Author Topic: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.  (Read 48582 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2016, 05:37:40 pm »
I've seen the reception accepting orders before, they simply take the parcel, sign for it and put it behind them (or if small enough, in the letter boxes for the students living there), and notify the students by popping in a slip in the letterbox to say they have a parcel. In this case, the delivery was accepted, when it shouldn't have, and I assume whilst sorting out the parcels, the receptionist realised it was meant for the house next door to the flats. I imagine their protocol, with wrong deliveries, would be to ring the courier company and ask for them to collect it. But with our house being right next door, such a protocol would be pretty useless, as it could just be directed to us within 30 seconds. So any guidelines, I'd have thought, would be excusable to ignore in such a scenario. Like I said, I don't see it escalating to such a stage where an employer gets involved. Or if anything, in the past 24 hours, Amazon Logistics could've gotten in touch with the receptionist, who said they handed it over to someone who claimed to live at my address and Amazon came to a decision to issue a refund based on how unreliable that process might be, but not giving shit to the receptionist, as it wasn't meant to be delivered there in the first place, but was.

I understand your points but - are you trying to prove a point with Amazon, or did you just want the money? I mean, if you're trying to 'punish' them for delivering the package to the wrong address in the hope it doesn't happen again then I sort of understand it, but it's pretty standard delivery protocol to deliver to a neighbouring address if the addressee isn't in to accept an order. I regularly have stuff delivered to a neighbour that I then pop over to collect (though normally the delivery company notify me of this with a card). Is there not a chance that the receptionist or someone else would have attempted to deliver your parcel later if your friend had not noticed it and picked it up? And if so, what would have been the problem? As far as I can see the person most at fault was the receptionist for handing over a parcel to a stranger with no proof of identity but I know you're not trying to have a go at her.

Re your points on the "legal standpoint" - you are very much NOT in the right with regards the law. When you purchase something from Amazon you enter into a contract with them for the provision of the item you paid for. You paid, and you now have the item, so both sides have delivered their contractual promises, however fortunate it might be that the item ended up in your possession. Their attempt to deliver was fairly reasonable too.

You have the package you ordered and you have informed Amazon that you have never received it, and obtained a refund. You can moralise it however you like but you have lied to Amazon about what has happened and obtained a refund fraudulently. You know this to be true because you neglected to mention the part of the story where you received the package to them in your correspondence. Why not just email Amazon and tell them the truth, saying that you're disappointed that your package was incorrectly delivered and the fact that you obtained it owes more to luck than anything else, criticize their delivery company and let them take it from there? They might have offered an apology or even a voucher which would surely have been the fairest outcome in the circumstances.

You won't get into trouble because they can't prove anything. I realise the above comes across as a bit preachy which was not my intent - just trying to be clear on the legal point and wonder why you did it really. At the end of the day, Amazon are an easy target because they're an enormous company with deep pockets, but it is what it is.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 05:46:04 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2016, 06:51:25 pm »
I never took mine any further than what I posted here. I haven't even checked my account since then so I'll have to see what the orders say now.

Of the 17 orders I place, 8 of them still say 'dispatched'. The rest show 'Your parcel was delivered'
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:00:32 pm by ǝuoƃǝqǝoM ƃuıʞ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2016, 11:42:10 pm »
An update on this: LFC say they can't do anything as DPD have told them they delivered it so I can't get a refund or replacement parcel sent out from them. DPD are currently not responding to my emails. I still don't understand how a photo of my parcel and a photo of the card BEFORE it was supposedly put through my letterbox (but which never appeared the other side of the letterbox) are proof they delivered my parcel. I might be forced to admit the parcel was somehow stolen if a card had come through the door but without that as well it's all very suspicious.

Only seeing this now, but if you paid with your card get in touch with your bank and ask them to dispute the transaction as you have not received the goods.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2016, 03:30:06 am »

Do you literally get the chance to work for them simply for owning a car/van is that how it works?

Yup! Scary huh.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2016, 09:34:48 am »
Dispatches Monday at 8. Thought of this thread :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GB9wuEmh-So" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GB9wuEmh-So</a>

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2016, 09:33:36 pm »
Only seeing this now, but if you paid with your card get in touch with your bank and ask them to dispute the transaction as you have not received the goods.

I paid by debit card, can I do that or is it only with a credit card?

Dispatches Monday at 8. Thought of this thread :D

Will be tuning in to that!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2016, 10:18:00 pm »
I paid by debit card, can I do that or is it only with a credit card?

Will be tuning in to that!

Chargeback Rules apply to Debit cards too. You can find a bit more info in it here: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2016, 11:24:51 am »
We tried to deliver your parcel but couldn't access your property.
10 June at 10:07

But you didn't think to call me? My alarm went off at 10am so I was awake while this person decided they couldn't find my house.

Admittedly it's not the easiest to find, but you aren't really doing your job if you don't at least call me, I could have directed him to the local shops and met him there or anything.

Dickheads.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2016, 11:40:46 am »
Not Yodel..

Royal Mail put a 'sorry we missed you' card with my name & address on the card-pretty standard procedure.

I head up to the mail depot in orrel lane..'sorry we missed you' card in hand,..

"Err err hmm i cant find your parcel,it must be still on the van-i'll speak to the postman & fone you tomorrow"

Sound ok i said.

Phone call.."Erm,i dunno where your parcel is,there wasnt one for you!"

After a bit of a heated discussion he & the postman couldnt fathom how a card with my name on was posted thro my front door.

Complaint went in months ago & i still have no idea who sent me what.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 9, 2016, 06:33:26 pm »
Yodel.

'Your item had been delivered to a neighbour. We've left a card with the details'

No card. Neighbour did not receive a parcel. Lying twat put her house number into the web form.

Been on their chat, they say they'll ask the driver, bet they'll claim it's been delivered.

Should just boycott them, but usually that means paying extra for a collect+ delivery so I can go and pick it up somewhere else!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #170 on: November 9, 2016, 06:34:54 pm »
I tend not to order from anywhere that uses them, and send them an email explaining why I'm taking the business elsewhere.

If they offer another option for a couple of quid extra I'll happily pay it, as 9/10 a Yodel delivery gets fucked up.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2016, 11:11:43 am »
Family member was "employed" by them. Utter rubbish, worked for two weeks on a trial basis, no training, didn't check his driving licence which, if they had done so would have shown he was too young to drive the vehicle he was given, and didn't pay him when he walked out.

A rubbish "modern" employer who take advantage of young employees and should be boycotted.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2016, 01:49:01 pm »
My work uses UPS. I was sending a large box containing training material for a course and, as I was passing through reception, I saw their driver take it out and launch it into the back of his van (despite it saying HANDLE WITH CARE - THIS WAY UP) on the box.

I went outside and challenged him as to why he had thrown it and he looked at me like I'd just questioned his parentage and said 'well don't you think it's going to get thrown around at the depot anyway?'

He was a thick c@nt so I just called him a dickhead and left it at that and we then put in a complaint (of which nothing ever came)

Useless

Was also asked if someone could 'meet them halfway' for a delivery in Dublin so that their driver wouldn't have to do a 4 hour round drive to drop a box off. Obviously they were told to do one
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2016, 02:40:05 pm »
A friend was waiting for a parcel from Yodel, and got home to see a note saying it had been left in his shed. He thought this was weird as the shed is locked with a padlock. He went round the back to take a look and the lock had been broken off and the parcel left inside.

Horrendous, horrendous Company.

I think I saw someone mention how their drivers only get paid if they successfully deliver a parcel, hence why they don't wait around if you're not there and return it to get rid of it, and why they are prepared to ditch it anywhere on or around your property.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2016, 03:14:32 pm »
Yeah, i think lots of the problems with deliveries come from too high a workload - too many drops to do in a day, so at some point the drivers just claim they've finished and either take the rest of the stuff home to squeeze it in the next day, or bin it, or finish it off in thwir own time for no pay cos they're scared of losing their job.

If there's a useful alternative i don't use them, but maybe its time to proper refuse to use them completely.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2016, 09:13:06 pm »
Yodel.

'Your item had been delivered to a neighbour. We've left a card with the details'

No card. Neighbour did not receive a parcel. Lying twat put her house number into the web form.

Been on their chat, they say they'll ask the driver, bet they'll claim it's been delivered.

Should just boycott them, but usually that means paying extra for a collect+ delivery so I can go and pick it up somewhere else!

Found my parcel. Delivered to my house number, different street. Nice people there left me a note saying they had it. Haven't heard from Yodel and their 'investigation' yet.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2016, 07:39:37 am »
A relative works for Hermes and on his Sunday round you have to deliver a certain percentage of the parcels and then get paid for the whole day. 

So he does what he needs to do and takes the rest back for someone else to deliver on Monday.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2017, 08:04:10 pm »
Hermes are still the shittest company. Always end up having a problem with them. Ordered some stuff yesterday, got an email this morning saying parcel delivered through letterbox. Went to check at lunchtime and much to my amazement (!), nothing there. Checked neighbours as well. Absolutely ridiculous

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2017, 11:05:19 am »
Waited in all day on Saturday because Hermes said a parcel was due to be delivered "today" - no time given at all. Surprise surprise, no parcel arrived and now the tracker has removed any estimated delivery altogether. Arseholes. Fucking hate ordering something and then discovering the company is using Hermes or Yodel.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2017, 10:14:44 pm »
Just been sat in all day waiting for a Yodel delivery. Gets to about 7pm so I text the driver and ask what time he'll be getting here and get nothing back. Send a tweet asking what time they deliver to and get a reply saying 9pm. About half 8 I text the driver again and ask if I can expect my parcel and he replies saying he's got it but it'll be delivered tomorrow so I send another text explaining I've had a day off work and waited in all day for this parcel and he's ignoring me. I go back onto twitter and they ask for my name, address and tracking number etc which I provided. I go on the online chat and get told they deliver until 10, I explain I've already been told by the driver that he'll be coming tomorrow and all I get is "your parcel should be delivered today as it's with the driver, I don't know anything else" and the chat person has ignored everything I've sent since. Finally get a response on twitter 10 minutes before they knock-off for the night telling me they haven't been able to help because I haven't sent them my details.

Gang of fucking piss artists. So now I guess I'll have to have another day off work tomorrow, lose another day's pay waiting in for a delivery that may or may not arrive.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2017, 10:19:45 pm »
Ordered some trousers for work from Burton. Get an email on Saturday at 8:30 saying they'd just been left in a safe place. Seemed strange as 2 other people were in, got home and surprise, surprise nothing. They ended up delivering them to one of my neighbours on Sunday night even though people were in mine.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2017, 09:29:14 pm »
Waited in all day on Saturday because Hermes said a parcel was due to be delivered "today" - no time given at all. Surprise surprise, no parcel arrived and now the tracker has removed any estimated delivery altogether. Arseholes. Fucking hate ordering something and then discovering the company is using Hermes or Yodel.

This finally arrived on Monday and luckily a neighbour was in to take it as I got no notification as to when it might arrive. :butt

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2017, 07:59:08 pm »
MyHermes are just as bad as these bellends

No way to speak to someone without it costing 13p a minute, so go onto the e-chat for 20 minutes, asked for a note to be left on the parcel on Saturday which wasn't added even though we got told it would be, so got back onto them about 10 minutes ago, got told it wasn't added due to technical difficulties with the scanners, so asked them to re-add it, they said they're having technical difficulties, then said they'll add the notes!

I asked how they can add the notes if they're having difficulties and they said they can't, but they'll add them anyway!

So no one will be home tomorrow because we both work, i'll lose my parcel and they'll have done fuck all to help.

Joke of a company.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2017, 10:42:01 pm »
The two worst couriers out there, hands down. Unfortunately also the cheapest which is why companies love to use them.

Parcelforce are by far the best, followed by DPD.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2017, 12:32:33 pm »
The two worst couriers out there, hands down. Unfortunately also the cheapest which is why companies love to use them.

Parcelforce are by far the best, followed by DPD.
I was just going to say, DPD are great.

I had to return an incorrect item to Amazon last year, which they arranged for DPD to collect.  They arrived at my flat within 2 hours of me confirming the return.  Super impressed.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2017, 01:12:46 pm »
Yeah, DPD are good for rearranging the delivery location on the day if you're not going to be in. They usually keep you updated by text too. Think LFC use them now don't they, probably had a lot of complaints about using fucking Yodel.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2017, 01:29:45 pm »
DPD also have a parcel wall type thing near mine, a wall full of lockers, they text you a code to type into it, a door pops open and you pick your stuff up, 24h a day. Great!

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2018, 06:54:06 pm »
What an absolute bunch of useless c*nts this lot are. Sold a games console last Thursday and sent it Friday via Yodel. Was told by courier it was going 24hr delivery but with it being sent to a business address knew it wouldn't get there until Tuesday at the earliest. Checked tracking number Tuesday and it showed they tried to deliver but no one was in, checked yesterday and it said delivery had been refused and it was now being returned to me.

I contacted the buyer who said that yodel tried to deliver the first time at 6.20pm after his business had shut and that he had arranged for redelivery the next day before 5pm. The next day the yodel driver claims it was refused at 8pm and because of this it is now being returned to me. I know the reason is if the driver claims it had been refused he will get paid but wont get paid for failed delivery. Worst thing is is the buyer was willing to drive to their depot to collect the package but because it was refused it was back in their system and I will have to wait 1-2 weeks for it to be returned.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2018, 07:40:53 pm »
What an absolute bunch of useless c*nts this lot are. Sold a games console last Thursday and sent it Friday via Yodel. Was told by courier it was going 24hr delivery but with it being sent to a business address knew it wouldn't get there until Tuesday at the earliest. Checked tracking number Tuesday and it showed they tried to deliver but no one was in, checked yesterday and it said delivery had been refused and it was now being returned to me.

I contacted the buyer who said that yodel tried to deliver the first time at 6.20pm after his business had shut and that he had arranged for redelivery the next day before 5pm. The next day the yodel driver claims it was refused at 8pm and because of this it is now being returned to me. I know the reason is if the driver claims it had been refused he will get paid but wont get paid for failed delivery. Worst thing is is the buyer was willing to drive to their depot to collect the package but because it was refused it was back in their system and I will have to wait 1-2 weeks for it to be returned.

How much cheaper was it than RM ?  I've found that on lots of stuff it is cheaper to send with RM.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2018, 10:35:57 pm »
It was a large box so would’ve been over £12with rm/parcel force. Probably would work out cheaper in the long run 🙁

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2018, 10:51:08 pm »
Oh deary me.

Now I've been using Hermes for some time and usually everything has worked fine.

However, like airlines, it's when things go wrong that organisations reveal their real level of customer care.

Todays saga on their so called help chat system...

Ram Sonsurkar: Hi, my name is Ram Sonsurkar. How may I help you?
The Gulleysucker: I received an automated email from you this morning apologising for my parcel xxxxxxxxx not having been collected on Saturday and assuring me it would now be collected this morning. It is now 18.30 here and there has been no sign of any courier yet. Is it going to be collected today and if not, why not?
Ram Sonsurkar: I am sorry to know that your parcel is still not collected.
The Gulleysucker: Well is it going to be collected?
Ram Sonsurkar: I am sorry for the delay but your parcel will be collected today before 20:00.
The Gulleysucker: Are you absolutely sure of that?
Ram Sonsurkar: Yes, your parcel will be collected today.
The Gulleysucker: Is that a promise or a wish?
Ram Sonsurkar: There was an technical issue on Saturday so we are collecting all parcels today.
Ram Sonsurkar: So I request you to please allow us till 20:00 today.
The Gulleysucker: Ok, but if it's not collected by 20.00, how do I talk to anyone as you stop the chat service at 20.00...
Ram Sonsurkar: You can contact us just before 20:00.
Ram Sonsurkar: But parcel will be collected today.
The Gulleysucker: Ok, thanks.

Nikhil Chaudhari: Hi, my name is Nikhil Chaudhari. How may I help you?
The Gulleysucker: I talked to Rom Sonsakur at 18.30 and he gave me an absolute assurance that the parcel xxxxxxxx would definitely be collected from here by 20.00 tonight. It's now 19.45 and there's still no sign of collection, and you close this chat service at 20.00. This parcel was scheduled to be collected from here on Saturday and then you said in an email that it would be collected this morning. It hasn't been. Can you explain what is happening and if it is going to still be collected tonight as this is really rather poor?
Nikhil Chaudhari: HI !
Nikhil Chaudhari: I apologise for the delayed response.
The Gulleysucker: Well, what is happening to my collection?
Nikhil Chaudhari: I apologise that your parcel is not yet collected
Nikhil Chaudhari: Could you help me with your collection address ?
The Gulleysucker: Gulleysucker adress....
Nikhil Chaudhari: Thank you,
Nikhil Chaudhari: Allow me a minute to check.
The Gulleysucker: ok
Nikhil Chaudhari: You can also drop the parcel at your nearest parcel shop. The parcel will be delivered a day prior.
Here is the link for it : https://www.myhermes.co.uk/home/parcelshop-finder.html?

We will refund you the collectiond price.
The Gulleysucker: No use to me, it's miles away, that's why I asked for collection.
The Gulleysucker: I entered into a contract with you. I paid the collection fee, Why has it not been collected?
The Gulleysucker: If I have to use your drop off, I'll go to another courier in future instead.
Nikhil Chaudhari: AS per the tracking I see that the courier is already assigned but the courier did not attempt. In this case, I'll send a message to the courier and will request to collect your parcel by tomorrow itself,.
The Gulleysucker: Why not tonight?
The Gulleysucker: This was meant to be collected Saturday and I'm getting different excuses each time from you out there.
Nikhil Chaudhari: Gulleysucker, Ofcourse I'll request for todays collection however I'm unable to assure you for today's collection. We can't confirm the Service Provider will receive the message before the attempt is made but we'll make every effort to do this for you.
The Gulleysucker: Then why did Ram SOnsakur confirm it would be collected by 20.00?
The Gulleysucker: Ram Sonsurkar: I am sorry for the delay but your parcel will be collected today before 20:00. The Gulleysucker: Are you absolutely sure of that? Ram Sonsurkar: Yes, your parcel will be collected today. The Gulleysucker: Is that a promise or a wish? Ram Sonsurkar: There was an technical issue on Saturday so we are collecting all parcels today. Ram Sonsurkar: So I request you to please allow us till 20:00 today.
The Gulleysucker: H
Nikhil Chaudhari: Gulleysucker, I know I have checked your previous chat.
Nikhil Chaudhari: we have already requested to collect it today itself.
The Gulleysucker: So if it's not, what then.
Nikhil Chaudhari: Our courier collect the parcel till 9 or some time till 9:30 PM.
Nikhil Chaudhari: Please allow us some time.
Nikhil Chaudhari: I have already sent a message to the courier.
Nikhil Chaudhari: I have asked to collect the parcel today itself.
The Gulleysucker: Ok, I'll now expect the courier by 9.30pm
The Gulleysucker: Thanks
You have disconnected.

Needless to say, not collected.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2018, 11:14:45 pm »
Oh deary me.

Now I've been using Hermes for some time and usually everything has worked fine.

However, like airlines, it's when things go wrong that organisations reveal their real level of customer care.

The Gulleysucker: I received an automated email from you this morning apologising for my parcel xxxxxxxxx not having been collected on Saturday and assuring me it would now be collected this morning. It is now 18.30 here and there has been no sign of any courier yet. Is it going to be collected today and if not, why not?
Ram Sonsurkar: I am sorry for the delay but your parcel will be collected today before 20:00.
Ram Sonsurkar: There was an technical issue on Saturday so we are collecting all parcels today.
The Gulleysucker: Ok, but if it's not collected by 20.00, how do I talk to anyone as you stop the chat service at 20.00...

The Gulleysucker: I talked to Rom Sonsakur at 18.30 and he gave me an absolute assurance that the parcel xxxxxxxx would definitely be collected from here by 20.00 tonight. It's now 19.45 and there's still no sign of collection, and you close this chat service at 20.00. This parcel was scheduled to be collected from here on Saturday and then you said in an email that it would be collected this morning. It hasn't been. Can you explain what is happening and if it is going to still be collected tonight as this is really rather poor?
Nikhil Chaudhari: You can also drop the parcel at your nearest parcel shop. The parcel will be delivered a day prior.
Here is the link for it : https://www.myhermes.co.uk/home/parcelshop-finder.html?

The Gulleysucker: No use to me, it's miles away, that's why I asked for collection.
The Gulleysucker: I entered into a contract with you. I paid the collection fee, Why has it not been collected?
The Gulleysucker: If I have to use your drop off, I'll go to another courier in future instead.
Nikhil Chaudhari: AS per the tracking I see that the courier is already assigned but the courier did not attempt. In this case, I'll send a message to the courier and will request to collect your parcel by tomorrow itself,.
The Gulleysucker: This was meant to be collected Saturday and I'm getting different excuses each time from you out there.
Nikhil Chaudhari: Gulleysucker, Ofcourse I'll request for todays collection however I'm unable to assure you for today's collection. We can't confirm the Service Provider will receive the message before the attempt is made but we'll make every effort to do this for you.
The Gulleysucker: Then why did Ram SOnsakur confirm it would be collected by 20.00?
The Gulleysucker: Ram Sonsurkar: I am sorry for the delay but your parcel will be collected today before 20:00. The Gulleysucker: Are you absolutely sure of that? Ram Sonsurkar: Yes, your parcel will be collected today. The Gulleysucker: Is that a promise or a wish? Ram Sonsurkar: There was an technical issue on Saturday so we are collecting all parcels today. Ram Sonsurkar: So I request you to please allow us till 20:00 today.
Nikhil Chaudhari: Our courier collect the parcel till 9 or some time till 9:30 PM.
You have disconnected.

I can honestly say I admire your perseverance at typing all that out.
I'd have just said that Yodel are a bunch of lying c*nts  :wave
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2018, 01:34:08 am »
It's a cancer across the whole parcel/mail industry.
I send about 4000 packages a year through couriers, I have ~3% of those lost, insurance only covers so much and is so expensive it's not worth it anyway, their response is basically 'fuck you'.
I was standing in the carpark of my business the other day and watched the Australia post guy ride up and put mail in my letterbox, I was 10ft away from him and there were 2 big factory doors wide open behind me with the dispatch bloke standing right in the doorway. I went and retrieved the mail and among it was a card saying they tried to deliver a parcel and no one was home.......
Phoned up straight away to complain and was basically told 'fuck you'.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2018, 09:36:07 am »
I ordered a Smartwatch through Amazon. And for some reason, Amazon decided to have it delivered themselves instead of professional services like Hermes, DHL, DPD, UPS etc. The guy rings the bell and I tell him I live on the 6th floor. He says that he cant come up as he is tight on schedule. Fine whatever. I tell him I am coming down. I wear my slippers and go down the lift. The package is lying on the floor next to the door and the guy was walking away pointing to the package. I was in half mind to give him an ear full. I then decided that he is just the messenger and that if he was rude once, he was rude earlier.

I call up Amazon's customer care and told them of this problem. They said that they cant do anything as it was against their rules to discipline employees for rude behaviour, or something on these lines. But the behaviour of this employee is already known to them. Basically, saying they cant be held responsible for their employees behaviour and that I should take it up with the employee myself. I told the rep that I am not paying him for him to deliver my package. He is your employee and if his behaviour is bad, it reflects on the company. The rep kept interrupting me frequently to put her line of defence. I simply asked her for person who handles such complaints. The rep suggested that I write an email to the head of packaging and delivery. I wrote them a strongly worded email, detailing my interaction with the delivery guy and the customer rep, and havent heard from them since. It has been 6 months.

Pack of wolves they all are.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2018, 09:48:10 am »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2018, 09:52:09 am »

What does it say on the back?  Order some ladders  ;D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2019, 08:20:21 am »
Yodel are a pack of sodding bastards.  How anybody is still giving them business I have no idea.

Tried ordering a draughtsman table from Amazon last month - vital for my commercial artist business.  Didn't turn up when it was supposed to and Yodel pleaded that it hadn't even turned up at their depot (despite the seller saying it had been sent).  How do you lose a fucking DESK!?

I reordered from a different supplier, but alas they too have used this mob.  Was supposed to be delivered Monday, but I didn't get tracking information until Friday - and of course Yodel tried to deliver Saturday.  When I was out.  My block is split into two separate buildings so I don't even know if they went to the right doorway, and no cards were left.  To rub salt into the wound I only got the text about non delivery this morning, about 10 minutes ago. 

And of course, Yodel are closed on a Sunday.  Only their automated line which actually has the nerve to charge you. 

I am livid and I am fucking stressed.  I NEED this desk for my work, and it's not like I can just turn up at a depot as I don't have my own transport.  Not sure it would even fit in a mate's car.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to give them both barrels.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2019, 08:29:26 am »
I call up Amazon's customer care and told them of this problem. They said that they cant do anything as it was against their rules to discipline employees for rude behaviour, or something on these lines.

Are Amazon's delivery people actually employees? If they have them as self-employed contractors or whatever (to get out of holiday entitlements, sick pay so on) then I guess they can't really do much beyond stop using them, and would more likely be down to performance issues.

None of that is right, of course. Didn't Uber drivers go to court for the right to be recognised as employees?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 9, 2019, 01:02:30 pm »
Had an email and text this morning from Yodel saying they have left my package in the shed.
No details whatsoever in the email or text regarding delivery address, sender or anything else, simply that it was delivered.
I'm waiting on something from Terraceultra and Argos but to 2 different addresses. So I contact the people that live at these addresses to see if anything was delivered or a card left. Both say no.
Called Yodel to ask about delivery address, sender of parcel etc. Give them the tracking number and both addresses. Useless c*nt on the other end of the phone said it was a mistake, and the package number doesn't match either my name or the addresses I provided. I asked how they got my email address and phone number and obviously the stupid fuck hasn't a clue. A bit of GDPR toing and froing, she eventually just hangs up because she's got the customer service skills of a gnat.
An hour later, I get a text from one of the people saying that both the card and the parcel was left in the kids playhouse out in the back garden. Pretty impressive given that there is no delivery registered in my name or that address on their system. Wankers.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2019, 09:14:25 am »
Oh deary me.

You have disconnected.

So, your actual name is The Gulleysucker. fair play
bollocks