Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1065164 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #2480 on: April 26, 2017, 09:39:24 pm »
Well compared to Mignolet hes not too bad 😂😂.

You a Liverpool fan? LOL. What a mad thing to say. Mignolet's a better goalie than Burki.

Agree Gerry - Sommer is really good.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2481 on: April 26, 2017, 09:40:55 pm »
Great result for Dortmund.

Looks like they have the perfect chance to save a pretty disappointing season with the cup.

And even winning the league will not stop this from being a disappointing season for Bayern Munich.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2482 on: April 26, 2017, 09:41:50 pm »
Might be 3 straight home games without winning for Bayern. That couldn't have happened often. April has been a bad month for them, for 4 straight years.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2483 on: April 26, 2017, 09:42:00 pm »
Brilliant game of football, well in Dortmund hope they go on and win the trophy now

Even though Bayern have won the league, Ancelotti might be on the hot seat because of the Champions League exit and now this defeat in the cup

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2484 on: April 26, 2017, 09:42:52 pm »
You a Liverpool fan? LOL. What a mad thing to say. Mignolet's a better goalie than Burki.

Agree Gerry - Sommer is really good.

Really? I think Karius can be better than both
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2485 on: April 26, 2017, 09:42:55 pm »
Yeah it is a disappointing season for both Bayern and Dortmund.

The former always view a season with just a league win as a failure, the latter should have done a lot better in the league but they can salvage something in the Pokal Cup.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2486 on: April 26, 2017, 09:44:04 pm »
Really? I think Karius can be better than both

yes he can. But Mignolet is better than Burki.

Dortmund should have got Karius last summer, he'd have been perfect for them.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2487 on: April 26, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »
That Hoffeinheim goalkeeper looks quite good whenever I've watched them play, he'd been an upgrade on Burki as well for Dortmund

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2488 on: April 26, 2017, 09:50:11 pm »
That Hoffeinheim goalkeeper looks quite good whenever I've watched them play, he'd been an upgrade on Burki as well for Dortmund

Yeah, Baumann, he's looked good the times I've seen 'em too. Führmann is good too, not that he'd go there :D but there are a lot of good goalies in the Bundesliga, Burki is a way down the list, defo an area they can improve in.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2489 on: April 26, 2017, 09:51:19 pm »
Gotta put Timo Horn in the that conversation as well.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2490 on: April 26, 2017, 10:00:42 pm »
Sommer is the one I'd go for but there is a number of good goalies in the Bundesliga that could probably be purchased for a reasonable fee.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #2491 on: April 26, 2017, 10:10:40 pm »
Cracking tie in Munich tonight!
Derek Rae is a good commentator but I do get the feeling he's desperate to show off how he can pronounce names at every opportunity. The way he says Schmelzer is particularly amusing  ;D
:D yeah! He loves to overenunciate names. I do like him though, easily my favourite commentator (I concede there is not a high level for that in footy),  and I do love how he throws in a few good facts into a game without spoiling the commentary.
Haha he's becoming a bit irritating for me is Derek Schwarzgelben Rae. If I hear the phrase about "Christian PU-LI-SIC and the preferred family pronunciation of the Hershey, Pennsylvania native" one more time...

;D
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2492 on: April 26, 2017, 10:14:49 pm »
He's already one of the best players in the Bundesliga. He's going to win a Ballon D'Or, I'm sure of it.

Imagine when Messi and Ronaldo retire and someone else gets to win that award every other year once again ;D

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2493 on: April 27, 2017, 12:20:20 pm »
Brandt is a good player but in all the times I've watched him, he hasn't really stood out like Dembele has. Is there a concern there's  too much pressure on him reaching that 'next level' with Germany and a top club should he move on?

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2494 on: April 27, 2017, 01:20:29 pm »
The criticism of Ancelotti is a bit harsh. If Lewandowski and Robben had been anything like their normal selves last night, Bayern would have scored five before the Dortmund fightback even began.

Bayern were by far the better team in the first leg against Madrid until the Ladyboy managed to buy a couple of cheap yellows. Martinez’s stupidity and Vidal’s penalty miss aren’t on the manager. And Casemiro should have been sent off on at least three separate occasions in the return game. That isn’t on the coach either.

Having said all that, the timing and nature of Ancelotti’s substitutions have sometimes been bewildering in recent weeks. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2495 on: April 27, 2017, 09:37:59 pm »
Brandt is a good player but in all the times I've watched him, he hasn't really stood out like Dembele has. Is there a concern there's  too much pressure on him reaching that 'next level' with Germany and a top club should he move on?

Not sure about concern regards Germany, but my concern IF he ever went to Liverpool would be that people will expect this really skillful elite talent, and they'll be very underwhelmed.

I like Brandt a lot of what I've seen of him, technically good player who works hard and is comfortable across the front line, not afraid to try things and certainly does have good talent. But he's nowhere near the stand out talent of someone like Dembele obviously, its not even close. And he doesnt have the explosive pace of someone like Pulisic.

He's nowhere near the level of Mane, Firmino or Coutinho either.   But he is only 20, so time to really develope somewhere.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2496 on: April 27, 2017, 10:44:40 pm »
Bayern Munich are to activate a clause to sign Kingsley Coman on a permanent deal http://bbc.in/2oP1nmA

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2497 on: April 27, 2017, 11:13:34 pm »
Because as much as I hate saying that, there is a better chance of him winning stuff at Dortmund while developing into a quality player than at Liverpool.
The 50+1 rule means that Dortmund are protected from the likes of Abramovich or Mansour buying out clubs in Germany. And that gives them a huge artificial advantage if the two of us are going after the same players. That advantage has nothing to do with how well, or badly, the two clubs are run. It's entirely down to the regulations of the respective governing bodies.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2498 on: April 27, 2017, 11:37:47 pm »
Not sure about concern regards Germany, but my concern IF he ever went to Liverpool would be that people will expect this really skillful elite talent, and they'll be very underwhelmed.

I like Brandt a lot of what I've seen of him, technically good player who works hard and is comfortable across the front line, not afraid to try things and certainly does have good talent. But he's nowhere near the stand out talent of someone like Dembele obviously, its not even close. And he doesnt have the explosive pace of someone like Pulisic.

He's nowhere near the level of Mane, Firmino or Coutinho either.   But he is only 20, so time to really develope somewhere.

Agreed, if anything Forsberg for Leipzig has looked more assured thus season but it's debatable that Brandt has a higher ceiling. Just hope he's given time and patience wherever he goes.

Thoughts on Douglas Costa, flattered to deceive at Bayern, potentially available this summer?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2499 on: April 28, 2017, 12:35:47 am »
Thoughts on Douglas Costa, flattered to deceive at Bayern, potentially available this summer?

Bayern will only sell on their terms. The impression they keep giving is that Costa is angling for a wage increase, which they are unwilling to give him. They also played hardball when Lewandowski was flirting with Real Madrid in order to get a bigger wage packet.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2500 on: April 28, 2017, 01:27:47 am »
Agreed, if anything Forsberg for Leipzig has looked more assured thus season but it's debatable that Brandt has a higher ceiling. Just hope he's given time and patience wherever he goes.

Thoughts on Costa is that there is absolutely no chamce we could sign a player of that class.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2501 on: April 28, 2017, 02:42:18 am »

Douglas Costa would make a fine Klopp player, his work ethic is tremendous. That said, it all depends on the player and his wants. He could literally walk into any club in Europe if he so chooses. And to wit, I can't see Bayern selling, with the oft injured Ribery in the twilight of his career. That's unless if they have lined up a potential replacement, but I find that unlikely, as there are few talents this summer that would be able to fill that void left by both Ribery and Costa. Brandt is still many years away from reaching that class of player, I am not sure if Ribery can last that long. And Bayern literally are the last club that would be bullied into a sale of one of their players. Their directors are obstinate men who thumb their noses at other European elite on a consistent basis, and basically rule with an iron fist.

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2502 on: April 28, 2017, 09:07:02 am »
Thoughts on Costa is that there is absolutely no chamce we could sign a player of that class.
This seems about right. Bayern would be mad to sell him. Costa would be mad to leave with Ribery and Robben in their mid-30s. But if both parties are crazy enough to allow him to move on, he'll be joining a team that's doing much better than we are at the moment.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2503 on: April 28, 2017, 10:22:13 am »

I didn't state for Liverpool, just whether Bayern would cash in on him.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2504 on: April 28, 2017, 12:10:04 pm »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2505 on: April 28, 2017, 03:20:54 pm »
Thiago Alcantara has extended his contract with Bayern Munich http://bbc.in/2qeIiOv

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2506 on: April 28, 2017, 05:41:20 pm »
Thiago Alcantara has extended his contract with Bayern Munich http://bbc.in/2qeIiOv

such a good player  8)

Tonights Buli game:

Bayer Leverkusen vs Schalke 04

I think it's safe to say both these teams have really underperformed this season. Especially Bayer. Theoretically they could still make the Europa places, but it'd be a long shot now with just 4 games left. Still, a win is needed, especially for Bayer regards the dreaded playoff spot.

My favourite Bayer player Kai Havertz won't be able to play, cos he's having to sit his school exams so has been given some time off  ;D

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2507 on: April 28, 2017, 05:54:16 pm »
Yann Sommer. Now there's an underrated goalie that deserves to be playing at the top level.
He played in the CL for Basle and Gladbach, aswel as internationally? I am a fan though
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2508 on: April 28, 2017, 05:55:01 pm »
Thiago is a wonderful player, just find something really boring about seeing him at Bayern Munich.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2509 on: April 28, 2017, 05:55:32 pm »
He played in the CL for Basle and Gladbach, aswel as internationally? I am a fan though

He won't be playing any kind of European football next season, not with 'Gladbach anyway. He deserves to be playing in the Champions League.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2510 on: April 28, 2017, 07:38:29 pm »
very good start to this game, Bayer all over Schalke, Brandt had a great chance saved in the first minute.

Then after 6 mins, against the run of play, Schalke take the lead, Burgstaller scoring again, what a signing he's been.

And now it's 2-0  :o Höwedes. Bayer yet again conceding from a set piece.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:40:32 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2511 on: April 28, 2017, 07:43:40 pm »
You can thank me for Burgstaller being great. Told some guys in one of my whatsapp-groups that he'll be a shite signing. You can also blame me for Gomez and Müller being shite as I have them in my fantasy team...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2512 on: April 28, 2017, 07:48:19 pm »
You can thank me for Burgstaller being great. Told some guys in one of my whatsapp-groups that he'll be a shite signing. You can also blame me for Gomez and Müller being shite as I have them in my fantasy team...

:lmao

Holy crap, it's 3-0. Schalke, after 18 mins.

And here comes Jonathan Tah, Toprak subbed off injured.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:50:06 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2513 on: April 28, 2017, 07:51:14 pm »
Then after 6 mins, against the run of play, Schalke take the lead, Burgstaller scoring again, what a signing he's been.
The through-ball that created the first goal was exceptional, but I couldn't work out who made it. 3-0 now. Cracking match.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2514 on: April 28, 2017, 07:55:05 pm »
And to think Leverkusen absolutely kicked the shit out of Monaco earlier in the season.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2515 on: April 28, 2017, 07:57:22 pm »
And to think Leverkusen absolutely kicked the shit out of Monaco earlier in the season.

and made Spurs look very naive too, beating them at 'home'.

Freaking nuts what has happened to them. The coaching change hasn't worked either, but then it is only till the end of the season. They'll have to start over again in the summer. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2516 on: April 28, 2017, 08:19:41 pm »
and the half finishes 3-0, hugely entertaining it was too.

Brandt after a bright start didn't cover himself in glory, almost costing his team with a dodgy backpass, and failing to produce quality balls from good positions.

Another once linked player to Liverpool - Jonathan Tah, has actually played well, after coming on when Bayer where already 3-0 down. He's had a couple good tackles and interceptions. He can't be fully fit either, he's been out for ages. My issue with him from the few games I saw him, was that he looked kinda slow and lumbering, but he looks pretty sharp this game so far.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2517 on: April 28, 2017, 08:21:23 pm »
Hows our new left back doing

Offline warrenpe

• Kopite
« Reply #2518 on: April 28, 2017, 08:26:05 pm »
Hows our new left back doing
Has that been confirmed yet?

He's hardly been involved tonight. Schalke's play has tended to go through the middle or down the right. But he definitely looks a good player. Will be envious if you do get him.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2519 on: April 28, 2017, 08:27:23 pm »
and made Spurs look very naive too, beating them at 'home'.

Freaking nuts what has happened to them. The coaching change hasn't worked either, but then it is only till the end of the season. They'll have to start over again in the summer.

Haven't seen too much of them recently, any idea what's behind this terrible form?