Author Topic: Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool Full time meh  (Read 87698 times)

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool Full time meh
« Reply #920 on: February 8, 2015, 09:12:06 am »
Everton were dogged and we lacked the composure and penetration to hurt them sufficiently. I thought taking off Coutinho when bringing on Sturridge was a mistake. That could have been the combination to get the goal. Gerrard was struggling and really hindsight is easy but he had no impact when Sturridge was on.

Also our set piece delivery was really poor.

We've got a massive game against Spurs who are starting to look very good under Pochettino. Its a must win game for us.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: February 8, 2015, 09:14:10 am »
Decent result?
What?
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #922 on: February 8, 2015, 09:18:30 am »
A poor derby in my opinion.
The only thing I disagreed with yesterday though was when we lost Lucas to injury I would have brought Lovren on and moved Can into midfield. These sort of games are usually won or lost there and I'm not sure Allen has the physical ability that Can would have had.
If we had imposed ourselves in the centre more I think a goal would have come eventually.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2015, 09:20:01 am by stevejd63 »
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #923 on: February 8, 2015, 09:21:57 am »
Quest for 4th is more complicated than just us winning our games. We depend on others dropping points too. If it were just between us and 1 other team, it's more straightforward, but when it's between 3 or 4 teams, the odds rise dramatically.

Though we do play all those teams, and those teams play each other. It's probably not more complicated then just winning our games.
:D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: February 8, 2015, 09:27:34 am »
I can only conclude that the people moaning figured that we had to, and would win our remaining 17 games.

We played well in a tough away game and had to settle for a draw, so what!? It certainly beats having our arses handed to us by Crystal Palace/Newcastle etc.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #925 on: February 8, 2015, 09:30:03 am »
Everton were too afraid to lose this derby which is why they played pretty deep throughout the game. Often having 7 or 8 players on the edge of their own area. Which made it difficult for us to brake down. It didn't help that our passing was poor, slow and our movement was pretty much non-existent though. We made it very easy for them to defend against.

Offline Almo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #926 on: February 8, 2015, 09:30:59 am »
I think he is struggling as a right forward but once again could of been our match winner. We don't have enough match winners in our team.

It's a issue this squad currently has.

I agree with this really. Didn't like seeing Coutinho coming off but I think Rogers wanted Gerrard on to potentially take a late free kick or capitalise on a match winning opportunity. But he really did look off the pace today compared to the others.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: February 8, 2015, 09:31:38 am »
Everton were too afraid to lose this derby which is why they played pretty deep throughout the game. Often having 7 or 8 players on the edge of their own area. Which made it difficult for us to brake down. It didn't help that our passing was poor, slow and our movement was pretty much non-existent though. We made it very easy for them to defend against.

It's not as if we piled men into the box though.

Yes we were the better team but we were clearly happy for a point also.

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #928 on: February 8, 2015, 09:34:11 am »
To me, there's an obvious solution. Push Can up into midfield with Henderson, then play Skrtel - Lovren- Sakho. Skrtel may struggle at RCB, but if we make sure he gets help from the wingback, I think he'll be fine. I mean, Lovren has to get another chance at some point, and with Henderson and Can in front of him, there'll be sufficient protection.

I simply don't think we can afford to go with any midfield 2 with either Gerrard or Allen in it.
That's a good shout!!

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #929 on: February 8, 2015, 09:36:56 am »
Quest for 4th is more complicated than just us winning our games. We depend on others dropping points too. If it were just between us and 1 other team, it's more straightforward, but when it's between 3 or 4 teams, the odds rise dramatically.

I realise that. Which is why i was seperating us into a mini league of 5 teams.

Doesn't just depend on winning games it depends on them dropping points because we're behind. There's a lot of work to do but nothing is lost yet, which was my point.

There's nothing wrong with admitting its a hard task and also not completely losing faith in us getting 4th. But i guess it comes down to how you look at things as a fan...

You don't HAVE to categorically go one way or another just yet. (Not directed at u but the pessimist vs dreamers debating)
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: February 8, 2015, 09:38:25 am »
It's not as if we piled men into the box though.

Yes we were the better team but we were clearly happy for a point also.

I think we wanted to win up until the last 10-15 mins. I think our problem was fatigue and not having a fully fit striker from the start. Gerrard and Sterling looked dead on their legs and even though Coutinho was off with his passing despite being our most threatening player in the final 3rd.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: February 8, 2015, 09:43:38 am »
I simply don't think we can afford to go with any midfield 2 with either Gerrard or Allen in it.

If Lucas is out injured, wouldn't it more likely be Henderson-Allen not Gerrard-Allen?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: February 8, 2015, 09:46:04 am »
I think we wanted to win up until the last 10-15 mins. I think our problem was fatigue and not having a fully fit striker from the start. Gerrard and Sterling looked dead on their legs and even though Coutinho was off with his passing despite being our most threatening player in the final 3rd.

Which is why getting fourth  is such a massive task if you look ahead at the fixtures we had rather than  the simplistic view that you had.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #933 on: February 8, 2015, 09:48:36 am »
Gerrard definitely should have started. It's not like we're rolling out a 90-year-old for sentiments sake.

It's so easy to say in retrospect. And of course he doesn't 'have' to start vs United, CIty or Chelsea. This was the derby, his final one.

The whole team was pretty poor, don't lambast Rodgers for playing one of our greatest players in a game that clearly meant so much to him.

I do, however, agree that it is asking a lot of him to play 90 minutes midweek and then this.

And just imagine if that bicycle kick had gone in!!!

The bicycle (more like a side-winder) kick was spectacular and well-executed but was, at best, a shot on target. What could have happened was that the deflection off Naismith's head turned it into an own goal. It wasn't THAT good of a goal-scoring chance. The shot from close range by Sturridge that was blocked by (?)'s body was a bigger chance, as was Ibe's shot that hit the post.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #934 on: February 8, 2015, 09:50:25 am »
Goodison is no easy place to go and the way Martinez set up made it even more difficult. They could have nicked it at the end so we get out of there with a well deserved point. Also, hoping they have now turned the corner with them having to play Tottenham, Southampton and United there.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: February 8, 2015, 09:50:32 am »
Some massive overreactions in here. We've been brilliant recently with our main striker out, he should be ready to start now which is a huge bonus. Not any team in the history of anything plays brilliantly every single game, Jesus Christ we were top of the form table before yesterday. A slight set back, some people just couldn't wait for that performance to get back to bashing the players/manager/club.

Bring on Spurs.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #936 on: February 8, 2015, 09:55:40 am »
The bicycle (more like a side-winder) kick was spectacular and well-executed but was, at best, a shot on target. What could have happened was that the deflection off Naismith's head turned it into an own goal. It wasn't THAT good of a goal-scoring chance. The shot from close range by Sturridge that was blocked by (?)'s body was a bigger chance, as was Ibe's shot that hit the post.

Bicycle kick was on target tho and a glance in the wrong direction for them and its a goal..

For me, that lovely ball Coutinho played to Sterling early in 2nd half that went through them and set Sterling away only to shoot at a narrow angle...Stevie was arriving in the middle with a whole goal to aim at if he received the cutback.

I've noticed Sterling do this a few times and I know its down to his age and maybe needs to make better decisions at times (not having a dig, that's minor in comparison to the threat he brings for us), but that would have been stevie's best chance of a goal im sure of it.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2015, 10:16:26 am by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: February 8, 2015, 09:57:07 am »
Which is why getting fourth  is such a massive task if you look ahead at the fixtures we had rather than  the simplistic view that you had.

Look, I never once said it would be easy. Not once. I STILL believe we can do it though. A lot hinges on the 6-pointers we have imo. I said the other day we need at least 7 points from the next 3 games to stand a real chance. We dropped 2 yesterday, meaning we need to beat Spurs and Southampton. It won't be easy, but we can do it.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2015, 09:59:10 am by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #938 on: February 8, 2015, 09:57:52 am »

What is the point of this post exactly?...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #939 on: February 8, 2015, 09:57:57 am »
Some massive overreactions in here. We've been brilliant recently with our main striker out, he should be ready to start now which is a huge bonus. Not any team in the history of anything plays brilliantly every single game, Jesus Christ we were top of the form table before yesterday. A slight set back, some people just couldn't wait for that performance to get back to bashing the players/manager/club.

Bring on Spurs.

You should know this place by now. Up one minute down the next. The main thing that cost us yesterday was our finishing. If we had scored we'd have won the game easily we just have to be more ruthless in front of goal.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #940 on: February 8, 2015, 09:58:58 am »
I hope that's the last of sentimental Rodgers we see this season.

The right decision was to pull Gerrard for Sturridge - but for some reason he decided to give the man 90 minutes. 

It's not a bad isolated result, but we needed a win to keep the pressure and it was a missed opportunity.

Everton didn't trouble us much - even if the Centre Backs gave me a few palpitations ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #941 on: February 8, 2015, 09:59:16 am »

Fourth is a massive task for Arsenal, Mancs, Soton, Spurs and us. Unless you think it is way way easier for them of course.....
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: February 8, 2015, 10:01:52 am »
Bicycle kick was on target tho and a glance in the wrong direction for them and its a goal..

I've had another look at that bicycle kick. If Naismith hadn't of got his head on it, it was going pretty much at Robles. So there is a good chance he would've saved it anyway.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: February 8, 2015, 10:04:03 am »
Fourth is a massive task for Arsenal, Mancs, Soton, Spurs and us. Unless you think it is way way easier for them of course.....

His argument will be they all have more points at this point. Which is correct, but it's not like the gap is so huge at this point we can't bridge it. It's all going to go down to the 6 pointers we have with them imo.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: February 8, 2015, 10:06:30 am »
The good thing about the Spurs game is that Gerrard probably won't play, which will give us a lot more energy in midfield. I just hope Lucas' injury isn't that bad(even though I doubt he'll play against Spurs) and that the knock Coutinho took hasn't ruled him out either.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: February 8, 2015, 10:08:00 am »
His argument will be they all have more points at this point. Which is correct, but it's not like the gap is so huge at this point we can't bridge it. It's all going to go down to the 6 pointers we have with them imo.

I think we'll know pretty much for sure next weekend whether we'll get there or not.

We are now at a point where the next 'reversal' pretty much means it's a fight for Europa spots.

Shocking set of results for us yesterday. And it was looking good at one point.

We so need West Ham to stop Utd winning later.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: February 8, 2015, 10:09:58 am »
4 points over fourteen games is nothing. Common sense should tell people tha...... oh!..... OK, my mistake, best we should leave this argument to the.... WORRIERS!!!!!!!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: February 8, 2015, 10:12:31 am »
I think we'll know pretty much for sure next weekend whether we'll get there or not.

We are now at a point where the next 'reversal' pretty much means it's a fight for Europa spots.

Shocking set of results for us yesterday. And it was looking good at one point.

We so need West Ham to stop Utd winning later.

We'll know by the end of the month mate. This month was always going to be the make or brake one for me. If we can beat Spurs on Tuesday and Southampton on the 22nd, we''ll be right back in it.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: February 8, 2015, 10:15:45 am »

You should know this place by now. Up one minute down the next. The main thing that cost us yesterday was our finishing. If we had scored we'd have won the game easily we just have to be more ruthless in front of goal.
I know mate it just grates on me sometimes. We got ourselves out of a massive rut from the start of the season and at that point some criticism was fine because the manager was making mistakes. However now it's not justified at all, any manager would have been in a sticky situation with Gerrard yesterday, he's a club legend and we were playing Everton, a club who even he normally raises his game to another level. I think Brendan was damned if he took him off by some, damned by others for leaving him on. One bad performance in however many games, things are much, much better than you may be led the believe reading this thread.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: February 8, 2015, 10:16:20 am »
We'll know by the end of the month mate. This month was always going to be the make or brake one for me. If we can beat Spurs on Tuesday and Southampton on the 22nd, we''ll be right back in it.

I personally wouldn't like to call either of our next 2 results.

We could get anywhere between 0, and 6 points. I don't think it would be a massive shock if either team beat us. We're well into February and we're still waiting for Soton/Spurs to 'drop off'.

Win them both, and we're rocking. If we don't, we'll need results to go our way as well. There will come a point, whether subconsciously or not, that Brendan will shift his focus onto the cups.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #950 on: February 8, 2015, 10:19:06 am »

Ibe's shot, at best hit the post and it wasn't even a chance. Close range from Sturridge had too many bodies in between.

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite
« Reply #951 on: February 8, 2015, 10:19:24 am »
Listening to you fuckers is driving me mad, the logic is baffling.

Guess Arsenal think top 4 is beyond them also, they could be 3 points from 4th after today, they definitely have a massive task on their hands reaching top 4, not quite as big as ours like seeing as we are a massive 4 points from 4th if united lose today.

Get a fucking grip, we can't control our destiny, the players can, it's in their hands not ours, all we can do is roar them on.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: February 8, 2015, 10:20:22 am »
You disappoint me L666, where has the optimism gone from last season, where is that belief. That was just you and me bar the odd one or two believing in a top 3, let alone a top 4. Believe again brother. 

Quote me on this - Liverpool will finish in the top 4.

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite
« Reply #953 on: February 8, 2015, 10:20:57 am »
You disappoint me L666, where has the optimism gone from last season, where is that belief.

Quote me on this - Liverpool will finish ion the top 4.

This, fucking quote me too.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #954 on: February 8, 2015, 10:21:17 am »
I see they beat us fair and all square. Oh well.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: February 8, 2015, 10:22:13 am »
4 points over fourteen games is nothing. Common sense should tell people tha...... oh!..... OK, my mistake, best we should leave this argument to the.... WORRIERS!!!!!!!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #956 on: February 8, 2015, 10:22:13 am »
I hope that's the last of sentimental Rodgers we see this season.

The right decision was to pull Gerrard for Sturridge - but for some reason he decided to give the man 90 minutes. 

It's not a bad isolated result, but we needed a win to keep the pressure and it was a missed opportunity.

and that was purely down to Gerrard being on for 90 mins?....do me a favour....'the man' Gerrard earned the right to play against his arch enemy over the last 15 years..only Rushy has scored more derby goals than him - and for all the 'sentimental Rodgers' bluster spouted on here since the final whistle went yesterday, he still looked like the player in Red most likely to score.......it was a classic derby - ie, shite, stifling, defensive and with players on bioth sides terrified to make a mistake it had the look of a draw about it from minute one.....no-one, apart from Ibe and Skrtl excelled...and other players - Sterling, Henderson, Sakho, Coutinho, Sturridge were well off their usual game......as always on here though - if we don't win its all down to one player....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #957 on: February 8, 2015, 10:22:37 am »
Another 35 mins under the belt for Sturridge, it's all gravy. Fucking hell, some doubting we can beat Tottenham at home? Poppycock!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: February 8, 2015, 10:26:45 am »
After a derby game I want to see our players needing oxygen and getting sick at the side of the pitch. The passion and urgency wasn't there yesterday.

If things go our way today we'll only be 4 points off 4th and 6 off 3rd. However, if things don't go our way, we could also be closer to 10th place than 4th which would be a hodgsonesque situation to be in.

The next few weeks will make or break our season.