Author Topic: Pointless  (Read 46761 times)

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Re: Pointless (BBC 2)
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 05:42:29 pm »
id say stephen warnock

I said that myself. Surprisingly wasn't pointless. Only four were which I've already forgotten. Southgate was one of them.
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 05:43:17 pm »
You're doing Richard a disservice there. He said a lot of non-football followers might not know which team would be called The Red Devils as a few teams, like Liverpool, play in red. Richard is never wrong.

Correct. Richard is king.

:)

Offline DominicQ

• Kopite
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 05:10:11 pm »
They've started showing old episodes on Challenge.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2011, 08:50:39 am »
They've started showing old episodes on Challenge.

Sound. Don't normally watch gameshows but been watching this regularly. Keep missing the football questions though :(
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2011, 09:19:15 am »
Sound. Don't normally watch gameshows but been watching this regularly.
Same here. Found it by happy accident on iPlayer (along with Only Connect) and kept up ever since. The subtle thing I like is that the incorrect answers always have some relationship to the question in hand, as some kind of in-joke reward system. Stuff you can work out without knowing about the subject matter. There was a question recently about 'fictional bears' like Paddington and Bungle. One possible answer was Fargas. Was rather pleased with myself that I knew why that was incorrect. Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch, in case you're wondering. Similar thing last night about 'types of rock' and one of the answers was Rock Hudson's real name.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2011, 09:23:43 am »
Yeah, saw the one yesterday, there was also an incorrect answer in the 'types of rock' question, which was a Fraggle Rock character, Mokey. Got really into it for some reason yesterday and was willing that Welsh couple to win, that bloke got some great answers in the head to head and the final. Those two camp guys were annoying though.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2011, 11:02:19 am »
Those two camp guys were annoying though.
Haha. One thing I've noticed is the demographic of the contestants. Students, retired people, housewives and camp blokes. Your typical daytime TV audience, I suppose. I was rooting for that fit but pregnant scouse-sounding lass from a few days ago. Still waiting to see a lesbian couple though.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 03:42:46 pm »
There was a question recently about 'fictional bears' like Paddington and Bungle.
Bungle was a pointless answer (or very low scoring answer)! I couldnt believe it. Its fucking Bungle for gods sake!
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 04:01:37 pm »
enjoy this programme if im home in time, normally watch it on catch up.But one of the better quiz type shows out there.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2011, 11:27:22 am »
Just caught up with the one with Bowie top40 albums - got a pointless with Earthling (one of my favourite albums by him).  Surprised Hunky Dory was pointless though.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 05:42:35 pm »
Did I just hear Richard say Liverpool treated Roy Hodgson "very shabbily"?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 05:42:46 pm »
You did, the twat

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 06:01:28 pm »
Bell end.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2011, 06:47:59 pm »
Couldn't believe he said that. Kids were in room so had to bite tongue. Another pointless with Prof Pat Pending tonight.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2011, 07:39:43 am »
Treated very shabbily - where the fuck do these people get this shit from?
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2011, 07:53:35 am »
The media. To be fair to Richard that seems to be what a lot of outsiders think after how most of our media portrayed things

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2011, 11:10:58 am »
He's a Fulham fan so that explains his opinion of Roy. Bellend of a thing to say though.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2011, 11:52:32 am »
Did I just hear Richard say Liverpool treated Roy Hodgson "very shabbily"?

I missed this episode last night, what was the relevance of his comment to the show?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2011, 02:24:17 pm »
I missed this episode last night, what was the relevance of his comment to the show?

Contestants were given Premier League managers' names and had to answer which club they manager. Hodgson's name was there and so when they cut to Richard after the round, he said that.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2011, 02:26:03 pm »
Contestants were given Premier League managers' names and had to answer which club they manager. Hodgson's name was there and so when they cut to Richard after the round, he said that.

Thanks.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2011, 05:36:16 pm »
He's a Fulham fan so that explains his opinion of Roy.
This. A dig at our club but the sentiment is understandable, they lost their most 'successful' manager in decades for no good reason other than fucking Purslow and his LFC sale brochure. If Real had bullied us into letting them have Rafa in 2007 and then fucked him off after 6 months, I'd still be fucked off over it even if he'd been shite. I don't think the comment was the purely sheep-like following of the media and LMA you get on the phone-ins by the idiot community. No need to say it, though, it just sounded bitter. However, if he'd have had a pop at the mancs, chelsea or the shite over something that wasn't really true I'd have lapped it up, imagining them all frothing at the mouth.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2011, 10:54:56 am »
He did have a joke with the Newcastle fan on the show saying Sunderland were over 50% better than Newcastle because Steve Bruce was over 50% more popular answer on the quiz compared to Pardew.

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #62 on: October 6, 2011, 04:22:52 pm »
Haha saw this online from the episode the other day:

Anyone else misread clint's name badge?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 6, 2011, 04:41:48 pm »
;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64 on: October 6, 2011, 05:03:31 pm »
that question about cities that have hosted the european cup final was pretty hard the other night i thought considering i'm pretty clued up on football. there were only 4 pointless answers (bari, stuttgart, gelsenkirchen and another which escapes me) but if you'd told me those cities beforehand i wouldn't have a clue what year the finals were played there.

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 6, 2011, 05:31:12 pm »
I'd have got Gelsenkirchen because that one was quite recent (2004)
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #66 on: October 6, 2011, 05:51:44 pm »
Yep that was the one I got

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 6, 2011, 05:53:43 pm »
that question about cities that have hosted the european cup final was pretty hard the other night i thought considering i'm pretty clued up on football. there were only 4 pointless answers (bari, stuttgart, gelsenkirchen and another which escapes me) but if you'd told me those cities beforehand i wouldn't have a clue what year the finals were played there.

I'm sure they said 'Champions League Finals' in the question so I was thinking of tournaments after 1992. Got pissed when they meant all European Cup finals.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #68 on: October 7, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »
Wish they would shut the fuck up wittering on at the beginning. 7 minutes at the beginning of every show lost to waffle.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #69 on: October 7, 2011, 08:50:10 pm »
Wish they would shut the fuck up wittering on at the beginning. 7 minutes at the beginning of every show lost to waffle.
Don't agree - I think its good to know more about the contestants as the majority have something funny or interesting to say. Despite his opinions on football matters, I think Richard is hilariously sarcastic too.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 7, 2011, 10:57:48 pm »
i'm following osman on twitter. he regularly tweets during the programme on tv. he was saying that they've just been doing trials today with regards to changing the format somewhat. he also said that applications for the new series will be able to be made soon.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #71 on: October 8, 2011, 12:37:21 pm »
Don't agree - I think its good to know more about the contestants as the majority have something funny or interesting to say. Despite his opinions on football matters, I think Richard is hilariously sarcastic too.
Agree with you on Osman.
Alexander to camera (On someone getting a pointless answer): "And that's why you are watching Pointless!"
Richard, to camera: "Yes, unless you just can't find your remote control".

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 1, 2011, 10:30:28 am »
Started to SKY+ this after the reccomendation of my retired Dad.  At first I loved the game but hated Alexander and Richard the hosts.

Now i love the hosts and their cutting sarcasm. Brilliantly formatted game show and questions that sometimes really make you think. I too like the little introduction at the start of the show and a wide variation of young and old contestants.

Great watching Pointless with a brew and a biccie after work before my missus gets back and the onslaught of the soaps.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2012, 05:39:03 pm »
david mitchell and howard webb :lmao

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2012, 05:44:01 pm »
Wolverine plaing today.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2012, 11:41:19 pm »
got a couple of pointless answers on the "beatles charted songs with 3 words" question the other day.

My grandmother said she never knew i could be so smug :D

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pointless (BBC 2)
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2012, 05:59:03 pm »
"Name a manager who has won the top division title since 1982"

"Sam Allardyce?"

Hahahaha
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2012, 06:16:00 pm »
richardosman Richard Osman
Lee Dixon and Mark Lawrenson on #Pointless this evening. I am terrifically excited about it.

well lawro certainly is pointless

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2012, 12:27:49 am »
"Name a manager who has won the top division title since 1982"

"Sam Allardyce?"

Hahahaha

Graeme Sowness  :lmao

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2012, 01:28:29 am »
Graeme Sowness  :lmao

potayto/potarto many people pronounce it Sowness, I pronounce it Sueness or gobshite but they're all valid pronunciations I believe.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts