Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 337107 times)

Offline Fighting Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I wouldn't ride her into battle !!!
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #1640 on: March 3, 2015, 09:46:01 pm »
O'Neills it was, great day/night.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1641 on: March 7, 2015, 12:17:23 am »
Went to the Dispensary on Renshaw Street today. I'd heard the manager was a bit weird but Jesus Christ, the man is a psycopath. I had guests from Italy with me and I was utterly embarrassed. How the fuck the man hasn't had his head kicked in is beyond me.

:lmao

What did he do?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1642 on: March 26, 2015, 02:25:28 pm »
Not so much 'in town'.

The Oakie has sat closed, tinned up and unloved for about five years now.

Anyone notice recently that it's had a facelift?

It's had it's pub lettering repaired and repainted, and the whole outside has had a lick of paint.

Is it already reopened?  or Is the Oakie about to reopen as a viable pub again?  Looks like.

If the building had been bought for another reason, then they wouldn't retain the pub signage on the outside. They certainly wouldn't carefully paint around that signage, and tart it up, thats for sure.

Top pic 2011.
Bottom pic this morning.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:27:17 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1643 on: March 27, 2015, 03:05:26 pm »
Yep, noticed that the other week. Hopefully it is getting reopened becuase it was a decent matchday pub, always thought it was a shame it was lying empty.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #1644 on: March 28, 2015, 12:39:23 am »
Hope so, always enjoyed going in there.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1645 on: March 28, 2015, 10:35:16 am »
It'll be open in approx 3 weeks. Tammy and Mick from The King Charles will be running it. From what i've heard the two rooms are now one internally.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1646 on: March 28, 2015, 11:07:20 am »
It'll be open in approx 3 weeks. Tammy and Mick from The King Charles will be running it. From what i've heard the two rooms are now one internally.

Great news.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1647 on: March 28, 2015, 11:40:22 am »

Boss news, great to see a pub opening as opposed to closing!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #1648 on: May 14, 2015, 07:21:33 pm »
Right convinced a lad to have his stag here first weekend in June . Was after pints obviously and I was bigging up the place . About 10 of us arriving mid day on a Saturday early 30s , so be greatful if anyone has suggestions for the 2 nights , personally Id be happy in Rileys for the two days but thats just me . Know the obvious spots mattew st and concert sq but never been in the Ship and Mitre .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: May 14, 2015, 08:00:04 pm »
The Ship & Mitre is a beer drinkers heavenly emporium.

It has everything.  :hally

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: May 14, 2015, 09:00:29 pm »
Haha cool , and what time is kicking out time , night club near by ?

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: May 14, 2015, 11:18:55 pm »
The Ship & Mitre Opening Times:
 Monday 10am – 11pm
 Tuesday 10am – 11pm
 Wednesday 10am – 11pm
 Thursday 10am – 12am
 Friday 10am – 12am
 Saturday 10am – 12am
 Sunday 11am – 11pm

http://www.theshipandmitre.com/

You are but five minutes walk from numerous clubs, in the Dale Street area.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:22:37 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1652 on: May 14, 2015, 11:28:21 pm »
Haha cool , and what time is kicking out time , night club near by ?

Yeah as Richie says Dale St is just up the road and you've got a lot of options there. A minute or two from there is Victoria St with a lot of popular bars as well. You can't go far wrong around there.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: May 14, 2015, 11:58:22 pm »
Right convinced a lad to have his stag here first weekend in June . Was after pints obviously and I was bigging up the place . About 10 of us arriving mid day on a Saturday early 30s , so be greatful if anyone has suggestions for the 2 nights , personally Id be happy in Rileys for the two days but thats just me . Know the obvious spots mattew st and concert sq but never been in the Ship and Mitre .

Ship & Mitre and Dale Street in general is great for a daytime session. Plenty of pubs round there and most of them are good.

Personally I'd avoid Victoria Street/Mathew Street altogether as I think they're dreadful, I'd get taxis from Dale Street and go to the Seel Street area, by far the best area of town and go to some of the bars round there. Maybe go a bit earlier on and start in Brewdog.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: May 15, 2015, 12:45:54 am »
Yeah like Seel street , cheers lads , nightclubs then with say ith  music by  Oasis Beatles Nirvana etc is there any around . Oh and they might want a nosh as well to keep some bit sober early Saturday night any recommendations .

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #1655 on: May 15, 2015, 09:10:56 am »
Oh and they might want a nosh as well to keep some bit sober early Saturday night any recommendations .

Plenty of brasses down by the Royal Hospital mate. :)

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: May 15, 2015, 11:26:39 am »
nightclubs then with say ith  music by  Oasis Beatles Nirvana etc is there any around .

Mojo, just off Seel Street on Back Berry Street. If you can't find it just ask anyone around there where Mojo is. It's a bar not a club, no charge to get in but always packed and has the feel of a club when it's busy, it sounds like you'll enjoy the music. Friendly atmosphere there and always a good night at the weekend.

For food, if you're round that area then Tribeca is a decent shout, they only do pizzas but they're really nice and not expensive.

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1657 on: May 21, 2015, 06:23:02 am »
Does anyone remember a club called the Havana in town? This would have been in the seventies I suppose. It was proper dodgy. We used to go there because they were open after the pubs closed and it wasn't a poser place, just a late night boozer really.

I don't think it had a sign and people knew it by word of mouth. I remember it had a steel door (classy!) that you had to knock on. A big black geezer would open the door, look you and your mates up and down and decide whether or not to let you in. He wasn't too fussy. Me and my deadbeat mates always got in.

I've no idea if it was even properly licensed. If you didn't know about it you'd walk straight past as from the outside there was nothing to suggest a bar was in full flow behind a nondescript steel door

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: May 25, 2015, 05:15:56 am »
That Disco in the bombed out church looks decent for the young ones

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: July 5, 2015, 06:23:14 pm »
Had a few in the Blind Tiger last night on Seel Street, got to admit was impressed. The courtyard was decent, waitress service brought out the ale and praw crackers (the owners described it in the Echo as an Asian Speakeasy'

Defo worth a visit.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1660 on: July 5, 2015, 06:27:36 pm »
Had a few in the Blind Tiger last night on Seel Street, got to admit was impressed. The courtyard was decent, waitress service brought out the ale and praw crackers (the owners described it in the Echo as an Asian Speakeasy'

Defo worth a visit.

How much is the ale?

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: July 5, 2015, 06:31:09 pm »
How much is the ale?

I honestly cant remember, me and my mate had about 3 pints each plus some prawn crackers and it come to about £25, so I reckon about £3.50 a pint.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1662 on: July 5, 2015, 07:20:34 pm »
I honestly cant remember, me and my mate had about 3 pints each plus some prawn crackers and it come to about £25, so I reckon about £3.50 a pint.

It's a bit pricey la.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: July 5, 2015, 09:12:14 pm »
It's a bit pricey la.

It is to be fair, probably best only for a couple or to make a good impression etc.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #1664 on: July 5, 2015, 09:35:17 pm »
What are people`s feelings when it comes to The Raz(aka The Blue Angel) here?

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: July 5, 2015, 10:16:13 pm »
Loved it when I was student but haven't been in years. Didn't it get 'done up' a few years ago?

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: July 6, 2015, 12:59:32 pm »
Loved it when I was student but haven't been in years. Didn't it get 'done up' a few years ago?

I spent literally 10 years trying to get into this bloody place only to get turned away for not being a student time after time, in the end me and some girl were on a night out after work and ended up in there - I was gutted, nothing special whatsoever. Massive bubble had been burst. That was in 2008 and havent been back since.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: July 6, 2015, 01:16:52 pm »
used to love it in its hey day.dont know what it is like now.used to get rammed and play cheesy music.70 pence a pint and quid  for doubles.always had a good night.Went back once a few years ago.too old for it now .its a dive but we always had a good night in there
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: July 6, 2015, 02:24:16 pm »
What are people`s feelings when it comes to The Raz(aka The Blue Angel) here?

Soul destroying if you're sober in there. I love how people I know have a specific pair of "raz shoes" because they get so ruined by the place in there. Cheap as hell, but people shitting on toilet seats, drinking glasses of piss and waiting half an hour for a drink kill it off.

Good night though, not many other places to have fun for that cheap
« Last Edit: July 6, 2015, 02:25:53 pm by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: July 12, 2015, 12:01:01 pm »
What's the best pub in town for a game of pool? We're planning an all day sesh next Saturday and fancy a few games of pool in the afternoon.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: July 12, 2015, 03:17:41 pm »
Pool tables in town upto about 18 months ago, to my knowledge -  can't say I've been in some of these for a few years though, so may have changed/been refurbed/shut down.

The pen and Wig.
The Penny Farthing.
The Flute.
The Lisbon.
Jupiters.
The Hannover/McCartneys
McHales/Shamrock bar
Picturehouse.
Hope and Anchor/Scream
Durty Nelly's
Vauxhall Vaults.
Glass House. (Vauxhall Rd)

The Beirkeller?

.... and I'm sure there's one ot two I've forgotten, or newer premisses that have been refurbed or newly opened.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: July 12, 2015, 07:48:28 pm »
Pool tables in town upto about 18 months ago, to my knowledge -  can't say I've been in some of these for a few years though, so may have changed/been refurbed/shut down.

The pen and Wig.
The Penny Farthing.
The Flute.
The Lisbon.
Jupiters.
The Hannover/McCartneys
McHales/Shamrock bar
Picturehouse.
Hope and Anchor/Scream
Durty Nelly's
Vauxhall Vaults.
Glass House. (Vauxhall Rd)

The Beirkeller?

.... and I'm sure there's one ot two I've forgotten, or newer premisses that have been refurbed or newly opened.

If your up that end of town, The Cross Keys has a pool table, plus being a Saturday should be empty as its in the commercial district.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #1672 on: July 13, 2015, 09:08:51 am »
Rack and Dollar on Berry Street, British and American tables. £6 for the hour

Offline Juliman

• Kopite
« Reply #1673 on: July 16, 2015, 11:28:58 pm »
I usually play at either Hope & Anchor or Rack & Dollar, but Riley's is surely your best bet to get a table

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: July 26, 2015, 07:59:16 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpools-top-24-pubs---6502831?ICID

What are yer thoughts on this guide . Is that the famous Dispensery ye chat about
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:01:45 pm by legendkiller »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1675 on: July 27, 2015, 09:59:25 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpools-top-24-pubs---6502831?ICID

What are yer thoughts on this guide . Is that the famous Dispensery ye chat about

yep, decent list that...although I'd have included the Grapes on Roscoe Street and the Vernon Arms.....and yes, that is the much maligned Dispensary....so devil-incarnate Dave must be doing something right
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #1676 on: July 29, 2015, 04:21:51 pm »
PK`s my favourite.

Offline ElectroFunkLad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1677 on: July 29, 2015, 08:06:08 pm »
The Edinburgh in Wavertree is great

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: August 21, 2015, 09:39:16 am »
Does anyone know if either The Oxford, or the Augustus John are still open? Also, with the John being a student pub does it close over Christmas?

Random I know but starting to plan our works pub crawl.

Offline Kelwell

• Main Stander
  • We are the famous, the famous Kopites
« Reply #1679 on: August 26, 2015, 12:05:11 pm »
The Oxford isn't but the AJ is.

The Cambridge is over the side of Abercromby Square and that's open.