Author Topic: Joey Barton:- What I think of Luis Suarez, Liverpool and cheating in football.  (Read 6163 times)

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
Then he went and ruined it all by making a fool of himself on Twitter.

Love him or hate him, he's doing exactly what it takes to be remembered after he retires and carry on a career in the game in some means through the media.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Joey Barton in his front room with his i Phone/Pad is a different proposition from Joey Barton out on the town or on the pitch.

One you can like and speaks sense, the other is an embarrassment.

Funny that, because he came across as a complete c*nt tonight.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Jam Man

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I watched the Mansifeld game with different commentary (Al Jazeera Sports, not ESPN) and so was amazed by the ferocity of the press and media the next day.

Makes you realise just how much influence the TV station can have on forming / guiding public feeling.

In this case John Champion set the tone for the reaction, coupled with plenty of pictures of heartbroken Mansield fans & directors, and the usual suspects were lighting their torches ready to "burn the witch".

Hope he smases two or three against the Mancs today and John Champion implodes......

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
Nice constructed column by Joey here. Take a note John Champion you clown before accusing people of cheating.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan

The closest I’ve came to out-and-out cheating in a real game was at the end of last season for QPR against Manchester City. I knew I was getting sent off and I tried to get one of the City players sent off. I’m not proud of it, but I was thinking ‘this gives us the best opportunity of winning and the best opportunity of staying up.’ It was misguided, but at the time, it was simply doing what I thought was best for the team.

http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/01/11/joey-barton-what-i-think-of-luis-suarez-liverpool-and-cheating-in-football/

Had to laugh at that bit. Because provoking violence is widely regarded as a match-winning strategy? He's pouring on the charm and rationalising his violent behaviour so that he can crawl back into some English team and do it again. I wouldn't touch Barton/Balotelli with a 40 foot pole if I were a manager regardless of their ability.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
Wonder if he'll write a "what i think of Didi Hamann"
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
He's a very troubled young man is Joseph.

I've never known such an untalented footballer, who causes as much trouble as him, getting so many opportunities at top football clubs.

You'd think, with a popular bloke like Didi, he'd just laugh it off and have a bit of banter. The fact that he got so vicious, nasty and personal shows what everyone already knows about him.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
Yeah, him and barton, along with fowler have the odd bit on banter no there..this just went OTT
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"