Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2748089 times)

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #43560 on: February 6, 2017, 03:29:02 pm »
The Pats have benefited from senseless play-calling by the opposition in this Super Bowl and the one 2 years ago. The Seattle decision at the goal line is arguably the most idiotic call in NFL history with so much on the line. Yesterday we saw a team decide to throw the ball on second down for some reason when a short FG attempt (if made) wins them a Super Bowl. Mind boggling.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43561 on: February 6, 2017, 03:42:14 pm »
The Pats have benefited from senseless play-calling by the opposition in this Super Bowl and the one 2 years ago. The Seattle decision at the goal line is arguably the most idiotic call in NFL history with so much on the line. Yesterday we saw a team decide to throw the ball on second down for some reason when a short FG attempt (if made) wins them a Super Bowl. Mind boggling.

You take what you get, you adjust, you win. Considering what happened against the Giants twice in the two superbowls, ill take this every single time.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43562 on: February 6, 2017, 03:44:14 pm »
Just watched the Divisional and Championship games so onto a re-run of the Super Bowl  ;D

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43563 on: February 6, 2017, 03:47:04 pm »
I went berserk after that play, fuming, thought they lost their senses just trying to be too clever, just run the ball in, I wouldn't mind but if Wilson had glanced to his left he would have seen Marshawn Lynch standing alone at the back of end zone completely unmarked
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43564 on: February 6, 2017, 03:56:22 pm »
all those flags on NEP failed 3rd downs too certainly wouldn't have helped
cyas

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43565 on: February 6, 2017, 04:06:34 pm »
Do you mean at the start of OT?  Pats won the toss and elected to receive.

Stat I read this morning was that the Falcons offense only ran 46 plays - the lowest team total in a SB for over 40 years. Pats ran 93 - and the Atlanta defense, especially their up-to-then brilliant front 4 - were totally gassed.

Well the person I was talking to about the game this morning is talking shit then. He told me they opted to kick.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43566 on: February 6, 2017, 04:14:01 pm »
Well the person I was talking to about the game this morning is talking shit then. He told me they opted to kick.
Atlanta won the coin toss at the beginning of the game and elected to kick off.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43567 on: February 6, 2017, 04:16:48 pm »
Yeah same as out football really, NE won the Toss,they could have made Atlanta take the ball first,they chose rightly to have the ball first,Atlanta then chose which end they would face.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #43568 on: February 6, 2017, 04:19:54 pm »
Happyiest. Hangover. Ever

YNWA

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #43569 on: February 6, 2017, 04:47:11 pm »

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43570 on: February 6, 2017, 04:55:17 pm »
Reckon this Deion Jones could be a more explosive linebacker than Luke Keuchley next year.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43571 on: February 6, 2017, 05:05:45 pm »
Reckon this Deion Jones could be a more explosive linebacker than Luke Keuchley next year.

Robert Mays had him as his sneaky MVP before the game. He's really good.

Mad stats: That was Brady's first Pick 6 in a playoff game, ever.
No team has ever conceded a pick 6 in a SB and still won.

Great pictures of the crazy Edelman catch on the MMQB Here 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43572 on: February 6, 2017, 05:06:31 pm »

Hadn't seen much of him before this playoffs run, but I have to say I was really impressed with him in the last couple of games. Very fast, rangy in coverage and showed good instincts against the running game too. He sank with the rest of the ship in the 4th and in OT, but no defence can contain Brady for 90+plays in a game, Falcons defence were just gassed at the end.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43573 on: February 6, 2017, 05:18:54 pm »
Hadn't seen much of him before this playoffs run, but I have to say I was really impressed with him in the last couple of games. Very fast, rangy in coverage and showed good instincts against the running game too. He sank with the rest of the ship in the 4th and in OT, but no defence can contain Brady for 90+plays in a game, Falcons defence were just gassed at the end.
I watched a fair bit of him when he was at LSU in college but even a year ago when he declared for the draft he looked a little raw to me, but he has potential to be the best in the game from what I saw of the Falcons last few regular season games and in their playoff run.

Looks a better prospect than Ryan Shazier at Pittsburgh in my opinion.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #43574 on: February 6, 2017, 05:46:22 pm »
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #43576 on: February 6, 2017, 06:16:54 pm »
YES Come on you PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staying up to watch it and going to work the next morning was totally worth it!

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43577 on: February 6, 2017, 07:00:52 pm »
Was one of those nights where its a privilege to watch a certain sporting event live. when you stay up till half 3 watching a superbowl i always say you want value fir your money in the form of a massive moment. Whether its manningham, butler, holmes, tyree. That edelman catch is up there. Brilliant
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43578 on: February 6, 2017, 07:03:33 pm »
Was one of those nights where its a privilege to watch a certain sporting event live. when you stay up till half 3 watching a superbowl i always say you want value fir your money in the form of a massive moment. Whether its manningham, butler, holmes, tyree. That edelman catch is up there. Brilliant
Don't forget the Chris Matthews catch back in 2015  ;D

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #43579 on: February 6, 2017, 07:03:51 pm »
Some excellent wild card games next week. Here is my predicted play-off prediction!

Wild card:-

Oakland vs Houston (winners Houston)
Miami vs Pittsburgh (winners Pittsburgh)
NY Giants vs Green Bay (winners Green Bay)
Detroit vs Seattle (winners Seattle)

Divisional:-

Pittsburgh vs Kansas (winners Pittsburgh)
Houston vs New England (winners New England)
Seattle vs Atlanta (winners Atlanta)
Green Bay vs Dallas (winners Green Bay)

Conference game:-

Pittsburgh vs New England (winners New England)
Green Bay vs Atlanta (winners Atlanta)

Super Bowl:-

New England vs Atlanta (winners New England)

I Thank You

:o

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43580 on: February 6, 2017, 07:08:00 pm »
I Thank You

Very impressive Anfield Ed  :wellin

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #43581 on: February 6, 2017, 07:13:52 pm »
Very impressive Anfield Ed  :wellin

I hope you had money on it!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43582 on: February 6, 2017, 07:39:59 pm »
Some excellent wild card games next week. Here is my predicted play-off prediction!

Wild card:-

Oakland vs Houston (winners Houston)
Miami vs Pittsburgh (winners Pittsburgh)
NY Giants vs Green Bay (winners Green Bay)
Detroit vs Seattle (winners Seattle)

Divisional:-

Pittsburgh vs Kansas (winners Pittsburgh)
Houston vs New England (winners New England)
Seattle vs Atlanta (winners Atlanta)
Green Bay vs Dallas (winners Green Bay)

Conference game:-

Pittsburgh vs New England (winners New England)
Green Bay vs Atlanta (winners Atlanta)

Super Bowl:-

New England vs Atlanta (winners New England)

wow, amazing stuff here. now, did you know pats will be down by 25 and still win it ;D

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43583 on: February 6, 2017, 07:41:32 pm »
I Thank You

That is beyond impressive!!

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #43584 on: February 6, 2017, 08:08:53 pm »
No matter what Liverpool do from now on until the end of May, the Choke of the Season award goes to Atlanta. Unbelievable.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Online Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43585 on: February 6, 2017, 08:53:09 pm »
Just watched it. Managed to avoid hearing the result all day at work. I'll just say this: what a game. It was sports at its best. Not even gonna blame Atlanta for chocking it. Would rather just savor what I just witnessed.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43586 on: February 6, 2017, 08:57:09 pm »
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43587 on: February 6, 2017, 09:40:19 pm »
What a mental last year it has been in US Sports. Cavs come back trailing 1-3. Cubs come back trailing 1-3. And then the Pats last night.

Online Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43588 on: February 6, 2017, 09:49:57 pm »
What a mental last year it has been in US Sports. Cavs come back trailing 1-3. Cubs come back trailing 1-3. And then the Pats last night.

True. It's been a great advert year for US Sports league. Personally think they know how to do sports the best in the world (especially if you'd take out the adverts!).
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 09:51:55 pm by Midget »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43589 on: February 6, 2017, 11:25:39 pm »
I Thank You

I hope you made a bet mate  :o

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #43590 on: February 6, 2017, 11:47:30 pm »
Epic comeback. Houstonbul.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #43591 on: February 7, 2017, 01:47:47 am »
Re-Reading this thread is so sweet.

So much hatred for the Pats, and unbridled joy in their demise aww. Beautiful.

Any Rawkites going to the duck boat Parade tomorrow, Enjoy and take it in

:champ
YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43592 on: February 7, 2017, 12:42:17 pm »
ESPN predicts Colts-Vikings super bowl final next year, now wtf are they smoking there?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43593 on: February 7, 2017, 02:32:25 pm »
ESPN predicts Colts-Vikings super bowl final next year, now wtf are they smoking there?

Nothing legal that's for sure.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43594 on: February 7, 2017, 02:38:58 pm »
Not a chance that happens, for me it's going to be a Patritos/Raiders vs Falcons/Cowboys Super Bowl.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43595 on: February 7, 2017, 03:32:13 pm »
The Super Bowl next year will be the New England Patriots v another  ;D

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43596 on: February 7, 2017, 03:39:31 pm »
Are we sure Brady is not retiring? Age 39 and surely he couldn't leave on a higher note than that. It was his "Jordan in Slat Lake" moment and cemented his status as greatest QB of all time.

It'll be a tricky decision for the Pats over the offseason whether to trade Garoppolo or keep him for the post-Brady era, especially if someone offers them a good first rounder for him in the next draft.
As for that ESPN prediction, it's clearly ludicrous. My dark horse for the AFC would be the Texans if they manage to get Romo, if not it's Pats or Raiders, provided they seriously strengthen on the defensive side of the ball.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #43597 on: February 7, 2017, 03:47:35 pm »
Why would Brady retire? He's still getting it done and still winning. He's not like Manning last year who'd broken down completely

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #43598 on: February 7, 2017, 04:10:13 pm »
Why would Brady retire? He's still getting it done and still winning. He's not like Manning last year who'd broken down completely

Yeah, Brady isn't playing like a near 40 year old. As you say, Manning was beyond fucked last season and looked like he could barely walk. In comparison, Brady looks like a 25 year old out there.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43599 on: February 7, 2017, 04:35:46 pm »
Are we sure Brady is not retiring? Age 39 and surely he couldn't leave on a higher note than that. It was his "Jordan in Slat Lake" moment and cemented his status as greatest QB of all time.

It'll be a tricky decision for the Pats over the offseason whether to trade Garoppolo or keep him for the post-Brady era, especially if someone offers them a good first rounder for him in the next draft.
As for that ESPN prediction, it's clearly ludicrous. My dark horse for the AFC would be the Texans if they manage to get Romo, if not it's Pats or Raiders, provided they seriously strengthen on the defensive side of the ball.

Nah Brady isnt retiring. He already said it himself yestrrday, he has the desire and the drive and wants to play for another 3, 4 years, he takea care of his body with the diet he's on, he's still accurate. It aint happening.

Romo will only get Houston far if he gets a new body, the last 3 hits hes taken hes been sidelined each time