Author Topic: RAWK Round Table: Liverpool 2-1 Sunderland  (Read 8594 times)

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: RAWK Round Table: Liverpool 2-1 Sunderland
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 09:41:11 pm »
Don't forget that Rogers has experience of managing a title charge, albeit in the Championship. Ended up, back in 2010-2011, 3rd place and a play-off victory. Mission accomplished. Am sure he's applying some of that experience.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2014, 10:47:47 pm »
After weeks of fine dining , it was beans on toast time, plenty of bowel movements  as a product, but sometime beans on toast is the food of the Gods!..three points!

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2014, 01:55:51 am »
Are we a team with exceptional talent or are we a team that's better than the sum of it's parts?

Watching the game it felt a little more dysfunctional than it has in the recent weeks prior and it got me wondering what makes us tick. For me even when we're playing relatively poorly, there are a few stand out features to our game that remain key to our performances. They are:
1. The SAS partnership
2. Our set peices
3. Gerrard's long range passing
4. Henderson's work rate

For me these are the things week in and week out responsible for bringing us victory. There are plenty of other quality contributions but it's the consistency and weight of numbers in these areas that I think make us stand apart. The Sunderland game was another example of these players/features of our game paying dividends.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:57:30 am by DanA »
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2014, 09:26:16 pm »
"Only" winning by 1 goal against relegation fodder on Wednesday looks like a darn good result after Palace's win today :)