Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 247078 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cancer
« Reply #2040 on: July 3, 2015, 09:45:40 pm »
So sorry to hear that Raul mate. Lost me Da 15 years ago now. I can't believe it's that, but my sister told me it was. So it must be. But not a day goes by without me thinking of him. And this will be no consolation right now, I'd have chinned somebody if they'd said it to me at the time, but it's true... it gets easier. He'll always be with you. But that will turn into a nice feeling instead of the horrible pain you must be feeling now.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #2041 on: July 8, 2015, 11:50:53 am »
My deepest sympathy Raul love.  Your Dad sounds a wonderful person.  You were blessed to have him, as he was blessed to have you. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2042 on: July 8, 2015, 01:10:46 pm »
Condolences Raul.

So sorry for your loss.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2043 on: July 11, 2015, 02:22:45 pm »
Raul,

I just seen your post about your Dad and am extremely sorry to hear of such terrible news.

Take care Brother.

I just noticed my mistake and came back to edit it.
Silly me, I left out the word "sorry" in my original post.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 02:50:45 pm by Black & White Paul »

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2044 on: July 11, 2015, 02:33:42 pm »
I have just seen this.

Johnny Depp goes to visit sick children in Hospital dressed as, and in the character of Captain Jack Sparrow.

https://www.facebook.com/ViluBrinquedos/videos/vb.295991447144915/847329158677805/?type=2&theater

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #2045 on: July 11, 2015, 02:36:23 pm »
Thanks everyone. Every word helps.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2046 on: July 12, 2015, 11:29:32 am »
my Niece lost her battle with Bowel cancer a week ago she was given 12 months and managed 5 years fought it to the very end and although i am sad about this i am also immensely proud of her  and that is the memory i will treasure.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2047 on: July 13, 2015, 02:07:17 pm »
Very sorry to hear your sad news Raul I hope you get through this tough time.
I have so much anger regarding cancer built up inside all the best

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Fuck off cancer
« Reply #2048 on: November 25, 2015, 06:26:35 pm »
You absolute twat
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: Fuck off cancer
« Reply #2049 on: November 25, 2015, 08:50:59 pm »
You okay mate?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: November 25, 2015, 09:04:22 pm »
 :-\ ?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #2051 on: November 25, 2015, 09:58:27 pm »
You okay mate?
Spoke to him on Facebook earlier,he's fine but I'll leave it for him to tell you more,if he wishes to of course.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2052 on: November 25, 2015, 10:17:36 pm »
It's a fucking horrific and seemingly indiscriminate disease.

It feels like we're starting to get the beating of it these days, hopefully we'll see it off in our lifetimes!

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2053 on: November 25, 2015, 10:21:24 pm »
:(

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2054 on: November 25, 2015, 10:22:21 pm »
It's a fucking horrific and seemingly indiscriminate disease.

It feels like we're starting to get the beating of it these days, hopefully we'll see it off in our lifetimes!
We won't...

It's 1000s of completely different diseases...

We will get better at treating many more though...

Collect money for cancer research folks, it's a wonderful cause.

And my thoughts are with you Andy....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2055 on: November 25, 2015, 10:25:20 pm »
Lost my Dad to the fucker.  Still no excuse for Cancer Research UK to doorstop me the other day and try to outright intimidate me into donating.  I've got their mark though - I know I'd be giving some collection company money for at least a year before the actual charity saw any of it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2056 on: November 25, 2015, 10:35:06 pm »
Hope your ok mate, it's a c*nt of a disease that needs eliminating.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #2057 on: November 26, 2015, 05:25:36 am »
Andy you ok mate?

PM me on here or the Facebook.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: November 26, 2015, 06:03:38 am »
My Dad has just been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. He doesn't even smoke.  Just booking my flight home to see him.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2059 on: November 26, 2015, 06:04:02 am »
You absolute twat

Yes mate it is.  Good Luck
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2060 on: November 26, 2015, 06:11:48 am »
My Dad has just been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. He doesn't even smoke.  Just booking my flight home to see him.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully they have found it early enough.

Lost my auld fella to Leukemia 4 years ago. Lost one of my mates at the age of 25 to it as well. All forms of cancer are horrible. And I can only echo what Andy says in the OP. FUCK OFF CANCER!!!

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2061 on: November 26, 2015, 06:44:24 am »
Sorry to hear this mate, lost my grandad to it, Horrible, horrible disease hope they have found it early enough.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2062 on: November 26, 2015, 07:52:33 am »
Wasn't me sorry. Just with my mum passing a couple of months ago from it - was talking with a lad yesterday for a few hours who is in the final stage and is due a major op. Looks pretty grim. Just so, so sad. And sorry to hear about your dad Red Beret and Solaman and Kennys Jacket and everyone else affected by this terrible blight :(

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2063 on: November 26, 2015, 08:45:47 am »
Lost my Dad to the fucker.  Still no excuse for Cancer Research UK to doorstop me the other day and try to outright intimidate me into donating.  I've got their mark though - I know I'd be giving some collection company money for at least a year before the actual charity saw any of it.

Why do you think charities still use these companies?  It's actually their most 'profitable' form of fundraising.  TV adverts, events, etc, cost more per donation than direct fundraising. 

Anyway, agreed Andy, it's a fucker.  More and more of us will get it as we live longer and we pollute the air etc.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2064 on: November 26, 2015, 08:46:57 am »

Sorry to hear that. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2065 on: November 26, 2015, 09:03:49 am »
Yep

My Nan had it a couple of years ago, did chemo along with complications (lost weight, constant sickness and fatigue), it went into remission. Back to normal for a year or so. Then it comes back, only now she simply doesn't have it in her to go through what is necessary to get rid of it completely. Talking about removal of the bowel and more. She's decided that its best to try and slow it down as much as possible, but seemingly accepted that its a matter of time since trying to get rid of it would ruin what's left of her life even if it worked.

Think I'd probably do the same at 80 years old to be honest. You kinda expect poor health at that age, but to beat it in her late 70s, only for it to redevelop when its already taken its toll on her...

What a twat of a disease.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: November 26, 2015, 03:29:04 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully they have found it early enough.

Sorry to hear that. 

Sorry to hear this mate, lost my grandad to it, Horrible, horrible disease hope they have found it early enough.

Thanks for the words guys .  Were waiting on results.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2067 on: November 26, 2015, 03:34:02 pm »
Yep

My Nan had it a couple of years ago, did chemo along with complications (lost weight, constant sickness and fatigue), it went into remission. Back to normal for a year or so. Then it comes back, only now she simply doesn't have it in her to go through what is necessary to get rid of it completely. Talking about removal of the bowel and more. She's decided that its best to try and slow it down as much as possible, but seemingly accepted that its a matter of time since trying to get rid of it would ruin what's left of her life even if it worked.

Think I'd probably do the same at 80 years old to be honest. You kinda expect poor health at that age, but to beat it in her late 70s, only for it to redevelop when its already taken its toll on her...

My Dads a similar age and hes just got out of hospital and wend straight to the pub.  Its understandable. 
My Mum fought Breast Cancer a few years ago. She was late 50's at the time.  The chemo worked and shes now free of it, however the Chemo really fucked her up and shes not really recovered. Good luck mate. 

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2068 on: November 27, 2015, 06:18:32 am »
Yep

Similar thing happened to me Dad. Got Leukemia. Beat it after 9 months first time round. Only for it to come back 4 years later more aggressive then ever to finish him off. He simply didn't have the fight left in him second time round. It was horrible to see him waste away like that.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #2069 on: November 28, 2015, 09:30:40 pm »
A good friend of mine for decades has just lost his wife tonight..  :'(   .... Sleep tight Dianne.... you will be sadly missed...
about 3 weeks ago she had a bad tummy, nothing major.... turns out she had stomach cancer.. really really nice people, together over 40 years.. kids & grandchildren too...
i know you don't know them but i feel a bit better letting it out... had some great times over the years... still in shock.. RIP Dianne...  :butt
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #2070 on: November 29, 2015, 07:31:53 am »
Horrible stuff mate, I feel for your mate and his family.

RIP Diane.

I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2071 on: November 29, 2015, 08:24:58 am »
RIP Diane, so sad to hear :(

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #2072 on: November 29, 2015, 10:52:55 pm »
Thanks for the replies ... That's the thing about this site/forum.. if it's a piss take or info needed, or a heartfelt few words needed... we can rely on each other.
Thanks again... Hixx  :'(
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2073 on: December 7, 2015, 11:53:08 pm »
My thoughts are with everyone. Those who have lost loved ones and those who are fighting this horrible disease.

Stay strong and keep fighting.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2074 on: December 9, 2015, 02:10:58 am »
Had stage 2 reconstruction on my nose today (nasal flap division), using skin from my cheek. Looks ok, all done under local anesthetic though, must have had 10 needles around my nose/cheek area!

Stitches out next week, then hopefully if the new skin has 'taken' just a healing process.

As I said in the Skin cancer thread I started(sorry wasn't aware of this existing thread!) I'm lucky the type of
cancer I had (BCC) does not spread from the primary site, which was the side of nose.

Also to those who didn't see my previous post, BCC is a form of cancer mainly caused by over exposure to the sun/sunbeds.I was a bit unlucky on that front cos I'm not fan of the hot weather or used a sunbed in my life, but it is a warning to anyone on here (or their family and friends) who may over do their time in the sun etc.

If you do develop any small spots or lesions that continually scab over but refuse to heal get them checked out, a biopsy will quickly confirm whether they suspect a BCC, that's what I did, so get to your doctor without hesitation if you have such signs/symptoms.

The surgery I underwent was called a MOHS procedure and the staff that carried it out at St Helens Hospital where brilliant every step of the way.

So take it from me, though not life threatening this has not been a pleasant experience, and I will have a couple of nifty scars on my face as a result of it, so just beware in the sun!

Thanks for the support I received in response to my previous post by the way...much appreciated and I return that support to anybody else who either themselves or people close to them have gone through any kind of episode of cancer, my thoughts are with you.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2015, 08:14:18 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2075 on: January 11, 2016, 06:21:32 pm »
Long story but will keep it short....Brother diagnosed with skin cancer in November but still waiting on a biopsy which is occurring next week. Looks pretty serious as has apparently 20 spots around his body at this stage, foolishly ignored early signs but still hoping for the best. His wife wants him to go the States as she thinks the local treatment in Ireland is a joke. Im concerned she is jumping the gun as should give the local Dr a chance especially considering they wont have medical coverage in the States so any costs come straight out of pocket. They are struggling financially but fully understand their wishes for immediate care. Any advise would be welcome. Thanks
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2076 on: January 12, 2016, 12:38:32 pm »
Has he been given any indication on what type of cancer it is? There are three main types of skin cancer. You have basal cell carcinoma (which my mother had and still has flare ups of) and squamous cell carcinoma. These two cancers are much more treatable compared to a melanoma but that is also treatable in many cases. Given that you said it looks pretty serious I'm thinking that it could be a melanoma but as I said I'm wondering if he has been given an idea on what it might be.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2077 on: January 12, 2016, 02:05:55 pm »
Thanks for the input as he & his wife says its basal cell carcinoma. I have had that myself but caught it early but his seems to be spreading as they were discussing it "spidering" into his jaw. There is different stages to skin cancer and They have sent pics to a Dr in California where she is from. He is very concerned but without a biopsy its all guesswork at the moment. I told her not to panic and at least get a biopsy here in Ireland in the next two weeks but she wants to go to the US immediately and get it treated.

All well & good if they were wealthy but Im afraid they will get into massive debt. At least with a biopsy they will have more information in hand and better prepared to make a decision. As I said she has no faith in the Irish health system but Im not sure the US is any better especially if they find out that his is very treatable here. She is definitely panicking but just hope the brother can take a deep breath, get his results here before he makes the next big decision.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2078 on: January 15, 2016, 10:26:35 pm »
If I wanted a full body check of all my moles could my GP do this? Or would I have to go private?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2079 on: January 16, 2016, 08:49:02 pm »
Celine Dion just lost her brother to cancer, only days after her husband died of the same thing.  Damn.

Popcorn's Art