Author Topic: Cable/sat tv boxes  (Read 553079 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cable/sat tv boxes
« Reply #2600 on: September 29, 2016, 11:55:57 am »
Can imagine how pissed off that had you  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You have no idea mate. From my first post a few weeks back comparing a box on eBay to a box direct from the zgemma site, he's been a nightmare. I never once thought to ask him has he got the ethernet cable plugged in, as I wrongly assumed he had the sense to do that. God knows how many times he has mentioned his 'BT Home Hub 5' router. But only told me yesterday he's going to try plugging the ethernet cable in to see if it helps  ;D ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2601 on: September 29, 2016, 03:46:29 pm »
You have no idea mate. From my first post a few weeks back comparing a box on eBay to a box direct from the zgemma site, he's been a nightmare. I never once thought to ask him has he got the ethernet cable plugged in, as I wrongly assumed he had the sense to do that. God knows how many times he has mentioned his 'BT Home Hub 5' router. But only told me yesterday he's going to try plugging the ethernet cable in to see if it helps  ;D ;D

That's a fucking classic that, Jesus  ;D

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2602 on: October 3, 2016, 07:37:41 pm »
My satellite line has died and the providers website disappeared. Can anyone recommend a good one? PM me, cheers.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #2603 on: October 11, 2016, 12:43:10 pm »
Could anyone recommend me a good sky server please. need for my Zgemma sky tuner. already got cable but not sure on whos a good provider for sky, there so many so wondered if someone could name theres. PM me please.

Thanks
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2604 on: October 11, 2016, 01:06:24 pm »
I need a bit of tech help if anyone can assist.
I'm sacking the sky off,what can i get as an alternative? Can i use my existing dish cables to use another type of box?
I've looked at Freesat PVR's but obiously i cant get the channels that i would normally watch on my sky sub.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2605 on: October 11, 2016, 03:36:32 pm »
I need a bit of tech help if anyone can assist.
I'm sacking the sky off,what can i get as an alternative? Can i use my existing dish cables to use another type of box?
I've looked at Freesat PVR's but obiously i cant get the channels that i would normally watch on my sky sub.

Zgemma H2.s from zgemma.co.uk, flash an image, add a sub, connect to your dish and router.
sorted.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2606 on: October 11, 2016, 04:49:22 pm »
Zgemma H2.s from zgemma.co.uk, flash an image, add a sub, connect to your dish and router.
sorted.

Sounds a bit long winded to me!! Is it easy to do/set up?

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2607 on: October 11, 2016, 04:51:01 pm »
Takes 10 minutes mate. If that.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2608 on: October 11, 2016, 04:52:02 pm »
Takes 10 minutes mate. If that.

Can i get all the set up info from the Zgemma website?

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2610 on: October 11, 2016, 07:14:18 pm »
Can i get all the set up info from the Zgemma website?

There's a thread on techkings with step by step instructions on how to install wooshbuild on a Zgemma. If you've never done it before, it will take you longer than 10 minutes. It will seem quite daunting at first, but it is literally step by step instructions. Do exactly what it says, and you can't go wrong.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2611 on: October 11, 2016, 09:47:58 pm »
There's a thread on techkings with step by step instructions on how to install wooshbuild on a Zgemma. If you've never done it before, it will take you longer than 10 minutes. It will seem quite daunting at first, but it is literally step by step instructions. Do exactly what it says, and you can't go wrong.
I am doing the same for a friend.  After installing wooshbuild on the new box, can I then proceed to install the slyk skin???

Edit: Or is wooshbuild the sly skin? Sort of lost!!
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: October 11, 2016, 10:16:08 pm »
Wooshbuild gives you the sky skin

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2613 on: October 12, 2016, 08:26:45 am »
Your assistance has been much appreciated,thanks all

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #2614 on: October 14, 2016, 12:46:59 pm »
Guys,

My missus has just walked in with a Roku box from Argos after being to her friends and seeing they had one, what if anything can I do with this, never heard of it before, can I get KODI on to it?, can I get a sky sub to it?

Any suggestions would be great and much appreciated
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2615 on: October 14, 2016, 02:06:52 pm »
Personally, i'd tell her to get a refund and get an amazon fire stick.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #2616 on: October 14, 2016, 02:25:34 pm »
Already got one on order mate so just looking at what use this Roku stick maybe to us lol, I'm guessing not much ha
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: October 14, 2016, 07:46:22 pm »
if i get this box http://www.zgemma.co.uk/Sat-Cable-Terrestrial?product_id=60

can i plug it in to my existing (virgin) cable and then i just need a sub?

and if i just need a sub can someone point me in the direction of one.  :wave
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:50:53 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2618 on: October 14, 2016, 08:48:56 pm »
if i get this box http://www.zgemma.co.uk/Sat-Cable-Terrestrial?product_id=60

can i plug it in to my existing (virgin) cable and then i just need a sub?

and if i just need a sub can someone point me in the direction of one.  :wave

Yeah mate, just flash it and add a sub ( provided your virgin connection is live )

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: October 15, 2016, 06:08:13 am »
Yeah mate, just flash it and add a sub ( provided your virgin connection is live )

if my box is the Zgemma Star H.2H which flash image do i need this? > WOOSHBUILD V4.001 2S + BASEBUILD - Downloads

I've just seen at the bottom of his post he says
  Zgemma H2H
WooshBuild v3.03 was the last available version for the Zgemma H2H. Due to not being able to support the H2H I highly recommend that all H2H users flash an excellent alternative to WooshBuild by dsayers2014. Please visit dsayers2014 OpenATV image for the h2h with one set of bouquets for full instructions.

however dsayers says his is for cable and sat so looks like i can't use that method, have to use this > http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/94055-biohead-image-openatv-5-3-vskin-cable-only.html

doesn't look very thorough, for example
   Get your line on. Image uses MGcamd, so newcamd.list format required (CWS =)
FTP your newcamd.list in to /usr/keys     

that's gobbledygook too me, means nothing. then where people are asking for test line's there going on about clines, nlines etc, one again mean's nothing.

thought i'd found an alternative but appears that only supports H1, and wooshman has stopped supporting h2h he said.

so basically no steup guides for the h2h?

too confusing this.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:51:20 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2620 on: October 15, 2016, 06:58:38 am »

Switching to BT next week, do they keep the line live or is that it?
:D

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #2621 on: October 15, 2016, 09:06:48 am »
Switching to BT next week, do they keep the line live or is that it?
Usually kept live. We switched from cable 5 years ago. Line is still live.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2622 on: October 18, 2016, 10:56:14 am »
Anybody know how to use two different lines for virgin from two different people in mgcamd?

So if one fails or freezes the second one can back it up

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2623 on: October 18, 2016, 05:05:48 pm »
Anybody know how to use two different lines for virgin from two different people in mgcamd?

So if one fails or freezes the second one can back it up

Just enter both sets of line details above each other in the same newcamd.list file.

Should have absolutely no issues with glitching with a decent virgin sub though

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2624 on: October 19, 2016, 04:43:57 am »
What's the difference between the Zgemma H2 and the H.2H?

From what I've seen the H.2H has a better CPU and a MicroSD slot, is that all? So if you're not fussed about that there's a H2 image on this thread and you're away http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/103010-wooshbuild-v4-x-zgemma-h2s-2s-s-openatv-5-3-a.html

Usually kept live. We switched from cable 5 years ago. Line is still live.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:55:53 am by Kashinoda »

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2625 on: October 19, 2016, 12:23:32 pm »
Just enter both sets of line details above each other in the same newcamd.list file.

Should have absolutely no issues with glitching with a decent virgin sub though

Thanks mate.

Got a really good sub but i always like to have a back up.

Tried entering it one after the other and it didnt seem to work. Lots of post online say you need to enter it as CWS_MULTIPLE, but not sure.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #2626 on: October 19, 2016, 12:24:05 pm »
Is there anyway I can stream sly to my ipad?  I have a zgemma h2 box.

Was hoping to watch the match later while on the xbox! :)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2627 on: October 19, 2016, 01:02:46 pm »
Is there anyway I can stream sly to my ipad?  I have a zgemma h2 box.

Was hoping to watch the match later while on the xbox! :)
Yep. It's called openwebif I think. It's a plugin. Basically you enter the IP address of your box into your browser and you can stream all channels from there.

The plug in came installed on my box so not if you have to get it or what but it's simple.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #2628 on: October 19, 2016, 01:15:15 pm »
Yep. It's called openwebif I think. It's a plugin. Basically you enter the IP address of your box into your browser and you can stream all channels from there.

The plug in came installed on my box so not if you have to get it or what but it's simple.

Ah nice mate, that sounds the ticket!  I don't think I have that on my box tho.  Im using the sucmnsee image, not sure if it comes bundled with that.  Hopefully its not too difficult to install.

Thanks! :)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: October 19, 2016, 01:50:06 pm »
Going to be flogging my Vu+ Duo2 if anybody is interested? Purchased from World of Satellite last September so still go nearly a year warranty left. Also added a 320GB hard drive.

Offline rigoberts schlong

• Main Stander
« Reply #2630 on: October 20, 2016, 09:47:01 am »
Hi guys,sorry for this very naive post but i would really appreciate some basic advice. Am in the process of sacking virgin off and am very interested in one of these all singing and dancing fully loaded boxes.Would i be best advised to keep virgin and downgrade package(for broadband) Does anybody have any suggestions on what is the best box to buy,is there any way of being able to run it in two seperate rooms? Sorry again but i really dont have a bloody clue!!!

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2631 on: October 20, 2016, 12:15:48 pm »
Hi guys,sorry for this very naive post but i would really appreciate some basic advice. Am in the process of sacking virgin off and am very interested in one of these all singing and dancing fully loaded boxes.Would i be best advised to keep virgin and downgrade package(for broadband) Does anybody have any suggestions on what is the best box to buy,is there any way of being able to run it in two seperate rooms? Sorry again but i really dont have a bloody clue!!!

I'm in the same boat mate, in fact BT just finished installing everything.

Your line will remain active (I asked above) so no need to simply downgrade your package, bin them.

The cheapest box you can get is this one, http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/103010-wooshbuild-v4-x-zgemma-h2s-2s-s-openatv-5-3-a.html

You would need to configure it yourself but it's (relatively) simple and  the RAWK lot seem happy to help.

Another thing to note if you're switching, use TopCashBack. I managed to get £105 cashback from switching through them, and BT give you another £125 pre-paid Mastercard.

There are similar deals with Sky but BT seems to be better for Internet really.
https://www.topcashback.co.uk/bt_total_broadband/

Virgin will hassle (aggressively) you to stay with them and offer reduced rates, the lady on the phone went as far as to laugh at me for using a reputable cash-back site. Glad I left. They also kept ringing me with cheaper prices but couldn't match what I'd pay with BT (which worked out at £17 a month for BT Infinity and a phone line, if you factor in cashback and the money BT give you.)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:19:02 pm by Kashinoda »

• Main Stander
« Reply #2632 on: October 21, 2016, 10:55:56 am »
thanks pal.  :)

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: October 21, 2016, 11:18:03 am »
Virgin will hassle (aggressively) you to stay with them and offer reduced rates, the lady on the phone went as far as to laugh at me for using a reputable cash-back site. Glad I left. They also kept ringing me with cheaper prices but couldn't match what I'd pay with BT (which worked out at £17 a month for BT Infinity and a phone line, if you factor in cashback and the money BT give you.)

I left Virgin earlier this year. They didn't really make me a decent offer to stay. I signed up to go to Sky the next month. Virgin then cut off my internet and tv two weeks early, on a Saturday late at night. No-one could reconnect me until Monday, and I was told by Virgin that I needed to cancel the order to transfer my phone number to Sky, and that I needed to phone Sky up to get them to re-issue a request for the number transfer. No-one at Sky knew what they were talking about, and the phone number was transferred across fine. A few days before I left, Virgin phoned up to say I would need to pay up the balance of the contract, I'm assuming on the basis that the re-connection the previous Monday constituted a new 12 month contract, as we'd been with Virgin for over ten years, and not changed the contract for over 12 months. Virgin were a right pain in the arse the whole way through.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: October 21, 2016, 12:13:04 pm »
Already got one on order mate so just looking at what use this Roku stick maybe to us lol, I'm guessing not much ha
You could get a Plex sub for it?

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #2635 on: October 21, 2016, 01:48:02 pm »
Hiya mate,

Would you mind giving me abit more info about that and how I would go about it? Any info would be appreciated

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2636 on: October 21, 2016, 02:13:48 pm »
Hiya mate,

Would you mind giving me abit more info about that and how I would go about it? Any info would be appreciated
Presumably it already has the Plex app on it?  Lots of IPTV providers (quite a few on FB) will provide you with a subscription which links you to their servers and gives you access to live TV and VOD. I forget excatly what the set up is but think once you have the sub you click connect to plex and you get a PIN, send your provider a PIN and they connect you, couple of settings changes and you're good to go. No Epg with it but you can get all the channels, footy, movies, entertainment. I have a sub for my NowTV box which is basically a Roku 3.

The one I use (Aftermath) has been great for TV and the VOD but next to useless for the football on a Saturday lately but I got it cheap and have other means for sports viewing so not that bothered, only got it for TV in the kitchen. I've seen another on here been mentioned (Flawless IPTV) which is supposed to be decent, I'll send you the FB links.

Offline Red Ringo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2637 on: November 3, 2016, 03:05:30 pm »
Just got Zgemma set up, need a good line supplier. Any personal recommendations? ta.

Sorted.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2016, 06:51:54 pm by Red Ringo »

• Main Stander
« Reply #2638 on: November 9, 2016, 10:51:19 am »
How are you finding it pal? Was it straight forward to set up?

Offline Tconroy

• Main Stander
« Reply #2639 on: November 9, 2016, 11:52:08 am »
anyone tell me why iv lost bt sport an a handful of other channels on zgemma h2s? is there a way to do a rescan? and help appreciated