Author Topic: New Kits 2008-2009  (Read 404798 times)

Offline jazw

• Main Stander
Re: New Kits 2008-2009
« Reply #2600 on: July 24, 2008, 07:46:34 pm »
I'm looking to buy the home kit with Torres 9 and the prem patches from jomza, have a few questions. Has anyone got a shirt with the prem patches from them and whats the quality like? Are they attached properly? I'm worried they may come off easily. Also, I'm sorry to ask this, but I usually get a medium size as a I like them a bit baggy, but the chest sizes seem too big on the jomza website. I'm only 5'11 and slim so would a medium from them be too big? thanks.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2601 on: July 24, 2008, 07:51:58 pm »
Anyone debating about buying a shirt from joza, i for one can say the quality is unreal. I got an Argie and a Spain shirt. I had to wait nearly 2 months due to a miss understanding but I'm so happy with them, they are not fakes, must be 2nds.

Me mates dont believe i got em from a Thai website, they are all ordering shirts now.

My thanks to Rawkits for bringing the site to my attention.

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #2602 on: July 24, 2008, 08:39:18 pm »
Anyone got the link for the alternative Jomza site? One with the grey shirt on...

Offline tommo77

• Kemlynite
  • My Liverpool mad Boy Mitchell
« Reply #2603 on: July 24, 2008, 10:18:19 pm »
Here we go... Yet another new kit..! By my reckoning thats 13 different kits (including goalies) since Adicrap took over.. I can understand them wanting to make money after buying out Reebok, but why the hell is Liverpool FC allowing us fans to be ripped off again.??
I feel sorry for all the parents with more than one kid. This is getting ridiculous now - and worse than Man Utd.!
First we get done over the tickets for Athens, then we have a season ticket and match ticket price rise, and now more kits..!
I love Liverpool FC with all my heart, but I am getting seriously pissed off with the way they are ripping off the fans. I wouldnt mind if the kits were nice, but apart from the new red one and the green goalie kits, the others are crap.!
My missus got me the new grey one last week, and I asked her to take it back. I wont wear it for two reasons, 1, I think its horrible and 2, I refuse to be ripped off anymore.! I am not contributing to Voronins and Pennants wages..!
Would be interesting to hear what the rest of you think.??
Tommo77

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2604 on: July 24, 2008, 10:26:39 pm »
Here we go... Yet another new kit..! By my reckoning thats 13 different kits (including goalies) since Adicrap took over.. I can understand them wanting to make money after buying out Reebok, but why the hell is Liverpool FC allowing us fans to be ripped off again.??
I feel sorry for all the parents with more than one kid. This is getting ridiculous now - and worse than Man Utd.!
First we get done over the tickets for Athens, then we have a season ticket and match ticket price rise, and now more kits..!
I love Liverpool FC with all my heart, but I am getting seriously pissed off with the way they are ripping off the fans. I wouldnt mind if the kits were nice, but apart from the new red one and the green goalie kits, the others are crap.!
My missus got me the new grey one last week, and I asked her to take it back. I wont wear it for two reasons, 1, I think its horrible and 2, I refuse to be ripped off anymore.! I am not contributing to Voronins and Pennants wages..!
Would be interesting to hear what the rest of you think.??

Not meaning to sound a dick but...

You clearly haven't read the thread have you? We're buying indistingushable fakes for £8 a go off a website, none of which will go to LFC (G and H) ;)

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2605 on: July 24, 2008, 10:52:13 pm »
Not meaning to sound a dick but...

You clearly haven't read the thread have you? We're buying indistingushable fakes for £8 a go off a website, none of which will go to LFC (G and H) ;)
Plus the amount of shirts we have hasn't increased since Adidas took over.  We've always had a home shirt for 2 years and a new away and 3rd (Euro) shirt every year, at least for as long as I can remember.

Offline tommo77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2606 on: July 24, 2008, 10:53:28 pm »
Yeah, fair enough.. I just saw the subject and thought I would post my concerns here, rather than start a new thread and someon say that we already had a 'new kits' thread going.
Ive done this before and didnt want to clutter up the site...
Sorry....
Tommo77

Offline tommo77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2607 on: July 24, 2008, 10:56:59 pm »
To HowHard-Gerrard,
    I have supported the reds since 1971, and I understand the commercial side has took over in the past 15 years or so, ive never known a 3 year spell like this.!
Reebok never produced as many kits over 3 years and neither did Adicrap before them...
Tommo77

Offline safhossain03

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: July 24, 2008, 11:02:38 pm »

It's not like anyone's forcing you to buy every single kit that comes out. Some might have bought all 13; while some will never buy another kit again and will opt for the fakes. If you feel you're being ripped off or don't want to buy yet another kit, then don't. It really is as simple as that.

You also have to remember who's in charge here. The Texas Ranger and the Spam King want to milk this cow. They're plan is basically to dazzle us with five knockout kits (whether they are knockout or not is up for debate) and increase the chance to maximise shirt sales revenue five-fold.

I'll say it again, nobody is putting a gun to your head and demanding you buy every single kit. Not even your kids. It happens everywhere, I'm sure we'd have started doing it much sooner if we had a decent CE and didn't get left behind with the global market thing.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: July 24, 2008, 11:03:09 pm »
I'm looking to buy the home kit with Torres 9 and the prem patches from jomza, have a few questions. Has anyone got a shirt with the prem patches from them and whats the quality like? Are they attached properly? I'm worried they may come off easily. Also, I'm sorry to ask this, but I usually get a medium size as a I like them a bit baggy, but the chest sizes seem too big on the jomza website. I'm only 5'11 and slim so would a medium from them be too big? thanks.
To answer both questions, a medium will be fine on you, and the kits from there are of the exact same build quality you get in the shops, so there's no chance of something falling off them.

Offline tommo77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2610 on: July 24, 2008, 11:09:54 pm »
It's not like anyone's forcing you to buy every single kit that comes out. Some might have bought all 13; while some will never buy another kit again and will opt for the fakes. If you feel you're being ripped off or don't want to buy yet another kit, then don't. It really is as simple as that.

You also have to remember who's in charge here. The Texas Ranger and the Spam King want to milk this cow. They're plan is basically to dazzle us with five knockout kits (whether they are knockout or not is up for debate) and increase the chance to maximise shirt sales revenue five-fold.

I'll say it again, nobody is putting a gun to your head and demanding you buy every single kit. Not even your kids. It happens everywhere, I'm sure we'd have started doing it much sooner if we had a decent CE and didn't get left behind with the global market thing.

You know what, your right.. No one is making me buy them.. and I wont.. Thats not the point, its about being ripped off.... end of.. I just dont think it is right. LFC goes on about how great the fans are then puts pressure on Parents buy bringing out new kits every 5 minutes.!
As for G&H, I am not defending them, but they cannot be blamed for this, we had already signed with Adicrap (summer 2005) before they came along.. They maybe pushing more kits now, but my understanding is that this was already part of the deal cos Adicrap had to buy out Reebok and the want to get their money back..!
Tommo77

Offline Mattyy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2611 on: July 24, 2008, 11:19:46 pm »
Any tip-offs on unofficial retailers with stock of the home kit in Junior (8 year old)?  : ???

Bought a really crap one off ebay last year - lasted 2 months so needs to be decent quality this time

Offline jazw

• Main Stander
« Reply #2612 on: July 24, 2008, 11:20:51 pm »
To answer both questions, a medium will be fine on you, and the kits from there are of the exact same build quality you get in the shops, so there's no chance of something falling off them.

Thanks for clearing that up.

When I go to order, the prem patches only appear as an option on the right sleeve, is that normal and will the patches come on both if only right is selected?

Offline skrtelboss

• Main Stander
  • vivakuyt!
« Reply #2613 on: July 24, 2008, 11:52:09 pm »
From those pics, looks like my shirt from Jomzajung is spot on. 8)

Might order another one with European printing on it. What's everyones experience with the name/number printing & the badges?

Spot on, home or 3rd mate?

Ordered the 3rd and it's been shipped, whats it like. Is it a completely different colour or what?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: July 25, 2008, 06:48:39 am »
Thanks for clearing that up.

When I go to order, the prem patches only appear as an option on the right sleeve, is that normal and will the patches come on both if only right is selected?

I'm really not sure about that. It's best you ask via email what the deal is with that, or specify exactly what you want in the part where it asks for any special instructions before you pay.

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: July 25, 2008, 09:26:58 am »
Status
 NEW 08-09 Liverpool home shirt : M size(1) 8 GBP
- 07-09 Adidas numbering : Skrtel 37NEW 08-09 Liverpool home shirt : M size Color : (1) 4 GBP
 18.00  Products has been sent 

Weeeehoooohaaaayyyyeeeee ;D
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2616 on: July 25, 2008, 10:22:45 am »
Plus the amount of shirts we have hasn't increased since Adidas took over.  We've always had a home shirt for 2 years and a new away and 3rd (Euro) shirt every year, at least for as long as I can remember.

Yeah, 5 new kits every two years.  Chelsea do that too, but I don't think Man Utd do it?  Only one new away kit a season for them (but each one lasts two years).

And that 5 figure doesn't include any special edition home kits for CL victories!

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #2617 on: July 25, 2008, 11:42:04 am »
My thanks to Rawkits markay_stinkay for bringing the site to my attention.

No probs.

As Macphisto says drop him an e-mail as to not only ask for a solution but to alert him to the problem. However a way round it would be to add the patches separately ('sleeve patches' menu option on the left) then in the paypal payment, in the notes section, put that you want them attached to the actual shirt in your order.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #2618 on: July 25, 2008, 12:09:51 pm »

Yes it has. We had a home every 2 years and a yearly away. The third kit was always the previous seasons away shirt. That was 3 kits every two years as opposed to 5.

That doesn't include the odd commemorative shirt.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2619 on: July 25, 2008, 12:19:57 pm »
I've e-mailed him to ask if they'll be updating the Real Madrid shirt to amend the (very) slight discrepencies in the design, but he's replied that they won't be, so I might just order it and hope nobody notices.

Got my Lucas Brazil and Spain Torres shirts on their way.   :D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #2620 on: July 25, 2008, 12:23:42 pm »
What are the discrepencies?

Offline luco16

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2621 on: July 25, 2008, 12:26:21 pm »

That doesn't include the odd commemorative shirt.

Have we had a commerative shirt from adidas yet ?
Let's not forget she's just dropped a kid, so she's liable to have a clout like a yawning afghan hound.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #2622 on: July 25, 2008, 12:28:28 pm »
I was on about Reebok- we haven't won anything in Addidas yet apart from the Community shield ;)

Offline luco16

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2623 on: July 25, 2008, 12:30:19 pm »
I was on about Reebok- we haven't won anything in Addidas yet ;)

i get what you mean, and i must correct myself, because last seasons home kit was sold in a box with steven gerrards signature on for £80, and the same with last seasons away with a few other players!

ill stick to my £8 shirts from Jomzajung ;)
Let's not forget she's just dropped a kid, so she's liable to have a clout like a yawning afghan hound.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #2624 on: July 25, 2008, 12:33:35 pm »

Agreed!

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #2625 on: July 25, 2008, 12:41:10 pm »
i get what you mean, and i must correct myself, because last seasons home kit was sold in a box with steven gerrards signature on for £80, and the same with last seasons away with a few other players!

You can have my version of Steven Gerrard's signature if you like. ;D

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2626 on: July 25, 2008, 12:46:26 pm »
Status
 NEW 08-09 Liverpool home shirt : M size(1) 8 GBP
- 07-09 Adidas numbering : Skrtel 37NEW 08-09 Liverpool home shirt : M size Color : (1) 4 GBP
 18.00  Products has been sent 

Weeeehoooohaaaayyyyeeeee ;D

£4 for lettering alone? so without that i get good quality kits for just £8? sounds good.

Offline luco16

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2627 on: July 25, 2008, 12:49:24 pm »
You can have my version of Steven Gerrard's signature if you like. ;D

scrap that, i just got what you meant haha

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2628 on: July 25, 2008, 12:56:30 pm »
What are the discrepencies?
Going by the pictures on their site the shirt is missing the diagonal "air-tex" stripe down the front and the red label on the back of the collar.  I'm basing those observations on Kit Bags official pictures.

Still a gorgeous kit though, so it probably won't stop me ordering.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: July 25, 2008, 12:57:53 pm »
£4 for lettering alone? so without that i get good quality kits for just £8? sounds good.

Yap.
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline Petch

• Anny Roader
  • There's Only One F In Rafa
« Reply #2630 on: July 26, 2008, 08:35:13 am »
Spot on, home or 3rd mate?

Ordered the 3rd and it's been shipped, whats it like. Is it a completely different colour or what?
I was worried about the colour too. Close up, it seems to be a green, but if you catch your replection it's definitely looks like the same as the players.

Did you order from Jomzajung?

Offline Jacketh

• Main Stander
  • Rafa, Rafael, Rafael Benitez
« Reply #2631 on: July 26, 2008, 04:38:06 pm »
im 6'5 and quite well built. Wondering what size shirt as jomza only has a large ?!

Any advice would be much appreciated
Forever LFC

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #2632 on: July 26, 2008, 04:43:33 pm »
Anyone got the link for the alternative Jomza site? One with the grey shirt on...
Anyone?

Offline skrtelboss

• Main Stander
  • vivakuyt!
« Reply #2633 on: July 26, 2008, 04:43:56 pm »
Is it easyjung.com ?

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2634 on: July 26, 2008, 05:10:44 pm »
None of them have the grey shirt in yet.

Offline Jacketh

• Main Stander
  • Rafa, Rafael, Rafael Benitez
« Reply #2635 on: July 26, 2008, 05:23:38 pm »
do any have the goaly shirt ?
Forever LFC

Offline Scott-S-

• TOO YOUNG TO USE THE TICKET EXCHANGE
  • Legacy Fan
  • El Nino - Best Striker In The World!
« Reply #2636 on: July 26, 2008, 05:44:18 pm »
got spain away shirt
el nino 9 on the back ;D

Offline luco16

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2637 on: July 26, 2008, 09:40:12 pm »
got spain away shirt
el nino 9 on the back ;D

u bad geg ;D

Offline luco16

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2638 on: July 26, 2008, 09:41:53 pm »
None of them have the grey shirt in yet.

ive heard people mention that soccer triads have the grey shirt, dont know about what the URL is though

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: July 26, 2008, 10:14:25 pm »
ive heard people mention that soccer triads have the grey shirt, dont know about what the URL is though

Don't touch this one. People got it a while back, and from the images they showed, it's close, but it's not the same design as the official one.