Author Topic: Seinfeld  (Read 112320 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Seinfeld
« Reply #600 on: February 5, 2014, 02:39:01 pm »
Used to love Seinfeld series but once I found out that Jerry Seinfeld is a big time prick in real life(such as mocking democrats or supporting Leno against Conan) and Kramer's racist rants in a theater,I just lost my appetite to see the ones I haven't seen.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #601 on: February 24, 2014, 04:31:33 pm »
In Seinfeld related new, Moviefone is shutting down.

"Why don't you just tell me what movie you want to see?"
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #602 on: May 5, 2014, 06:24:04 pm »
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #603 on: May 5, 2014, 06:51:48 pm »
Used to love Seinfeld series but once I found out that Jerry Seinfeld is a big time prick in real life(such as mocking democrats or supporting Leno against Conan) and Kramer's racist rants in a theater,I just lost my appetite to see the ones I haven't seen.

If you stop watching shows because the characters are likeable in real life you might find yourself running out of shows.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #604 on: August 3, 2014, 11:37:57 pm »
Not sure if this has been posted before but this sight has all the scripts, every single episode. If you're really into Seinfeld or is generally interested in comedy writing this is a gold mine. As good as the shows are, there are still hidden gems in the scripts that almost goes by unnoticed, like intertextual references and other subtleties. Reading the scripts is really a joy in itself!

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #605 on: August 6, 2014, 06:49:03 am »
http://thejuniormint.com/

Did you try playing that? I lasted about 9 seconds with that 'music'. Id already had it when reading the instructions.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: February 18, 2015, 03:58:54 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ne_ucyzLK6E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ne_ucyzLK6E</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: February 18, 2015, 11:51:31 am »
"I don't wanna be a pirate!"

I have to go to a pirate themed fancy dress party....I was thinking of going as Seinfeld with a puffy shirt on...but I'm too fat and ginger to pull it off.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #608 on: February 18, 2015, 11:55:04 am »
I've literally only just discovered this show last night, after seeing a clip on youtube does anyone know if the full series are online or somewhere  you can watch them?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: February 18, 2015, 12:33:17 pm »
I've literally only just discovered this show last night, after seeing a clip on youtube does anyone know if the full series are online or somewhere  you can watch them?
Google it and you'll find some illegal streams of episodes. The only legitimate place I know of is www.crackle.com . They had a contract to host Seinfeld episodes, several at a time, switching them frequently.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #610 on: February 18, 2015, 12:41:14 pm »
My favourite television show ever.

When can I get the blu-ray?

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: February 18, 2015, 01:35:04 pm »
The bus boy's comin. THE BUS BOY'S COMIN!!!

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #612 on: February 18, 2015, 02:51:08 pm »
Not sure if this has been posted before but this sight has all the scripts, every single episode. If you're really into Seinfeld or is generally interested in comedy writing this is a gold mine. As good as the shows are, there are still hidden gems in the scripts that almost goes by unnoticed, like intertextual references and other subtleties. Reading the scripts is really a joy in itself!
Just wasted a silly amount of time reading 'The Doorman' which I selected randomly. Having seen the episode a few times before, reading the script was a good next step.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: March 4, 2015, 08:23:48 am »
 :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eCgPRrEdimk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eCgPRrEdimk</a>

Online telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: March 4, 2015, 10:13:35 am »
Just wasted a silly amount of time reading 'The Doorman' which I selected randomly. Having seen the episode a few times before, reading the script was a good next step.

:thumbup

From The Fix Up.

First scene.
Jerry and George are seated at a table in a restaurant.

George: Why even try anymore? There's no sense to it. I'm never gonna meet
anybody, I should just accept it.

Jerry: Oh, yes you will.

George: No, I won't.

Jerry: Yeah, maybe you won't.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2015, 10:19:16 am by telekon »
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online telekon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: March 4, 2015, 10:22:20 am »
And from the same episode.

George: I mean it's gotten to the point where I'm flirting with operators on
the phone. I almost made a date with one.

Jerry: Oh, so there's still hope.

George: I don't want hope. Hope is killing me. My dream is to become
hopeless. When you're hopeless, you don't care, and when you don't care, that
indifference makes you attractive.

Jerry: Oh, so hopelessness is the key.

George: It's my only hope.

If that's not good writing!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: March 4, 2015, 06:19:54 pm »
Mr. Kruger died.

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #617 on: June 19, 2015, 05:14:11 am »
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-DAD-gift-number-one-best-ever-seinfeld-super-Fathers-Day-T-Shirt-/261670929134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3ceccd82ee

Sent one of these to my dad in Texas. Sadly, I don't think it'l arrive in time for Sunday, but sometime next week.

Was randomly drinking wine alone and watching Seinfeld, and it popped to my mind for Father's day present. I'm sure he'll have a laugh !!

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #618 on: June 24, 2015, 03:14:38 pm »
All episodes available on HD and free at Hulu starting today.

So envious of those who can get Hulu in America :( . Tried gettting on exactly at midnight last night and said the service ain't available to those living in Canada.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #619 on: June 24, 2015, 03:25:17 pm »
All episodes available on HD and free at Hulu starting today.
Hasnt everything been available for free off the internet for well over a decade now? 

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #620 on: June 24, 2015, 03:32:17 pm »
Hasnt everything been available for free off the internet for well over a decade now?

Well, sure. But to be able to watch it on large Hulu 48 inch in HD quality is a lot better than watching it on a much smaller laptop/mac screen  ;)

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #621 on: June 24, 2015, 03:41:40 pm »
Well, sure. But to be able to watch it on large Hulu 48 inch in HD quality is a lot better than watching it on a much smaller laptop/mac screen  ;)
The formula I use is

Laptop + HDMI + TV

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #622 on: June 24, 2015, 04:14:53 pm »
The formula I use is

Laptop + HDMI + TV

That was mine as well, and then I replaced the laptop with a desktop PC for watching downloads and playing games. This way I can still watch all my stuff and fuck about here on RAWK at the same time  :P It's working like a charm.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: June 25, 2015, 07:54:08 am »
Julia Louis Dreyfus with Jerry Seinfeld in Comedians in Cars getting Coffee.

Lovely to see them together.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/julia-louis-dreyfus-ill-go-if-i-dont-have-to-talk
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:55:41 am by leftfooter »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online telekon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: June 25, 2015, 01:14:03 pm »
Julia Louis Dreyfus with Jerry Seinfeld in Comedians in Cars getting Coffee.

Lovely to see them together.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/julia-louis-dreyfus-ill-go-if-i-dont-have-to-talk

It's beautiful.

The first episode is still the best in my view. Jerry and Larry is the ultimate dynamic duo.

"You finally have a show about nothing."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: July 13, 2016, 09:41:07 pm »
There's a new book out about Seinfeld: https://jenniferkarmstrong.com/

And there's a piece about Susan's death together with an hour's interview with the author of the book about the show:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/seinfeld-susan-death-backstory.html#
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #626 on: July 14, 2016, 12:56:42 pm »
For those of you that miss the show, Modern Seinfeld tweets post potential ideas for new episodes if the show was still running.

http://www.danspapers.com/2014/07/the-25-best-modern-seinfeld-tweets/
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Online telekon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: July 16, 2016, 01:34:01 am »
For those of you that miss the show, Modern Seinfeld tweets post potential ideas for new episodes if the show was still running.

http://www.danspapers.com/2014/07/the-25-best-modern-seinfeld-tweets/

Thought this was already on here. It's brilliant!  :D

The above link is blocked for me.

Here is another one: http://www.collegehumor.com/post/7037125/modern-seinfeld-might-be-the-best-thing-to-happen-to-twitter
And the original twatter feed: https://twitter.com/seinfeldtoday?lang=en

The authors of the account are both comedy writers for different TV shows.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: July 16, 2016, 02:52:28 am »
It's showing it's age now. At the time was the best comedy there was.

Caught 'Curb your enthusiasm' the other day with Larry David - the co creater of Seinfeld. Bloody briliant !

Online telekon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: July 19, 2016, 02:59:34 am »
It's showing it's age now.

In what way do you think so?

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #630 on: July 20, 2016, 11:59:07 am »
My favourite tv show all of time. Brilliant.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #631 on: December 23, 2016, 05:07:48 pm »
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #632 on: December 23, 2016, 10:19:08 pm »
I've not seen that Modern Seinfeld twitter thing before - it's spot on. Very funny.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #633 on: December 24, 2016, 10:34:13 am »
He took...

(inspects nails)

It out.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: December 24, 2016, 10:41:44 am »
Still my favourite comedy of all time,seeing this thread alive makes me click it hoping it's coming back for a new season but alas... :'(
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #635 on: December 24, 2016, 12:22:29 pm »
I've not seen that Modern Seinfeld twitter thing before - it's spot on. Very funny.
Have they started to tweet again? As you say,hey were spot on those tweets. One of the lads behind it is writing on the tv series, Graves.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: December 24, 2016, 02:28:34 pm »
Still my favourite comedy of all time,seeing this thread alive makes me click it hoping it's coming back for a new season but alas... :'(
I think season 7 of Curb is the closest we will get.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #637 on: December 26, 2016, 08:30:37 am »
Have they started to tweet again? As you say,hey were spot on those tweets. One of the lads behind it is writing on the tv series, Graves.
No, not new as far as I can tell.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: January 18, 2017, 02:16:53 pm »
He's coming to Netflix, y'all. New Comedians in cars... episodes and new stand up routines. No classic Seinfeld, though.

The talk series, which had previously debuted new episodes on Sony’s ad-supported streaming service Crackle, will bring 24 new episodes exclusively to Netflix starting in late 2017, with subsequent installments coming in 2018 and further forward in time. The move is part of a multi-faceted production deal Seinfeld has inked with Netflix that will also include two new stand-up specials filmed exclusively for the streaming service.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/seinfeld-ditches-crackle-for-netflix-1201961933/

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #639 on: January 18, 2017, 03:01:14 pm »
And from the same episode.

George: I mean it's gotten to the point where I'm flirting with operators on
the phone. I almost made a date with one.

Jerry: Oh, so there's still hope.

George: I don't want hope. Hope is killing me. My dream is to become
hopeless. When you're hopeless, you don't care, and when you don't care, that
indifference makes you attractive.

Jerry: Oh, so hopelessness is the key.

George: It's my only hope.

If that's not good writing!

Absolutely incredible comedy writing.