Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4155998 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #50440 on: April 12, 2017, 06:53:14 pm »

Anyway, Loma vs. Mikey Garcia; make it happen please  ;D

Mate you're not a purist if you don't want Loma v Linares.  8) :P

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50441 on: April 12, 2017, 08:30:28 pm »
Natasha Jonas comes out of retirement in the hope of getting a big payday against Taylor and / or Adams.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/39571348

wasting her time

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50442 on: April 12, 2017, 11:19:15 pm »
Late to this, but Lomachenko.....  fuck me.  I've been watching the lad since his first Gold medal, and he still blows me away every time I see him.  An absolute artist.  His footwork is on another level to absolutely every one else out there.  In terms of movement he's as good as anyone I've ever seen.  Graham Houston, who's seen a fight or two in his time says he's one of two fighters* he's ever seen who could 'disappear' on an opponent, and that's a great way of putting it.

*The other was Pernell Whitaker, btw.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #50443 on: April 13, 2017, 08:12:10 am »
Mate you're not a purist if you don't want Loma v Linares.  8) :P
Another wonderful fight in prospect  8) Great that Loma wants to take on the whole damn world, I wish more elite fighters would follow suit. The great thing is, I could see Linares and Garcia taking the challenge and not ducking him.

I still want Loma to take care of business with Salido in a rematch but I doubt that will happen.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50444 on: April 15, 2017, 08:48:44 pm »
Cardle been very lucky in the last few fights, got what was coming

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50445 on: April 15, 2017, 11:12:57 pm »
5-0 indongo so far but ricky still in this

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50446 on: April 15, 2017, 11:23:14 pm »
After a whole week of non stop sky bigging Ricky Burns up, hes getting absolutely battered. I make it 9 rounds to nil to the unknown Namibian.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50447 on: April 15, 2017, 11:24:25 pm »
Ricky "punching bag" Burns

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50448 on: April 15, 2017, 11:39:28 pm »

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #50449 on: April 15, 2017, 11:42:40 pm »
116-112 :lmao :lmao

How?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50450 on: April 15, 2017, 11:46:04 pm »
Masterclass. Southpaw with movement is always gonna give dopey orthodox fighters nightmares

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50451 on: April 15, 2017, 11:48:48 pm »
Indongo wont be getting a visa to fight here any time soon, 'bloody foreigner',coming here and standing the home fighter on his head.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #50452 on: April 15, 2017, 11:51:09 pm »
Indongo wont be getting a visa to fight here any time soon, 'bloody foreigner',coming here and standing the home fighter on his head.

How do you think he'd fare against Crawford mate?

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #50453 on: April 15, 2017, 11:51:11 pm »
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50454 on: April 16, 2017, 12:00:02 am »
Burns got outclassed.

It was a cocky and foolish move to put Burns in with someone like that which the Burns camp knew nothing about.

Burns would of been better out going to Vegas and fighting Fake Floyd than taking this fight.

Foolish move.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:15:09 am by Fordy »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50455 on: April 16, 2017, 12:12:32 am »
Burns got outclassed.

It was a cocky and foolish more to but Burns in with someone like that which the Burns camp knew nothing about.

Burns would of been better out going to Vegas and fighting Fake Floyd than taking this fight.

Foolish move.

They thought he was a bum who got lucky. Ricky with 2 belts makes him a fcuk load of money against  broner or crawford

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50456 on: April 16, 2017, 12:15:14 am »

Crawford would deal with him pretty comfortably. He left a lot of gaps with his wild slings and Crawford has the know how and physical dimensions to make him pay.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50457 on: April 16, 2017, 12:17:19 am »
They thought he was a bum who got lucky. Ricky with 2 belts makes him a fcuk load of money against  broner or crawford

Wasn't the Broner fight on at the start of the year?

Either way Hearn did this when putting him in the ring against Crawford and Burns got schooled then.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50458 on: April 16, 2017, 12:17:54 am »

Crawford wins with ease.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50459 on: April 16, 2017, 06:59:13 am »

Wasn't the Broner fight on at the start of the year?

Either way Hearn did this when putting him in the ring against Crawford and Burns got schooled then.

He had no choice re Crawford. He was mandatory for WBO and whens you're mandatory with a big promoter you tend to get your shot with the WBO

Hearns has options on Indongo so you can bet he will be trying to secure the fight with Crawford for him to get paid. Ohara Davies offered to fight him but he will get smashed to bits. Way too small and inexperienced. Rematch defo aint gonna happen. We wont see Indongo around here again

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 07:03:05 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50460 on: April 16, 2017, 08:15:52 am »
He had no choice re Crawford. He was mandatory for WBO and whens you're mandatory with a big promoter you tend to get your shot with the WBO

Hearns has options on Indongo so you can bet he will be trying to secure the fight with Crawford for him to get paid. Ohara Davies offered to fight him but he will get smashed to bits. Way too small and inexperienced. Rematch defo aint gonna happen. We wont see Indongo around here again

Forgot Crawford was a mandatory.

It seems that Burns struggles against fighters that come at him. It's like he can't read shots coming at him. Never really rated Burns to be honest.

Should of gone for Broner fight though in Vagas.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50461 on: April 16, 2017, 08:30:08 am »
Indongo looked big at the weight.  Burns looked like a lightweight.

I thought burns was gunshy worried about what was coming back.

Burns couldn't close the gap and didn't want to take risks as he was worried about being countered.

Indongo looked all wrong for Burns last night.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50462 on: April 16, 2017, 08:57:02 am »
Indongo looked big at the weight.  Burns looked like a lightweight.

I thought burns was gunshy worried about what was coming back.

Burns couldn't close the gap and didn't want to take risks as he was worried about being countered.

Indongo looked all wrong for Burns last night.

Indongo was listed s being half inch taller with an inch longer reach. Clearly that is not the case.

Ricky settled for moral victory in the end there. You are a world champion and fighting at home in a unification. Go on and have a go. If you get stopped so what.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:00:05 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50463 on: April 16, 2017, 09:30:33 am »
Guess I am one of the few Burns fans on here then. He is the very definition of tough but limited yet through hard work and insane determination, he has achieved far more than was ever likely. Yeah, he was outclassed last night and has been a couple of times; so what? The guy backs himself and isn't afraid to lose. That said, he should consider winding down his career now.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50464 on: April 16, 2017, 09:35:58 am »
Guess I am one of the few Burns fans on here then. He is the very definition of tough but limited yet through hard work and insane determination, he has achieved far more than was ever likely. Yeah, he was outclassed last night and has been a couple of times; so what? The guy backs himself and isn't afraid to lose. That said, he should consider winding down his career now.

I'm a Burns fan. Hugely disapointed with him last night. i wanted him to get his cash out fight for all the marbles against Crawford. At the end he was just happy to preserve his 'never been stopped' record, thats what it felt like to me

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50465 on: April 16, 2017, 09:43:32 am »
I'm a Burns fan. Hugely disapointed with him last night. i wanted him to get his cash out fight for all the marbles against Crawford. At the end he was just happy to preserve his 'never been stopped' record, thats what it felt like to me
Maybe but I feel it was one of those nights where you know it isn't happening no matter what so it is better to take your medicine. Burns has little or no power so a Robert E Lee style all-out assault would almost certainly have resulted in disaster.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50466 on: April 16, 2017, 11:10:20 am »
Maybe but I feel it was one of those nights where you know it isn't happening no matter what so it is better to take your medicine. Burns has little or no power so a Robert E Lee style all-out assault would almost certainly have resulted in disaster.

Fair point. I like to see champions go out on shield. In many ways it was like klit v fury

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50467 on: April 16, 2017, 11:43:45 am »
Fair point. I like to see champions go out on shield. In many ways it was like klit v fury
As fight fans we always like to see an Arturo Gatti fall on my sword type display but it isn't always possible or even realistic.

Indongo didn't just have Burns' number, he had the keys to his house, let himself in, made himself a beef sandwich and had a beer before taking a dump in the toilet and didn't bother flushing!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:45:46 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50468 on: April 16, 2017, 12:06:27 pm »
As fight fans we always like to see an Arturo Gatti fall on my sword type display but it isn't always possible or even realistic.

Indongo didn't just have Burns' number, he had the keys to his house, let himself in, made himself a beef sandwich and had a beer before taking a dump in the toilet and didn't bother flushing!

:lmao

That's a pretty accurate way of describing what happened. You know its bad when the sky team have it as a whitewash

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50469 on: April 16, 2017, 12:14:04 pm »
:lmao

That's a pretty accurate way of describing what happened. You know its bad when the sky team have it as a whitewash
You can imagine they were desperately trying to squeeze in a Burns round somewhere but had no justification.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50470 on: April 17, 2017, 01:25:13 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PUvxz1PtoVo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PUvxz1PtoVo</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #50471 on: April 17, 2017, 05:15:42 pm »
HBO and Showtime have agreed to show AJ-Wlad. Only ever been done before twice

Tyson-Lewis
Floyd-Manny

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50472 on: April 17, 2017, 05:18:49 pm »
Thanks for the vid mate.

As for the HBO/Showtime collaboration it shows what they think of this fight. Will be huge for the blue ribbon division of boxing.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50473 on: April 17, 2017, 05:31:56 pm »
Are we going to have a line of security guards keeping them apart in the ring?;D

More importantly, does this mean Michael Buffer has to share announcing duties with the vastly inferior Jimmy Lennon Jr?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50474 on: April 17, 2017, 05:53:27 pm »

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50475 on: April 17, 2017, 06:15:35 pm »
Can't help but feel that it will be all a bit anti-climatic. I strongly suspect that Wlad is completely shot and wouldn't be surprised if he gets blitzed early doors. I hope I'm wrong and that he is able to establish his jab, get into the fight and be a real threat in the way he used to be.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50476 on: April 17, 2017, 06:29:33 pm »
Can't help but feel that it will be all a bit anti-climatic. I strongly suspect that Wlad is completely shot and wouldn't be surprised if he gets blitzed early doors. I hope I'm wrong and that he is able to establish his jab, get into the fight and be a real threat in the way he used to be.

Honestly the closer we get to the fight the more I think Wlad wins. AJ needs room to throw his shots so he wants to fight at the same range that Wlad does, and Wlad is one of the best of all time at it. Wlad will beat him to the jab every time and hits harder than anyone who's been in with Joshua so far.

Fury swarmed all over him and took his tried and tested game plan away from him. I'm not sure Joshua is capable of doing the same thing. Just think Fury is all wrong for Wlad and Joshua's style is right in his comfort zone.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50477 on: April 17, 2017, 06:34:45 pm »
Fight will be done in 3 rounds either way I reckon.If Vlad can land more than 3 jabs he will win

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50478 on: April 17, 2017, 06:44:32 pm »
Honestly the closer we get to the fight the more I think Wlad wins. AJ needs room to throw his shots so he wants to fight at the same range that Wlad does, and Wlad is one of the best of all time at it. Wlad will beat him to the jab every time and hits harder than anyone who's been in with Joshua so far.

Fury swarmed all over him and took his tried and tested game plan away from him. I'm not sure Joshua is capable of doing the same thing. Just think Fury is all wrong for Wlad and Joshua's style is right in his comfort zone.

Mate you're always like this convinced one guy will win but the sooner the fight get's close you bet on the other guy.  ;D

Put money on AJ to beat this Wlad. 

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50479 on: April 17, 2017, 07:23:21 pm »
Mate you're always like this convinced one guy will win but the sooner the fight get's close you bet on the other guy.  ;D

Put money on AJ to beat this Wlad. 

Yeah normally that's because I'm buying Eddie Hearn's snake oil ;D

A 50% shot version of Wlad is levels above anything Wlad has been in with though.