Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140461 times)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #200 on: December 20, 2010, 05:36:28 pm »
Disagree, IMO he's doing the best job he can. Whilst he may not be fit for the job as a lot of us think, I wouldn't say that he 'only cares for himself'. He's taking stick left right and centre and (as any of us would) he has defended himself on more than one occasion. Again if you disagree with the manner in which he has defended himself then so be it, but I really disagree strongly with the opinion that he isn't doing his best for the club, because he is.

Who is he defending himself against?

What aggressive questioning prompted those quotes?

Our time spent in the relegation places?
Our struggles to win away from home?
Our absolutely dire performances?
The poor performances of the players he has bought?
The ridiculing of junior players and experienced pros alike?
The hypocritical comments about if we do/don't need players?
The outright lies he told about Benitez and Dalglish?
The moaning about the effects of the after match protests?

You'll notice that I only list those things that are not open to debate. They are not opinion based they are cold hard facts.
So please tell us all what he was responding to with these claims?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #201 on: December 20, 2010, 05:37:05 pm »
Disagree, IMO he's doing the best job he can. [...] I really disagree strongly with the opinion that he isn't doing his best for the club, because he is.

So, all in all, your main argument is that Roy Hodgson is doing HIS best for the club, he is doing the best job HE can.

That does seem to be what he, himself, has been arguing. He's said a fair number of other things, the vast majority of which has been 'ancillaries' to that claim and attempts to bolster the implicit claim that "his best" is or would be "good enough" for Liverpool to be doing a lot better than we have so far this season.

Can you stipulate that the above is accurate so we can proceed with debate, then?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 20, 2010, 05:39:49 pm »
So, all in all, your main argument is that Roy Hodgson is doing HIS best for the club, he is doing the best job HE can.

Yes, but so as not to give you the wrong impression I would also like to take this opportunity to state that I have always thought he is the wrong man for the job and am unhappy like the rest of the fans (just in case anyone is thinking otherwise).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:46:54 pm by Paragon »
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2010, 05:42:16 pm »
Disagree, IMO he's doing the best job he can. Whilst he may not be fit for the job as a lot of us think, I wouldn't say that he 'only cares for himself'. He's taking stick left right and centre and (as any of us would) he has defended himself on more than one occasion. Again if you disagree with the manner in which he has defended himself then so be it, but I really disagree strongly with the opinion that he isn't doing his best for the club, because he is.

Who is he getting this stick from?

Do you think he trawls the message boards?

He is getting hardly any stick from his media buddies (the same xenophobic gang of twats that hounded out the previous manager) despite the constant stream of shite that he trots out, and despite the horrible soul destroying football he has us playing and worst of all the results that only prove his mediocrity.

If he decides to give a press interview on virtually a daily basis, we have the right to look at what he is saying and discuss it, afterall it involves OUR club. Frankly I think his time would be better spent actually trying to improve the shit situation he has put us in.

I don't think he is not trying his best, but I also think he should realise his best is not good enough for a club of our stature.

merry christmas.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2010, 05:42:42 pm »

You'll notice that I only list those things that are not open to debate. They are not opinion based they are cold hard facts.

Well you've answered your own question there haven't you? It's obvious he hasn't helped himself with some of what he has said but as I previously stated it doesn't mean that he isn't doing his best.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2010, 05:45:49 pm »

I'd say he is very aware of the immence pressure he is under from the majority of supporters.

That said you don't even need to be made aware when you're having a terrible season, it surely becomes obvious.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2010, 05:51:09 pm »
I'd say he is very aware of the immence pressure he is under from the majority of supporters.

That said you don't even need to be made aware when you're having a terrible season, it surely becomes obvious.

And you think he gives a shit about what we think?
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2010, 05:53:06 pm »

That's the worst thing. He doesn't care about the club or the fans and having never experienced having a manager like that, it's terribly disappointing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2010, 05:54:15 pm »

he's already told us he doesn't care what we think - see protest against owners.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2010, 05:54:21 pm »
Six months of us putting our fingers in ears when he talks because in the main he does talk nonsense

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2010, 05:57:57 pm »
Six months of us putting our fingers in ears when he talks because in the main he does talk nonsense

Roy the liar. In his first press conference he told us lies and he has continued to do so ever since.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2010, 05:58:15 pm »
I love Roy and adore his quotes.  Makes me feel alive and makes me want to jive.  Give me five! A nice hair style, the bee hive.  Strive! I am Brian and so is my wive.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2010, 06:02:08 pm »
I love Roy and adore his quotes.  Makes me feel alive and makes me want to jive.  Give me five! A nice hair style, the bee hive.  Strive! I am Brian and so is my wive.

:D

Roy the liar. In his first press conference he told us lies and he has continued to do so ever since.

He does and some argue we shouldn't listen to him then.... Yep let's not listen to current Liverpool manager

Offline GorstStreetBoy

• Kopite
  • His name is Luis Suarez...he wears the famous red!
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2010, 06:03:18 pm »

I enjoy imagining that he might.  ;D
"If we all stick together, we're going to have a wee bit of a chance" - Kenny Dalglish

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2010, 06:09:12 pm »
That's the worst thing. He doesn't care about the club or the fans and having never experienced having a manager like that, it's terribly disappointing.

Succinctly put.

Looking at the beginning of the Rafa quotes thread, supporters spoke fondly of him because he was on our side right away.  He said all the right things (some quite "cheesy" if you will) but the supporters felt a connection with him.  Looking back, we all know that he was one of us and that he cares for us.

Looking at Roy, he simply isn't one of us.  He hasn't connected with the fans nor does he care to.

Taking over for a manager who's been here for 6 years, the first thing you have to do is gain respect from players and supporters.  It's not just the on-the-pitch results because we know things aren't easy.  It's the way you conduct yourself.  His quotes and criticisms of players and his lack of respect towards the supporters show that he is not fit to be a Liverpool manager.

He doesn't get us, he isn't a part of the family, he doesn't care to be part of the family, he only cares about hanging on to the job, and he would never to go to war on our side.

Hodgson has been classless since he's been here and he has not immersed himself in the club.  We aren't any club and tradition matters.  Hodgson doesn't get it.

Hodgson of 9th place Liverpool:  "I can't work any harder."

Coyle of 6th place Bolton:  "We're nowhere near where I'd like us to eventually be. It's a work in progress but it's one we're enjoying."

Notice the difference between Liverpool and Bolton's managers.  If that doesn't anger you....
King Kenny.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #215 on: December 20, 2010, 06:13:19 pm »
Disagree, IMO he's doing the best job he can.

Awesome. I knew you'd come around. So you agree then? HODGSON OUT.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 20, 2010, 06:14:46 pm »
Awesome. I knew you'd come around. So you agree then? HODGSON OUT.

:thumbup

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 20, 2010, 06:24:00 pm »
Thought I'd post this from another thread. For those defending him, Andy's put into words what I feel about Roy:

Roy: Slags the club, the fans, the City off. Blames everyone but himself. Peddles whopping media lies on a pretty much daily basis. Slags his own players off more often than not. Has a go at the squad which is 'too big', 'too small', 'not his' and then complains about the quality - even though the two worst players in that squad have been signed by him. Has a go at Rafa then backs down when Rafa responds. Tries to wheedle his way around the fans by lying about Rafa's relationship with Kenny - which Kenny and his son quietly refute. Chummies up with all his Southern press mates. Then complains that he is hard done to. Displays all the usual traits of LMA members in this country. Bigs himself up on every opportunity. Tells people how wonderful he is. But it's all the previous managers fault, it's the players fault, it's the clubs fault, it's the fault of not enough money, it's always someone else that is to blame. Bigs up Jose Mourinho to Liverpool fans. Bigs up Alex Ferguson to Liverpool fans. Worries that taking the Liverpool job will upset his LMA Mates. Doesn't get the Club. Doesn't get the City. Doesn't get the Fans. Doesn't get the Tradition. Doesn't get the honour. Is NOT one of us.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Rafasacolytereturns

• Main Stander
  • Pray's at the altar of our lord, the father Robbie
« Reply #218 on: December 20, 2010, 06:25:21 pm »
Debaser

I actually think this thread has value, yeah sure opening a new thread every time Roy tries to check if his breakfast has digested with his toes every other day is pointless but this thread shows quite nicely how Roy is purely emotive when it comes to making decisions and statements to the media, no principles, no sticking to his beliefs, just a curious chameleon like change depending on what happens on a day to day basis, how he's feeling at that particular moment in time  and what the press has been focusing on in relation to the club.....it's beyond question Roy is not what the vast majority of us feel a Liverpool manager should be  but cruicially for me I see it as another damning indictment of the  mismanagement of LFC at boardroom level over the last 4 years.
We where spoiled under Benitez.....too many fans had grown fat feasting on his rich offerings...convincingly beating the likes of Real Madrid, Inter and AC Milan,  Juventus and Barcelona....we started to expect these kinds of victories as standard... and like spoilt brats, when things started to go wrong, we threw our toys out the pram.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2010, 06:38:22 pm »
For me Roy isnt a manager of this club in any way I was brought up to believe a manager of Liverpool should act, speak or apply himself.  So all the normal ethical elements to the job he holds , like never insult, always back, remember TLW etc does not apply to this fellow!

He is a nasty stain on our history in my opinion, and the lack of honesty towards us is a damming testament to the man himself amongst many others!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 20, 2010, 06:40:28 pm »
He's taking stick left right and centre and (as any of us would) he has defended himself on more than one occasion.

Well you've answered your own question there haven't you? It's obvious he hasn't helped himself with some of what he has said but as I previously stated it doesn't mean that he isn't doing his best.

That's all that's needed for you is it........the manager doing his best? That absolves him from criticism?
I wonder if you have the same attitude with players as you do with managers.Don't criticise and certainly don't get rid if they are doing their best.
What do you think?

I hope to Christ he isn't doing his best because if he is we are well and truly up shit creek.
I'll ask you again......you are defending his comments because he's been 'defending himself'.

Defending himself against what?
What justification can you possibly see in some of the comments he's made?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline dodgiebloke

• Anny Roader
« Reply #221 on: December 20, 2010, 06:49:48 pm »
His comments make grim reading. He needs to think before he speaks, or just pack his bags.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2010, 06:57:44 pm »

That's all that's needed for you is it........the manager doing his best? That absolves him from criticism?
I wonder if you have the same attitude with players as you do with managers.Don't criticise and certainly don't get rid if they are doing their best.
What do you think?

No, I did not say it absolves him from criticism. I said I have no doubt that he's doing his best but I didn't once say that it was all that is needed. Moreover I do not have that attitude with players either and have maintained for a while now that there are too many players in our squad who aren't good enough.

I hope to Christ he isn't doing his best because if he is we are well and truly up shit creek.
I'll ask you again......you are defending his comments because he's been 'defending himself'.

Indeed.

I'm not defending his comments, I merely said that he (like anyone) will naturally defend himself if he is taking criticism.

Defending himself against what?
What justification can you possibly see in some of the comments he's made?

"Defending himself against what?" The mass criticism he receives perhaps.

I see no justification in some of the comments he has made, nor do I recall ever trying to justify some of the comments he has made.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2010, 07:01:47 pm »
On Pacheco and Kelly recently signing new contracts until 2014.

"When you have got young quality players like them who you have invested time and money in then it's important to keep them at the club - otherwise someone else gets the benefit of the investment you've put in - not only money but terms of your coaching of the players.

Changed his tune since he sold Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to bring in fooking Konchesky hasn't he?  ::)

I was livid when he let a young striker scoring bags of goals leave in exchange for a heap of shite left-back that had his best days (and weren't they great?!) fucking years ago. The twat.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2010, 07:05:15 pm »
Haven't you heard?  The match going fans are right behind Hodgson.  A couple of posters on here regularly canvass our entire support home and away.

There is obviously a load that are behind him, but those that got the Kenny chants going at a few matches need to keep it going...even when we win.

A few banners saying 'Roy Out!' wouldn't go amiss either.

I know that kind of behaviour is far from The Liverpool Way, but he isn't respecting it...so why should we?

Rafa understood the ways of the club and got burned for it in the end...this dickhead has never respected them and should have been booted months ago. Well, he should never have got the bloody job.

It's like an Office Junior going straight into the manager's role...except Roy is an OAP.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2010, 07:07:12 pm »
He's a hateful old c*nt. Fucking Purslow and Broughton played a blinder appointing this fool, didn't they?
Internet terrorist

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2010, 07:17:02 pm »
He's a hateful old c*nt. Fucking Purslow and Broughton played a blinder appointing this fool, didn't they?

At least they turned on H&G.

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 20, 2010, 07:20:01 pm »
"We were much more incisive, we got behind them more, we got behind them down the flanks, and Jamie Carragher was bombing down there like Carlos Alberto of old."
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2010, 07:22:23 pm »
At least they turned on H&G.

Purslow did absolutely fuck all for a year until the banks decided to bring Broughton in. He spaffed around attempting to find investment, and when that failed he had to go crawling to the banks to tell them. Thats when they decided to bring a professional in to sort the mess out, and let the fucking amateur focus on hounding our best manager for 20 years out of the club.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2010, 07:23:48 pm »
It's his use of the word "formidable" that I find hilarious. The man should do stand up.

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2010, 07:38:14 pm »
There was so much joy, so much happines in me as the two fat American gobshites were removed.

Uncle Roy managed to kill all that joy in me. Thx for that Roy. I'll always support this club. But at the moment I just can't watch us play. I really can't take it anymore. Even if we played utter shit under Rafa, there was always a light at the end of the tunnel, I always knew that there was somebody in place who's not perfect or without any mistakes, but there was one in place who was one of us. There was always a believe in something big to come in a few years. There have been a lot setbacks and bad results, but if you looked at the bigger picture, we were going forward. Under Roy, well...you know what I'm talking about  :no

F*ck off back to London to have a glass of wine with your bud Sir Knight Primeminister God Jesus Mandela Pele Alex Ferguson  :no
Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2010, 07:47:57 pm »
And what exactly is "He is doing his best" being bandied about for?
He's said that himself. He topped it off by saying, Nobody could do any better. Which is of course, par the course, for the unblameable Roy Hodgson. But what I don't understand is why this is getting trotted out now. Is it an excuse? Is it a way of saying we should accept his best? What exactly does it have to do with anything?

I think if this is his best it's a rather shocking addmission and proof that he's not good enough. But carry on regardless. I'm off. I can't be arsed with this. The next thing I want to read about Guilt Free Roy is he's left, anything else is pretty much immaterial and pointless.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2010, 07:53:56 pm »
I feel the same about Hicks & Gillett going.

It should have been a massive celebration, but this inept old gimmer's lack of a clue has taken the shine right off it.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2010, 08:02:44 pm »
I feel the same about Hicks & Gillett going.

It should have been a massive celebration, but this inept old gimmer's lack of a clue has taken the shine right off it.

Yup and he is really starting to piss me off now, it really is bugging me that he is still here. He is like an itch you just cant scratch, or like when you have hiccups and you would do anything to get rid of them. He is a stubborn prick as well he totally refuses to take the blame for anything and is the type who will never even consider resigning.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2010, 08:03:41 pm »
He's only just starting to piss you off..?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2010, 08:04:57 pm »
Give the man a break.

Look. What is he doing to deserve this?

Sure. He's slagged off the fans, the club, the previous manager, the players and lies through his teeth at every opportunity and covers his back like a lowly creeping slimeball.

I can't see what he's supposed to have done wrong.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2010, 08:11:32 pm »
Give the man a break.

Look. What is he doing to deserve this?

Sure. He's slagged off the fans, the club, the previous manager, the players and lies through his teeth at every opportunity and covers his back like a lowly creeping slimeball.

I can't see what he's supposed to have done wrong.

Your right when you put it that way! ;) ;D
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2010, 08:17:13 pm »
He's only just starting to piss you off..?

Nope he is only just starting to really piss me off, different levels of being pissed off.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2010, 08:22:14 pm »
au contraire, he could not rise to the job at hand on many occasions!

Touche,

Walked into that one.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2010, 08:30:05 pm »
No idea why I made myself read that.

Ditto.
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.