Author Topic: Dear Kenny  (Read 20967 times)

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dear Kenny
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2012, 04:20:32 pm »
FSG have to see just how strong the bond is between Kenny and us.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »
I still find it hard to accept that Kenny has apologised willingly or not about an interview given to a branch of the cancerous News International Group. After what that organisation has put Kenny the Club and it's fans through. Not to mention it's total lack of decency, morality and any form of ethics.

For me the whole World has gone mad.
I'm absolutely gutted Kenny has had to do this.

He never ever has to apologise to me or any of our support. Shreeves is a toad. I'm not sure what Kenny has even done wrong.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2012, 06:56:33 pm »
I'm devastated that Kenny had to apologise but not at all surprised that he "took one for the team".  It is the mark of the man that he would do this for the sake of the club.  But Kenny never had any need to apologise to anyone, and certainly not to this rabble.  None of them, on their very best day, are fit to lick the shite off his shoes.

Love ya Kenny.   
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Spark

• Kemlynite
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2012, 07:24:27 pm »
I'll never need an apology from KK, he's given the best years of his life to my club and he'll always do what he thinks is best for it regardless of the consequences. The support and backing Luis has had over the last few months from the fans is nothing compared to what he's due.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2012, 07:52:48 pm »
FSG have to see just how strong the bond is between Kenny and us.

Wait until you see the banners in Boston and NYC during the summer tour.  The message will be delivered again, as I know it already has.
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2012, 08:09:41 pm »
Not only does he not need to apologise for anything but I also want to thank you Kenny from the bottom of my heart for what you did all those years ago not just for the club but for the people of Liverpool but also what youve done since you came back just over a year ago.

Never, ever do you have to apologise for anything. This great club of ours that we Love and cherish is in large part what it is because of you.

You have our utmost love and respect and we're all 100% behind you all the way!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2012, 08:13:20 pm »
i love the man

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:05 pm »
I'm devastated that Kenny had to apologise but not at all surprised that he "took one for the team".  It is the mark of the man that he would do this for the sake of the club.  But Kenny never had any need to apologise to anyone, and certainly not to this rabble.  None of them, on their very best day, are fit to lick the shite off his shoes.

Love ya Kenny.   

Every word is what I wanted to say.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2012, 10:00:44 pm »
Kenny's our hero.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/czQKVcjTrKM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/czQKVcjTrKM</a>

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2012, 10:05:51 pm »
13 days time he raises those arms and grins that grin as he sees his team lift the first trophy of his second reign.
That is what he cares about. The rest is water off his back. He waited 20 plus years to get a chance to fix what happened after he left. That is going to be a massive step. He comes from a culture of winning and he wants us back there.
Everything else is background noise.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2012, 10:18:58 pm »
The one man I expect to express support for Kenny with actions and words is Craig Bellamy. He acts like the biggest red in our team.

Offline Gitsy606

• Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2012, 10:43:52 pm »
Kenny Dalgilsh is Liverpool FC. Anyone else say's different is a wanker.

Simple as.

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2012, 01:15:28 am »
At first I thought it wouldn't have been Kenny's idea to apologise but now I realise I was probably wrong.

I've been re-watching some old interviews and am really struck by his lack of ego.

He's a quiet guy at heart, loves football, doesn't much care for any of the off-pitch parts of the game.

I think he would have wanted to apologise, asked too. It is no accident his apology was written last.

It wouldn't surprise me if seeing that his player had to apologise for something as trivial as a non-shake he decided he would apologise too for defending that action on TV.

I think just as Kenny has backed Luis all along, it was an act of solidarity and he wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

I guess it just goes to show as I've always suspected - the King is a much better man than me.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2012, 01:28:43 am »
Feel desperately sorry for Kenny and his family that they have had to go through the madness of the past few days. 

The fact he felt compelled to apologise, unnecessarily in my opinion, must have been hard for him to do. He is a truly decent and honourable man and it is a shame he has been through that indignity.  He deserves better.

Kenny, I hope you know you are much loved and we have faith that you can take this club back to great things.

Don't let the bastards get you down. YNWA
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2012, 07:35:31 am »
For what he did as a player, for what he did and does as a manager, but most of all for what he is as a man, Kenny Dalglish defines the phrase Liverpool legend. In our darkest hours he made sure we never walked alone. For that reason more than any, neither will he. Never.

God bless you Kenny. You are the most loved man in football whatever some odious toad from Sky Sports thinks.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2012, 08:47:30 am »
I think the man really wont lose a second of sleep worrying about it all as he of all managers know there is a lot more important and worrying things than a non handshake.

He has been vilified by "men" who's job is to get soundbites which allow them to put an extra quid in the pockets of owners whos morals deem it fit to listen into murdered girls voicemails so they can get the next days headlines. They get on their high horse which is sitting nicely in a steaming pile of shit ....the stench alone makes some of their questions of how can you defend Luis laughable as how many of them on the drive home get cut off by a "black bastard"? Yep the first word out of their and many of our mouths when it comes to an issue with someone is their colour or race and as Barnesy says you can ban it all but many still fecking think the same way where colour derogataries or sex orientation...hes just a fag.... is still cried out. Its still well sown into the thinking of many, whether you be a Utd or Liverpool fan as if your precious daughter walked in with her black boyfriend it would be followed with many a closed door discussion with the missus afterwards.

Sorry Kenny for any flak that may have come your way lately as none of these articles are written by men fit to walk with you...pity you have to start your work day listening to agenda driven questions where even the best politician would struggle to answer with a smile on his face.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2012, 08:53:52 am »
I just hope we see him smiling that broad smile at Wembley. Will make the last few months pale into insignificance...
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline LFC_Heaven

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2012, 09:55:28 am »
"If I'm such a legend, then why am I so lonely? Let me tell you, legends are all very well if you've got somebody around who loves you."

Kenny you will Always be Loved!
Kenny You will Always be Revered!
Kenny You Will Always Be One of Us!
Kenny You Will Never, Ever Walk Alone!

(very emotional and fitting thread to serve as a reminder, if it were needed, how lucky we are to have Kenny as our Manager!)

Let's get behind our Man and Let's get behind Our Team!!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:28:58 am by LFC_Heaven »
***Everything May Change but Liverpool FC Remains Constant***

Offline Rafas_Barmy_Army

• Legacy Fan
  • Its rainin sideways.
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2012, 12:27:25 pm »

Bingo
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2012, 12:52:59 pm »

Fact.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA