Author Topic: Round Table Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea  (Read 13398 times)

Offline ecu

• Never get into a discussion with him, he's a fucking idiot by his own confession
  • Main Stander
  • Driving hard isn't going to get us home any faster
Re: Round Table Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2014, 07:36:44 am »
Which begs the question of why Toure didn't get the start? He earned it 110% in the Madrid game, and I can't imagine that Rodgers didn't see that. Frankly if you can come up with an amazing game against Real Madrid in the Champions League, you deserve to start in the league.
[/quote
Cos he is 34, hasn't played much and wouldn't have the legs for 2 games in 5 days perhaps.]

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2014, 08:05:46 am »
Which begs the question of why Toure didn't get the start? He earned it 110% in the Madrid game, and I can't imagine that Rodgers didn't see that. Frankly if you can come up with an amazing game against Real Madrid in the Champions League, you deserve to start in the league.
[/quote
Cos he is 34, hasn't played much and wouldn't have the legs for 2 games in 5 days perhaps.]

Doesn't normally stop Rodgers playing a 34 year old 3 times a week.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 08:30:19 am »
I keep stressing it, but it looks to me like Brendan gave the players he omitted a wake up call, rested, dropped, rotated, whatever you want to call it. If we'd have been sat in second place behind Chelsea playing like we were last season he'd have played a 'first team' in Madrid.

But we're not. It may well have been a 'warning'. If you can't perform in the games that get us where we are than I won't play you in the glamour games. He maybe 'punished' the players hoping they would react against Chelsea and prove their worth.

I'll be bitterly disappointed if those that failed to step up after being left out of the Madrid game play against Palace.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2014, 08:45:45 am »
I keep stressing it, but it looks to me like Brendan gave the players he omitted a wake up call, rested, dropped, rotated, whatever you want to call it. If we'd have been sat in second place behind Chelsea playing like we were last season he'd have played a 'first team' in Madrid.

But we're not. It may well have been a 'warning'. If you can't perform in the games that get us where we are than I won't play you in the glamour games. He maybe 'punished' the players hoping they would react against Chelsea and prove their worth.

I'll be bitterly disappointed if those that failed to step up after being left out of the Madrid game play against Palace.

Sorry I disagree. The only reason them players were dropped for Mardid were to keep them fresh for the Chelsea game.

It was no wake up call and it was a plan that backed fired as we lost both games.
It seems like every time player outside the cycle as a decent game then they still can't get into the team for the next game.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:34:54 am by Fordy »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 08:49:53 am »
Sorry I disagree. The only reason them players were dropped for Mardid were to keep them fresh for the Chelsea game.

It was no wake up call and it was a plan that backed fired as we lost both games.
It seems like everything a player outside the cycle as a decent age then they still can't get into the team for the next game.

Quite possibly mate.

If that is indeed the case then there's possibly some very pissed off players right now. Barring Lazar I reckon every player that came in did enough to warrant a game against Chelsea.

And it makes me question Brendan's management of the squad.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2014, 09:43:36 am »
Quite possibly mate.

If that is indeed the case then there's possibly some very pissed off players right now. Barring Lazar I reckon every player that came in did enough to warrant a game against Chelsea.

And it makes me question Brendan's management of the squad.

I thought it was the wrong call myself.

As a player you want to play against Mardid and the other top sides in the world. It's not as if we're in the CL season in season out. The likes of Gerrard, Hendo and Sterling etc got us in the CL and they should of started.

However, to start the so called reserves and then not keep the top performers in the team for Chelsea was also a massive mistake.

A tough couple of weeks for Rodgers as his man mangement skills will be really getting tested. He just seems to be creating his own problems at the moment.

Against Chelsea I thought do you really know your best 11? To be honest I don't. What I do know is that certain players have had their chance and others now deserve a run in the team.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2014, 09:49:19 am »
The way they played first 15 minutes I think the kick worked. They were very good. But the problems that remain are not about the players not being arsed or being low on confidence, which is changeable, but the inability to create frequent, good goalscoring opportunities. We defend better than is generally seen but give away good chances too often, teams get into our penalty area a bit too easily I feel, for which the back four takes an undue amount of criticism.

But ultimately, what we aren't creating is the biggest issue. We must score goals again and feel we can score several a game or we are stuck. Sturridge will be vital but so would be getting in a striker who works for our creative players rather than one for whom you have to adjust the whole team.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »

Against Chelsea I thought do you really know your best 11? To be honest I don't. What I do know is that certain players have had their chance and others now deserve a run in the team.

They key point for me, is that when the squad is fully fit, how many players bought this summer get into it.

Given that Brendan was buying players that can 'slot straight in'.

Personal preference and all that, but my eleven would just have Moreno.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:22:15 pm by L666KOP »

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2014, 02:13:18 pm »

Offline Acapulco

• Main Stander
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2014, 04:48:31 pm »
Despite all our failings had the ref had his eyes open we would have had at least one penand had we drawn people might have been looking at things differently.