Author Topic: France England friendly - significant for the video reffing thing  (Read 8386 times)

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
Re: France England friendly - significant for the video reffing thing
« Reply #240 on: June 14, 2017, 01:10:28 am »
France have great talent but not really convinced by deschamps to be honest, think he could still fuck it up with this golden generation.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #241 on: June 14, 2017, 09:24:41 am »
I didn't give a toss how England got on, I started the thread because of the replay evidence. My first thought on it was they were crap at using it, but it did not hold up the game to any annoying degree for me. I think  the way to go will be, teams captain appeals a decision, ref looks to the bloke with the telly or however they communicate, then confirms or overturns the decision. Limit the amount of appeals, ref tells the captain when he is at his limit, start yellow carding fakers and divers more on the evidence. That last one improves the game for us in our league.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #242 on: June 14, 2017, 09:31:15 am »
I didn't give a toss how England got on, I started the thread because of the replay evidence. My first thought on it was they were crap at using it, but it did not hold up the game to any annoying degree for me. I think  the way to go will be, teams captain appeals a decision, ref looks to the bloke with the telly or however they communicate, then confirms or overturns the decision. Limit the amount of appeals, ref tells the captain when he is at his limit, start yellow carding fakers and divers more on the evidence. That last one improves the game for us in our league.

Totally agree with this but can't see it happening because I believe the FA want to have control of this.  So I'm not expecting the same treatment for every club as I see no other reason for what you suggest not to happen.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2017, 09:48:45 am »
I'm actually loving this video reffing, should've been put in place years ago

On a sidenote, lol @ England

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2017, 10:41:05 am »
They still call up Moussa Sissoko so yes he'd easily get in.
He wouldn't get in my squad but I'm not Deschamps

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: June 14, 2017, 10:51:44 am »
I'm actually loving this video reffing, should've been put in place years ago

On a sidenote, lol @ England

How come? There was one decision put to it and it turned a correct decision penalty and no card (could also have legitimately also been penalty and yellow card, or nothing because Kane's presence interfered with play) into an incorrect decision (red card) - two referees with videos, who had enough time to wikipedia the rules, still got it fundamentally wrong!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: June 14, 2017, 10:58:49 am »
The France-Spain friendly a few months ago showed video refereeing can work really well.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: June 14, 2017, 12:49:15 pm »
The France-Spain friendly a few months ago showed video refereeing can work really well.

I don't think it does, Cricket yes, quick games like Rugby League which football is, not so much.

Goal line technology is fantastic but I think that's as far as it should go. Last night showed the problem opening the technology out to other aspects of the game causes.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #248 on: June 14, 2017, 01:21:06 pm »
How come? There was one decision put to it and it turned a correct decision penalty and no card (could also have legitimately also been penalty and yellow card, or nothing because Kane's presence interfered with play) into an incorrect decision (red card) - two referees with videos, who had enough time to wikipedia the rules, still got it fundamentally wrong!

Wasn't sure how many referrals there were but if it was just the penalty/red card then it's not a big enough sample size to give up on it.

It's all down to the refs who are watching the replay. They can be poor too which doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trialing video referrals. It's all about improving the number or percentage of correct referee decisions in a match.

If it helps refs get the numbers up say 1% then it's worth it. The time factor is a red herring as many minutes are lost thanks to players pleading with the referee to change or reconsider his decision. This should stop eventually if video replay becomes tried and trusted as in many sports.

They will look fools for protesting innocence if the replay shows them guilty and if they are innocent there would be no point in complaining as the vid will confirm it.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!