Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1397179 times)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #14160 on: April 28, 2024, 02:48:38 pm »
No it from all players getting it. Opta has at it .17 which makes sense for a header like 10 yards out where the player reaching for it

I know. But who are the players who most often shoot from 0.17 type places? Forwards. There's this weird idea going around, in quite a few places, that forwards should over perform xG and this is just another example.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14161 on: April 28, 2024, 10:18:29 pm »
I know. But who are the players who most often shoot from 0.17 type places? Forwards. There's this weird idea going around, in quite a few places, that forwards should over perform xG and this is just another example.
PPL think every big chance=goals when they just not case.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #14162 on: April 29, 2024, 05:08:09 am »
Bradley is currently playing with the fire and commitment that an early Trent had.

I watch him a lot, and he has basically turned into a wannabee Xabi Alonso, with the work rate of Big Jan.

As someone has  said previously I believe we are now playing a style to accommodate him, and its detrimental primarily to Konate, and also to Salah. I honestly cannot remember a game this year or most of last year where Trent was stretching defences for Salah (or himself) to exploit. Bradley is performing that function of bombing up the pitch but doesn't have the delivery/vision/composure of Trent.

I see the benefit of his long passing ability but it really is the opposite of how Mac Allister plays, with his vertical passing. Great to have the options, but probably quite difficult on the forwards.

For me, the bottom line is that were not currently good enough to be having a right back who ranks his defensive duties as second to "his" preferred role as a midfield distributor.

Very insightful post, this.

Hopefully Arne has a new plan. Surely, a key interview question that led to his nabbing the head coach job.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14163 on: April 29, 2024, 07:49:03 pm »
Very insightful post, this.

Hopefully Arne has a new plan. Surely, a key interview question that led to his nabbing the head coach job.

Ive just read that Slot like the right defender to drift into midfield, and to have wingers that bomb up and down the pitch. So I reckon Trent will keep his role, but we'll either play Diaz on the right, or bring in a new right winger, or both. Salah I think doesn't have the energy any more to play that role.

Bradley will continue to swap with Trent.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14164 on: Yesterday at 09:44:44 am »
Now might be the time to say fuck it and get him higher up the pitch entirely. Get Nunez receiving the ball as close to goal as possible. If we think he can be KDB get him in that right hand channel rather than trying to break lines into a 9 with no first touch.

Gomez at RB, Mac and a 6 slightly deeper.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14165 on: Yesterday at 09:54:55 am »
Now might be the time to say fuck it and get him higher up the pitch entirely. Get Nunez receiving the ball as close to goal as possible. If we think he can be KDB get him in that right hand channel rather than trying to break lines into a 9 with no first touch.

Problem is when has he ever shown he can be the type of guy who receives the ball in between the lines like De Bruyne does? He’s never looked like he’s got the skill set to play on the half turn, especially that high up the pitch. He’s always looked most comfortable with the play in front of him.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #14166 on: Yesterday at 01:11:01 pm »

It has to happen if we ever wanna fully unlock him and hide his weaknesses as much as possible.

Online Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14167 on: Yesterday at 08:33:42 pm »
Problem is when has he ever shown he can be the type of guy who receives the ball in between the lines like De Bruyne does? He’s never looked like he’s got the skill set to play on the half turn, especially that high up the pitch. He’s always looked most comfortable with the play in front of him.

I think he’s been pretty good at it when inverted especially early on, but also yeah having him wider should afford more space than him at a 6 or 10.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14168 on: Yesterday at 08:54:03 pm »
Elephant in the room... what the fuck is going on with his contract?

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14169 on: Yesterday at 09:54:10 pm »

At this point, he may as well wait and see what the new manager has in store for him, but I have been convinced since last summer that he is running down his contract.

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14170 on: Yesterday at 10:03:20 pm »
Isnt he on 200k a week on his current contract? Does he want 300k to 400k on a new contract?

I dont think he deserves to be on that kind of money. He should be below VVD and Alisson wages wise in my opinion. I dont see FSG offering over 300k a week on TAA next deal. Going to be some fireworks in the summer i think.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14171 on: Yesterday at 10:06:33 pm »
Isnt he on 200k a week on his current contract? Does he want 300k to 400k on a new contract?

I dont think he deserves to be on that kind of money. He should be below VVD and Alisson wages wise in my opinion. I dont see FSG offering over 300k a week on TAA next deal. Going to be some fireworks in the summer i think.

He's a world class player and deserves a wage to represent that. Was one of our best players this season before picking up an injury.

He's a local lad and that a bargaining chip for him too. And rightly so.

Pay him what it takes and just accept that's what top clubs do to keep their best players, more so for their best local in our case.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14172 on: Yesterday at 10:27:30 pm »
Best I can figure, the highest paid full back in the division is Reece James at £250,000/a week followed by Luke Shaw at £250k, Chilwell at £190k and Trent at £180k. I'd be surprised if the club goes any higher than the top end of that given he isn't an automatic first choice at right back or midfield at this point. But then, maybe they'll weigh the likelihood of wages continuing to rise with the possibility he gets better under a new manager.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #14173 on: Yesterday at 10:34:31 pm »
At this point, he may as well wait and see what the new manager has in store for him, but I have been convinced since last summer that he is running down his contract.

Shite any players doing that after everything the club have given them but even worse when it’s a local lad who stops the club getting maximum value for them.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14174 on: Yesterday at 10:43:01 pm »
I think that's the problem. There is no room left to put a desk and lay the contract on it. They first have to get the elephant out.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14175 on: Yesterday at 10:43:35 pm »
There are enough ordinary players that are not good enough

He is not one
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14176 on: Today at 06:34:26 am »
Is it a crime to be of the opinion that if the right offer comes along in the summer, we should be looking at selling him and using the proceeds to fund the team rebuild.
Yes, his vision and passing are really good and is an offensive weapon for the team. But it seems that he has reached the maximum of his potential,  after many years in the first team, work rate have gone down and defensive frailty don't show any signs of improvement

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #14177 on: Today at 07:02:32 am »
I'm hoping for Bradley at right back with Trent partnered  with a DM in a 2 and Mac in an attacking three behind the main striker.

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #14178 on: Today at 07:33:52 am »
I honestly think there’s something in the Madrid rumours, I hope I’m wrong but just have a feeling he might end up there.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #14179 on: Today at 07:39:44 am »
I honestly think there’s something in the Madrid rumours, I hope I’m wrong but just have a feeling he might end up there.

Naw. We need to play to his strengths and hide his weaknesses. He is world class and still young. You build around him rather than sell him on.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14180 on: Today at 12:10:02 pm »
Shite any players doing that after everything the club have given them but even worse when it’s a local lad who stops the club getting maximum value for them.

I get where you are coming from, but I think that situations such as this one are a lot trickier than they may seem on the outside. Trent is a local lad, but he could have always had ambitions to play for a Real Madrid or a Barcelona, because a lot of players do. The problem for him could be that he is a homegrown talent in his current team who plays predominantly as a right back, so his price must be significantly higher than near enough all of the other options that the interested clubs would have. If he wanted to fulfil such a dream, then it could be that his only option is to make it happen on a free transfer. What I would say is that the only acceptable course of action if he was to go about things that way would be to communicate early on to the club that he had no intention of signing an extension, thus giving the club more time to sell him before his contract expires. If the club did not know by now and his intention was to leave, then I would completely agree that it is poor from him.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14181 on: Today at 03:50:03 pm »
I'd imagine Trent wants to sit down with Slot and work out where he fits into the team, from what I've read about Slot he prefers a much shorter passing game, he actively dislikes long speculative passes so Trent as an inverting right back playing hollywood balls is a thing of the past.

Might just be the reset Trent needs to rediscover his defensive game.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #14182 on: Today at 04:52:18 pm »
I'd imagine Trent wants to sit down with Slot and work out where he fits into the team, from what I've read about Slot he prefers a much shorter passing game, he actively dislikes long speculative passes so Trent as an inverting right back playing hollywood balls is a thing of the past.

Might just be the reset Trent needs to rediscover his defensive game.
The shorter passing game is why I think Trent will become one of the three attacking midfielders (probably on the right side) next season, assuming he is here. Feyenoord play plenty of speculative crosses.

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14183 on: Today at 04:58:06 pm »
Any discussion about Trent's future tactically is pointless as long as he has 1 year left on his contract. Is there any possibility that he is NOT running his contract down?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14184 on: Today at 05:02:22 pm »
The shorter passing game is why I think Trent will become one of the three attacking midfielders (probably on the right side) next season, assuming he is here. Feyenoord play plenty of speculative crosses.

Yep if one player could adapt to any tactical set up it's Trent.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14185 on: Today at 05:06:01 pm »
Getting a new manager might be for the best for Trent. I'm sure Trent loves Klopp to death, but it's all he's known at Liverpool. Maybe a new voice and some ideas could get him reignited a bit.