Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 220237 times)

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Lovren Signed.
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2014, 03:23:20 am »
Wasn't overly excited when we were linked with him, especially considering the price tag. After watching the video of Carra and Neville talking about him, I have changed my mind.

Welcome to the club Dejan.

(insert mustard joke here)

Can you provide a link?  It'd be much appreciated. I've had a search but can't find it
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2014, 04:27:05 am »
Carragher & Neville analyse Dejan Lovren

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zEpoLdEeNE0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zEpoLdEeNE0</a>

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2014, 04:46:14 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zEpoLdEeNE0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zEpoLdEeNE0</a>
Great analysis by Neville and Carra there.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2014, 04:58:50 am »
Great analysis by Neville and Carra there.
There's another video posted by the same user of Neville and Carragher analyzing Skrtel and Sakho's defending against Norwich and City which is in complete contrast to how Lovren defends. I found it interesting to watch that analysis after the Lovren one.

It's not really clear who is worse at sinking deep out of Skrtel and Sakho, but hopefully Lovren can help both of them improve in that regard. I think he'll be a tremendously important addition for us, not only because he is individually good but because he'll help organise the guy next to him and make them better as well.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2014, 05:52:34 am »
There's another video posted by the same user of Neville and Carragher analyzing Skrtel and Sakho's defending against Norwich and City which is in complete contrast to how Lovren defends. I found it interesting to watch that analysis after the Lovren one.

It's not really clear who is worse at sinking deep out of Skrtel and Sakho, but hopefully Lovren can help both of them improve in that regard. I think he'll be a tremendously important addition for us, not only because he is individually good but because he'll help organise the guy next to him and make them better as well.

You're 100% correct. Hopefully Lovren can come in and clean up our defense.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2014, 06:58:21 am »
did the official site play a prank here?

http://www.lfctour.com/news/latest-news/stevie-g-s-wedding-gift-for-lfc-fan

How did they photoshop the tattoos out?
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline shwabo1892

• Main Stander
  • Igor Biscan used to be atrocious...
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2014, 08:14:35 am »
Off topic here, but is Simunic's international career well and truly over after events following the World Cup playoff?
Yes mate.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2014, 09:40:33 am »

Skrtel could learn a thing or two there as he would 100% back off
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Mike Basset

• Anny Roader
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2014, 09:50:38 am »
Looking forward to having a CB who seems to keep individual errors to a minimum. Hopefully the rest of the defence will learn from him too. I think Sakho-Lovren partnership could be very effective once they get used to each other, but wouldn't be surprised to see Skrtel get the nod either. Happy to have 3 quality CB's now (Assuming Agger leaves), that should be plenty.

On another note, has a premier league team ever been as decimated as Southampton this window?

So far they have lost: Shaw, Lovren, Chambers, Lallana and Lambert. Rodriguez and Schneiderlin also appear to be on the way out.
That's arguably 7 of their first 11 leaving, scary times for Soton fans!

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2014, 11:04:12 am »

Mignolet doesn't help eing stuck to his line & he is thought to not be a great communiactor also.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2014, 11:08:13 am »
Some lovely stuff there by Lovren. Reminds you of Agger the way he brought that ball out and he won it well of course first. Might not happen but to have him & Agger start a game at their best, both fully match fit and eager to please would be Christmas come early.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2014, 11:15:53 am »
Some lovely stuff there by Lovren. Reminds you of Agger the way he brought that ball out and he won it well of course first. Might not happen but to have him & Agger start a game at their best, both fully match fit and eager to please would be Christmas come early.
I really do think Agger is past his peak, and won't be playing a big role for us this season, if he's here at all. Rodgers clearly likes one of his centre halves to be able to play a bit. Lovren can most definitely do that, and despite looking ungainly, Sakho is courageous in possession and a good passer. We're starting to identify the specific elements the system needs and filter down through the players available to achieve it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2014, 11:28:08 am »
Think he can really get a good partnership going with Sakho. Sakho has all the physical attributes to be a really, really dominant centre back but you still feel that in this league he needs his hand holding. That is something that Skrtel isn't going to do but Lovren can and hopefully will.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2014, 11:30:11 am »
I think it'll start with Skrtel and Lovren, but Sakho will probably take Skrtel's place.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2014, 11:32:55 am »
I think it'll start with Skrtel and Lovren, but Sakho will probably take Skrtel's place.

Yep, by the end of the season I think Lovren and Sakho will be first choice. They have all the attributes to be a fantastic partnership.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2014, 11:59:52 am »
Good signing ;D
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2014, 12:02:39 pm »
The signing which will add the most value to the team.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2014, 12:04:06 pm »

With all this talk of yet another winger and the ridiculous obsession with full backs, there is quite simply no position more important than centre back.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2014, 12:08:01 pm »
In recent years I have found with experience that every time we write off a player(s) there is always one or two that will prove the critics wrong with only the club benefiting from it all. I will let the accountants come up with their figures but even with Agger & Skrtel as back ups I think the club could afford that for 12 months allowing the two young lads grow with the required cover that may be essential this year considering how much change is occurring at the club. This might be the largest influx of new players in one window in years and others like Coates, Toure and even Kelly might give way first before Agger & Skrtel even.

I think Lovren has already been pencilled in as the right sided centre back in many of the formations I have seen. Thus Agger's main competition for a start is Sakho and if he leaves then what left sided cover do we have? Coates?? If Aggers time might be up Coates was up last year based on his near sale I thought before injury. Don't want to write him off either I guess but considering he has never been a regular starter for us it be a leap of faith to plan on him more than Agger.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2014, 12:17:07 pm »
Anyway Lovren does look like a very tidy player and you only have too see that clip to think Hansen at his best coming forward. A stretch perhaps but hey its July when the hopes are high and opinions are full of positivity (or rose tinted BS) ;)

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2014, 12:59:14 pm »
In recent years I have found with experience that every time we write off a player(s) there is always one or two that will prove the critics wrong with only the club benefiting from it all. I will let the accountants come up with their figures but even with Agger & Skrtel as back ups I think the club could afford that for 12 months allowing the two young lads grow with the required cover that may be essential this year considering how much change is occurring at the club. This might be the largest influx of new players in one window in years and others like Coates, Toure and even Kelly might give way first before Agger & Skrtel even.

I think Lovren has already been pencilled in as the right sided centre back in many of the formations I have seen. Thus Agger's main competition for a start is Sakho and if he leaves then what left sided cover do we have? Coates?? If Aggers time might be up Coates was up last year based on his near sale I thought before injury. Don't want to write him off either I guess but considering he has never been a regular starter for us it be a leap of faith to plan on him more than Agger.
I agree it makes no sense to selll since it will weaken our squad. However we can get 10 mil or so for him and his wages off the books. Brendan feels that he will only go down in value in the next 12 months and if we have injuries we might as well play youngsters like Coates and have Kolo fill in. Personally i want to keep agger since Skrtel is worse to me and not as good at carrying the ball but i'm not manager.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2014, 01:00:52 pm »

You might be right there, mate. Lovren might put a fitting piece to the puzzle, to structure our defence a bit more.

This is not a Skrtel thread but I wonder if (or how much) he can influence Skrtel. Perhaps that partnership can even lower Skrtel's individual errors?
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »
The buzzword around Agger the last season or two has been 'multiplier', Lovren looks like a multiplier too, one that seems to have all the attributes required to be successful in a Rodgers back line. If he clicks, the change in our defense will be black and white.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2014, 01:13:34 pm »
Off topic here, but is Simunic's international career well and truly over after events following the World Cup playoff?
Of course it is.

He's 36 and has 7 more games to serve, that's it for him, he was going to end his international career anyway after the WC.

It really says a lot about FIFA when a guy who gets banned for 10 games(including entering the grounds where the NT plays!) for nazism but can play for the club no problem, and then a guy who bites someone can't even train or do anything football related in any way, shape or form.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Redknobprob

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2014, 01:26:40 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zEpoLdEeNE0#t=21" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zEpoLdEeNE0#t=21</a>

Very nice.  I bet everyone's lovren this vid.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2014, 02:03:35 pm »
Of course it is.

He's 36 and has 7 more games to serve, that's it for him, he was going to end his international career anyway after the WC.

It really says a lot about FIFA when a guy who gets banned for 10 games(including entering the grounds where the NT plays!) for nazism but can play for the club no problem, and then a guy who bites someone can't even train or do anything football related in any way, shape or form.

Are you implying FIFA don´t take racism that seriously? I´ll have you know that after they got complaints about the fact that all the kids they chose to walk onto the pitch during the world cup were white, they went out and found some non-white kids and forced each captain to read out stearn messages about how racism is bad.

Just to be clear here, FIFA take descrimination VERY seriously, as article 3 outlines.

Discrimination of any kind against a Country, private person or group of people on account of race, skin colour, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, language, religion, political opinion or any other opinion, wealth, birth or any other status, sexual orientation or any other reason is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion. being awarded the World Cup.

Anyway, as Sepp Blatter said, I´m sure gay people can just tone it down for a month and everything will be fine anyway. Alternatively, you could maybe change how applications for hosting the World Cup are dealt with and maybe reject any belonging to countries that have actual laws which descriminate as outlined above.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »
Welcome in Lovren, happy to see the words about leadership from Brendan, hope he can display those qualities quickly - its a lot of money to spend on a defender so he has to prove his worth.

It does look like one of Agger or Skrtel will have to be sold, I just can't see us being able to keep 4 top-line defenders happy. I'll be annoyed if Agger goes but if Brendan doesn't rate him enough it's probably better if he goes.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline northern Monkey

• Kopite
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2014, 05:02:14 pm »
Happy to see Lovren arrive. I can see him fitting really well with any of Agger, Sahko or Skrtel.  A leader that others can take their queue from is exactly what we have been missing without Carra in there.  I'm not so hot on the intricacies of CB play but Lovren seems to read the game very well and has the confidence to back himself against pretty much any forward one on one.

Offline shwabo1892

• Main Stander
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2014, 08:52:14 am »
Lovren can't get a visa, he's going to stay in Liverpool and work on his own. Brendan sent him a schedule to work on and wait for the team to come back from the tour.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2014, 09:03:37 am »
Lovren can't get a visa, he's going to stay in Liverpool and work on his own. Brendan sent him a schedule to work on and wait for the team to come back from the tour.

Hmm strange, does it say why he couldn't get a visa?

Offline shwabo1892

• Main Stander
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2014, 09:05:47 am »
Hmm strange, does it say why he couldn't get a visa?
It just says that he has to wait for 10 days to get a visa, as in normal procedure.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2014, 09:07:57 am »
It just says that he has to wait for 10 days to get a visa, as in normal procedure.

Ah okay fair enough, thanks. Bit of a shame as I was hoping he would play in the weekend game, but atleast we will see him against Dortmund

Offline shwabo1892

• Main Stander
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2014, 09:10:31 am »
Ah okay fair enough, thanks. Bit of a shame as I was hoping he would play in the weekend game, but atleast we will see him against Dortmund
Yes. Says that Rodgers is furious.

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2014, 09:10:38 am »
Isnt Croatia in the EU? Do EU citizens still need a VISA to get into the USA?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #234 on: July 30, 2014, 09:14:09 am »
Could Lovren have applied for a Visa weeks ago or is it a working visa so he needed to be with the club before applying?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Dingus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Man Without Fear
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2014, 09:14:21 am »
surprised the u-21's/reserves don't have a fixture arranged, there's normally a few that don't travel abroad for pre-season, and end up playing a B-fixture against a local team?

Offline shwabo1892

• Main Stander
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2014, 09:14:42 am »
Isnt Croatia in the EU? Do EU citizens still need a VISA to get into the USA?
I think everyone needs a visa to get in the USA. Yes, Croatia is in the EU.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2014, 09:20:23 am »

Everyone needs a VISA/ESTA to get into the USA without exception - even famous sportsmen and celebrities

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2014, 09:20:36 am »

You can get a free waiver visa instantly if you're part of the EU
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2014, 09:27:02 am »
You can get a free waiver visa instantly if you're part of the EU

Croatia is not included in the Visa Waiver Program: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visa-waiver-program.html