Author Topic: The Hyundai A-League Thread  (Read 84260 times)

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
Re: The Hyundai A-League Thread
« Reply #160 on: December 2, 2009, 05:21:17 am »
The deal was a 5 year deal. But I know Melbourne Heart strips are going to be reebok so I think it will continue. I think it'd be good if now clubs were given the chance to get new shirt sponsors but have to be approved by FFA or they can just stick with reebok, would stop clubs wearing shitty covo tops and getting no money, but would allow clubs to further branch out the A-league, plus Reebok are a bit retarded...ie central coast's away kit

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: December 2, 2009, 12:43:52 pm »
plus Reebok are a bit retarded...ie central coast's away kit

Glory's away kit. Dunno why we can't just wear our home one each game since the purple doesn't really clash with anyone.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 3, 2009, 01:42:12 pm »
Apart from the creation of a city rival for Melb. Victory, who is going to follow the new Melbourne Heart side? Colours, Red and White as I think Branno had mentioned earlier.Curious to who will be following them?, what the media and public relations spiel has been in terms of supporter base? Roll the dice and see who turns up or has there been a particular market the A-League is looking at?
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: December 3, 2009, 10:32:38 pm »
Apart from the creation of a city rival for Melb. Victory, who is going to follow the new Melbourne Heart side? Colours, Red and White as I think Branno had mentioned earlier.Curious to who will be following them?, what the media and public relations spiel has been in terms of supporter base? Roll the dice and see who turns up or has there been a particular market the A-League is looking at?

Red and white colours eh.

Croatians and Serbs unite!

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2009, 08:10:09 am »
Off to see Fowler play against my local team, Brisbane, in half an hour.

Can't wait! First time I'll ever see a former/current Liverpool player!

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2009, 01:12:06 pm »
A video of Fowler post-match against my local side, Brisbane.

My mate bought along his Liverpool top which has "Justice 96" on the back, so we were really hoping to get a hold of Fowler so he could sign it.

Was about to walk past, until he noticed we were yelling about Hillsborough :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7a_LRqi1F8

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Facebook
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2009, 03:59:10 am »
A video of Fowler post-match against my local side, Brisbane.

My mate bought along his Liverpool top which has "Justice 96" on the back, so we were really hoping to get a hold of Fowler so he could sign it.

Was about to walk past, until he noticed we were yelling about Hillsborough :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7a_LRqi1F8

Many thanks Roopy! You made my night capturing this footage :)
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2009, 05:34:30 am »
Many thanks Roopy! You made my night capturing this footage :)

No worries mate.

To my amazement, a Liverpool fan is accusing me and my mate of exploiting the Hillsborough disaster to attract the attention of Fowler.

Cannot believe a fellow Red believes this.

He said me and my mates motives were selfish, and that we only got Fowler to sign the kit so we could parade it in front of our friends and family ... and he says to prove him wrong, we should give the kit away to charity.

Unbelievable.

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
    • Facebook
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2009, 08:28:43 am »
No worries mate.

To my amazement, a Liverpool fan is accusing me and my mate of exploiting the Hillsborough disaster to attract the attention of Fowler.

Cannot believe a fellow Red believes this.

He said me and my mates motives were selfish, and that we only got Fowler to sign the kit so we could parade it in front of our friends and family ... and he says to prove him wrong, we should give the kit away to charity.

Unbelievable.

How about this guy worries about the ignorant Australian supporters who were asking me why I had Justice and 96 on the back of my shirt and could not understand when I offered them Don't Buy The Sun stickers. :)

That kit is going into a frame with a Hillsborough tribute to hang on my wall.  When people come over to visit it will attract attention and I will be educate those who do not know what has gone on these past 20 plus years. :)
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2010, 08:18:39 am »
Sydney win first Premiers Plate (Minor Premiers) with a 2-0 over Melbourne.

Now for the finals.

Finals Week 1
Thursday 18 Feb 2010
Major Semi Final - Match A: 1 v 2 (1st Leg)
Melbourne Victory FC   vs  Sydney FC    7.30 PM    Etihad Stadium, Melbourne    

Saturday 20 Feb 2010
Semi Final - Match B: 3 v 6
Gold Coast United    vs   Newcastle Jets FC    7.00 PM    Skilled Park, Gold Coast    

Sunday 21 Feb 2010
Semi Final - Match C: 4 v 5
Wellington Phoenix FC vs    Perth Glory FC    5.00 PM    Westpac Stadium, Wellington    
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2010, 08:50:03 am »
Spewing we didn't get a home final and have to travel to Wellington instead. However, I still think we can get the job done even though our away form hasn't been too good.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2010, 10:36:35 am »
Major Semi Final - Match A: 1 v 2 (1st Leg)
Melbourne 2 Sydney 1

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2010, 11:02:38 am »
Right get this...fuck you Victory.....Im on the Melbourne Heart train....choooochooo!
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2010, 12:54:43 pm »
Semi Final - Match B: 3 v 6
Newcastle 6 defeated Gold Coast 5 (on penalties)   

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2010, 08:26:31 pm »
Pim Verbeek reckons the Aussie players would be better off training with Karlsruhe in Germany than playing in this league. Must be shite then, eh?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2010, 08:43:02 am »
Well that sucks.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2010, 09:45:59 am »
Pim Verbeek reckons the Aussie players would be better off training with Karlsruhe in Germany than playing in this league. Must be shite then, eh?

Pretty sure that quote is about 2 years old. Nothing in Aussie media about it today.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2010, 12:27:55 pm »
Well that sucks.
Semi Final - Match C: 4 v 5
Wellington 4 Perth 2 (on penalties)

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2010, 10:01:04 pm »
When is the second leg of Sydney - Melbourne?

I went to Adelaide for the weekend and met the Newcastle team in the airport on Friday lunchtime, and the CC Mariners on Sunday evening. It's a pity God didn't play for one of them.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2010, 11:29:17 pm »
When is the second leg of Sydney - Melbourne?

I went to Adelaide for the weekend and met the Newcastle team in the airport on Friday lunchtime, and the CC Mariners on Sunday evening. It's a pity God didn't play for one of them.
Sunday 7 March 2010
Major Semi Final - (2nd Leg)
Sydney v    Melbourne           Sydney Football Stadium

Minor Semi Final
Wellington v Newcastle          Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 7, 2010, 04:04:50 pm »
Sunday 7 March 2010
Major Semi Final - (2nd Leg)
Sydney 2 v    Melbourne 2          Sydney Football Stadium

Minor Semi Final
Wellington 3 v Newcastle 1         Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2010, 12:03:16 pm »
Preliminary Final:

Sydney FC 4 Wellington 2

Sydney plays Melbourne Victory next week in the Grand final.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2010, 12:20:00 pm »
I went to the game tonight as I wasn't going out boozing. Very good performance from Sydney, could have won by more. Although the second goal was a handball. Was very impressed by Kisel in midfield.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2010, 12:37:14 pm »
I went to the game tonight as I wasn't going out boozing. Very good performance from Sydney, could have won by more. Although the second goal was a handball. Was very impressed by Kisel in midfield.

What was the support like for Wellington? As you probably know, most Kiwi's in Aussie, and everywhere else, tend to give football a pass if the ball ain't oval.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2010, 12:43:53 pm »
I heard the crowd was massively disappointing.

Also, Hand of God, then Frog, now Oz!
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Mackeroo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2010, 12:58:00 pm »
I heard the crowd was massively disappointing.

Also, Hand of God, then Frog, now Oz!

yeah the crowd was poor only 13,196 showed up. It pissed rain in Sydney about 6 pm so I'm sure that contributed in some way.

Wellington had maybe 300 or 400 there I reckon. 

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2010, 12:12:23 pm »
The big one for the toilet seat tomorrow! Sydney fans been shitting themselves all week about crowd trouble. They are drinking at a bar right near the ground pre game and are keeping their post match location top secret.  Advising not to wear colours during the day, stay in big groups after the game and all that shit.

Totally over the top but funny as fuck for us. No doubt the police will be over the top as well.

Offline Mackeroo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2010, 05:51:34 am »
Come on Sydney! Stick it to that horrible c*nt Muscat. A repeat of the 3-0 earlier in the season would be nice!

Offline RedImpact

• Main Stander
  • 'rise of the phoenix'
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2010, 10:06:03 am »
decent second half here in the final ... great atmosphere as well ... all up i think roughly 45000 turned up ... gone on to extra time now, victory have the momentum.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2010, 12:01:34 pm »
Grand Final result:

Sydney FC 4    Melbourne 2 (on penalties)

Offline pundapat

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2010, 12:40:42 pm »
Get the fuck in :D

Offline Mackeroo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2010, 03:05:14 pm »
Well in Sydney FC, delighted the best team over the course of the season won in the end. And I never laughed as much as when Muscat missed his pen. Never has such a horrible c*nt deserved anything as much as that.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2010, 12:40:49 pm »
Right get this...fuck you Victory.....Im on the Melbourne Heart train....choooochooo!
Branno Melbourne Heart signs striker John Aloisi for next season.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 4, 2010, 07:16:57 am »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season 2010/11 starts tomorrow night.

First up, new team Melbourne Heart v Central Coast Mariners at AAMI Park.                 

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 4, 2010, 11:06:04 am »
Can't wait for Glory/Fury. God's debut but unfortunately I can't watch it.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 4, 2010, 02:04:34 pm »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season 2010/11 starts tomorrow night.

First up, new team Melbourne Heart v Central Coast Mariners at AAMI Park.                 

CCM have signed a little Argentinian attacking midfielder, who  Graham Arnold and Phill Moss think will tear the A-League apart.

He's called Patricio Perez, and was part of the Argentina U20 squad that won the U20 World Cup in 2005... when a certain Leo Messi won the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

A couple of the U20s from my club currently train with the CCM too, although I don't believe any of them will feature in the first team any time soon.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2010, 02:08:46 pm by Col »
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #196 on: August 5, 2010, 09:03:36 pm »
Heart lost first game 1-0 to CCM
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 6, 2010, 02:07:20 am »

CCM have signed a little Argentinian attacking midfielder, who  Graham Arnold and Phill Moss think will tear the A-League apart.

He's called Patricio Perez, and was part of the Argentina U20 squad that won the U20 World Cup in 2005... when a certain Leo Messi won the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

A couple of the U20s from my club currently train with the CCM too, although I don't believe any of them will feature in the first team any time soon.
Will keep an eye out for him Col. Think he got injured at training and didn't play in the opening game.

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #198 on: August 6, 2010, 09:06:19 am »
Can't wait for Melbourne vs. Sydney... Should be a cracker.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline Mackeroo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 7, 2010, 11:45:06 am »
Ha ha Muscat you wanker!! Lol. Go Sydney.