Author Topic: Strongest Team  (Read 19589 times)

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: Strongest Team
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2014, 08:22:39 pm »
For now

Mignolet
Manquillio Skrtel Toure Moreno
          Gerrard Henderson
    Sterling               Coutinho
           Sturridge Ballotelli

But the future feels more like
                  Mignolet
Manquillio Wisdom Sakho Moreno
             Can Henderson
  Coutinho                  Sterling
            Sturridge Origi

With some space for change
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2014, 08:25:50 pm »
I can only hope that we can replicate a bit of the spurs away from earlier in the season when Sturridge comes back...

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2014, 08:36:45 pm »
Daws' (implicit?) suggestion to make Sterling our "Suarez substitute" is brilliant, to me.

Sterling, I've always thought, would end up as a striker. Not a 'pure', or 'old-fashioned' 'center-forward' but no one would characterize Suarez, or Aguerro or Tevez or Sanchez thus, either.

We now have a squad that can make up for NOT using Sterling on the flank etc.

We played quite a bit of 433 with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling as, nominally at least, the front-3 last season.

We should be able to play a 433, along the same lines, with Sterling, Sturridge and one of Markovic, Coutinho or Lallana as the nominal 3rd component of the front 3.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2014, 09:01:43 pm »
Amazing how people can still see fit to exclude Lucas the one true metronome type player that we actually have.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2014, 09:08:46 pm »
                   Mignolet

Manquillo   Toure   Sakho   Moreno

Can   Henderson

Sterling   Coutinho   Lallana

Sturridge

I like the look of that team. If Balotelli ever gets his act together I'd have him instead of Lallana.

Offline Nosss

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2014, 10:24:30 pm »
                   Mignolet

Manquillo   Toure   Sakho   Moreno

Can   Henderson

Sterling   Coutinho   Lallana

Sturridge

Yes please. Lots of energy, technique and movement in there along with some leadership at the back from Toure and a player that hasn't been disastrous this season in Sakho. My only problem with it is that Henderson isn't in the best of form at the moment (not sure who you'd switch him out with though).

The best part of this for me though is it gets four of our six best players from last season in the team in positions they can thrive in (Sturridge, Coutinho, Sterling and possibly Henderson) while also giving another of our six best players, Gerrard, the oppurtunity to thrive in a less energy consuming role off the bench where he probably should be at least for the next couple of week. Football obviously isn't played on paper but I think getting those players in positions to succeed is key to our performance for the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:31:18 pm by Nosss »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2014, 10:58:00 pm »
I'm desperate to see a team set up based on the problems we have had with the system rather than individuals Rodgers trust. Some times your best 11 isn't always made up of your 11 most talented players, but the way they interact, understanding and have opposing skill sets to their partners and team mates. Familiarisation is huge as well but we gradually have to build that up given all the new faces.

I'd like to see and aggressive back line consisting of Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, and Moreno. Splitting the centre halves would be Lucas, with Henderson and Coutinho flanking him and Lallana playing at the tip of he diamond. Sterling and Sturridge to lead the line with Sturridge playing a similar role that he did last season  and Sterling coming deeper and wider, running at defenders much like Suarez did last year.

Myself and PoP had exactly this conversation as Suarez was on his way, I myself suggested it and he reckoned it would work. If I remember correctly we had Phil at the tip of the diamond though. With Gerrard as holding mid.

He reckoned it would be the easiest way to replicate what 'we had' last season and both felt that Raheem would grab the 'mantle' of top dog by the balls and make it his own.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2014, 11:45:31 pm »
I'm desperate to see a team set up based on the problems we have had with the system rather than individuals Rodgers trust. Some times your best 11 isn't always made up of your 11 most talented players, but the way they interact, understanding and have opposing skill sets to their partners and team mates. Familiarisation is huge as well but we gradually have to build that up given all the new faces.

I'd like to see and aggressive back line consisting of Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, and Moreno. Splitting the centre halves would be Lucas, with Henderson and Coutinho flanking him and Lallana playing at the tip of he diamond. Sterling and Sturridge to lead the line with Sturridge playing a similar role that he did last season  and Sterling coming deeper and wider, running at defenders much like Suarez did last year.

Now that's worth a real try! Really like the idea of having Lucas, Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana on at the same time. Lucas because I think he plays a more limited role, but it brings a kind of stability to our game that I like. And I think we need it now.

Currently, I'd be tempted to go with Can over Henderson. For Sturridge, we could try either of Borini, Lambert and Balotelli. I think all of them would perform better with a partner up front. 

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2014, 12:22:48 am »
                      Mignolet

Manquillo   Lovren   Sakho   Moreno

Lucas

Can      Coutinho

Sterling         Sturridge      Lallana

or

Mignolet

Manquillo   Lovren   Sakho   Moreno