Author Topic: The GAA Thread  (Read 633042 times)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
Re: The GAA Thread
« Reply #8920 on: April 10, 2017, 10:13:47 pm »
He's a good story teller and a very entertaining analyst. I can see why he winds people up but that's sort of his thing.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #8921 on: April 11, 2017, 10:14:14 pm »
He's a good story teller and a very entertaining analyst. I can see why he winds people up but that's sort of his thing.
If u think so but when he starts talking over the other analysts its fair annoying . Deserves a good punch
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #8922 on: April 12, 2017, 12:18:56 am »
If u think so but when he starts talking over the other analysts its fair annoying . Deserves a good punch
I was howling at the TV that Gooch was top scorer in the 05 and 08 finals, Tomas really should have known that from the last time Brolly decided the Gooch being a 'choker' was a good angle. Fairly obvious reply, instead Brolly was made look like he had an argument for a second

Gooch was a once in a lifetime genius footballer, everyone knows that and Brolly knows it, he's not thick

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8923 on: April 12, 2017, 01:03:33 am »
He reminded me of G Norton character in Father Ted talking jiberish and leaving no one else speak

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8924 on: April 14, 2017, 05:53:21 pm »
I was howling at the TV that Gooch was top scorer in the 05 and 08 finals, Tomas really should have known that from the last time Brolly decided the Gooch being a 'choker' was a good angle. Fairly obvious reply, instead Brolly was made look like he had an argument for a second

Gooch was a once in a lifetime genius footballer, everyone knows that and Brolly knows it, he's not thick

When did he say that?

The fuckin eejit
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #8925 on: April 20, 2017, 12:22:01 pm »
Davy Fitz gets eight weeks.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8926 on: April 21, 2017, 06:50:57 pm »
Davy Fitz gets eight weeks.

Ridiculous decision in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, he shouldn't have done what he did. You'd expect someone who's been around as long as he has to know better.

But punishing him with an 8 week ban is way too excessive
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8927 on: April 23, 2017, 03:44:34 pm »
Anyone watching the league final today?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8928 on: May 21, 2017, 02:42:46 pm »
Anyone watching the hurling today?

Anyone? ;D

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8929 on: May 21, 2017, 03:44:55 pm »
Half time scores in the Leinster SFC:

Louth 1-11 Wicklow 1-7
Laois 2-10 Longford 0-7
Carlow 0-8 Wexford 0-7
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8930 on: May 21, 2017, 03:45:58 pm »
Connacht SFC result:

Mayo 2-14 Sligo 0-11
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8931 on: May 21, 2017, 05:52:13 pm »
Didn't see that cork result. They were 3/1 with the bookies. Great fucking game mind

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #8932 on: May 21, 2017, 06:44:34 pm »
Anyone watching the hurling today?

Anyone? ;D

Second half.  Rebels.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8933 on: May 21, 2017, 07:53:40 pm »
Second half.  Rebels.

Great win, to be honest I never ever seen that coming.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8934 on: May 21, 2017, 10:18:06 pm »
Hopefully we can build on that result. Nice to see a big Cork turn out today. Much more people than I expected. Considering it was a first round game and we were going in as outside underdogs, it was a pretty good turn out to be fair. Looking forward to the Waterford game now.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8935 on: May 22, 2017, 12:19:01 am »
Cork City, Munster, Cork Hurlers and Liverpool ... doesn't happen too often nut what a great day (and weekend).

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #8936 on: May 22, 2017, 03:12:32 pm »
Embaressing watching the reaction of Cork players and supporters after the game. A pitch invasion and tears of joy,  like one of Ireland's minnows on the very rare occasion they they topple a giant. Cork hurling really is in the doldrums.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #8937 on: May 22, 2017, 03:33:25 pm »
Embaressing watching the reaction of Cork players and supporters after the game. A pitch invasion and tears of joy,  like one of Ireland's minnows on the very rare occasion they they topple a giant. Cork hurling really is in the doldrums.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8938 on: May 22, 2017, 10:10:26 pm »

C'mon man, these are Cork people you're dealing with, not AWWYC or didi. You need better bait than that.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8939 on: May 28, 2017, 04:08:24 pm »
So Ulster football never fails to deliver, Tyrone v Derry was gash. Fancy Galway to beat us handy enough here but what the hell, C'mon Dublin.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8940 on: May 28, 2017, 05:46:40 pm »
Dublin Hurling in trouble looking at that, surely we aint that bad, Galway very very good but Dublin GAA Official need a rethink going forward. Lads on RTE Panel telling us what the problems are without actually saying it, players not on panel that should be why are they not? Word is Cunningham is very unpopular in the dressing room and many want him gone.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #8941 on: May 28, 2017, 06:25:25 pm »
Surely the most noteworthy performance of the weekend was by the Cork footballers who only managed to scrape a 1 point win against arguably the worst team in championship football. Shocking stuff really, almost one of the greatest upsets in recent memory if not the greatest.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8942 on: May 28, 2017, 07:18:13 pm »
Surely the most noteworthy performance of the weekend was by the Cork footballers who only managed to scrape a 1 point win against arguably the worst team in championship football. Shocking stuff really, almost one of the greatest upsets in recent memory if not the greatest.

Not bad. A slight improvement on your last attempt ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8943 on: May 30, 2017, 10:16:26 am »
Not bad. A slight improvement on your last attempt ;D

Cork footballers clearly don't have access to the performance enhancing drugs that the Kerry lads have.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #8944 on: May 30, 2017, 06:44:21 pm »
Cork footballers clearly don't have access to the performance enhancing drugs that the Kerry lads have.
Hah

Shur Mick O Connall was on the same stuff back in the day. Rowing a boat from Valentia to training in Killarney a dead give away.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8945 on: June 3, 2017, 06:49:59 pm »
Expecting a right handy run out v Carlow for us tonight, think Limerick will do Clare tomorrow but should be a belter.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8946 on: June 3, 2017, 08:40:51 pm »
Leinster SFC quarter-final

Carlow 0-7 Dublin 0-19 - FT

Blanket defence has to score too they should remember.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8947 on: June 4, 2017, 07:25:30 pm »
How many months will Connolly get ?

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #8948 on: June 4, 2017, 08:18:37 pm »

He's a dub, so not too many I'd imagine.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8949 on: June 4, 2017, 08:22:16 pm »

What did he do now?

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8951 on: June 4, 2017, 11:15:32 pm »
After a slow start the Down-Armagh match burst into classic northern GAA life in another marvellous exhibition of brainlessness, brawling, blanket defence, topped off with a 20 man scuffle to give us 10 minutes of injury time in the second. Somebody won, who cares.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #8952 on: June 4, 2017, 11:25:10 pm »

Online goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #8953 on: June 5, 2017, 08:16:48 am »
It's insulting to the game that regularly he gets included as a player to aspire to

Brollyesqe stuff from you there KK.

Not taking the bait though😄
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8954 on: June 5, 2017, 12:54:29 pm »
The way its being portrayed in print media you'd swear he shoved him Paolo Di Canio style and put him on his arse

Having watched it, it's all much a do about nothing really, isn't it?

Still, the rule is there for good reason and he undoubtedly broke it.

He'll be banned for sure.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #8955 on: June 5, 2017, 02:40:06 pm »
The way its being portrayed in print media you'd swear he shoved him Paolo Di Canio style and put him on his arse

Having watched it, it's all much a do about nothing really, isn't it?

Still, the rule is there for good reason and he undoubtedly broke it.

He'll be banned for sure.
I agree, it's so minimal. I was actually really disappointed when I eventually saw it! Still, it would set a precedent if they didn't ban him. The bollocks. 

Some good games over the weekend looking back, Down v Armagh and Meath v Louth were very competitive with a lot of quality.

Clare v Limerick on the other hand despite the high score was a bit of a bore, far too nice a match between those two.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8956 on: June 5, 2017, 07:40:53 pm »

3 at a guess.
He's a dub, so not too many I'd imagine.

Bollox talk.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8957 on: June 5, 2017, 07:42:00 pm »
After a slow start the Down-Armagh match burst into classic northern GAA life in another marvellous exhibition of brainlessness, brawling, blanket defence, topped off with a 20 man scuffle to give us 10 minutes of injury time in the second. Somebody won, who cares.

It was a dreadful game.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8958 on: June 5, 2017, 08:03:36 pm »
If it was up to me, I'd give Connolly a 15 week ban

12 for touching the linesman, 2 for having an unmercifully slappable face, and one for just being a bit of a bollox in general

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #8959 on: June 5, 2017, 09:23:24 pm »
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd