Author Topic: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer  (Read 129853 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #1040 on: March 5, 2012, 06:15:14 am »
If people think a poacher kind of striker is all we need to start scoring freely again then you are sorely mistaken. We need a super striker in the mold of Torres or Van Persie and a goal scoring winger with guile.

I'm afraid that we'll end up with Sinclair and Bent and pay  20m for Sinclair and 30m for Bent.

If we go down the british route again this summer i'll be very frustrated.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: March 5, 2012, 06:33:00 am »
I think we need to get a proper scout in and Comolli can leave, Im dreading that we buy more "English Players" in the summer they just arnt good enough !!!!
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: March 5, 2012, 06:48:28 am »
Three adjustments - RVP (for Kuyt), Modric (Aquilani) and Bale (Maxi) - job done

Anyone got a spare £100m they can lend Kenny?

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: March 5, 2012, 06:49:56 am »
Three adjustments RVP (for Kuyt) and Modric (Aquilani) Bale (Maxi) - job done

Why would Bale, Modric & RVP come here with no CL football? Lets be realistic about these things now !!!
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: March 5, 2012, 06:51:31 am »
Why would Bale, Modric & RVP come here with no CL football? Lets be realistic about these things now !!!

Oh, OK. Messi, Xavi and Ronaldo then

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #1045 on: March 5, 2012, 07:11:50 am »
ONLY one or two adjustment now ? that was after the Arsenal game, and he said 3 want to come after the final...ppl changed mind fast ..
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #1046 on: March 5, 2012, 07:15:08 am »
Three adjustments - RVP (for Kuyt), Modric (Aquilani) and Bale (Maxi) - job done

So RVP is choosing us over 1st Arsenal that are set firmly for the last cl place and more likely real/barca

Modric is clearly going to quit Tottenham and forfeit cl and a better side for us who are still thinking we're the team of shanks/paisley

And Bale is abviouosly going to do like Modric and also offhand dismiss around 80% of the european elite after him for a team that is in europe through the league cup.

And all this for ONLY 100M.

When you switch off your playstation try and find at least one match winning striker in the 10-15M bracket that is not sought by 1/2 of europe and then post it.

LFC and it's heritage is very attractive yes, but only to the die hard fans. Players nowadays consider themeselves as a God gift to the rest of the world and therefore in our situation it will take 10-15% more in signing on fee and wages to attract the exceptional ones.

And don't mention Suarez as that was a one off.
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: March 5, 2012, 07:21:41 am »
So RVP is choosing us over 1st Arsenal that are set firmly for the last cl place and more likely real/barca

Modric is clearly going to quit Tottenham and forfeit cl and a better side for us who are still thinking we're the team of shanks/paisley

And Bale is abviouosly going to do like Modric and also offhand dismiss around 80% of the european elite after him for a team that is in europe through the league cup.

And all this for ONLY 100M.

When you switch off your playstation try and find at least one match winning striker in the 10-15M bracket that is not sought by 1/2 of europe and then post it.

Not familiar with sarcasm are you? ;)

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #1048 on: March 5, 2012, 07:28:33 am »
Not familiar with sarcasm are you? ;)

wingman was sarcasstic yes. But too often I see and hear people speaking about messi, rvp, and all other stars that 1/2 of europe is after and I almost vomit.

We need to realise that modern football players need much more then the historical allure. They need to make sure that they are not wasting their "precious" time with us.

One day, sooner then it looks at the moment, we will be a force to reckon with again, but not yet. For me, we need to qualify for cl on at least 2 consecutive seasons, which at the moment looks like a mountain to climb, with the strong addition of city and spurs to the top. Heck we have even fallen behind newcastle.

Clearly we have no money to compete convincingly with the elite so we have to either spot a gem or produce it, since we also need to find almost half a billion for a new stadium thanks to moores's lack of foresight.

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1049 on: March 5, 2012, 07:33:43 am »
wingman was sarcasstic yes. But too often I see and hear people speaking about messi, rvp, and all other stars that 1/2 of europe is after and I almost vomit.

We need to realise that modern football players need much more then the historical allure. They need to make sure that they are not wasting their "precious" time with us.

One day, sooner then it looks at the moment, we will be a force to reckon with again, but not yet. For me, we need to qualify for cl on at least 2 consecutive seasons, which at the moment looks like a mountain to climb, with the strong addition of city and spurs to the top. Heck we have even fallen behind newcastle.

Clearly we have no money to compete convincingly with the elite so we have to either spot a gem or produce it, since we also need to find almost half a billion for a new stadium thanks to moores's lack of foresight.

Name one poster who has ever suggested that we go for Messi.

Offline zhilaoniu

• Boys Pen
Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #1050 on: March 5, 2012, 07:43:03 am »
Kenny has the ultimate say and Comolli finds players basing on the request from Kenny.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: March 5, 2012, 07:49:45 am »
Name one poster who has ever suggested that we go for Messi.

We should go for Messi.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: March 5, 2012, 08:01:04 am »
Comolli signed Henderson, Bellamy, Doni, Suarez, Coates and also wanted Jones and Young but they moved to Man Utd.

Kenny signed Adam, Enrique, Carroll, Downing... We went for both Young and Downing. Would have been great if we got both...

Why are you stating your reading of the situation as fact?
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: March 5, 2012, 08:12:40 am »

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1054 on: March 5, 2012, 08:44:41 am »
we should go for a time machine and bring a young Ian rush to the side.

Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #1055 on: March 5, 2012, 09:16:11 am »
Let's look at the players values if they were sold tomorrow based on performances:

Adam £5m
Downing £8m
Henderson £12m
Carroll £8m

I'm not sure I'd want Comolli in charge of the transfer chequebook again. All four have been an alarming waste of money.

Offline TheRussianBiscuit

• custardcreamski
  • Main Stander
  • Hey hey hey its the biscuit in the house!
« Reply #1056 on: March 5, 2012, 09:34:38 am »
 I can agree with that all apart from henderson. What has the kid got to do to be worth 16m
"I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches"

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #1057 on: March 5, 2012, 09:48:27 am »

I know your post was a joke but it shows up what Comolli really should be doing to earn his wage. He got Spurs Modric and Bale, two fairly inexperienced players at the time. Neither were cheap but they were certainly cheaper than Downing/Carroll. We need to target those types of players, players across the continent with huge potential. Over the years its these types of players that have been better value for money and performed better. Yes there'll be some bums but at least they'll be cheaper bums. And there's a chance of some revelations. I am reserving judgement on all our signings so far, most are still young, but it does seem the laziest form of scouting to go for Downing, Carroll, Adam.

Having said that, signings like Enrique, Bellamy, Coates and Suarez were very clever. Guess that tells you we need to target players out or nearly out of contract and foreign players that are undervalued. Rather than British players that have had a relatively short purple patch so are hugely overvalued.

I realise it's not all that easy.....

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #1058 on: March 5, 2012, 09:51:11 am »
We should go for Messi.
;D

Asking for a Sig usage there....

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #1059 on: March 5, 2012, 10:04:41 am »
Let's look at the players values if they were sold tomorrow based on performances:

Adam £5m
Downing £8m
Henderson £12m
Carroll £8m

I'm not sure I'd want Comolli in charge of the transfer chequebook again. All four have been an alarming waste of money.

Moneyball right there  ::). The fact is if it wasn't football which of course is completely different, In most industries that would be a sackable offence I guess. But lets give them the benefit of the doubt, and let them rectify the problem in the summer.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #1060 on: March 5, 2012, 10:08:28 am »
If people think a poacher kind of striker is all we need to start scoring freely again then you are sorely mistaken. We need a super striker in the mold of Torres or Van Persie and a goal scoring winger with guile.

I'm afraid that we'll end up with Sinclair and Bent and pay  20m for Sinclair and 30m for Bent.

dont forget Cattermole 25mil
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #1061 on: March 5, 2012, 10:10:05 am »

Adam £5m
Downing £8m
Henderson £12m
Carroll £8m

Adam was hardly a waste of money and he'd probably go for £8m or so I'd think.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: March 5, 2012, 10:17:48 am »
We don't need to be spending 50-60m on just two players. There are plenty of good players out there and if thats the best the scouts can come up with then they need sacking.

We are linked with Giroud of Montpellier today (although it appears a rubbish link) and even though I am not the biggest foreign football follower I have seen him play a few times and he has looked impressive and would he really cost the same as the likes of Cavani who people keep banging on about? He is a bit on the fit side as well :)

Plus there are players like Wilfred Zaha who could be ace for us on the wing. We missed out on Bale and Oxlade Chamberlain, so lets not miss out on another winger with masses of potential who, in my opinion, is ready for first team football now despite his age.

Don't know how much them two would cost combined but to me if we just got them then I would class it as small adjustments but big impact.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2012, 10:19:35 am by killer_heels »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #1063 on: March 5, 2012, 10:19:06 am »
dont forget Cattermole 25mil
That one makes me break out in a cold sweat, as it has since Masch left.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #1064 on: March 5, 2012, 10:20:49 am »
Plus there are players like Wilfred Zaha who could be ace for us on the wing. We missed out on Bale and Oxlade Chamberlain, so lets not miss out on another winger with masses of potential who, in my opinion, is ready for first team football now despite his age.

Don't know how much them two would cost combined but to me if we just got them then I would class it as small adjustments but big impact.
Why pay for Zaha when we have Sterling?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: March 5, 2012, 10:23:18 am »
Let us be honest our competitors are now NUFC, Everton, Villa, only the most optmistic person would think we could compete for players THFC, AFC, Chelsea etc can attract. Forget full stop about top bracket players the Manchester teams can get.

We have to hope the potential we paid for in Henderson and Carroll starts bearing fruit next year. If we get a couple in next year I expect Scott Sinclair, Jarvis level players. You can forget about anything better.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: March 5, 2012, 10:24:23 am »
Why pay for Zaha when we have Sterling?

Sterling is 17, while Zaha is 19 and already playing regular football, as well as there physically due to his regular football. I think at this time he would bring something a bit more instantly plus we could one day have both of them.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: March 5, 2012, 10:27:05 am »
Let us be honest our competitors are now NUFC, Everton, Villa, only the most optmistic person would think we could compete for players THFC, AFC, Chelsea etc can attract. Forget full stop about top bracket players the Manchester teams can get.

We have to hope the potential we paid for in Henderson and Carroll starts bearing fruit next year. If we get a couple in next year I expect Scott Sinclair, Jarvis level players. You can forget about anything better.

There are better players than Sinclair and Jarvis that we can get even without Champions League Football. It depends whether we go for them or not.

To be honest, Comolli should be in a sweat this summer because he needs to deliver better, as does Kenny when it comes to signings.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: March 5, 2012, 10:30:01 am »

I don't think Chelsea 7 points ahead of us, without a manager, an aging squad and onto their 5 regime change in 6 years are a 'draw' in comparison to us.

Also, this summer is the first of FFP, so does anyone really think there are going to be marquee signings? Now is the time for our scouting department to unearth some gems! Oh, and I 100% believe that Suarez and Carroll is the way forward - with a young, promising striker as back up / rotation.

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #1069 on: March 5, 2012, 10:30:27 am »

this is just about spot on for me. without champions league (or much prospect of it) we'll be lucky to attract to any gems. potential and fellas on their way down it is for a while unless we find a load of cash down the back of the sofa to pay City wages. it breaks my heart to think of where we were heading with rafa before those two american idiots ruined it all.

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite
« Reply #1070 on: March 5, 2012, 10:31:41 am »

You don't really go the match do you? If you do no wonder the atmosphere's going shite.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1071 on: March 5, 2012, 10:32:01 am »
don't know why people are saying Comolli should be fired if we sign more british players this summer

from what I understand the manager has final say on the signings, Comolli just finds the type of players the manager requests.

So there's blame to both if people feel their transfer dealings have been poor
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: March 5, 2012, 10:33:24 am »
this is just about spot on for me. without champions league (or much prospect of it) we'll be lucky to attract to any gems. potential and fellas on their way down it is for a while unless we find a load of cash down the back of the sofa to pay City wages. it breaks my heart to think of where we were heading with rafa before those two american idiots ruined it all.

Spurs managed to get Modric and Bale without Champions League Football. Now, they are the main reason they are getting CL Football.

Jesus, when did we turn into this sad, feeling sorry for ourselves bunch of whigners? We are a big club, in Europe, we have won a trophy and if we have the money (which we appear to have) then we will attract good players. It might not be the David Villa's of this world but there are loads of good players, provided we go for them.

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #1073 on: March 5, 2012, 10:33:45 am »

bollocks. We may end up going for more average players, but to suggest we can't get better players than that is ridiculous. We have a wage bill of about 3/4 times the size of those clubs, and history. We are Liverpool fc FFS, while we won't be able to get the hazards etc we will still be able to get top top class players who could end up just as good as the likes of hazard/gotze etc

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: March 5, 2012, 10:34:22 am »
There are better players than Sinclair and Jarvis that we can get even without Champions League Football. It depends whether we go for them or not.

To be honest, Comolli should be in a sweat this summer because he needs to deliver better, as does Kenny when it comes to signings.
Indeed last last summer and post-Torres Commolli/Kenny signings have been a bit of a let down to put it mildly.

I feel we need to build a whole new midfield around Lucas and a forward line around Luis if he still with us. Two players ain't getting us back challenging the three lesser teams from the big five.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Norway_is_red

• Violets_are_blue
  • Anny Roader
  • No, those are not my pair of titties!
« Reply #1075 on: March 5, 2012, 10:36:43 am »
Name 5 wingers you'd want here

Messi, Ronaldo. Nah, but in all seriousness.

Lavezzi
Hazard (Though not a winger, he plays behind the striker)
Muniain
Scott Sinclair (Yes, if a deal can be done for a good price, yes please.)
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” In Rafa I trust.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: March 5, 2012, 10:42:39 am »
Messi, Ronaldo. Nah, but in all seriousness.

Lavezzi
Hazard (Though not a winger, he plays behind the striker)
Muniain
Scott Sinclair (Yes, if a deal can be done for a good price, yes please.)

With all five of the big teams after Hazard we have ZERO chance of getting player's of his calibre.

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #1077 on: March 5, 2012, 10:47:29 am »
Indeed last last summer and post-Torres Commolli/Kenny signings have been a bit of a let down to put it mildly.

I feel we need to build a whole new midfield around Lucas and a forward line around Luis if he still with us. Two players ain't getting us back challenging the three lesser teams from the big five.

Lucas and Suarez aren't our only quality players. Our squad isn't terrible. Hell even with one decent finisher we'd be comfortably in the top 4 this season. Add to that a creative right sided player and we're not looking bad at all.

Like the lads on Anfield Wrap said last week, we've got a decent squad now, we just need one or two first XI players. RAWK has turned into a bipolar forum. One week we've turned a corner and are on the up, and the next Everton and Newcastle are beating us to signings and we only have 2 good players.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: March 5, 2012, 10:48:48 am »
Comolli signed Henderson, Bellamy, Doni, Suarez, Coates and also wanted Jones and Young but they moved to Man Utd.

Kenny signed Adam, Enrique, Carroll, Downing... We went for both Young and Downing. Would have been great if we got both...

Imo the only terrible buy with the price into consideration is Carroll... Adam has been decent because of his goals and assists. Id be looking to sell him though and get a top replacement. Would definitely keep Downing, great squad player and also Henderson who has great potential.

How do you know all this? I.e. who signed who? What a load of nonsense.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: March 5, 2012, 10:54:55 am »
If we sign Scott Sinclair or Matt fucking Jarvis I'm going to strangle someone.