Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 915169 times)

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #43840 on: March 10, 2017, 11:58:20 PM »
Good signing by the Packers

Online Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #43841 on: March 11, 2017, 12:12:47 AM »
Marty Bennett to the Packers is done.  Aaron Rodgers will love having a TE who can actually catch the ball

Cook actually did fine last year when healthy, but Bennett is an upgrade so happy about that. Very unlike TT to venture into free agency this early. Still would've liked to have seen some kind of outside free agent signing at cornerback or pass rusher, but there's still some mid-level guys left.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
  • "They sentenced me to 20 years of boredom..."
« Reply #43842 on: March 11, 2017, 12:13:56 AM »
The Chicago Bears are expected to release quarterback Jay Cutler after eight seasons with the franchise.

Dunno about you, but when i play Madden  franchise mode I am brutal. The players just have to go if they cost too much and don't perform to their dollar value.  Cutler may be the best example of that ever. Well apart from various,  many Al Davis projects  (loved the guy).
"Nobody knows anything..." William Goldman.

“I’m more humble than you can understand” Donald Drumpf.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
« Reply #43843 on: March 11, 2017, 12:15:19 AM »
Osweiler to the Browns plus a second round draft pick !!!  :o
Joking?

Ffs both idiots.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
« Reply #43844 on: March 11, 2017, 12:19:26 AM »
With the 1st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots select Myles Garrett, Defensive End, Texas A & M.

Just imagine the fume in here  :lmao
I'd totally fume, the franchise built on the worst cheat of all time, continually allowed to do what they want.  By idiots.

Having said that - well played New England Trumpiots. We'd all do it.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43845 on: March 11, 2017, 01:00:39 AM »
@diannaESPN

TRADE! The Patriots have traded their #32 & 3rd #103 pick to the Saints for wide receiver Brandin Cooks & their 4th #118 pick per sources

Wow. The Pats are going to be loaded for pass catchers
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
« Reply #43846 on: March 11, 2017, 01:38:46 AM »
hopefully thats the end of the talk about trading Malcolm Butler

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43847 on: March 11, 2017, 08:42:49 AM »
What a great off season so far for the Super Bowl Champions!  ;D

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43848 on: March 11, 2017, 10:12:30 AM »

Things are finally looking up, its been a long, barren month since that 5th Super Bowl.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #43849 on: March 12, 2017, 08:33:46 PM »
Detroit replace Warford and Reiff with Lang and Wagner for less money. Should be a pretty significant upgrade and weakens the Packers a little.

The NFC North is my favourite division in football, I'm really hoping it blows up this year and is just fucking nuts again.

Online Lfsea

• Half a grand
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #43850 on: March 13, 2017, 08:43:24 PM »
Adrian Peterson met with the Seahawks today apparently. After the Seahawks saying they weren't going to meet up with him :D

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Believer
« Reply #43851 on: March 13, 2017, 10:03:36 PM »
Adrian Peterson met with the Seahawks today apparently. After the Seahawks saying they weren't going to meet up with him :D

A cheap-ish deal that only guarantees one year might be a decent idea. Makes sense to go for him rather than someone like Charles, as Prosise could develop into a very good 3rd down back/receiver off the backfield. Still, it's not going to matter until they overall the OLine, and they haven't done anything in FA to address the mess there apart from signing Joeckel from the Jags despite plenty of talent being available, especially at the guard spots. They apparently met with TJ Lang, but he ended up signing with the Lions.

September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43852 on: March 13, 2017, 10:20:08 PM »
How bad was that top 10 overall in the 2013 draft??  :o

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43853 on: March 13, 2017, 10:22:22 PM »
DeMarcus Ware has announced his retirement from the National Football League.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #43854 on: March 13, 2017, 11:23:47 PM »
How bad was that top 10 overall in the 2013 draft??  :o

Meanwhile Le'veon Bell goes in the 2nd round and Jordan Reed and Tyrann Mathieu go in the 3rd.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #43855 on: March 13, 2017, 11:25:36 PM »
Meanwhile Le'veon Bell goes in the 2nd round and Jordan Reed and Tyrann Mathieu go in the 3rd.

You can do that with every draft though.

Online mc_red22

• Believer
« Reply #43856 on: March 14, 2017, 12:51:36 AM »
So glad we wrapped up a deal for Brandon Williams after first fearing that we'd lose all 3 of Juszczyk, Wagner & Williams to free agency.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43857 on: March 14, 2017, 07:20:21 AM »
You can do that with every draft though.
True mate but that top 10 in 2013, save for Ezekiel Ansah, is the worst in recent memory.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #43858 on: March 14, 2017, 10:18:52 AM »
Compare it to the first half of the 2011 draft! Incidentally the Raiders traded their first round draft pick to the Patriots that year  :butt Pats picked up Nate Solder with that pick.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43859 on: March 15, 2017, 06:50:29 PM »
Donta Hightower back with the Pats. $43m 4 years/ $19m guaranteed.  Boy the Pats are just loaded already for 2017.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43860 on: March 15, 2017, 07:29:08 PM »
The Super Bowl champion New England Patriots need to resign LB Dont'a Hightower.
:wellin

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
« Reply #43861 on: March 15, 2017, 07:33:49 PM »
hallelujah,  now please dont let Butler go

Online LFC_1981

• Kopite
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #43862 on: March 16, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »
Happy with what the Dolphins have done so far, just need to sort Landry out and have a solid draft.

Offline Statto Red

• Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43863 on: March 17, 2017, 04:01:19 PM »
Vikings GM has said Adrian Peterson won't be back with the team next season.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Believer
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #43864 on: March 17, 2017, 04:09:42 PM »
Fat Eddie joining the Seahawks could be a good watch if he has a fit season.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Believer
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #43865 on: March 17, 2017, 10:09:17 PM »

This remains to be seen in my opinion as Cooks is the only serious upgrade. If as expected they loose Butler then Gilmore is a like for like addition. With their contract situation's they obviously had to bring in a number of personnel to fill in the gaps of those players they were losing but I certainly wouldn't frame their off season as a success just yet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:35:25 PM by sidneyroughdiamond »
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
« Reply #43866 on: March 17, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »
This remains to be seen in my opinion as Cooks is the only serious upgrade. If as expected they loose Butler then Gilmore is a like for like addition. With their contract situation's they obviously had to bring in a number of personnel to fill in the gaps of those players they were losing but I certainly wouldn't frame their off season as a success just yet.

They resigned the most important player in their defense, amongst other acquisitions, they signed a younger TE than what they had last year, they've improved in every possible aspect.

Butler or no Butler, they [we] have a better team now than we did last year.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Believer
« Reply #43867 on: March 18, 2017, 12:32:10 AM »
They resigned the most important player in their defense, amongst other acquisitions, they signed a younger TE than what they had last year, they've improved in every possible aspect.

Butler or no Butler, they [we] have a better team now than we did last year.

A very good offseason for them, if they keep Butler. Losing Ryan should be manageable. Resigning Hightower was huge obviously, but considering Allen as an upgrade over Bennett at the TE spot is a bit laughable, frankly. I like the Cooks deal and especially the Ealy one. He's a clear upgrade over Sheard, plus he's younger and cheaper (at least for the next couple of years).

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
« Reply #43868 on: March 18, 2017, 01:48:24 AM »
A very good offseason for them, if they keep Butler. Losing Ryan should be manageable. Resigning Hightower was huge obviously, but considering Allen as an upgrade over Bennett at the TE spot is a bit laughable, frankly. I like the Cooks deal and especially the Ealy one. He's a clear upgrade over Sheard, plus he's younger and cheaper (at least for the next couple of years).

Brady has made it work with worse players than Allen. They also signed Lawrence Guy from Baltimore. I have no doubt in the Patriots, even if they didn't sign anyone they would be a contender

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Believer
  • I am not!
« Reply #43869 on: March 18, 2017, 07:08:00 AM »
See the four posts above  ;D

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
« Reply #43870 on: March 18, 2017, 01:03:47 PM »
See the four posts above  ;D

If Bill signed you for any position on the field, I wouldn't question him.

;D

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Believer
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #43871 on: March 18, 2017, 04:07:23 PM »
I stand to be corrected. I also wouldn't question Belichick's opinion on his free agency purchases but for every Rodney Harrison there is an Adalius Thomas. In my personal opinion I don't think we should be crowning them just yet.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline Zimagic

• Believer
  • Accolades are a consequence, not a goal.
« Reply #43872 on: March 20, 2017, 04:29:38 PM »
What's people's take on the NFC East so far this off season?

The Cowboys seem to be bleeding defensive starters and the O line depth took a hit so a promising season has developped into half a squad of starters and some question marks.

The eagles look like they are treading water and the Giants looks to be consolodating (which means good D & the most boring O ever despite having ODB)

The Redskins are imploding as an organisation. Crazy!
A born again hooligan only to be king again.
"I'm not in job of having evidence" - Kellyanne Conway.

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #43873 on: March 20, 2017, 06:07:01 PM »
I stand to be corrected. I also wouldn't question Belichick's opinion on his free agency purchases but for every Rodney Harrison there is an Adalius Thomas. In my personal opinion I don't think we should be crowning them just yet.

Pats always seem to be at their best when they're up against it.

Online Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Believer
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 18 & 5
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #43874 on: March 20, 2017, 10:47:04 PM »
I'm sure everyone in this thread will be relived to know Tom Bradys jerseys from SB 49 and 51 have been recovered

Rest in Peace Samee

YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Believer
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43875 on: March 21, 2017, 12:30:15 AM »
Proposed changes to Overtime regulations are being considered that could see regular season OT period reduced to 10 minutes, it'll still be 15 minutes in the playoffs, but the unsatisfactory OT rule that the game ends when the team scores a TD even if the other team hasn't had a possession isn't being considered. :butt

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #43876 on: March 22, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »
Just got a ticket for the NFL fan forum event April 11th in New Brighton. They're only doing 4 locations in the UK and the Floral Pavilion is one of them. Ticket was only £7 too.

http://www.nfluk.com/news/specialfeatures/article-1/NFL-UK-Live-tickets-on-sale-now/d6ca5e1f-c57c-42a7-a8e8-585cc20d71f4

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #43877 on: March 22, 2017, 11:22:28 AM »
What's people's take on the NFC East so far this off season?

The Cowboys seem to be bleeding defensive starters and the O line depth took a hit so a promising season has developped into half a squad of starters and some question marks.

The eagles look like they are treading water and the Giants looks to be consolodating (which means good D & the most boring O ever despite having ODB)

The Redskins are imploding as an organisation. Crazy!

The problem for the Giants is that it was a weak Free Agency market for offensive line help and not a particularly strong draft for LT candidates either.

How our season will go will probably depend on whether the OL can be slightly less awful and Eli can bounce back from a pretty poor year (although no doubt the poor OL play had something to do with that). Its a strong draft class at TE so we may well at least get some help there.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Believer
« Reply #43878 on: March 27, 2017, 07:37:43 PM »
The NFL owners voted in favour of the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. Since there isn't a stadium in the Vegas area capable of hosting an NFL franchise, the Raiders will most likely play in Oakland for two more years before moving while the stadium gets built.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
« Reply #43879 on: March 27, 2017, 07:45:55 PM »
The NFL owners voted in favour of the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. Since there isn't a stadium in the Vegas area capable of hosting an NFL franchise, the Raiders will most likely play in Oakland for two more years before moving while the stadium gets built.

Mixed emotions about this. The city won't put up anymore money, but why should they and taxpayers fund a rich guys plaything? Davis really needs to sell up, but like his dad he's all about retaining the family business.

It's a great shame for the Oakland fans to go through this again, and I an concerned about the fanbase going forward despite the teams country wide support. And Vegas...ugh.