Author Topic: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread  (Read 58427 times)

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #400 on: December 31, 2011, 10:49:17 am »
that is quality mate. Link?

Just had a look for you, seems the deals changed.
Best it's coming up with now is 300 mins, 300 texts, 500mb internet and £7.99 for the handset, 18 month contract.

If it's not for you keep checking mate as they seem to change all the time.

When you click the link it takes you to Uswitch comparison site click the bit that's just above the first deal that says contact it should then sort them so the 18 month contracts are at the top.

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals/samsung_galaxy_s2/#products=sort%3Dcontract

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:53:05 am by Tomo! »
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: December 31, 2011, 01:22:28 pm »
Just got this. Boss phone!

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: December 31, 2011, 01:23:05 pm »
Just had a look for you, seems the deals changed.
Best it's coming up with now is 300 mins, 300 texts, 500mb internet and £7.99 for the handset, 18 month contract.

If it's not for you keep checking mate as they seem to change all the time.

When you click the link it takes you to Uswitch comparison site click the bit that's just above the first deal that says contact it should then sort them so the 18 month contracts are at the top.

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals/samsung_galaxy_s2/#products=sort%3Dcontract

Yeah no worries mate. Im paying 30 a month for 24 months. not really ideal but im not too bothered.

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: December 31, 2011, 02:40:23 pm »
Yeah no worries mate. Im paying 30 a month for 24 months. not really ideal but im not too bothered.

No problem mate, if your after a case got myself one of these after seeing a mates at work.

It looks spot on and it's really light and thin. Also comes with a quality screen protector.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00571JFAS
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #404 on: December 31, 2011, 06:57:27 pm »
Screen protector not really needed with the S2 - It's made of 'Gorilla Glass'
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: January 1, 2012, 02:23:33 am »
Anybody know where you can get good quality wallpapers for this? Tried a few of my LFC ones but they look a bit naf.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: January 1, 2012, 10:55:24 am »
Install zedge from marketplace
STFU and agree with me.

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #407 on: January 1, 2012, 01:16:38 pm »
Does anyone know if you can get the clock to display on the lock screen for a pin entry?
It's there fore the pattern unlock, but I don't want a pattern.
Anyone know of a way?
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: January 2, 2012, 12:19:47 am »
I can't sem to get my Wifi hotspot working -sets up ok and i can connect the laptop to the S2 network but my 3g connection just seems to die with nothing going up or down. I'm on Orange.

Anybody got any ideas?

This is what is happening to me and Im on Orange. Did you sort it?

When I turn my WI-FI on i lose my GPRS or 3G or whatever.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2012, 12:29:40 am by GonzalezIsARed »

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #409 on: January 2, 2012, 01:02:07 am »
Anybody know where you can get good quality wallpapers for this? Tried a few of my LFC ones but they look a bit naf.

http://wallbase.net

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 2, 2012, 01:06:55 am »

This is what is happening to me and Im on Orange. Did you sort it?

When I turn my WI-FI on i lose my GPRS or 3G or whatever.

i had this problem only way i could solve this was to take the passkey off my wireless and leave it as a open network as soon as i had a pass key set it would fail to connect

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 2, 2012, 05:14:30 pm »
I'm looking to buy one of these and have found 2 pretty good deals.

One is T mobile 24 months at 25.54 pounds with 600 minutes + 500 texts and 500 mb. You also get 4 months free so it comes to around 21 quid a month. (buymobilephones.net)

The other is Orange for 24 months at 26 pounds with 200 minutes + unlimited texts and 750 mb. This one has 5 months free so yet again it comes to around 21 quid a month. (Dialaphone.co.uk)

The orange deal suits me better as I text far more than I call and has a higher internet data plan but the dialaphone site has got some pretty poor reviews while the bumobilephones.net seems pretty reputable. I dont know whether to risk it with dialaphone or just play it safe with buymobiles.

Anyone had any experience with these websites and anyone seen any better deals?

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #412 on: January 2, 2012, 06:33:04 pm »
Looks like we are getting close to a ICS release.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 3, 2012, 01:32:59 pm »
i had this problem only way i could solve this was to take the passkey off my wireless and leave it as a open network as soon as i had a pass key set it would fail to connect

Think ive found a fix.

Settings > Wireless and Network > Wi-Fi Settings > Settings (touch key to the left of the main button) > Advanced > Use Static IP - turn this off.

No idea why this is on as default, but that's what was forcing mine to continually disconnect. I also made the wi-fi sleep policy 'never'.

Its working for me so far, with Wi-Fi being on and I have an internet connection and mobile signal. Touch wood thats the end of that problem and it doesn't go off again.  :wave

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 3, 2012, 02:40:13 pm »
I'm looking to buy one of these and have found 2 pretty good deals.

One is T mobile 24 months at 25.54 pounds with 600 minutes + 500 texts and 500 mb. You also get 4 months free so it comes to around 21 quid a month. (buymobilephones.net)

The other is Orange for 24 months at 26 pounds with 200 minutes + unlimited texts and 750 mb. This one has 5 months free so yet again it comes to around 21 quid a month. (Dialaphone.co.uk)

The orange deal suits me better as I text far more than I call and has a higher internet data plan but the dialaphone site has got some pretty poor reviews while the bumobilephones.net seems pretty reputable. I dont know whether to risk it with dialaphone or just play it safe with buymobiles.

Anyone had any experience with these websites and anyone seen any better deals?
I ordered the phone yesterday but through Tesco. I had been searching and looking into deals for well over a month and was considering a deal thruogh either Dialaphone or buymobilephones (and other similar sites) but was put off by reading some of their customer feedback columns particularly dialaphone. Problem is it's only people who have had bad experiences who do post on those pages.

For me I needed more than 600 mins, that was priority, so got 750 mins unl texts 500 mb. £25 pm + £8 insurance. (o2)

Would of liked more data but can top that up if need be, would be nice to be able to watch liveonlinefooty without killing my data usage, im a bit clueless in that area so will see/learn.

Anyway good luck with your choice, I based my searches on O2 and Orange, then on how many minutes, then data, no cashback gimmicks etc... Tesco customer service is good too and of course in terms of cost too there wasn't anything better out there, case closed.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: January 3, 2012, 03:57:50 pm »
Lots of rumours about an S3:

We loved the Samsung Galaxy S2. A gorgeous screen, super-fast processor and awesome camera made it a great competitor to the iPhone. So news that its follow-up is on the way has us giddy with excitement.

Samsung will announce the S3 at Mobile World Congress in February, BGR reports. As well as some pretty awesome specs -- including a 720p screen, quad-core processor, Ice Cream Sandwich and all the rest -- it's also rumoured to have 3D, which will integrate it with enabled TVs.

Since the launch of the LG Optimus 3D, new 3D phones have been rather scarce -- but if a handset as eagerly anticipated as the S3 were to pack it, it could spark a resurgence in interest. Then again, there's a reason why 3D phones never really took off in the first place.

While the phone is an inevitability, the specs, reported by Korean website ETNews are yet to be officially confirmed -- although they sound pretty on the money. We really do like the idea of a 720p Super AMOLED Plus screen (similar to that seen on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, but a lot smaller, obviously), 2GB of RAM, and Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

What is certain is that expectations are high for the S3. The S2 scored a spectacular four-and-a-half out of five stars in our review, and sold 3 million units in just 55 days, so we've high hopes for the follow-up. Don't worry if you're not quite ready to upgrade yet though, as the S2 will get the update to Ice Cream Sandwich at the start of next year -- hopefully before March, if Samsung sticks to its schedule. So while you won't have 3D or that amazing new screen, you will have the same software on an already rather excellent handset.

Would you buy a 3D phone? Or is the S3 missing anything? Let us know below in the comments, or on our

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s3-here-february-with-3d-720p-screen-50006516/
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: January 3, 2012, 04:18:24 pm »
Think ive found a fix.

Settings > Wireless and Network > Wi-Fi Settings > Settings (touch key to the left of the main button) > Advanced > Use Static IP - turn this off.

No idea why this is on as default, but that's what was forcing mine to continually disconnect. I also made the wi-fi sleep policy 'never'.

Its working for me so far, with Wi-Fi being on and I have an internet connection and mobile signal. Touch wood thats the end of that problem and it doesn't go off again.  :wave

kind of worked i had to enter my router ip and its now connected  :wave

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #417 on: January 3, 2012, 04:18:42 pm »
Those specs just sound ridiculous for a phone. Quad core and 2GB ram? 3D as well which is a huge gimmick for a phone let alone TVs.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: January 4, 2012, 12:35:56 pm »
3D on phones is just ridiculous. As I understand it, two cameras on the back of the phone take slightly overlapping photos which, when viewed on a 3DTV or whatever, appear 3D.

Thanks, but no thanks. Gimmicky shite.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #419 on: January 4, 2012, 12:53:15 pm »
anyone has "unable to sync" appearing a lot of time?
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #420 on: January 8, 2012, 08:54:32 am »

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: January 10, 2012, 03:09:32 pm »
Love the phone but last few days its just been restarting itself, anybody have the same problems?

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2012, 01:35:43 pm »
Can't say that I have.

What version of the software are you using?

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2012, 02:18:56 pm »
Looking at some of the deals at the moment, it appears I got quite a good one back in August.

24 month contract, 300 minutes, unlimited texts,  £21 per month, plus I pay £10 per month for a 1gb internet bolt on (though not sure why I upgraded to that from the included 500mb, so far this month I've used 41mb and only runs until the 18th, not using nearly as much as I'm paying for.

Love the phone still, usually bored of them by now. Just waiting now for ICS to be released for it.

One downside, and the reason I still keep the iphone 3gs as a second phone, is that I can't use it with my car radio. The iPhone plugs in via usb, and I can control it via the radio or the steering wheel controls. However, if I plug the galaxy s2 in it says its an invalid device. Obviously not the phones fault, the radio was built for the iphone/ipod, just irritating.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2012, 08:43:46 pm »
I love this phone, but I am finding the movements on screen are a little stuttering, and not its normal slick self. Any ideas? Is there too much on the phone, something taking up the cpu? Tia

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2012, 09:01:55 pm »
Only issue i have (apart from that annoying red star pop up) is when it's locked sometimes when i enter my patern it thinks i've let go and doesn't complete the shape. Thought it was the screen protector getting in the way but even after taking it off it does it
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2012, 05:31:41 pm »
I love this phone, but I am finding the movements on screen are a little stuttering, and not its normal slick self. Any ideas? Is there too much on the phone, something taking up the cpu? Tia
The phone has been fine today, I think a reboot did wonders; a la Windows. :-) I have also downloaded a cpu usage widget and its running at a fraction of what it yesterday when I originally posted. Had to use a colleagues iPhone today; its like a brick in comparison to the S2!

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #427 on: January 15, 2012, 10:10:52 am »
Only issue i have (apart from that annoying red star pop up) is when it's locked sometimes when i enter my patern it thinks i've let go and doesn't complete the shape. Thought it was the screen protector getting in the way but even after taking it off it does it
Have you tried air push from the market? that should shift the star.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2012, 06:52:00 pm »
Got mine yesterday and the back button (button on the right of the menu button) stops working for a while and then starts working again. Tried some online fixes but they haven't worked. I will probably exchange it as it is faulty but has anyone else experienced this problem?

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2012, 08:51:13 pm »
does anyone find this phone cheap to the feel for a top end handset ?

I had a look at it but couldnt help notice how the little weight and plastic back made it feel cheaply put together and as the contracts are getting longer I wonder if the phone will last the contract length

any thoughts

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 15, 2012, 09:23:50 pm »

I had a look at it but couldnt help notice how the little weight and plastic back made it feel cheaply put together and as the contracts are getting longer I wonder if the phone will last the contract length

any thoughts

one of these sorts that out.

They made it out of light weight materials, considering the size of the thing it's not surprising.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #431 on: January 15, 2012, 09:28:14 pm »

one of these sorts that out.

They made it out of light weight materials, considering the size of the thing it's not surprising.

looks good - does it cover the screen or does it have the gorilla screen ?

Offline Tomo!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: January 15, 2012, 09:58:05 pm »
It's got a gorilla screen but this case also comes with a screen protector.

Don't know if gorilla glass is totally scratch proof so I stuck it in just in case.

It's a proper quality one you can't even tell it's on there, the case itself makes the phone feel a lot more solid without making it bulky or heavy.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #433 on: January 15, 2012, 10:28:55 pm »

any thoughts

Exactly what I thought whenbi first got the phone after my Desire. Always have a casebook the back, so don't notice that, and now I'm always impressed by how light the phone is. Simply a great great phone!

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #434 on: January 15, 2012, 10:38:26 pm »

http://www.sgpstore.com/index.php/cell-phone/samsung/galaxy-s2/sgp-samsung-galaxy-s2-case-ultra-thin-air-series.html

I like the look of this feller that covers the back. the back and sides are the parts of the phone i hate most

I had a play with it last week and liked the phone just not the feel

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 16, 2012, 04:31:36 am »
It's got a gorilla screen but this case also comes with a screen protector.

Don't know if gorilla glass is totally scratch proof so I stuck it in just in case.

It's a proper quality one you can't even tell it's on there, the case itself makes the phone feel a lot more solid without making it bulky or heavy.

Good decision mate. Common misconception that Gorilla glass cannot be scratched. It is scratch-resistant not scratch-proof, nothing is scratch-proof. And, when the thing is so damn costly, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #436 on: January 19, 2012, 09:07:27 pm »
anyone using this tell me how the music player works

as in can you load cd's into a programme such as itunes where i can get all the album artwork and then swap to the handset with all artwork etc ? if so what programme ?

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #437 on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:00 pm »
Have you tried air push from the market? that should shift the star.

Yeah, although apparetnly loads of legit apps are using ads now and the ones that it alerts about I use so I can live with it i guess

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 23, 2012, 07:18:41 pm »
see lately my phone has been slow as charlie adam

if i want to go through my pics its takes about 5 mins in loading them any cures ?

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: January 25, 2012, 08:00:57 am »
anyone using this tell me how the music player works

as in can you load cd's into a programme such as itunes where i can get all the album artwork and then swap to the handset with all artwork etc ? if so what programme ?

Google music is what I use.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus