Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 112682 times)

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #640 on: May 5, 2012, 08:16:51 pm »
Proud to be a red, thats all I'll say for now.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: May 5, 2012, 08:17:23 pm »
Well tbf we had other chances too not only the carroll header whichg was/wasnt in.

If only Skrtel could have controlled the ball better, or Carroll passing it to Downing instead of shooting (against Terrys back) it might have been 2-2 regardless of the header.

The first 60mins we played like we did most of the season. But with Carroll coming on, we offered something different. Suarez was isolated and had no space to turn when he had the ball, which he hadnt very often. But Carroll offered a physical and aerial threat to the rent boys defence. If only some of the players could have cared. DOwning did kind of just one thing right, which resulted in a goal. Personally I think it would have been good to start with Carroll and Maxi/Kuyt in Absence of Downing and Bellamy, because the first one is kind of shit and the latter is more of an impact player. Kuyt, the work horse might have been good at the start.
Spearing was to rash in attacking Lampard for the second goal and Hendo was kind of strange.

We definately need another Striker, who is a star and then we should buy wingers (again).

I am really dissappointed and can hardly see a lot of progress - and I think I am not the only one who thought of a lot more progress after a season. But if Reina gets Valero back and we buy INTERNATIONAL qualitiy and not the british overpriced crap. we might challenge for a cl spot next season and we shouldnt be afraid to invest into top players in europe.

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #642 on: May 5, 2012, 08:17:24 pm »
Well no, we would've pulled it back to 2-2...
We would of won it from then on we had the momentum and they were looking tired.

Offline Anfield Fox

• Main Stander
« Reply #643 on: May 5, 2012, 08:17:59 pm »
Right this summer we need Downing, Hendersen, Adam (and Spearing) shipped out and to buy a whole new midfield.

Kenny got it really wrong when he signed that midfield last summer. Lets hope this summer he gets it right.
Fox is a living legend and i tell you why,
Everybody wanna be Fox and Fox is still alive

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #644 on: May 5, 2012, 08:18:09 pm »
so were they.

also, how on earth can Stewart Downing get the full 90 minutes in any game let alone a cup final after being so shite from the first second of the match(or the season for that matter). Does Kenny owe him some money or what?? Terrible player, woeful and we had Maxi to replace him and have a go, at least in the last 10 minutes.

Yeah Downing did have a real shocker 2 start the game, gave away every pass pretty much in the 1st half, but he did grow in2 it 2nd half, still not good enough though but that all came down 2 nerves 2day i feel
We all bleed RED!!

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #645 on: May 5, 2012, 08:18:20 pm »
All season Andy Carroll has headed the ball at the near post and almost always high. Goes back across the goal here (or on many other occasions, or down on many others) the ball is unsaveable. I honestly think his finishing is poor (taken across the season) at what he is supposed to be good at, and I don't quite understand why he always chooses that option—think he would have a good 4 or 5 more goals if he did, or even more. It would seem a simple bit of coaching to tell him "always go back across the goalie so he's moving the wrong way, and always head it down so he has a hard time following it." I was never very good at actually executing it, but Carroll is, or should be, and that was very basic, no?

I suggest that, if you were never actually good at heading the ball, you stop giving advice to one of the best headers of the ball in English football....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: May 5, 2012, 08:18:28 pm »
Well no, we would've pulled it back to 2-2...

If that was given we would've won it, had momentum, less pressure on us and the players had more energy.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #647 on: May 5, 2012, 08:18:48 pm »
Right this summer we need Downing, Hendersen, Adam (and Spearing) shipped out and to buy a whole new midfield.

Kenny got it really wrong when he signed that midfield last summer. Lets hope this summer he gets it right.

I'm not so sure we should just "hope" that this time he gets it right...

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: May 5, 2012, 08:18:49 pm »
Fair to say that we didn't turn up for an hour but football is a 90 minute game and it really doesn't matter if we only played for 6 because we had a perfectly good goal not given. We might be watching penalties right now if the linesman had made the right call

the fact that no one has shown any picture with the entire ball over the entire linekind of suggests that the lino didn't make a mistake.

maybe we haven't got the right angle (yet?), but i don't get how people can seem to be so sure without definitive evidence...

Offline R_Ferns

• Kemlynite
« Reply #649 on: May 5, 2012, 08:18:57 pm »
Calling for Kenny's head makes you just as much a classless c*nt as a plastic fucking rent boy. End of story.

Why? Is it acceptable to finish 8th in the premier league? I certainly wasn't expecting to be a title challenging team this season but I thought that we would at least make some progress. He may have done it 20 seasons ago but some of his tactics have been questionable this season. If you think i'm a plastic cu*t go ahead and abuse me about it but it's not taken Di Matteo 18 month to change Chelsea to a down and out side to FA cup winners and Champions League finalists has it? End of Story.
"I like to educate players. You train dogs, I like to educate players both on and off the field."

Brendan Rodgers

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: May 5, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »
Proud to be a red, thats all I'll say for now.

sense in a sea of madness

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #651 on: May 5, 2012, 08:19:34 pm »
Myself plus the vast majority of supporters (even Kenny & his staff) knew Spearing is not a class replacement for Lucas but no-one else in our squad (except Gerrard in his mind) can play in the DM position; Henderson, Shelvey, Maxi are more attacking midfielders. Don't lets slaughter Spearing as you can't expect him to be a "Lucas".  At
the end of the season Kenny has to decide which of his squad members he needs to replace. All supporters have their own ideas; depends now how the owners react after seeing todays game, and deciding what amount they're willing to further invest to make the team become " a world renowned football name" (their words I believe)
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #652 on: May 5, 2012, 08:19:38 pm »
Why? Is it acceptable to finish 8th in the premier league? I certainly wasn't expecting to be a title challenging team this season but I thought that we would at least make some progress. He may have done it 20 seasons ago but some of his tactics have been questionable this season. If you think i'm a plastic cu*t go ahead and abuse me about it but it's not taken Di Matteo 18 month to change Chelsea to a down and out side to FA cup winners and Champions League finalists has it? End of Story.

Dear oh dear.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #653 on: May 5, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »
Mikel  Ramires  Mata

vs.

Downing Spearing Hendo

Major gulf in quality in midfield today, and it showed.

Mikel i doubt but the rest i agree
We all bleed RED!!

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #654 on: May 5, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »
We were robbed gutted.

Offline beatboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #655 on: May 5, 2012, 08:20:45 pm »
win some you lose some. still feel distraught thought and my wife is losing sympathy  ::)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #656 on: May 5, 2012, 08:20:50 pm »
I certainly wasn't expecting to be a title challenging team this season but I thought that we would at least make some progress.
Write a letter.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #657 on: May 5, 2012, 08:20:52 pm »
Two things:

One: Well in Andy lad - fucking superb when you came on. This lad will grow and grow with us. Felt for him at the end there. Think there'll be a few red faces amongst the officiating team tonight. Or there would if they had any fucking guile about them.

Two: Guten luck Bayern. Beat that classless bunch of c*nts. Disgusting, plastic shithouses. Seeing Terry and that cheating c*nt Dropba celebrating actually did make my feel nauseous. Very easily my joint top hate with that shit from Salford. Disgrace of a club.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #658 on: May 5, 2012, 08:21:15 pm »
Theres a million reasons to still cover Dalglish you fucking gobshite.

I respect your opinion supporting Kenny. I do disagree. I'm not the only one. However you language and of those calling other supporters "plastic c*nts" is unacceptable and you should be ashamed. Liverpool FC is greater than Kenny or any individual. So moderate your language and use arguments to formulate your opinion.
I support this team as much as you do but I think someone else should leads us into the next season. I laid my arguments, for this final (why we should have had Carroll start instead of Spearing in a 4-2-3-1) in the prematch thread without calling name or being offensive.

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #659 on: May 5, 2012, 08:21:15 pm »

If you're not residing in the UK and don't have Legend status...you cannot make comments about Kenny's job or tactics apparently lol.

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #660 on: May 5, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »
Dear oh dear.

So it's acceptable to finish 8th?
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
  • http://twitter.com/dant7733
« Reply #661 on: May 5, 2012, 08:21:44 pm »
someone answer me something, why do you take bellamy off for dirk and not downing? you remove someone who's been a goal threat every time he's played for us this season, yet leave the abject, wasteful shithouse excuse for a winger that is stuart downing on the pitch? why do you do this.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: May 5, 2012, 08:22:08 pm »
Two: Guten luck Bayern.

;) Viel Glück Bayern.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: May 5, 2012, 08:22:44 pm »
If you're not residing in the UK and don't have Legend status...you cannot make comments about Kenny's job or tactics apparently lol.

i think it is more to do with the colour of your wheely bin .... or something

Offline TheVeg

• he might
  • Main Stander
« Reply #664 on: May 5, 2012, 08:22:44 pm »
the fact that no one has shown any picture with the entire ball over the entire linekind of suggests that the lino didn't make a mistake.

maybe we haven't got the right angle (yet?), but i don't get how people can seem to be so sure without definitive evidence...

think this is pretty conclusive? it is for me
http://i.imgur.com/tUOat.png

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #665 on: May 5, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »
Isn't it great to see Andy playing like that i will admit i just didn't see him comeing good.

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: May 5, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »
Andy Carroll has won the most aerial duels out of anyone in the top five European leagues I read so if we provide him with good deliveries then he will put these away but the service hasn't been great for him. He's also got good control and a rocket left foot. I can't see why he won't become a quality striker.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #667 on: May 5, 2012, 08:22:52 pm »
Dear oh dear.

He hasn't said a lot wrong there.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: May 5, 2012, 08:22:56 pm »
someone answer me something, why do you take bellamy off for dirk and not downing? you remove someone who's been a goal threat every time he's played for us this season, yet leave the abject, wasteful shithouse excuse for a winger that is stuart downing on the pitch? why do you do this.

The same Downing who, though woeful in the first half and let's face it most of the season, made the first goal and actually put a couple of half-decent crosses into the box in the second half?
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: May 5, 2012, 08:23:13 pm »
 :'( :'( :butt :butt :butt
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
  • http://twitter.com/dant7733
« Reply #670 on: May 5, 2012, 08:23:18 pm »
So it's acceptable to finish 8th?

you're forgetting how much progress we've apparently made.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #671 on: May 5, 2012, 08:23:26 pm »
win some you lose some. still feel distraught thought and my wife is losing sympathy  ::)
have you had the" its only a game " and " there`s always next year love yet? " i have  ::)
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline Rob84

• Main Stander
« Reply #672 on: May 5, 2012, 08:23:30 pm »
Thats over no doubt.

Offline Wideboy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #673 on: May 5, 2012, 08:23:30 pm »
Listening to Stan Collymore's show earlier, a Chelsea fan was bitching about the CL Semi 'ghost goal' and Stan rightly said to let it go, your team has just won a trophy, stop being bitter.

I hope we don't become like that.

Yes, there was much that was wrong with today, the reality is, we actually got to the final. Our second in a poor season. Kenny has much to do next season, but until he is clutching his P45, then he is the man for the job, and should be supported by the fans as such.

He made wrong choices, but having picked the players, it was their duty to him, to the club and to the fans, to put in the best they can. And for some, if that was their best then I feel they should be moved on.

And as for the booing of the national anthem, that was beyond disgraceful!

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: May 5, 2012, 08:23:38 pm »

not for me.

the camera isn't in line with the goal/line

Offline RedJim

• Nickname Thief!
  • Kopite
  • Liverbird Upon My Chest
« Reply #675 on: May 5, 2012, 08:23:56 pm »
I know it doesn't change anything now but how easy is it to just put a camera or something on the goal line to sort these things out once and for all.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #676 on: May 5, 2012, 08:24:15 pm »
i think it is more to do with the colour of your wheely bin .... or something

It is, end of.
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #677 on: May 5, 2012, 08:24:18 pm »
Bellamy has shit knees. Downing was decent in 2nd half.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #678 on: May 5, 2012, 08:24:28 pm »

Give it a rest, please. It's not going to change anything. We lost because we were shit for the majority of the match, not because we were cheated.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #679 on: May 5, 2012, 08:24:31 pm »
At 2-0 down all I asked for was a fight back, and we got one alright. Think our best players were Johnson, Agger and CARROLL!

This, could have been looking at a 3 or 4-0 quite easily, but we got our act together and gave it a right go and were unlucky in the end.

Think people forget we were facing  a team in the C/L Final today.

Personally I'm proud we nearly turned it round, we'll learn from this under Kenny, the players will be gutted at this moment as will Kenny himself of course.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)