Author Topic: Portsmouth FC out of Administration  (Read 88698 times)

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
Portsmouth FC out of Administration
« on: December 30, 2009, 01:31:38 pm »
On the breaking news ticker on the BBC. Not good news!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:38:27 pm by Alan_F »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Portsmouth FC issued with winding up petition
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 01:36:58 pm »
Just saw it on SSN as well. I'm sure the money is there. Just the owners want to put off paying up until the last minute

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:37:55 pm »
Yeah i signed that petition , to stop winding the away fans up with them fuckin bells .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 01:40:48 pm »
Will we get our 3 points back if they go tits up

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:41:53 pm »
This is going to be interesting.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 01:49:56 pm »
Doesn't necessarily mean a lot. Anyone can issue a winding up order. It's a common last resort if someone hasn't been paid. We have considered it a couple of times for clients who don't pay up.

Oh, just looked at the story and it's HM Revenue and Customs...

Bye Bye Pompey...   :wave
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 01:54:16 pm »
I hope they also look into the crooked world of the FA and ask why these fuck-wits were allowed to play with expensive toys when they obviously were not 'fit and proper'. 

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 01:59:12 pm »
I don't run a business, but would someone who does tell me why a business would not set aside money during the course of a year to pay its taxes?
Justice for the 96!

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 02:04:30 pm »
I don't run a business, but would someone who does tell me why a business would not set aside money during the course of a year to pay its taxes?

its difficult to put money "aside" if your making a loss week in week out.
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 02:08:03 pm »

Business doesn't always work like that. You work on cash-flow, balancing the timing of your income and expenditure and trying to forecast when you need cash to pay certain things. If you have unforeseen expenditure or expected income doesn't happen it can fuck up your planning. It sounds like Pompey's business plan is completely shot to pieces - they can't pay wages (always a bad sign) and aren't paying their tax bills.

Bottom line is that their expenditure is higher than their income so there's nothing to put aside...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 02:09:45 pm »
Business doesn't always work like that. You work on cash-flow, balancing the timing of your income and expenditure and trying to forecast when you need cash to pay certain things. If you have unforeseen expenditure or expected income doesn't happen it can fuck up your planning. It sounds like Pompey's business plan is completely shot to pieces - they can't pay wages (always a bad sign) and aren't paying their tax bills.

Bottom line is that their expenditure is higher than their income so there's nothing to put aside...

Fire sale in January? We could do with a few new faces.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 02:14:46 pm »

Thanks for is explanation, can we assume that they didn't put 'tax' on their list of outgoings?
Justice for the 96!

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 02:19:00 pm »
Thanks for is explanation, can we assume that they didn't put 'tax' on their list of outgoings?

It would be, in fact it would be there in fucking great big red numbers on the cash forecast.... but if there's no cash, there's nothing you can do to pay it. Businesses in that sort of trouble will pay the short-term stuff to keep themselves going while trying to sort out the large scale and long term problems. There's no point keeping aside the money to pay the tax if you've already gone out of business because your suppliers have stopped giving you credit.

They were obviously banking on someone coming in with the cash to meet their liabilities - doesn't look like it's going to happpen.

It's a nasty horrible business when the shit hits the fan.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 02:21:33 pm »
Quite sad really if they did go tits up.

Who's next I wonder.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 02:22:09 pm »
I hope they also look into the crooked world of the FA and ask why these fuck-wits were allowed to play with expensive toys when they obviously were not 'fit and proper'. 

They are meant to be able to tell who is fit to own a company how? Don't think the FA can do a thing if a person doesn't have a proven criminal record?

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 02:22:43 pm »
You can still get Pompey at 1/2 to go down.

Might put my mortgage on it.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 02:55:16 pm »

Wonder what happens to the balance we owe them of Glen Johnson's fee.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 03:17:00 pm »
Amazing they've gone from winning the FA Cup to less than two years later looking like completely folding. A team who definitely overstepped and overreached their financial limitations.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 03:18:42 pm »
Amazing they've gone from winning the FA Cup to less than two years later looking like completely folding. A team who definitely overstepped and overreached their financial limitations.

i think that fella who owns brum has promised a £40m transfer fund which has more or less all come from borrowed money, so they could concievably be next

and i've read somewhere else that utaka is on £80k a week - harry doing a sterling job as ever

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 03:21:39 pm »

Wasn't that all signed off from the money they already owed us for Crouch?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 03:21:53 pm »
Amazing they've gone from winning the FA Cup to less than two years later looking like completely folding. A team who definitely overstepped and overreached their financial limitations. employed 'Arry.

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 03:22:18 pm »
Good. Hope the fuckers go down.
C'est la vie.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 03:22:48 pm »

HMRC will ensure that we pay as it is their cash as the preferential creditor.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 03:24:13 pm »

Damn.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 03:25:03 pm »
They're not up in court until February, so there's plenty of time to sell a couple of players in the transfer window and pay the taxman.
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline MrGrumpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 03:26:17 pm »
I thought a large part of the Johnson fee was us agreeing to write off money owed on the Crouch transfer. How much did we actually pay?
Justice for the 96!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 03:30:46 pm »
They're not up in court until February, so there's plenty of time to sell a couple of players in the transfer window and pay the taxman.

They did that in the summer (Kranjcar, Johnson, Crouch) and it didn't get them anywhere. I still think they have an ongoing transfer embargo that has yet to be lifted, which won't help when they lose half a dozen players to the African Cup of Nations

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 03:38:00 pm »
You can still get Pompey at 1/2 to go down.

Might put my mortgage on it.

are any bookies taking that bet and will it stand?
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 03:41:33 pm »
I thought a large part of the Johnson fee was us agreeing to write off money owed on the Crouch transfer. How much did we actually pay?

i think they owed between £8-10m of the crouch fee

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 04:31:42 pm »
Living in Pompey, and having some ties to the club through family i've heard allsorts from various sources, but Gaydamak is still after the money HE's owed and has been taking it back, most of the money raised from Diarra Muntari Defoe etc etc (#£100m) went to him. Pompey are fucked, simple as.
psn = Lents123

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 04:58:24 pm »
Pompey statement.

Portsmouth Football Club has not been formally served with a winding up petition and is shocked and surprised this action has been taken in respect of VAT, PAYE and National Insurance Contributions which either have been, or are about to be paid, or are disputed.

The club is disputing the VAT amount outstanding and has formally notified HMRC of this. We expect HMRC to withdraw their demands forthwith.

Otherwise we anticipate a hearing being held in early January 2010 during which we will request that the High Court order HMRC to withdraw their demands.

Since the takeover by Ali Al Faraj in October 2009, extreme efforts have been made to reach payment arrangements with HMRC to allow the owner time to deal with inherited debt.

To date the new owner has injected a total of £9.7m of new funds to HMRC - £5.7m paid and security to the value of £4M.

In such a tough economic environment the club finds it hard to understand this action by HMRC.

It is well known that the business has been in a difficult position following former owners’ decisions and the current owner is committed to resolving this and moving forward.
http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/PFC-Statement-433.aspx

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 04:59:30 pm »
Pompey statement.
http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/PFC-Statement-433.aspx
What a load of bollocks. Peter Storrie is a crook aswell, just ask Notts County fans. Or the fact he's in court soon!
psn = Lents123

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 05:01:52 pm »
Portsmouth Football Club has not been formally served with a winding up petition and is shocked and surprised this action has been taken

So they are claiming not to have been formally served with a petition and are shocked and surprised that they have not been formally served with a winding up order.

Great copywriting there.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 05:55:33 pm »
HMRC will ensure that we pay as it is their cash as the preferential creditor.

I may be wrong but the Crown no longer has preferential status in the matter of insolvency, that is why Portsmouth have put security up for the value of £4m.

It is a sad state of affairs and shows that the money chase since 1992 has become the biggest issue in our game. We all thought Platini was being anti English when he commented about debt in our league, we used the big Spanish clubs as examples of his "hidden agenda". It appears that the man was right to question the level of debt in the English game.

Who is next ? I would not bet against it being either us or United, the level of debt at both clubs is extremely worrying or should be worrying to all fans.

The lessons of Leeds United seem to have been missed.

Good Luck to Portsmouth I hope they can sort it out, If Storrie et al are crooks then they ought to be charged, in any case its the loyal fans who suffer, we can count ourselves lucky FOR NOW

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 06:21:23 pm »
I may be wrong but the Crown no longer has preferential status in the matter of insolvency, that is why Portsmouth have put security up for the value of £4m.

It is a sad state of affairs and shows that the money chase since 1992 has become the biggest issue in our game. We all thought Platini was being anti English when he commented about debt in our league, we used the big Spanish clubs as examples of his "hidden agenda". It appears that the man was right to question the level of debt in the English game.

Who is next ? I would not bet against it being either us or United, the level of debt at both clubs is extremely worrying or should be worrying to all fans.

The lessons of Leeds United seem to have been missed.

Good Luck to Portsmouth I hope they can sort it out, If Storrie et al are crooks then they ought to be charged, in any case its the loyal fans who suffer, we can count ourselves lucky FOR NOW

OK, even if they are not preferential, the bastards won't let us off...

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 06:52:15 pm »
The teams they owe money to should have the first choice of which players they want to take, if Pompey go tits up.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 07:18:22 pm »
The teams they owe money to should have the first choice of which players they want to take, if Pompey go tits up.
Ludicrous. Pompey owe £10m to teams for players, that's all. Younes Kaboul is worth that alone (imo).
psn = Lents123

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »
Sorry if this sounds daft, but what exactly is a winding up petition and what does this mean for Pompey?
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 07:23:33 pm »
Sad.

What happens when you are run by clowns with nothing to lose.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 07:23:37 pm »
An order made by the Court for a company to be placed into compulsory liquidation.

Pompey are fucked.
psn = Lents123