Author Topic: New Kits 2008-2009  (Read 404709 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: New Kits 2008-2009
« Reply #2680 on: July 28, 2008, 06:34:03 pm »
At that price i should have got the white away as well.
You'd certainly be better off with that than the foul new away kit   :-X

I'm pondering whether to get "Hamann 8" on the back of my Germany shirt or just leave it blank. 
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2681 on: July 28, 2008, 09:04:35 pm »
The name Keane isn't going nowhere near my new shirts...

Robbie the second ;D!

Offline ElNino08

• Kopite
« Reply #2682 on: July 29, 2008, 12:53:15 am »
wot number do you guys think keane will be then?

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2683 on: July 29, 2008, 12:58:11 am »

Offline luco16

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2684 on: July 29, 2008, 01:09:10 am »
Let's not forget she's just dropped a kid, so she's liable to have a clout like a yawning afghan hound.

Offline jonty101

• but you might know him as Damien.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • fernando torres , liverpools no.9
« Reply #2685 on: July 29, 2008, 09:46:07 am »
its a done deal that he's no.7
add my ps3 ID jonty101 :)
Torres is the most overrated fuckin player I've ever seen. When he's not giving the ball away he's on his arse. How the fuck anyone can say he's worth 25 million is beyond me.

Offline astrochimp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2686 on: July 29, 2008, 11:50:08 am »
Just got my shirt from Thailand and I am really pleased with it but its a bit tight around my arms and shorter than my official one. Went with Medium even though I am a large as everyone recommend getting a size down from official.

Offline Violent_Kop

• Main Stander
  • In denial
« Reply #2687 on: July 29, 2008, 12:45:06 pm »
I agree. You're not a proper England fan if you wear one.

::)

wouldnt know about that, I'm Irish.
"The only thing I fear is missing an open goal in front of the Kop. I would die if that were to happen. When they start singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I've actually been crying while I've been playing". Kevin Keegan

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2688 on: July 29, 2008, 01:37:11 pm »
Just received my home shirt looks great, a bit tight round the chest area but I'm on a health kick so that shouldn't be for much longer, I also chose the wrong lettering and numbering I chose the Adidas 07-09 when I should have chosen League 07-08 but never mind it still looks nice, and came in less than a week!!

Offline shanklygateslfc

• Kopite
« Reply #2689 on: July 29, 2008, 01:44:29 pm »
Yet another guestion regarding shirt sizes off jomzajung!!!  :butt :butt

i got an official Spain shirt for the euros, size medium, perfect fit.  What size would i go for if i ordered the new Home shirt off Jomza??
NO ONE PERSON IS BIGGER THAN THIS FOOTBALL CLUB!!!!!

YNWA - Justice for the 96 - R.I.P.  Never Forgotten, Forever with us.

Offline Petch

• Anny Roader
  • There's Only One F In Rafa
« Reply #2690 on: July 29, 2008, 02:08:21 pm »
Just received my home shirt looks great, a bit tight round the chest area but I'm on a health kick so that shouldn't be for much longer, I also chose the wrong lettering and numbering I chose the Adidas 07-09 when I should have chosen League 07-08 but never mind it still looks nice, and came in less than a week!!
Why should you have chosen PL07/08?

Are we definitely NOT using the Euro2008 Adidas font? Because that's what I've ordered my new KEANE 7 shirt with. :(

Yet another guestion regarding shirt sizes off jomzajung!!!  :butt :butt

i got an official Spain shirt for the euros, size medium, perfect fit.  What size would i go for if i ordered the new Home shirt off Jomza??
I'd go for medium as well. To be honest, if they're the same manufacturer, it'll probably be the same fit.

Wait around & see if anyone has ordered both, they should be able to tell you. Infact, I saw someone a few pages back had bought both, and the Argentina away. Have a look & PM them. :)

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #2691 on: July 29, 2008, 02:18:28 pm »

Are we definitely NOT using the Euro2008 Adidas font? Because that's what I've ordered my new KEANE 7 shirt with. :(
I'd go for medium as well. To be honest, if they're the same manufacturer, it'll probably be the same fit.

Well i'm not sure, the numbering I have has loads of small dots within it so not sure if that's correct?

Offline shanklygateslfc

• Kopite
« Reply #2692 on: July 29, 2008, 02:37:41 pm »

Wait around & see if anyone has ordered both, they should be able to tell you. Infact, I saw someone a few pages back had bought both, and the Argentina away. Have a look & PM them. :)

cheers man.  flicked back a couple of pages and found the comment about the argentina top.  think i'm gonna go for a small.
NO ONE PERSON IS BIGGER THAN THIS FOOTBALL CLUB!!!!!

YNWA - Justice for the 96 - R.I.P.  Never Forgotten, Forever with us.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #2693 on: July 29, 2008, 02:39:24 pm »
Well i'm not sure, the numbering I have has loads of small dots within it so not sure if that's correct?

I think we are using the Adidas numbers (for CL) from Euro 2008 as Chelsea had them on in a freindly, its what I've ordered for my away for Jormung (or something like that) in Red as I doubt they'll be white in Europe as the Prem League No's have a black outline.

I have 9 Torres in the same font as Spain used in the Euro's and it looks boss on the Home kit.

P.S. it does have dots in the number
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Petch

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2694 on: July 29, 2008, 02:52:40 pm »
Yeah that's the one mate. That's what I've got for KEANE 7. 8)

cheers man.  flicked back a couple of pages and found the comment about the argentina top.  think i'm gonna go for a small.
No probs, glad to help. :)

I think we are using the Adidas numbers (for CL) from Euro 2008 as Chelsea had them on in a freindly, its what I've ordered for my away for Jormung (or something like that) in Red as I doubt they'll be white in Europe as the Prem League No's have a black outline.

I have 9 Torres in the same font as Spain used in the Euro's and it looks boss on the Home kit.

P.S. it does have dots in the number
I hadn't thought about the away shirt in Europe. Saying that, we're very unlikely to use the grey kit in Europe.

Cheers for the help mate, can't wait to get my new shirt now! :D

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2695 on: July 29, 2008, 02:57:43 pm »
Just wondering can you tell the difference between the shirts on the website and an original one from the shops? is it the exact same quality? i want to purchase one for my cousin and i don't want him thinking i got him a cheap fake lol ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:59:15 pm by slickman »

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #2696 on: July 29, 2008, 04:52:30 pm »
My lad wants one of the old Candy shirts. Anyone know where you can get them, in town or even on the internet or through anyone on here? Think a place on Bold Street used to do them, anyone know if they've still got them?
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline luco16

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2697 on: July 29, 2008, 05:04:57 pm »
My lad wants one of the old Candy shirts. Anyone know where you can get them, in town or even on the internet or through anyone on here? Think a place on Bold Street used to do them, anyone know if they've still got them?

have you tried ebay?
Let's not forget she's just dropped a kid, so she's liable to have a clout like a yawning afghan hound.

Offline Kerem

• Kemlynite
  • Toni Schumacher
    • keremsuer.com
« Reply #2698 on: July 29, 2008, 06:01:21 pm »
I love the new away kits. And the green GK kit.
Well done.
Up to five goals is journalism.  After that, it becomes statistics.

Offline ElNino08

• Kopite
« Reply #2699 on: July 29, 2008, 08:41:33 pm »

microzine on bold street had a few for about £55 quid i think

Offline Oside Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2700 on: July 29, 2008, 09:00:47 pm »
I almost went a size down based on the board, but at the last minute decided to go with my regular size, XL.

Australia away (Nike) - overall the jersey feels cheap.  More like a training top.   Not in a knock-off way, just that Australia has some cheap ass kits.  I'm 6'4", 230 lbs., 45-46" chest, and the XL is probably the best fit I'm going to get.  A little snug around the chest and shoulders, but not a bother.  Length is fine.  2X would've been too big.

Argentina away (Adidas) - amazing.   XL is a great fit, and the quality of this one is top notch.

Liverpool home - nearly perfect.  XL is perfect, quality is great -- except that I washed it right away to get the smell out (the smell that my wife described as a combination of parmesan cheese and ass), and the cheap badge (only looks cheap inside the kit) seemed to shrink a little bit and was tugging at the jersey, if that makes sense.   I bent it a little bit, and kinda massaged it out, and it looked fine.  I don't know if it'll do this with every wash, but not a big deal, or noticeable to anyone but me.

Overall I'm ecstatic with the purchases, and will use the site again.  Delivery to Oceanside, California took 7 business days.

Offline Redzippy

• Kopite
  • Woof woof ! - sick of it i tells yer !
« Reply #2701 on: July 30, 2008, 09:19:47 am »

Theres an adidas shop in town on whitechapel that had the Red one (£35.00) think it was ??  Not sure if is still there though havent been to town for ages !
Y-N-W-A

Offline Petch

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2702 on: July 30, 2008, 09:40:10 am »
Liverpool home - nearly perfect.  XL is perfect, quality is great -- except that I washed it right away to get the smell out (the smell that my wife described as a combination of parmesan cheese and ass), and the cheap badge (only looks cheap inside the kit) seemed to shrink a little bit and was tugging at the jersey, if that makes sense.   I bent it a little bit, and kinda massaged it out, and it looked fine.  I don't know if it'll do this with every wash, but not a big deal, or noticeable to anyone but me.
Did you get the home from BW4Y/Jomzajung?

I know what you mean about the badge looking cheap on the inside, with the white cloth (best way to describe it ;D) all over. Does that show through the holes in the shirt?

Thanks if you, or anyone else, can answer this. :)

Offline spideyjo79

• Kemlynite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #2703 on: July 30, 2008, 11:12:47 am »
I almost went a size down based on the board, but at the last minute decided to go with my regular size, XL.

Australia away (Nike) - overall the jersey feels cheap.  More like a training top.   Not in a knock-off way, just that Australia has some cheap ass kits.  I'm 6'4", 230 lbs., 45-46" chest, and the XL is probably the best fit I'm going to get.  A little snug around the chest and shoulders, but not a bother.  Length is fine.  2X would've been too big.

Argentina away (Adidas) - amazing.   XL is a great fit, and the quality of this one is top notch.

Liverpool home - nearly perfect.  XL is perfect, quality is great -- except that I washed it right away to get the smell out (the smell that my wife described as a combination of parmesan cheese and ass), and the cheap badge (only looks cheap inside the kit) seemed to shrink a little bit and was tugging at the jersey, if that makes sense.   I bent it a little bit, and kinda massaged it out, and it looked fine.  I don't know if it'll do this with every wash, but not a big deal, or noticeable to anyone but me.

Overall I'm ecstatic with the purchases, and will use the site again.  Delivery to Oceanside, California took 7 business days.
Their Nike shirts are definitely not as good as their Adidas. I got the Australia away shirt too and compared to my genuine home shirt the quality difference is noticable. Their Adidas shirts on the otherhand are virtually indistinguishable!

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2704 on: July 30, 2008, 01:25:27 pm »
Their Nike shirts are definitely not as good as their Adidas. I got the Australia away shirt too and compared to my genuine home shirt the quality difference is noticable. Their Adidas shirts on the otherhand are virtually indistinguishable!
I'm not sure that's true.  Maybe it's just the shitty Australian ones, coz my Brazil shirt is spot on.   :)
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline kopite789

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #2705 on: July 30, 2008, 02:59:36 pm »
I'm not sure that's true.  Maybe it's just the shitty Australian ones, coz my Brazil shirt is spot on.   :)

My Barca and Juve tops look spot on aswell.
25th May 2005 - The greatest night in the history of the world. FACT

Twitter : @kopite789

Offline Redzippy

• Kopite
  • Woof woof ! - sick of it i tells yer !
« Reply #2706 on: July 30, 2008, 03:44:57 pm »
I'm not sure that's true.  Maybe it's just the shitty Australian ones, coz my Brazil shirt is spot on.   :)

Agreed, up-to now have purchased - Spain (H&A) adidas, Argie (H&A)adidas & Holland (H&A) Nike...... All are of the same standard as the ones in the shops.  All have been spot on !.... just waiting for the grey Lpool to appear now  & am gonna order all 3 Lpool shirts
Y-N-W-A

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2707 on: July 30, 2008, 04:14:25 pm »

I disagree. I got a Brazil shirt (pictured a few pages back) and it's 100% perfect. It's not a fake, or a copy, it's the real thing. A mate has one bought for full price in the shop. There was not a single difference. It's probably the best shirt I've got off there to date.

Offline Donnacha90

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2708 on: July 30, 2008, 04:49:13 pm »
Thanks a million (insert name here) for showing me jomzajung. Got the new Home shirt, i am Size L normally and ordered L... perfect fit. Came within a week.  ;D
JFT 97

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2709 on: July 30, 2008, 04:59:57 pm »
Did you know, the reason why the German away shirt is green (usually) is because it's a mark of respect for Ireland for being neutral during WW2 and that Ireland was the only team to give them a game after the war?
Sorry but this is a (Guinness-fuelled?) myth. Ask yourself why not have have sky blue/yellow shirt or a red/white one as a mark of 'respect' for Sweden and Switzerland who also kept their heads down and sat on the fence too? Helped Germany a lot more too did those countries.

The green is simply the official colour of the DFB (their national association, equivalent of the FA), and as for being the first team to play them post-WW2, that was the Nazi-looted-gold-hiding Swiss.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2710 on: July 30, 2008, 05:26:46 pm »
Right, well I received my Spain shirt today, which I ordered from EasyJung.  Compared to the Argy and Brazil shirts I got from Jomzajung I'm a little disappointed, so I don't know if they use the same stock despite the similarities in their websites.  The "sender" address was certainly different on their respective envelopes.
As soon as I took it out of the packaging there was something cheaper feeling about it, and it's a great deal snugger than the Mediums that I got in the other two shirts.  Again the badges are a little lower in quality and even the printing of the number (whilst still substantial quality) seems a bit slip-shod and wrinkled, as if it wasn't done on a flat surface.
I only ordered from EasyJung because Jomza didn't have Medium in the Spain shirt, but from now on I'll stick to Jomza and I'll just have to wait for them to get stock.  So not a disaster at £18 delivered, and still wearable, but a little below par.  :-\

Ah well, it's an incentive for me to shave a couple of inches off my beer gut I suppose.   ;D

Offline lfcss

• dull
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2711 on: July 30, 2008, 08:16:40 pm »
Got my top today from Jomzajung absolutely chuffed brilliant service delivery in just over a week ordered XL im 6' and 16 stone it fits fine, only just to be fair but it does fit well enough so i dont look stupid. £8 cant go wrong  :thumbup :thumbup
If there's a Mrs Skrtel she probably has to wear shinpads to bed.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2712 on: July 31, 2008, 11:22:31 am »
*stupid question alert!*

Hi all, want to order the Spain home with Torres #9 on from Jomzajung, if I click on the one that says it already has the name and number on do I need to bother filling in the name & number box, and the 'Style' box? If so what style is it on the back, adidas?

Lastly.. am a pretty slight build, would normally buy size adult-small... worth going for the same one through jomza?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline amamo

• Main Stander
« Reply #2713 on: July 31, 2008, 01:32:34 pm »
hi all.
i ordered the new home and 3rd strips a couple of days ago and paid via paypal. it still says "waiting for payment" in my order history though. has this gone through properly? it didnt take me back to the jomzajung website after i finished paying on paypal which seemed wierd..

this may have been answered before but i couldnt find it in the thread.
thanks in advance!

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2714 on: July 31, 2008, 01:42:56 pm »
hi all.
i ordered the new home and 3rd strips a couple of days ago and paid via paypal. it still says "waiting for payment" in my order history though. has this gone through properly? it didnt take me back to the jomzajung website after i finished paying on paypal which seemed wierd..

this may have been answered before but i couldnt find it in the thread.
thanks in advance!
You'll be fine, the payment just needs to clear.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline amamo

• Main Stander
« Reply #2715 on: July 31, 2008, 02:14:42 pm »
You'll be fine, the payment just needs to clear.
thanks mate!!

Offline El cheapiano

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2716 on: July 31, 2008, 06:33:32 pm »
Hi, can anyone let me know what Jomzajung charge for P+P? - Ta

Offline skrtelboss

• Main Stander
  • vivakuyt!
« Reply #2717 on: July 31, 2008, 09:38:18 pm »
£6 airmail

Offline redtom

• Main Stander
« Reply #2718 on: August 1, 2008, 08:07:35 am »
Just ordered the new home and 3rd shirt as well as the Argantine away, the 3 come to £24 + £14 p& p from jomzajung

Cant wait for them to get to me now, get married on the 15th so would be handy to get them before then otherwise will miss them before I go on Honeymoon

Will post again when they arrive

Offline Oside Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2719 on: August 1, 2008, 01:32:52 pm »
Does that show through the holes in the shirt?

got it from jomza/bestway4you or whatever it's called.  No, the white "backing" of the patch didn't show through the shirt, but if it did, it looks like it could be easily trimmed up to match the badge.