Author Topic: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article  (Read 196042 times)

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
Re: Roy to be Sacked. Sometime.
« Reply #280 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:12 pm »
Tony Barrett to be sacked.

Roy Hodgson, lfctv.

Good to see you back FS.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #281 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:32 pm »
But Alonso scores the rebound

Cue baros rugby tackle on alonso & subsequent pile-on.
Sweet memory....sigh
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:33 pm »
Do you honestly believe that Villas Boas or Klopp would come here in January when they're both flying at the top of their leagues right now? That really would be foolish to think so. To think that just because "we're Liverpool" two young managers are going to pass up the chance of winning their first top league championship to come to a club that's currently in an awful position?

If you're looking for the right person right now you're not going to get him in Jaanuary. Unless his name's Rafa Benitez or Kenny Dalglish.
No, I suppose not, but citing that as the ONLY reason for keeping Roy in the job, is a bit odd, to me.

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: December 31, 2010, 11:20:01 pm »
The Telegraph article is essentially the same as the Times one.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #285 on: December 31, 2010, 11:20:30 pm »
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 31, 2010, 11:22:32 pm »
The last paragraph is the worst. He actually thinks is is owed this position for all of his previous jobs

“Coming to Liverpool for me was a pinnacle. It was a reward for the work I had put in not just at Fulham but in the years before. It was a recognition of my competence and you hope you can keep flying forward. [But] I saw a quote from Benjamin Disraeli when he became Prime Minister saying he had climbed to the top of the greasy pole. That is what we do as managers.”
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline Smiling Politely

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #288 on: December 31, 2010, 11:22:34 pm »
The Telegraph article is essentially the same as the Times one.

Which in itself is telling. It's a press release in all but name.

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: December 31, 2010, 11:23:47 pm »
Which in itself is telling. It's a press release in all but name.
Spot on. The press have been briefed by someone in the club.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #290 on: December 31, 2010, 11:25:03 pm »

Disgraceful that they didn't include Sky Sports!! For shame.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 31, 2010, 11:25:05 pm »
any chance that purslow will be sacked soon as well?

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: December 31, 2010, 11:25:17 pm »

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #293 on: December 31, 2010, 11:26:05 pm »

Please let that be true !!

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: December 31, 2010, 11:30:04 pm »
Disgraceful that they didn't include Sky Sports!! For shame.
Imagine Jim White reporting that one.

Online bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 31, 2010, 11:31:46 pm »
It's pretty obvious that Hodgson is going to be sacked. The problem is getting in his replacement. Bar Rafa the likes of Deschamps & Boas are not going to leave their posts, if at all, till end of season. The delay leads me to believe that Rafas not their number 1, however as more and more pressure mounts for NSEV to take immediate action does anyone think that they will appoint Rafa and be done with it? They only reason I can see them not bringing him back is that they think he could be dangerous to them but surely he's only dangerous if they're lying duplicitous c*nts like the last lot. If they're going to be decent honourable custodians I can't see how Rafa would be a danger to them.
Football is a lie

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #296 on: December 31, 2010, 11:35:26 pm »
Article from tomorrows Telegragph and what type of manager NESV are looking for

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8233997/What-do-Liverpool-owners-the-Fenway-Sports-Group-want-from-their-prospective-new-manager.html

"Any candidate will have to be happy to implement new ideas to revitalise a stagnant club."
"A proven record of success may not be necessary, but it will be a substantial advantage."

Wish I could see their shortlist.

Offline problematique

• Main Stander
« Reply #297 on: December 31, 2010, 11:36:38 pm »
laudrup at mallorca
won't shock me if he's on the short list

edit: i say this more than the other names because it's a question of how long mallorca can afford to pay him
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:41:45 pm by problematique »

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #298 on: December 31, 2010, 11:37:28 pm »
I'm not sure what number I am, but I'll also be getting a divorce from football if O'Neill gets the job.

Ive already contacted my lawer!
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 31, 2010, 11:38:35 pm »
"Any candidate will have to be happy to implement new ideas to revitalise a stagnant club."
"A proven record of success may not be necessary, but it will be a substantial advantage."

Wish I could see their shortlist.
you can guess it mate, young managers and medium/big clubs who play good football
Deschamps
Villas Boas
Klopp
Flores
Laudrup
etc etc

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #300 on: December 31, 2010, 11:42:58 pm »
As long as its not Brian Laws I will be happy, actually if not Kenny or Rafa then Deschamps. I would prefer someone who knows the club and the fans though.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #301 on: December 31, 2010, 11:44:50 pm »
It's pretty obvious that Hodgson is going to be sacked. The problem is getting in his replacement. Bar Rafa the likes of Deschamps & Boas are not going to leave their posts, if at all, till end of season. The delay leads me to believe that Rafas not their number 1, however as more and more pressure mounts for NSEV to take immediate action does anyone think that they will appoint Rafa and be done with it?

Someone posted earlier that this could split the fan base and i'm not sure they would want to cause any further discord amonst the fans.
Also, they they seem to want a young manager (not sure what that means exactly) with new ideas (which possibly discounts Rafa as we've tried his methods).

As mentioned earlier that might well mean them having to cough up the dough to get the man they really want.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: December 31, 2010, 11:45:08 pm »
I don't really understand why we don't just sack Hodgson, and, if the right person isn't available, then Sammy Lee can hold the fort until the end of the season. Yes, he's not really management material and had a stinker with Bolton, but then he's really not a step down from Hodgson and would at the very least keep us up...

Kenny's a step in the wrong direction though...

Online bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 31, 2010, 11:46:02 pm »
you can guess it mate, young managers and medium/big clubs who play good football
Deschamps
Villas Boas
Klopp
Flores
Laudrup
etc etc

You would like to think so wouldn't you. Depends if the element that wanted "English" for the Hodgson appointment still exists at the club, in which case it could be Fergy Jr, Martin ONeil & Fat Sam.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:48:24 pm by bobadicious »
Football is a lie

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #304 on: December 31, 2010, 11:46:38 pm »
I don't really understand why we don't just sack Hodgson, and, if the right person isn't available, then Sammy Lee can hold the fort until the end of the season. Yes, he's not really management material and had a stinker with Bolton, but then he's really not a step down from Hodgson and would at the very least keep us up...

Kenny's a step in the wrong direction though...
Sammy Lee hold fort?

I think no.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 31, 2010, 11:48:28 pm »
Could to have what we were thinking confirmed but is it anything we didnt know?

It's basically been confirmed that the owners dont see Roy as a long term solution. Fine, we knew that.

It 's bascialy been confiremd that they will replace him if a good manager becomes available. Fine we knew that. We also know that the main managers wont be available till the summer.

So basically, the only fresh news we're getting is that a caretaker manager is out of the question and unless there's a full scale riot at Anfield between now and May, Roy will be in charge till then.

Dont see how this is good news.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: December 31, 2010, 11:55:57 pm »
Could to have what we were thinking confirmed but is it anything we didnt know?

It's basically been confirmed that the owners dont see Roy as a long term solution. Fine, we knew that.

It 's bascialy been confiremd that they will replace him if a good manager becomes available. Fine we knew that. We also know that the main managers wont be available till the summer.

So basically, the only fresh news we're getting is that a caretaker manager is out of the question and unless there's a full scale riot at Anfield between now and May, Roy will be in charge till then.

Dont see how this is good news.

:(

Offline Gem

• Main Stander
  • The King Returns
« Reply #307 on: January 1, 2011, 12:01:01 am »
Once he's gone, I want the memory of Hodgsons reign erased from my mind forever. I'm not sure how its done but I've seen it in the movies.
I see Hodgson as a turd left in the bog by H & G, just need to flush it!
'For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball'

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #308 on: January 1, 2011, 12:01:47 am »
Why look around when we have two capable men available and in the city?

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #309 on: January 1, 2011, 12:04:50 am »
It's pretty obvious that Hodgson is going to be sacked. The problem is getting in his replacement. Bar Rafa the likes of Deschamps & Boas are not going to leave their posts, if at all, till end of season. The delay leads me to believe that Rafas not their number 1, however as more and more pressure mounts for NSEV to take immediate action does anyone think that they will appoint Rafa and be done with it? They only reason I can see them not bringing him back is that they think he could be dangerous to them but surely he's only dangerous if they're lying duplicitous c*nts like the last lot. If they're going to be decent honourable custodians I can't see how Rafa would be a danger to them.

I agree with your assessment.  Rafa's not their number 1 choice and may not even be considered as it's rumored Camolli doesn't want him. If FSV get someone better than Rafa, then I'll be happy. Else I'm gonna moan an their short sightedness.
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline codyscott

• Main Stander
« Reply #310 on: January 1, 2011, 12:06:29 am »
Happy new year everyone.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #311 on: January 1, 2011, 12:08:10 am »
Liverpool actively considering replacing Roy Hodgson should right candidate become available
Liverpool’s owners are convinced Roy Hodgson is not the man to lead the club forward in the long-term and are actively considering replacing him midway through the season, should the right candidate become available.

Fenway Sports Group, who bought Liverpool in October, had hoped to allow Hodgson to continue until the end of the season before reviewing his position, but their concerns over his relationship with the club’s fans and the team’s seemingly endless on-pitch troubles are now so great they are reconsidering their plans.

The group’s principal backers, Tom Werner and John W Henry, would prefer to make their first appointment a permanent one – seemingly ruling out a return for Kenny Dalglish, the fans’ clear choice, as caretaker – and they are believed to be examaining the credentials of a number of candidates.

They will not sack Hodgson, though, without knowing their preferred replacement is available and willing to move, raising the possibility that the 63-year-old will continue in control for the foreseeable future despite failing to win over either the club’s owners or the Anfield crowd.

FSG – who appointed Theo Epstein as General Manager of the Boston Red Sox at the age of 28 – hope to attract a young, ambitious coach to revitalise the club after two years of regression under Hodgson and his predecessor, Rafael Benitez.

In charge of a club where risky appointments have, for more than half a century, been frowned upon – Jose Mourinho was disregarded in 2004 because of his penchant for self-publicity – FSG are certain that only breaking with that tradition will jolt Liverpool back to life.

The likes of Frank Rijkaard, the former Barcelona manager, Andre Villas Boas, of Porto, Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp and Didier Deschamps, of Marseille, would all fit those criteria, though only Rijkaard – at 48, the oldest of the contenders – is currently available. Owen Coyle, too, would be both difficult and expensive to entice away from Bolton mid-season.

Though Hodgson moved to stem the growing tide of anger among Liverpool’s supporters for his perceived criticism of the Anfield crowd during Wednesday’s 1-0 defeat to Wolves – more than 9,000 people have signed an online petition calling for his dismissal – his contrition is unlikely to quell FSG’s fears that his relationship with the fans is beyond repair.

“I certainly regret if I have offended them in any way,” said the Liverpool manager. “It was in no way meant to be an offensive comment on my part. I went on to say that, while describing my situation as not being able to win the fans over with performances, I was taking responsibility and fully understood and empathised with them.

“There is no way I would want to do that and there is no way that would be justified because everyone knows the support from Liverpool’s fans is the best in the country. I am also fully aware that to get the best out of that support, you have to give them something to look forward to supporting.”

It is that problem which is at the root of his employers’ growing discontent with Hodgson’s reign. Henry and Werner are thought to feel that the former Fulham manager is unlikely to elicit the best from Liverpool squad, while his failure to address the team’s myriad problems in his six months in charge has frustrated the owners.

They cannot doubt, though, that Hodgson himself is suffering, describing the aftermath of the Wolves game as one of the loneliest periods of his long career.

“Lonely is not the wrong word to use because to be quite honest, you do not want company any way,” he said. “You want to be left alone with your thoughts – which are not pleasant thoughts – but you do not have the desire to do anything but sit around with those thoughts.

“It is a lonely job being a manager of a top club. You cannot expect people to help you too much. The staff are very good and supportive, and the players, too, but your family is very important at times like these. They try to encourage you that life isn’t all doom and gloom. That is what you have to cling on to.”

Such problems, Hodgson admits, seem a world away from the triumphalism of his final season at Fulham, the achievements of which earned him the Liverpool job, as well as the LMA Manager of the Year award.

He said: “It seems a long time ago, doesn’t it? It has been an uphill struggle for me here. I have had a lot of situations to deal with. There have been these very big setbacks which have thrown me into the firing line. I accept it as being part of a big club and taking a job of this stature.

“Coming to Liverpool for me was a pinnacle. It was a reward for the work I had put in not just at Fulham but in the years before. It was a recognition of my competence and you hope you can keep flying forward. [But] I saw a quote from Benjamin Disraeli when he became Prime Minister saying he had climbed to the top of the greasy pole. That is what we do as managers.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8233975/Liverpool-actively-considering-replacing-Roy-Hodgson-should-right-candidate-become-available.html
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #312 on: January 1, 2011, 12:10:04 am »
Roy is a terrible manager. No doubts there.

But Gerrard is on £110,000+ A WEEK.

On Wednesday I went to the game and he couldn't be arsed

LFC Club Captain. £110k a week.

Can't be fucking arsed.

Not sure this is brilliant. Fucking hell. More money than I earn in 3 or 4 years. And he can't be arsed.

I have to agree my friend. It's shameful and shocking, particularly when you consider how arsed we all are when playing with friends simply for fun. It's plenty out there, albeit most with 1/16th of the man's talent or less, that would play for Liverpool for minimum wage or even free if the opportunity arose and would try their best. Meanwhile Stevie is sulking about in midfield because his latest 30 yrd ball has just smacked right into the defender again. Don't get me wrong, he's our best player on his day but it really pains me when you see a display like that from someone getting paid so much to play a game they love. Sheer pride should mean you put forth more effort than that.

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: January 1, 2011, 12:11:58 am »
You would like to think so wouldn't you. Depends if the element that wanted "English" for the Hodgson appointment still exists at the club, in which case it could be Fergy Jr, Martin ONeil & Fat Sam.
Nah, they wont think like that, too prudent. They want a young winner, home grown players, by all means, not that gaffer.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #314 on: January 1, 2011, 12:12:31 am »
Anfield owners ready to ditch Hodgson for 'the right man'

Fans dispute seals manager's fate but lack of an ideal candidate could delay his exit

By Ian Herbert, Deputy Football Correspondent

Liverpool's owners have concluded that Roy Hodgson is not the manager to take Liverpool forward in the long term and are ready to replace him in mid-season if the right candidate becomes available.

The club's principal owner John W Henry and his Fenway Sports Group are examining the situation closely, with the wedge that Wednesday's defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers drove between Hodgson and the fans a factor in their willingness to replace the 63-year-old now, rather than allow him to marshal the club through to the end of the season. Hodgson cut a lonely and wounded individual yesterday at a press conference which had a valedictory air about it and he expressed "regret" if he had "offended in any way" fans who took against his suggestion after the Wolves defeat that the "famous Anfield support" had never been there for him.

It is unclear what the response of the fans will be for the challenging home match with Bolton today, though Hodgson's midweek comments, taken with a feeling that the club's tactical and physical readiness for matches is not improving, appears to have sealed his fate already.

With Henry seemingly having no appetite for a caretaker – confirming the impressions of Kenny Dalglish, who would be willing to become that individual – the lack of immediately available prospective replacements may mean Hodgson ploughing on until the summer. Among the ranks of young managers Henry favours appointing – replicating the decision to hire Theo Epstein with such prodigious results at his Boston Red Sox – only Frank Rijkaard, the former Barcelona coach, is not under contract and the 48-year-old may not be the ideal candidate. Marseilles' Didier Deschamps – approached by Liverpool last summer – Porto's Andre Villas Boas, Borussia Dortmund's Jürgen Klopp or even Bolton's Owen Coyle are younger individuals whom Henry may prefer.

Hodgson, last season's manager of the year, is not alone in his state of uncertainty. West Ham's Avram Grant – whose side today host the Wolves side which vanquished Liverpool – Aston Villa's Gérard Houllier, whose club's tough run continues tomorrow at Chelsea, and Fulham's Mark Hughes - away today to thriving Spurs – also have reason to fear for their futures. It was Mr. Ferguson who observed in the process of discussing his son Darren's dismissal at Preston yesterday, that Christmas is the sacking period for managers. But few managers will feel the sting of dismissal more than Hodgson, who had the courage to turn up and eloquently address the barbed, ironic chants of "Hodgson for England" from fans on Wednesday night and has been damned for it.

"I have been very disappointed and very hurt, in particular by comments I made that I thought were mere statements of fact and which were in no way meant to be offensive," said Hodgson, who has had no contact with his owners since Wednesday. "Funnily enough, I thought I had done a good job in disguising the hurt, the sadness and to some extent, the anger – not only to take the stick from the crowd but to stand up in front of a press conference and say I understood and sympathised with them. It is always going to be the case when things are going wrong you are going to get that type of flak. It was unfortunate for me that this has been turned around and fans have been made to think that I went into a press conference with a view to attacking them because nothing could be further from the truth. I think you all know that."

Hodgson's bewilderment has been compounded by the fact that the Liverpool situation has turned so rapidly. There have been only two bad defeats and two cancelled matches since the halcyon days of early winter, when Chelsea were beaten, with Villa and West Ham pummelled. Even Ferguson reflected, with good reason, yesterday that the quality of a Wolves side which so nearly beat United had been overlooked in the attacks on Hodgson. It is a sentiment the 63-year-old shares.

"It is a strange situation isn't it?" the Liverpool manager added. "A few weeks ago when we were on a good roll and playing good football, everything looked bright and positive. The performance against Tottenham [Liverpool were excellent despite a 2-1 defeat] encouraged people to some extent but now has become just another defeat. The last two defeats have hurt us very badly and hurt me very badly because we haven't played anywhere near our potential. We played badly.

"It has swung things around enormously and put us in this situation where we find ourselves today. I can't do more than emphasise that it hurts me deeply. It hurts my professional pride. It hurts all the things I believe in to find myself in the situation I am in but I have to accept I am in it. In answer to the question of how I am feeling – very bad, very down."

Even Hodgson's experience of football battles past did not seem to offer him succour yesterday. "Nothing really compares to the last game of the [2007/08] season at Fulham and having to win at Portsmouth to stay in the League. Getting relegated from the Premier League for a team like Fulham is something everyone dreads. It has been an uphill struggle since I came here [though] and maybe that was the point I was trying to make. I accept [setbacks are] part of being a big club and accept it as part of taking on a job of this stature. I saw a quote from Benjamin Disraeli when he got the job as prime minister. I have achieved my goal and 'climbed to the top of a greasy pole' and that's really what we do. That is how I feel, coming to Liverpool for me was a pinnacle. And then you come here hoping you keep flying forward. I did know it would be difficult.

"[This] is a time when you are going to be very hurt and upset about everything. Lonely is not the wrong word to use because to be quite honest you don't want company anyway. You want to be left alone with your thoughts which are not pleasant thoughts."

These are extracts from another immeasurably eloquent press conference which was not all doom and gloom. "[Manager of the year] seems a long time ago doesn't it," he concluded. "I hope I can do it again in 2011. Let's end on that positive note. I'll work for that."

But this sounded like an exercise in self-motivation. The die is already cast. That career pinnacle will be a painfully brief one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/anfield-owners-ready-to-ditch-hodgson-for-the-right-man-2173188.html
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline impz

• Kopite
« Reply #315 on: January 1, 2011, 12:18:56 am »
He resigned from Villa in protest after Milner was sold.

No he wasn't.

He spent the second most amount of money in the league.. Only man city topped him.

And he was no closer to winning anything in the process..

Lerner wanted him to use all his expensive buys that weren't even getting games... MON didn't want to..

It was a spineless move by a spineless and not a very good manager.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2011, 12:28:21 am by impz »
from the land of ice and fire.

Ohh and the occasional bank collapse and finacial crisis.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #316 on: January 1, 2011, 12:18:58 am »
Deschamps, Villas Boas, Klopp, Flores, Laudrup etc etc

From what i remember Deschamps was considered/interviewed? in the summer but we went for Roys PL experience & 35 years of managerial know how.
DD had plenty of top flight experience from his playing days, won domestic championships both as manager & player, captained a champions league winning side, played in a successful national team & understands the euro game.  Could he snub us as we overlooked him and the fact that his side are through to the CL last 16 whereas we have an uphill struggle to get back into europe if our current form continues.  Would take balls of steel to walk away from what he's got & come to us but that is exactly what I would want from a new manager.  For me that would show hunger, ambition & a desire to take on a big job where the pressure & expectation come as standard.  Anyone who relishes & takes on such a challenge but does so whilst displaying a true understanding of the clubs/fans/managers relationship/expectations (ala Mr Benitez) - would be more than welcome.

Not saying Didier is the only one with the above qualities but does anyone know if any of these other guys were actually approached last time around? or expressed an interest? or whether they're coming to the end of their contracts etc.

Hopefully NESV have done their homework, learned from the RH debacle and taken on feedback from the fans.  After all, they've supposedly been listening...

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #317 on: January 1, 2011, 12:19:37 am »
So the question is, who's the right man.... dun dun dunn

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: January 1, 2011, 12:21:18 am »
I thought Deschamps turned it down in the end.
@paulair

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #319 on: January 1, 2011, 12:22:03 am »

Nooooooooooooooo  :shocked