Author Topic: West Ham vs Liverpool (Pre Match Thread),Upton Park - Saturday 20/09/2014 5.30pm  (Read 50881 times)

Offline 4EverRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Good lineup. If that is a diamond i would swap Henderson and Sterling's position.

The diamond is interchangeable as you know so don't be surprised at seeing Coutinho in the middle with Hendo out left also

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
By coming on for twenty, thirty, forty minutes when we have a comfortable lead.

Not specifically directed at you but I don't think you can plan for that. Matches often don't turn out the way things are planned so you can't do that most of the time. Regarding Lallana, the more he plays, the better he'll get so the sooner we do that, the better I reckon because it'll benefit us going forward.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
@Kop305 has posted a few photos of them training on twitter.

Try these also http://lfchq.tumblr.com/photos/2014/training/1909

Cool thanks.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
@Kop305 has posted a few photos of them training on twitter.

Try these also http://lfchq.tumblr.com/photos/2014/training/1909
What's up with Lallana's face in them?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What's up with Lallana's face in them?

Had a shave?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
People bemoaning the thought of Borini starting, to put things in perspective, two years ago we went to West Ham and had Shelvey as a false 9 with Joe Cole coming off the bench.

Christ - I watched that game in a 'Coffee Shop' in Amsterdam, which perhaps explains why I'd forgotten the details - wasn't it on a 'Super Sunday' double bill with a Manc derby?  Shelvey as a false 9?!  Awful, although didn't he play there in a Europa League game that season too? 

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
West Ham United played a diamond vs Hull City, with Noble at the base and Downing as one of the '2' with Valencia and Sakho up top.

Downing was excellent for most of the game as a CM, but he tired and his defensive contributions waned near the end of the game.

Valencia is a pain to defend against, and he'll be a proper challenge for our CBs on the ground and especially for our FBs aerially.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Shelvey as a false 9?! 

:lmao

Shelvey is great, a real nutcase where he can go from the sublime to the ridiculous in the space of a minute, makes him likeable. But a false 9? *shudders*

Downing will have the traditional 'average player joins big club, doesn't work out, plays brilliant against said big club when facing them next at a smaller club' beast of a game against us.

We'll still win if that line-up with the bibs is true though. Looks good to me.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah gotta say...I do like that bib team, although surprised Skrtel is fit enough to come straight back in.

Offline GoodKopBadKop

• Main Stander
Ive seen Sutrridge is not yet back for this :( would like to see a Balotelli-Sterling front pair with Coutinho in behind in a diamond myself, dont think 4-3-3 suits us atm.

Offline Dakota

• Legacy Fan
I think Lambert will start tomorrow and I really hope he does.

I'd pick him over Fabio against most opposition, but particularly against Fat Sam, so I hope you're right.
Thinking about crowdfunding a Save The Piano Movers! charitable association.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
ricky with mario is an interesting shout! I can imagine ricky having plenty of joy against west ham's cloggers.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
What's the score on bib theory, does it still work?

Mignolet; Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling; Borini, Balotelli

That's what the bib theory team would be.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"

Mignolet; Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling; Borini, Balotelli

I would like to see that tomorrow

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Going by the training photo's the line up looks as follows :

--------------------Mignolet--------------------

Manquillo------Skrtel-----Lovren------Moreno

----------------------Stevie----------------------

----Sterling--------Henderson--------Coutinho

--------------Borini-----------Balotelli-----------

Available for the Bench : Jones, Toure, Enrique, Sakho, Lucas, Lallana, Markovic, Lambert                     ( Injuries : Flanno, Can, Johnson, Allen & Sturridge )

This is going to be a tough game lets make no bones about it. Even when we were flying last season they still made it very tough for us. Also,taking into consideration our inconsistent start to the season this will make it all the more difficult. Id be surprised however if Skrtel starts over Sakho after being out for the best part of a month. Can only see us getting a draw to be honest but wouldn't surprise me if we sneaked a win with a Tottenham like away performance. Come on you reds ! Y.N.W.A

Do we really wana concede 4 goals?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
It HAS to be two up top tomorrow.

Happy to see Borini start alongside Balotelli.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop

Im sure I saw Johnson in a green bib  ???

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Im sure I saw Johnson in a green bib  ???

You did.

All those he mentioned are orange bibbers.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
You did.

All those he mentioned are orange bibbers.

Thank fuck for that.

Offline BigRedJim

• Kemlynite
A lot of people seem to be writing us off here. I think we are going to put our form right tommorow, 2 up top, back to our attacking best hopefully and bring the 3 points back home.

Fancy Balotell to cause havoc with a bit more support.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
I would rest Coutinho and give him the full 90 against Middlesborough to get his confidence back.

I wouldn't. You need your best players playing the most important matches. Granted he hasn't been in scintillating form, but he's still one of our most creative and talented players.
YWNA

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
we really need a win. We can not afford another fail. Aston Villa beat us, won the ludogorets game by a last min peno and if we keep struggling to score at this game it'll be a big pressure on BR and his boys.

C'mon you Redmen!
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline ecu

• Never get into a discussion with him, he's a fucking idiot by his own confession
  • Main Stander
  • Driving hard isn't going to get us home any faster
Are you certain will have a comfortable lead by the 50th, 60th and the 70th minute based on current form?
We did at Spurs, hopefully get back to last season's form soon.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
Why are some people saying Lucas is starting and not Coutinho? I've not had a chance to look at the pictures yet.

EDIT: Just seen them. It is indeed Lucas in an orange bib with the other starters, not Coutinho.

Looks like the team is Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Balotelli, Borini
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:15:03 pm by Lazar »

Offline ecu

• Never get into a discussion with him, he's a fucking idiot by his own confession
  • Main Stander
Well the chances of that happening are pretty slim, and it's very difficult to get up to proper match speed if you're only playing in a side that is 3-0 up and coasting anyway I imagine. Lallana needs starting time imo and I think we need to bear the brunt of the pain while he gets up to speed.

Hopefully Coutinho will get taken out of the firing line and a forward brought in.
It's hard watching a player who is not fully fit trying to contribute and not been able to. With our squad depth this season Lallana should be incorporated into the team gradually. Not going to do his confidence much good if gets off to a bad start.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
The prospect of Lucas and Gerrard together again .... be still my rising bile

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
It's hard watching a player who is not fully fit trying to contribute and not been able to. With our squad depth this season Lallana should be incorporated into the team gradually. Not going to do his confidence much good if gets off to a bad start.
Wheras leaving him on the bench until we're two or three up will do his confidence the world of good.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
I don't mind Lucas and Gerrard together in a diamond as it means they won't both be deep as fuck like in the double pivot, one has to play more slightly advanced. I also don't see what other choice Rodgers has if he wants to play the diamond (like everyone else is banging on about), Lallana isn't ready for the physical demands to play in midfield yet and he needs resting anyway as he's just come back from injury. Coutinho has been terrible unfortunately and could do with a game off. Let's not forget he went on international duty with Brazil and travelled far. No one seems to consider that yet used to always bring it up when Suarez went to Uruguay. Allen and Can are injured so obviously they can't play.

Only other option is Sterling at LCM with Markovic in the hole but that'd be very risky. Lucas and Borini both did well the other night, the former also impressed in the corresponding game back in April if anyone remembers? He changed the game and played the pass which won us the penalty Gerrard converted.

Offline ecu

• Main Stander
Wheras leaving him on the bench until we're two or three up will do his confidence the world of good.
Until he is fully fit - yes. Come on when we are two or three up, no pressure, much easier to integrate.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals

Available for the Bench : Jones, Toure, Enrique, Sakho, Lucas, Lallana, Markovic, Lambert                     ( Injuries : Flanno, Can, Johnson, Allen & Sturridge )

This is going to be a tough game lets make no bones about it. Even when we were flying last season they still made it very tough for us. Also,taking into consideration our inconsistent start to the season this will make it all the more difficult. Id be surprised however if Skrtel starts over Sakho after being out for the best part of a month. Can only see us getting a draw to be honest but wouldn't surprise me if we sneaked a win with a Tottenham like away performance. Come on you reds ! Y.N.W.A

Aaaaahhh... The bib theory. The same bib theory that was wrong last week and could well be wrong this week.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals

It was wrong last week.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That lineup & formation would get absolutely ripped apart.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
If Liverpool score in tomorrows game they will set a new club top-flight record of scoring in 17 consecutive away games.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
The prospect of Lucas and Gerrard together again .... be still my rising bile

If that is true, there aren't really that many options, unless you play Coutinho in the 3. The International break has put paid Allen and Can for a few weeks.

I think Rodgers might go for Lucas because West Ham are a big team and it's going to be a dogfight. Truth be told, I haven't really seen them play this year, although I've heard they're playing it more on the ground. Last season's team with Carroll as the focal point just lumped ball after ball in to our box and it was a real physical struggle. Lucas wins a lot of headers in midfield, and this might be the game to play him with the type of team West Ham are. He played quite well there last season, and set up the winning penalty. I think that's why he's going to bring Skrtel back in, to try and deal with the physical battle.

Also, it looks like Borini is going to start, which I actually don't mind because I think he compliments Balotelli quite well. However, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Lambert start either just because he is another big body and would fare better in the physical battles.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:33:15 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Until he is fully fit - yes. Come on when we are two or three up, no pressure, much easier to integrate.
So using our last 15- games as an example, how many minutes would Lallana have got to get match fit if we waited to bring him on when two or three up with 20 or 30 minutes left to play?

Offline ecu

• Main Stander
So using our last 15- games as an example, how many minutes would Lallana have got to get match fit if we waited to bring him on when two or three up with 20 or 30 minutes left to play?
About half of those. But the point is he needs 2-3 games with 20-30 mins increasing to 50-60 for a few games. Absolutely pointless carrying get a passenger which he has been the last two games.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I remember Lucas having a good 2nd half vs West Ham last season. Think it was as one of the CMs ahead of Gerrard as well.

Either that or he had a shite one, but I definitely remember him standing out  ;D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I remember Lucas having a good 2nd half vs West Ham last season. Think it was as one of the CMs ahead of Gerrard as well.

Either that or he had a shite one, but I definitely remember him standing out  ;D

With a little look at the match report, I remember now. Coutinho started and was ineffective (as he quite often was in away games last season), Lucas came on and we came into the game more.

Ideally this would be a perfect game for Can, but Lucas has to come in really considering the absences.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
About half of those. But the point is he needs 2-3 games with 20-30 mins increasing to 50-60 for a few games. Absolutely pointless carrying get a passenger which he has been the last two games.
So one of our most expensive signings would play about a quarter of the game time available in fifteen matches? Great use of a player.

And he has been far from a passenger the last two games,  probably been as close to a goal from open play in both those games than anyone.