Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I think 3 of genuine top quality throughout the different positions would be absolutely fine. Another defender, midfielder and attacker would be brilliant. If we could secure 3 of those then i would deal on that now rather than hope for 5 players.

Yeah, I reckon I would too although I do think two defenders are required - a CB and a LB. But would be happy with just one midfielder and attacker, depending on who leaves.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by eyescream on Today at 09:10:02 am »
Wonder if its any reason to why our form is so bad? players sensing that Klopp is low on energy and not his usual self? Because as someone said above, he has become much more agitated when we've missed chances where as before he'd clap and try encourage for more

I was thinking the same thing watching our last games.  In such moments, some of the players must take responsibility and not appear disinterested or sometimes even scared. It's strange because there are several national captains in the team who should be natural leaders.

Can't say I'm not looking forward to us stop trying to cross in the air against grock teams like Everton, we used to dine out on cut backs.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by Lad on Today at 09:07:28 am »
The anti-Slot brigade on here are making me feel ill. These rants will be getting copied and pasted over every one of our rivals websites. Embarrassing.
I do think it's a little weird how open he's being in the media, but I don't hate it. Don't think it comes across as desperate at all - he knows it's going to happen, it's not that he's concerned Feyenoord will say no. Suggests to me he's quite open and a straight talker. I guess with their league position secured, he doesn't feel the need to be shy about our interest.

I would have tried to find the positives in any manager we recruited. Don't think it was a great pool of candidates to be honest - when you look around Europe, the only one who definitely looked like they could be the next elite coach is Xabi but he didn't want the move. Loads of people got on board with Amorim, but I think that was mostly because he'd been linked for so long. It's like with transfers, if you're linked with a player long enough then everyone gets excited when it happens or disappointed when it doesn't. Won't pretend to know much about Slot at Feyenoord, but definitely not one of those who had never heard of him - remember reading up on him last summer when he almost went to Spurs. And although Spurs can be a basket case, I find that moderately encouraging - I like the manager they ended up with, so if Slot was the preferred candidate ahead of him then that bodes well to me.

His football looks good. The challenge will be whether he can make the step up in terms of managing an elite squad with big personalities. But as of now, I'm quite excited to see how he goes. And as I keep saying, I go into it with eyes wide open... I think any manager we recruited could have a short tenure, but that's the 'price' of having to follow a legendary manager like Jurgen.
Saturday 27th April

West Ham 1 - 3 Liverpool
Fulham 1 - 1 Palace
Man Utd 2 - 1 Burnley
Newcastle 3 - 1 Sheff Utd
Wolves 2 - 1 Luton
Everton 1 - 1 Brentford
Villa 3 - 1 Chelsea

Sunday 28th

Bournemouth 2 - 1 Brighton
Tottenham 2 - 2 Arsenal
Forest 0 - 3 Man City

Thursday 2nd May

Chelsea 2 - 2 Tottenham

Technology and Science / Re: One Man's Mission to X $44 billion Goodbye
« Last post by thejbs on Today at 09:07:02 am »
That’s the numbers quoted online. And it’s probably pretty much the standard for road cars that don’t have progressive steering. If it was 3-400 lock to lock,like a F1 car, it would be a nightmare to drive at speed. Any slight movement of the wheel would result in significant manoeuvres.

Theonly way Tesla’s yoke can be considered safe is if it had progressive steering. Absolutely negligent for Tesla to release it in a production vehicle without it. They even admit themselves that it’s something they want to add in future years.

And the whole reason they gave for the yoke is preposterous. It helps you see the instrument panel better. Firstly, any car I’ve driven has never had that problem if you have your seat and wheel set right. Second, if you are really concerned, we’ve had HUD in cars since the late 80s.

Worae, the model 3 doesn’t have a driver display. So, something that’s so important in one car that you have to implement a yoke for, is deemed superfluous in another car.
Well over a month from that interview (which I didn’t get) and still not got anything.

Job market is really tough out there guys.

Been doing the CompTIA Security+ certification study to keep me busy. Always had an interest in cybersecurity so thought…why not.

Redundancy money is disappearing fast. Hoping things pick up soon.
Long but worthwhile read on Slot's early days coaching and his meticulous, if not obsessive, tactical preparation and coaching methods. Translated from a Dutch article.

Some interesting bits from that.

'He always wants to learn, to hear different and new views. It is one of the reasons Slot is in regular contact with Liverpool assistant Pepijn Lijnders'

Slot already thinks like a coach at a young age. He endlessly discussed game situations with players and trainers. His hobbyhorse is finishing with the inside of the foot. According to him, this is much more efficient than hard and less controlled shooting - only it looks more spectacular.
'

Here's hoping his 'hobbyhorse' gets into the head of Nunez. It'll take some work because I'm sure Klopp has given it his all too.
Just read through those quotes and fucking despair isn't even in it.
No wonder I don't go into the main forum that much.
It used to be the best place on here, now just full of shite.
Nunez stealing money from the club was one sentence (to paraphrase) that stunned me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10