Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 31201 times)

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
Re: The People You Meet On Facebook
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2013, 11:56:31 pm »
The wannabe taxi drivers.. 'Doing lifts, message me'

:no :no :no
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Pheeny

« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2013, 08:37:53 am »
please DO NOT post photos from other peoples pages.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: The People You Meet On Facebook
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2013, 10:30:15 am »
If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Read that on mine this morning, really original, I've only seen it n Facebook about 32,000 times already.

I have a real hatred of logging onto Facebook on a Saturday or Sunday morning and seeing all the "drunken" status' that have blatantly been written by someone who is sober and trying too hard to look cool.

"ib soon drink, gon na rgeret this iv thw mornung lol"

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:16 pm »
Anyone also get pissed of with those notifications "Person X has just played game XXXX and wants to invite you"/"Wants to add you in their birthday calendar"..etc etc STOP FUCKING SPAMMING ME, c*nt
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2013, 01:56:12 pm »
Like this photo if you want granny to live. Ignore if you want her to die!! Share the page and she and all the other grannies of the world will be ok!!!

Made by sad bastards for sad bastards.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2013, 03:36:53 pm »
Those idiots posting those photos with different quotes on them, as if they live their life by them - moronic.

But fairly funny at the same time, especially when it contradicts their lifestyle choices and personalities.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2013, 06:02:23 pm »
"Like this 1 millions times and a kidney will magically appear due to my exploitive parents giving me this sign and my cancer will drift away like a fart in the wind"

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2013, 06:03:46 pm »
Those idiots posting those photos with different quotes on them, as if they live their life by them - moronic.

But fairly funny at the same time, especially when it contradicts their lifestyle choices and personalities.

I made this one.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2013, 08:27:57 pm »
What beautiful sentiments Dirty Harry. Brought a tear to my eye  :'(

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2013, 08:42:51 pm »
The absolute worst people on Facebook are the 'I have a baby and by christ you're going to know about it' brigade. The reason they're the worst is because it never ends. First it's the 'can't believe x is finally here! So amazing! <3' next it's '3 weeks already! Barely feels like a day's gone by, my little man's getting so big already!' then before you know it you're on to ''x new routine; sleep for 2 hours, get up, feed, cry for 15 mintues, sleep for 45 in my arms, get laid down, cry for 15 minutes, sleep for 2 hours rinse and repeat.'

It just goes on and on and on and on and on and on. Best of all there's the never ending series of pictures to accompany this utter drivel, 300 pictures of said child doing absolutely fuck all of interest. Here's a picture of my son laying on his back in his cot, here's another picture of my son laying on his dad's lap, here's another picture of my son wearing a painfully unfunny baby grow we picked up at Tesco while doing our weekly food shop.

I appreciate that having a baby is a big deal and I'm very happy that it makes other people happy but jesus fucking christ, how do these people not realise how incredibly dull what they're posting is? Your 22 month child, spare the moments when they accidentally stuff a lego brick up their nose or a crayon up the dog's arse , just is not fucking interesting.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2013, 10:07:47 pm »
All of the above.

Offline themightybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2013, 12:42:48 pm »
The absolute worst people on Facebook are the 'I have a baby and by christ you're going to know about it' brigade. The reason they're the worst is because it never ends. First it's the 'can't believe x is finally here! So amazing! <3' next it's '3 weeks already! Barely feels like a day's gone by, my little man's getting so big already!' then before you know it you're on to ''x new routine; sleep for 2 hours, get up, feed, cry for 15 mintues, sleep for 45 in my arms, get laid down, cry for 15 minutes, sleep for 2 hours rinse and repeat.'

It just goes on and on and on and on and on and on. Best of all there's the never ending series of pictures to accompany this utter drivel, 300 pictures of said child doing absolutely fuck all of interest. Here's a picture of my son laying on his back in his cot, here's another picture of my son laying on his dad's lap, here's another picture of my son wearing a painfully unfunny baby grow we picked up at Tesco while doing our weekly food shop.

I appreciate that having a baby is a big deal and I'm very happy that it makes other people happy but jesus fucking christ, how do these people not realise how incredibly dull what they're posting is? Your 22 month child, spare the moments when they accidentally stuff a lego brick up their nose or a crayon up the dog's arse , just is not fucking interesting.
;D Brilliant

You could say the same, to an extent, about everyone on there. Going to a gig? I'll make sure everyone knows and I will tell you all how it went, as I'm sure you're all on tenterhooks. Going on a night out? Oh, you bet that I'm going to update my status several times and take pics of us pre-drinking and being awesome. In a relationship? I'll just tell the whole world how much I love my girlfriend/boyfriend - but not in private or to their face, I'll tell them through status updates, wall posts and photo comments that all our Facebook friends can see.

I don't think I'm ever going to deactivate mine due to it being helpful in organising meet-ups, keeping in touch with family, etc. but since I've left uni I've hardly used it. Nowadays it just annoys me with loads of people seemingly only focusing on making sure everyone knows how great or interesting their lives are, instead of actually enjoying themselves. Surely you can't be having that much fun if your first thought is 'I'd better take a picture and show everyone what I'm doing' and then spend a few minutes thinking up witty captions.

I have realised that all I ever really used it for was stalking girls that I thought I may have had a chance with, and to keep up with uni events, gatherings, etc. Mainly the former though.

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2013, 01:00:46 pm »
The wannabe taxi drivers.. 'Doing lifts, message me'

:no :no :no

Yes. Gets right on my tits, and at my age it's normally an elaborate way of saying 'look at me, I can drive!' this year's been awful with all the 'YAAY PAST (sic) MY DRIVING TEST' statuses and 'OMG OFFER FROM (insert uni)'. Nobody cares, tell your family and friends in your own way.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:40 pm »
If you don't care what someone posts, why the fuck befriend them? You control whose posts you see, and if someone bores you, defriend them. Don't just sit on here whinging about it, because you don't have the bollocks to delete them from your Facebook.

It's all your own fault anyway. If you weren't such a boring bastard, you'd have more interesting friends.

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2013, 01:10:11 pm »
If you don't care what someone posts, why the fuck befriend them? You control whose posts you see, and if someone bores you, defriend them. Don't just sit on here whinging about it, because you don't have the bollocks to delete them from your Facebook.

It's all your own fault anyway. If you weren't such a boring bastard, you'd have more interesting friends.

It is probably time for a good old cull. All the wankers from my old school who I never wanted to see again anyway.

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2013, 01:41:38 pm »
It is probably time for a good old cull. All the wankers from my old school who I never wanted to see again anyway.

The less friends you have on there, the better it is in my opinion. I have 18 friends on my profile and it's boss.
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2013, 01:44:19 pm »
My best mate, bless her, has decided that syncing her Twitter, her Tumblr and her Instagram with her Facebook is a good idea, so every time she posts a picture or a status or anything, it's repeated like three times. This also means that her statuses contain hashtags. Sigh.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2013, 01:44:31 pm »
so was BigDavaLad.

Whatever happened to him, aint seen him on in ages
JFT 96

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2013, 01:51:00 pm »
I adore the "REAL women have curves" pages as well, which are invariably occupied by women who can't tell the difference between having curves and being spherical, complaining endlessly about how horrible and judgmental the "skinny bitches (eat a sandwich lol)" are without a hint of irony.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:05 pm »
If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

:lmao

The day i met you, I wanted you. <3
I love seeing your name in my notifications
I love it when someone you miss randomly texts you

All off one person's profile.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2013, 02:26:10 pm »
Statuses that annoy me:

Cheesy love messages, there's some things that deserve to be left unsaid don't make a fool of yourself.
Ranting about some fictional person in their life, see the above.
Twitter and Blackberry, why on earth would you display your details to a global audience?
Chain messages, thought this died out ages ago?
Hashtags, wrong social site dude.
Using abominations to the English language like blud, dench, sick, lad.
Going to (country) for something weeks, an example of showing yourself up.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2013, 02:27:50 pm »
The vacation people..

.. and their f**king lame a$$ status and photos about their dinner table and their resort bathroom. The f**k we want to look at what you are doing on your f**king vacation and want updates on what f**king food you had and how royal the bathroom of your 200 quid hotel room is. You are on a f**king vacation. Enjoy that you dumb f**k.

The honeymoon people..

"enjoying the sun with my wife"
"drinking pina colada with the best hubby in the whole world"
"cant believe my husband surprised me with this awesome dinner"

Get a life and enjoy the honeymoon rather than uploading pictures you knobheads. We dont want a diary journal of your honeymoon escapades.

And the worst part.. After this ends..

"Cant believe the vacation/honeymoon is over already. Wish it lasted a few more days"

I want to say something about this. But I would get banned.

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2013, 03:47:18 pm »
Don't have Facebook.

Thank fuck going by the stuff that's been put up on this thread.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2013, 05:10:06 pm »
This fucking 4 pics 1 word is doing my head in. Everyone posting a screenshot asking for help. Fuck off! Just cheat like I did

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2013, 06:25:53 pm »
The vacation people..

.. and their f**king lame a$$ status and photos about their dinner table and their resort bathroom.

People posting their plate at a restaurant is one of my biggest annoyances, most time when it looks like a steaming pile of horseshit coated with what looks like jizz sprinkled with dandruff.

Sometimes I feel you have to befriend some people because you work closely with them. Removing them or rejecting their friend request could make things awkward. Just depends from individual to individual and who you're dealing with. Or you could just delete them at a later date and they may not even notice.

Easiest option is to switch off their posts so their shit doesn't appear in your newsfeed.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2013, 07:09:53 pm »

Sometimes I feel you have to befriend some people because you work closely with them. Removing them or rejecting their friend request could make things awkward. Just depends from individual to individual and who you're dealing with. Or you could just delete them at a later date and they may not even notice.

Easiest option is to switch off their posts so their shit doesn't appear in your newsfeed.

Exactly, also there are a load of people who I added/added me when I was younger and I didn't realise what thundercunts they all were.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2013, 01:39:22 am »
What's the point in coming into a thread which is clearly about people complaining about people they're friends with on facebook only to get on your high horse about people complaining about people they're friends with on facebook?

Can a man not grumble in peace?
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2013, 02:27:39 am »
i know this thread is to complain about people on facebook but i definitely recommend people to like the "Embarrassing Nightclub Photos Of The Week" page and the "I fucking love science" page.  they are a lot more interesting/entertaining than your average persons status updates anyway. 

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2013, 04:03:32 am »
i know this thread is to complain about people on facebook but i definitely recommend people to like the "Embarrassing Nightclub Photos Of The Week" page and the "I fucking love science" page.  they are a lot more interesting/entertaining than your average persons status updates anyway.

I was all for "Embarrassing Nightclub Photos of the Week" until I realised it was showing passed out girls basically being assaulted and people with vomit down themselves and blue lips, whose mates would be better off calling an ambulance than taking a picture.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2013, 04:20:23 am »
Click.

Unfollow this person.

Sorted.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2013, 04:31:52 am »
I was all for "Embarrassing Nightclub Photos of the Week" until I realised it was showing passed out girls basically being assaulted and people with vomit down themselves and blue lips, whose mates would be better off calling an ambulance than taking a picture.

yeah they seem to be uploading more and more of those photos rather than before for some reason.  still some other funny ones though. 

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:52 am »
Click.

Unfriend this person.

Sorted.

;)

Unless it's those 'Facebook famous' arseholes who are obviously too popular to be friends with you, so you can follow them instead.  :butt
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2013, 09:08:25 am »
Recently culled mine from 350 to about 120.  Now I've got old friends and close friends.

Final straw was a bellend who went on a night out to see example or someone shit.  He could easily have got home after but decided to get a hotel.  Come back and posted an album of 450 photos from this day trip.  Tit.  Most were different face poses, like that duck fade thing.  This is a lad too.  When I asked him why he told me he just likes taking photos.....

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2013, 09:59:28 am »
;)

Unless it's those 'Facebook famous' arseholes who are obviously too popular to be friends with you, so you can follow them instead.  :butt
FUcking hate Twitter famous people who follow shit loads of people, get followed back and they unfollow all those people to make it look like they're getting followed by a lot of people and their tweets must be amazing

Offline LFCDad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2013, 11:53:54 am »
tip if you don't want to defriend people, you can hide all their updates by hovering over their name.
Being logical is apparently not allowed, if people don't read your posts properly, it's your fault for posting. Gotta love the socialism espoused by so called socialists who act like Fascists for their little best friends on the site

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2013, 12:59:47 pm »
tip if you don't want to defriend people, you can hide all their updates by hovering over their name.

You can also choose to hide posts specifically to do with all the shite games that people play.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2013, 09:44:05 pm »
pictures with shite captions especially the ones where there is 4 screen shots of some girls face, and some dick has wrote a caption under each shot, making it into some unrealistic sexual scenario.
hero stories where a guy rescues a homeless person from a brutal sexual attack from a dog, then gives him a grand to stay in the hilton that night
how do these things get like 10k likes,

people leaving complaints about not getting treated properly in an establishment, (where admittedly sometimes its good to expose bad service) a large percentage of times, its some chavy idiot getting chucked from some club, and complaining about it
hashtags, really wind me up

a picture of a new pet is fine or a new born baby, but a constant stream of these is a joke, as well as the surrounding updates,
in one instance a girl was bringing her son to the hospital,
 firstly she updated everyone she was going there,
she then checked in when she arrived
she then put a picture of the son passed out on the bed
ten mins later she put up a picture " and this is so and so ten mins later", it was a picture of the son smiling with his thumbs up still on the hospital bed

blocked after that

if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline CaptainHindsight?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2013, 10:38:27 pm »
I've grown to hate Facebook, nearly have to stay on it because of the inconvenience I'd be to a few working groups if I wasn't on it.  Especially now Facebook tells the person what time you read their message, "seen @ 00.00".

The one thing I'll give Facebook is it's ability to help you spot crazy people. It's bad for them obviously but a fantastic example was this guy who last year left a comment on a missing person's page, complaining to the people searching for him that they were 'littering Cork with posters' when the guy was from Dublin and that it had been a few weeks so he was 'probably dead.'      What a psycho would write that and actually be completely serious too.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2013, 01:35:06 pm »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2013, 01:41:08 pm »
someone on mine just shared a BNP photo  :butt