18 (5.9%)
Club and Country Equally Important
14 (4.6%)
Country a bit more important than Club
4 (1.3%)
Country MUCH MORE important than Club
10 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 304

Author Topic: Club v Country (Football)  (Read 5482 times)

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
Re: Club v Country (Football)
« Reply #80 on: March 2, 2012, 01:07:38 am »
Club 100%. Going to Euro 2012 to support Ireland aswell though.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #81 on: March 2, 2012, 01:26:58 am »
Some people would want to get over themselves, its a persons own choice who they support, its a football team for Christ sake.

Club 100%. Going to Euro 2012 to support Ireland aswell though.
Ireland were there first for me so they got first dibs.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #82 on: March 2, 2012, 02:57:47 am »
Where's the option for Everton v Club?   ;)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #83 on: March 2, 2012, 03:28:37 am »
Without the country, the club wouldn't have the player.

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #84 on: March 2, 2012, 03:46:26 am »

That goes either way. Without the club, the country wouldn't many, if any players worth anything.
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 2, 2012, 01:56:09 pm »
A bit OTT, have the gripe with the manager not the team. I can understand other reasons not to support England, but thats ridiculous.

I can just about muster luke-warm support for England at the best of times, I just don't care one way or another.  I support Gerrard, Downing, Johnson, Carroll etc and want them to do well in an England shirt.  If Stevie was captain, I'd support him, I just have no feelings about England, I don't feel part of it, they are almost as "them" as Italy, France, Argentina etc.  At the World Cup, I supported England because Gerrard was captain and Carra was in the squad but was most excited watching Slovakia beating Italy, the plucky underdogs beating Italy with Skrtel in the side.  When I watch international football, I am mostly hoping that none of our players gets injured - again.  So when Pearce bizarrely favoured Parker over Gerrard for the captaincy, yes, I was hoping Kuyt would score a hat-trick.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 2, 2012, 01:59:25 pm »

Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #87 on: March 2, 2012, 02:09:54 pm »
Where's the option for Everton v Club?   ;)

:)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #88 on: March 2, 2012, 02:30:56 pm »
I can just about muster luke-warm support for England at the best of times, I just don't care one way or another.  I support Gerrard, Downing, was most excited watching Slovakia beating Italy, the plucky underdogs beating Italy with Skrtel in the side. 
So we can count on your support this summer, we'll give you bang for your underdog buck.