Author Topic: England win 2017 FIFA World Cup U20  (Read 44139 times)

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2013 FIFA World Cup U20
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 07:48:11 pm »
Suso 8)
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2013, 07:48:25 pm »
Suso was outstanding in the final 10 minutes there. That pass for the third goal was perfect.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2013, 07:48:47 pm »
Go ed suso lad. What a fucking piece of skill. Played some lovely balls too. Him that barca lad (can pronounce it can't spell it) and jese have been on another level.

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 07:50:15 pm »
Need to find a proper club to loan him next season to give him playing time and let him grow. Also won't mind if we nick Morata and Jese from real and took a lesser amount from Real instead
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline FanaticalRed

• Kopite
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 07:50:26 pm »
Spain played some ridiculous football at times in the first half.
There is so much talent in this side it's crazy. There's about five of their starting XI that I would love to see at our club.

Great to see that Suso has looked so sharp, he's a joy to watch when he's on form like this.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 07:55:14 pm »
Raheem Sterling ‏@sterling31 8m

sussooooo stop it
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Redaldinho

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2013, 08:04:03 pm »
Raheem Sterling ‏@sterling31 8m

sussooooo stop it

:o what does this mean?

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2013, 08:05:39 pm »

It is either a revelation from the lord himself or a pointless tweet from a young kid, what do you think?

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 08:09:44 pm »

haha I think it means Suso is playing really well.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Redaldinho

• Kopite
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2013, 08:10:55 pm »
It is either a revelation from the lord himself or a pointless tweet from a young kid, what do you think?

Ok, as long as his babys mama don't respond this time

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 08:13:56 pm »
Can't be serious? clearly he saying this is too easy for Suso.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Redaldinho

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2013, 08:15:12 pm »
Can't be serious? clearly he saying this is too easy for Suso.

Apologies sir, I am clearly not down with the twitter.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2013, 08:20:47 pm »
Almost did the Tradmarked Gareth Bale celebration. That could have put him in legal trouble, next thing you know he will playing prision football with Messi.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2013, 08:22:27 pm »
Suso,with another stunning pass

Offline draids

• Main Stander
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2013, 08:22:42 pm »
was that Suso who played the ball through only for the right back to miss an open goal? hell of a pass that

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2013, 08:23:39 pm »
was that Suso who played the ball through only for the right back to miss an open goal? hell of a pass that

Yep.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 08:24:37 pm »
USA are overly aggresive too.

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2013, 08:28:54 pm »
Who is Spain's RB? Looks really impressive

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2013, 08:29:39 pm »
Who is Spain's RB? Looks really impressive

Manquillo, does look good. More like a winger at times.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2013, 08:32:28 pm »
Derik is a pretty un-Spanish name.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2013, 08:35:52 pm »
Stunning goal for the USA..Best of the night.

Offline sparrowred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2013, 08:35:54 pm »
What a finish that is

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2013, 08:41:09 pm »
Derik is a pretty un-Spanish name.
Rio is un -English and very Spanish and Cacau /Mesut dont sound very germanic either.

Offline hwieniawski

• Kopite
2013 FIFA World Cup U20
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2013, 08:42:04 pm »
Rio is un -English and very Spanish and Cacau /Mesut dont sound very germanic either.

Rio is a twat. Mesut is a Turk.
juve e liverpool amici per sempre

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2013, 08:43:08 pm »
Rio is a twat. Mesut is a Turk.
and hwieniawski is...

Offline ncred

• ble
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2013, 08:45:00 pm »
What a finish that is
Stunning goal for the USA..Best of the night.
Luis Gil is expected to be one of the better players that the US has produced in a few years.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him move to Europe sooner rather than later.

Offline Pidalow

• Legacy Fan
  • Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2013, 08:47:00 pm »
Suso is going to be world class, everything about him is just brilliant.

Offline draids

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2013, 09:10:50 pm »
If he had been fit would Pelosi have been expected to make this US team? I know he was captain of one of their youth teams when we bought him.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2013, 09:12:34 pm »
Oliver Torres is one to look out for. Absolutely outstanding.

Offline hwieniawski

• Kopite
2013 FIFA World Cup U20
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2013, 11:30:31 pm »
juve e liverpool amici per sempre

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2013, 01:55:38 am »
Very good game from Suso. However, he has to mature more to be leader of the team.

I was impressed with the US, though. Had more possession than Spain after first half, and really never allowed Spain play tiki taka. It was a shame that every Spanish attack seemed like it was going to end in goal.

For Spain, they have to worry that if USA can out muscle them, what are they going to do vs France. I know, they beat France last year, but it was close and only on penalties. I watched that game, France seemed twice more physical. After seeing highlights of the France game, I think their physical big lads got even bigger, so I am not sure if they will deal with them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:43:11 am by Xxavi »

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2013, 02:59:16 am »
Suso had a strong game, hope Brendan was watching!

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2013, 03:43:18 am »
Just confirms why Spain and France are the favourites at this tournament.

Great to see Suso perform like that, hopefully he gets more of a role this season, hes a special talent.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2013, 04:14:26 am »
France 2-0 up against Ghana.

Kondogbia of Sevilla has scored and set up one. Arssssenal bound Sanogo scored the second.

Think they're winning this.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2013, 05:36:43 am »
Think they're winning this.
Hope so - got a wee wager on them at 9/1, which is a frankly ridiculously kind price given the squad they've taken.

They looked pretty good. 3 of the 4 players that make up their back four in Zouma, Umtiti, and Digne played over 60 games between them last season.

And as good as Campana and Oliver were yesterday, as well as Suso, none of them are even close to Pogba when you're talking about being the complete package. Plus, big Kondogbia looks the part alongside him too. Pogba is 6ft 2, and Kondogbia 6ft 4, and both can play too. There were spells when they were knocking the ball around for fun, but then when they got the chance to counter, those two lads were playing cracking passes and then getting on the end of them again.

Sanogo and Bahebeck look alright up front, but I certainly don't think they're anything special. I know Wenger is obsessed with this idea of buying in young French players on the cheap and then polishing them up for the market, but Sanogo is miles away from being a Premiership footballer. Not that the standard of the Premiership is that great, it's just, I don't think Sanogo is even close to being great himself. Maybe Wenger sees a bit of a young Adebayor in him, but to me he'll end up filling the squad, playing the odd cup game and then get sold in a few years time. Maybe I'm being harsh on the lad, and I'm happy to be proved wrong. Lots of games to be played in the tournament yet, nevermind the rest of his career! On French strikers though. What happened to them? Benzema is the only one. He's not been that great recently, but he is ridiculously talented, and I reckon he'll flourish under Carlo. Maybe the French were spoiled with that generation of Trezeguet, Henry, and Anelka? Heck, I reckon Deschamps would even thank you for a Wiltord type. Not quite a forward, but probably still a better one than most France can currently offer.

Spain were ok. Thought the US of A did a good job pressing them and not allowing them to settle, but then the quality of Deulofeu and Jess made the difference. Gotta say, Jese looks a great talent, but Deulofeu looks even better. Can't wait to see how Barca try to fit him in alongside Messi and Neymar in the next few years. Suso had a good game too. He does love a Charlie Adam type long pass, but then his usually find its target. He has a lovely way about him too, doesn't he? Love the way in which he knows where to turn with the ball. You constantly see him cut right across defenders and whip shots at goal. He had two decent efforts yesterday that weren't far off. One wide and the other saved. Gotta say though, I do like him playing deep. I think the key to where he ends up is whether he starts to become more comfortable in front of goal. As much as I love seeing him ping long passes from deep, it seems a shame to waste someone who is so good at dropping the shoulder and taking players on back in centre midfield. To be honest, I just love seeing him on the pitch and I hope he gets some more time this season, because it's players like Suso that make you want to watch the game.

You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2013, 05:48:53 am »
BTW, watching highlights of the French game, the scandalous interview of Blanc when he was French NT manager came to my mind. If I remember correctly, he was complaining about the accent in physicality and athleticism, and lots of big black kids in youth teams. He said the accent needs to be on more technical players.

I guess his words had 0 effect, because vast majority of the French team were big strong black kids. I guess for a tournament like this, in which African teams always excel due to their athleticism and physicality, it's not a bad idea to bet on those aspects. However, once the gap in athleticism closes after 2-3 years, usually majority of these players are nowhere to be seen.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2013, 09:05:28 am »
What channel is this on?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2013, 09:56:12 am »
Frances defense and midfield is amazing. Digne, Umiti, Zouma and Pogba are all already good first team players.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2013, 02:26:58 pm »
BTW, watching highlights of the French game, the scandalous interview of Blanc when he was French NT manager came to my mind. If I remember correctly, he was complaining about the accent in physicality and athleticism, and lots of big black kids in youth teams. He said the accent needs to be on more technical players.

I guess his words had 0 effect, because vast majority of the French team were big strong black kids. I guess for a tournament like this, in which African teams always excel due to their athleticism and physicality, it's not a bad idea to bet on those aspects. However, once the gap in athleticism closes after 2-3 years, usually majority of these players are nowhere to be seen.

I never knew that happened but that makes much sense.  Think there was a lad called Henri Saivet a few years ago for instance.  He had already made his first team debut at 17 I think and watching him play, you could see why.  He was just fucking rapid.  I mean seriously rapid and there was simply no catching him. He's done absolutely fuckall since and a lot of French 'prospects' have gone down the same route off late. The lad that Roma signed, Jeremy Menez was supposed to be the pick of the lot and while he is a good player he is nowhere near what France had in the late 90's.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2013, 03:57:40 pm »

::)

You mean big black players like 'Pogba' who are every bit as technically gifted as small Spanish players, with the added physical strength?

But then again your the same person who tries to act as if Toure is just a physically big colossus with no skill at all. And African teams tend to have a lot of players with pace, but normally the average height of their players isn't too dissimilar to any other nation.