Author Topic: Moving to Liverpool  (Read 17009 times)

Offline Corbykop

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Moving to Liverpool
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2023, 07:59:57 am »
Well, as others have said this is a great topic and very helpful for anyone with similar plans of moving to the city and I remember there was an article in the Echo not so long ago on this very subject but the info supplied was nowhere near as good as these posts have been.

It's great to see everyone chipping in with great advice and personal experiences a real community spirit!

The feedback from the guys who have moved to Liverpool has been brilliant and I'm also looking myself to live in the city for only part of the year as we're retired and so can be flexible but I'll certainly use these pages for reference as I'm sure many people will in the future.

Thanks for all your input

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2024, 01:37:16 pm »
Hey guys!  :wave

If you or someone you know is looking to move to Liverpool, I found this great link for finding long-term accommodation: REMOVED LINK I AM NOT DOING ADVERTISING FOR ANYBODY
 It seems like a handy platform that could make your house hunting a bit easier. Check it out and maybe you'll find the perfect place for you and Dobby! 🏠🐾

Your first and only post?

You work for them don't you
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 03:54:07 pm by ToneLa »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2024, 01:47:27 pm »
Your first and only post?

You work for them don't you

Well spotted.

The RAWK surveillance squad on the job.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2024, 12:38:03 am »
I'm into my 6th year in Manchester (see my Klopp post for more on that) - Liverpool prob one of the only places I'd leave for.  Seems pretty expensive now to buy or rent there now though, almost on a par with round here. Fact or fiction?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2024, 08:44:32 am »
I'm into my 6th year in Manchester (see my Klopp post for more on that) - Liverpool prob one of the only places I'd leave for.  Seems pretty expensive now to buy or rent there now though, almost on a par with round here. Fact or fiction?

There was a financial piece I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that went through the costs of living around the UK. 

It focused on the percentage of salary left after paying rent or a mortgage and the average salary for each place and I think Liverpool came out quite favourably.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2024, 12:07:56 pm »

Unless it's really changed in the last two years, house prices in Liverpool were a lot cheaper than Manchester. I could depend on the areas.you are comparing?

Maybe rents are more similar though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2024, 12:26:26 pm »
Yeah as with most places it will depend on the areas you're comparing. Certain areas of Manc have risen quite rapidly, but then so have some of Liverpool.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2024, 03:25:07 pm »
Yeah as with most places it will depend on the areas you're comparing. Certain areas of Manc have risen quite rapidly, but then so have some of Liverpool.

Its absolutely mental by ours, stupid prices. My Dad bought a 2 up and 2 down in Old Swan a couple of years ago, paid about £80k for it, same by ours is £250k
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2024, 12:09:57 pm »
Where's good for a suit?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2024, 12:38:32 pm »
Where's good for a suit?

Suit of leather sofas, behind the fence in the bushes by ours. Free of charge, but might need a clean, been there a few years.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2024, 03:20:34 pm »
Where's good for a suit?

Is slaters still going?
They were good for alterations etc. and loads of choice too

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2024, 05:27:45 pm »

Is slaters still going?
They were good for alterations etc. and loads of choice too

Yeah my lad got one last week , free alterations and the best customer service you’ll see today

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2024, 06:20:35 pm »
Yeah my lad got one last week , free alterations and the best customer service you’ll see today

Good to know, I have to get one on Saturday.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: Yesterday at 06:52:09 am »
Where's good for a suit?
For the funeral you might find a decent on in Next in Speke mate. Buy one you can re-use, it doesn't have to be black and I never wear a black tie at a funeral.