the better side, but bar Suarez one he hit straight at the keeper, United have done well to restrict our shooting chances.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2011, 01:43:07 pm »
Sky think Jones man marking Adam, with Fletcher on Gerrard. Can't see that personally, Jones is playing deep as is Adam. Certainly, Jones is snuffing out whichever midfielder advances.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2011, 01:46:18 pm »
Will be interesting to see if and when Kenny makes changes. Personally I think Carroll could be the difference, stretching their defence and making more space for Suarez. Adam's done nothing wrong at all, but that's the change I'd make if it's still 0-0 after 60 minutes.
On another note, it's a massive shame that Maxi doesn't make the bench. He's the ultimate bench player, given his versatility and could well have made a difference.

They say that talking to oneself is the first sign of madness. Wibble.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2011, 01:48:44 pm »
45 - They are out on the spot ready to kick off....whilst I am stuffing me face.....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2011, 01:50:31 pm »
Early foul from Lucas. Come on kid, stay calm. We need you in this second half.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2011, 01:51:09 pm »
47 - Young runs into Lucas outside the box and Marriner gives a free kick......what a load of crap. Reina saves the freekick. Such a stupid decision by the ref.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2011, 01:52:41 pm »
49 Smalling holds Downing off down the left and no foul....again.....this ref is making some stupid decisions.....