Author Topic: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Stoke City vs LFC  (Read 11165 times)

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Stoke City vs LFC
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:35:03 pm »
Paul chats to Kristian Walsh during the Reds' training session at Fenway Park earlier today:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Umy3hzjgak0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Umy3hzjgak0</a>

Loads of LFC Tour content available at www.theredmentv.com, as well as the usual weekly studio contributions.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:57:52 pm by jackh »

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:48:57 pm »
Spot on interview.
Seen us win everything

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 12:52:06 am »
Paul has a chat with our young forward:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cy88cVvfA68" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Cy88cVvfA68</a>

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 02:20:18 am »
Paul chats to Kristian Walsh during the Reds' training session at Fenway Park earlier today:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Umy3hzjgak0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Umy3hzjgak0</a>

Loads of LFC Tour content available at www.theredmentv.com, as well as the usual weekly studio contributions.

Great to see Kristian on RMTV. Always a great addition to the crew there. One of my favourite Liverpool writers-top notch.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 10:08:13 am »
Great to see Kristian on RMTV. Always a great addition to the crew there. One of my favourite Liverpool writers-top notch.
Kris is a cracking lad.Started off on RAWK as well...

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 11:27:39 pm »
Paul had a chat with Suso before leaving the States:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rWgKEQungdE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rWgKEQungdE</a>

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #6 on: August 4, 2014, 10:57:50 pm »
For those stopping up/around the world ahead of tonight's match:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XRaMYg7fB6g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XRaMYg7fB6g</a>
« Last Edit: August 4, 2014, 10:59:47 pm by jackh »

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Liverpool vs Southampton
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 11:46:24 pm »
Liverpool vs Southampton - Sunday, 13:30

-----

Match Preview:

The 2014/15 Premier League season kicks off at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon, with Manchester United hosting Swansea City and six other games following throughout the league later that day.  Sunday heralds the beginning of the season for Liverpool and Southampton, who meet at Anfield after a summer of great change for both clubs.  After mounting an impressive and unexpected title challenge last season, featuring an eleven-game succession of spring victories, Brendan Rodgers’ side finished close runners-up to Manchester City.  Beginning his third campaign with the Reds, and having returned them to the Champions League after a four-season absence, Rodgers really has been able to make his mark on the squad this summer, with eight new arrivals and Luis Suarez the sole major departure.  Three of the new arrivals at Liverpool have arrived from Sunday’s opposition, Southampton, who have experienced major change in recent months.  After an eleven-year best 8th place, the Saints have parted company with manager Mauricio Pochettino and five key players – Ronald Koeman has arrived though, along with a number of new faces and the millions generated from sales.  After impressive seasons, departures have dominated the headlines surrounding both Liverpool and the Saints – supporters will be keen that their sides get off to a positive start to the season in order that their significant sales may be deemed catalysts to stability and further progress into the future.

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15553

-----

Match Build-Up:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wDw9wt6jaA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wDw9wt6jaA</a>

-----

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Sunday’s opening fixture for the sides, The Redmen TV spoke with Ben Lane of Go Marching In – thanks to Ben for providing his insight and opinion:

Last season’s 8th place was Southampton’s best in eleven seasons – how do you reflect upon your progress since 2009’s points deduction and relegation to League One?

Ben:  “Had I been asked this a year ago, I probably would have said that ‘Saints are on a continuously upward spiral, regular European football is only a season or two away’ but the last couple of months have provided a short, sharp shock to us as to where we stand in football's pecking order. We weren't so deluded that we felt Champions League football was a realistic possibility in the short term (despite the protestations or our former chairman Nicola Cortese) but I feel that regular-ish Europa League participation was on our horizon either via the league or cups.

Our progress has definitely been checked markedly this summer and I feel that now most fans would accept regular 10th-14th and a cup run here or there. We're never told the full story are we as fans, but the vision or ambition of the new board does not seem to be where it was.”

The headlines surrounding your club have concerned the departures of Pochettino and a handful of key players – such a mass exodus is a rare thing and must have been difficult to observe as a supporter?

Ben:  “It was horrible to begin with, but by the time Callum Chambers left for Arsenal it turned to 'gallows humour'. As I alluded to above, with the departure of Cortese, a lot of ambition left the club and I feel that Pochettino sensed that. A great manager but a man who knew what he wanted, knew what Saints could provide him with (a leg-up in English football) and knew how to get it. He was offered a new deal at St.Mary's but chose not to take it after talks with the board. I think we maybe underestimated just what influence Pochettino had on the players, they all seemed to respect him greatly and it was no surprise that when he left Lallana, Shaw, Lovren et al all upped and left too. The real challenge now for Ronald Koeman is to keep hold of Schneiderlin and Rodriguez until January at least. The board may have said that they're not for sale but we don't exactly believe these statements; everyone has a price.

There are however multiple facets to the selling of these players (those sold to Liverpool I'll talk about below). Luke Shaw to Utd for £27m is a ludicrous sum of money for an 18yo left back. Yes, he has oodles of talent and unlimited potential but he is injury prone and according to Van Gaal, unfit! Yet, his arrogance has alienated a lot of the good will from us; here is a man who we took on at nine years of age, had signed a FIVE year deal last season and didn't care a jot. But, such is modern football.

Chambers is an odd one because he was never really first choice right back. Arsenal have history of poaching our best and brightest so it wasn't that much of a surprise and again, £16m for a teenage right back is a deal that I think the board thought was too good to turn down.”

Lambert, Lallana, and Lovren have all made the move north to Liverpool – what are your reflections on the trio and how do you think they’ll do at Anfield?

Ben:  “This will come across to your readers as sour grapes, but bare with me; I speak for ALL fans of Southampton Football Club here.

When Rickie Lambert left it was like when you were in year 11 and your girlfriend went off with some matey in Sixth Form with a car. I had to remove all signs of the man: iphone/ipad wallpaper gone I even had to for a while remove my 'Promotion 2010 vs Walsall' framed picture off the wall. He was a symbol of our rise because he rose with us and his departure signals a real end of an era. No one begrudges him his move, £4m for a 32 year old isn't bad business and we've certainly had his best years. What separates him from the other two showers of s***e is that he did it with such class. His message to the fans was so heartfelt and genuine that he will forever remain a club legend. It is going to be hard on Sunday seeing him on Liverpool's team sheet. From what I can gather the Liverpool fans haven't exactly taken to him fondly over pre-season? If this is true I feel sorry for the bloke. He'll be a regular bench-warmer I imagine.

Words cannot express the hatred Lallana but especially Lovren hold amongst the fan base. It was quite fitting that in his note to Saints fans in the Southern Daily Echo that half of the page was a picture of him! Here was a man who we took from Bournemouth's hands when he was a nipper, had broke into the team back in 2007/2008, helped us get promoted, had stated upon promotion that he 'dreamed of ending his career with Southampton' but then the second Liverpool came calling it was 'I've always dreamed of playing for Liverpool, last season when I was at Anfield blah blah blah!' He was our captain and to come out and say that when we played you at Anfield last season he was thinking about how that is where he wanted to be...A lot of us feel his injury is a bit of a 'bottle-job' ahead of Sunday because he would have been subjected to absolute dogs abuse. Absolutely minimal class from the man. He's a very good addition to your squad and will complement what you've got already perfectly.

The man who displayed no class whatsoever however is Lovren. I've had to relinquish my season ticket this year as I've moved to Essex and so missed out on a ticket for Sunday, but my brother stated to me the other night, quite matter-of-factly that the only reason he is going on Sunday is ‘to tell that f****** c*** Lovren how much of a c*** he is for 90mins’. Yes, given Lovren's lack of class this is ironic. If I was going, I'd be doing the same. I imagine the rest of the away support will be doing the same. Lovren's actions before and after the World Cup were disgraceful: stating that his head was already at Liverpool, taking actions that were tantamount to striking in order to force the move...we're better off (dressing room wise) without him. He's a great CB and will do well at Liverpool but if Real Madrid/Barcelona come calling he won't hang around; he is in it purely for himself. When he scored against Dortmund the other day, there were numerous tweets by Saints fans stating how surprised they were that he didn't knee slide down that end like he did last season when he scored seeing as he scored for a club that he had dreamed of playing for all his life. Sure, he won't care about the abuse coming his way Sunday but it will provide a cathartic experience for us.”

What were your feelings on the appointment of Koeman at the time and what have you learned of him since?

Ben:  “Time will of course tell, but I was very happy when we appointed Koeman; I've been a fan of the Eredivisie for years and while the league itself may not be the strongest, his Feyenoord team played great football: high line, high tempo with attacking flair. We should hopefully under him adopt a similar playing style to Pochettino. I really feel for the guy because he is on a hiding to nothing at the moment; we've signed well over the summer but he is effectively starting from scratch and a lot of frustration and anger that should be directed at the board is being directed at him. I find it very distasteful that he is being subjected to direct abuse on Twitter currently over the potential move of Jack Cork to Palace for £3m and the signing of Shane Long for £12m - when will our fan base learn that he is not in charge of transfers? The real anger should be directed at Les Reed for that.”

There was off-field controversy last season and the sales must have been a concern this summer – how do you assess the ownership scenario and the health of the club overall?

Ben:  “Thankfully the cause of that controversy, Dani Osvaldo, has been shipped on to Inter Milan - a great footballer but very, very temperamental. I'm glad that the club is still owned by the Leibheer family, but communication under our new Canadian chairman, Ralph Krueger, has been so very, very poor. He says one thing and the club does another which is why we're taking his comments about Schneiderlin and J-Rod with a pinch of salt. Financially the club is in a great state and not just because of the transfers; the Leibheer's ownership make us the 5th richest club in England or something like that but the relationship between board and fan base is very strained at the moment. It will take a good start to the season and few more signings to rebuild.”

Despite the headline departures, many good footballers remain at St Mary’s and you’ve signed five so far this summer – what are your thoughts on the additions and what else might you need before September?

Ben:  “We are crying out for a new centre back after Lovren's departure, hopefully two new centre backs as a backup for Fonte is also required. Our midfield is once again our strongest position despite Lallana's absence where if we keep Schneiderlin (and he doesn't throw a paddy and strike) we have him, Tadic, Tadier, Ramierez Davis and Ward-Prowse, and with the signing of Forster the GK position is sewn-up, especially with Boruc as cover. Once again the attacking and defensive options lack any real strength in depth which is why I'm happy with potentially signing Long despite many people feeling the opposite (I think a lot of this though is due to the £12m price-tag). Ryan Bertrand was a good start in defence but more is required and Tadier and Tadic have been a revelation in pre-season. Pelle hasn't hit the ground the running and scored an own goal against Bayer Leverkusen last week, but we'll certainly give him the benefit of the doubt.”

It looks as though the Saints have done well during pre-season and you certainly don’t have the toughest early season schedule – cause for optimism?

Ben:  “I would say so, but they must put something in the water in Hampshire, everyone has the '1992-2001' blues ahead of the new season: ‘...as long as we're not relegated.’ The lack of any real new academy products this year breaking through though is worrying. There has been a wide player, Lloyd Isgrove, but I can't see him starting often.”

Amidst such change, have you had time to consider your hopes and expectations for the campaign ahead?

Ben:  “Personally I would take anything above 15th this year: this season will be transitional. Providing nothing catastrophic happens, I'll be far more optimistic next season.”

Are there any stories around the club/fanbase that the mainstream may not have picked up on?

Ben:  “Have you heard that apparently we're in for Klass Jan-Huntelaar? We all had a good laugh about that one.”

What are your thoughts on Liverpool ahead of the new campaign?

Ben:  “Despite my obvious bias I think you've bought really well. Moreno is a very astute signing. I know fans that are interviewed on Sky Sports News hardly represent an entire fanbase, but there seems to be some pessimism? I assume this is down to selling Suarez and on paper it does look like you could do with another striker. I'm sorry to say I can't see you winning the league this year, but you'll certainly be there or thereabouts. I'll be interested to see how Gerrard gets on this year though in what I assume will be a 'quarterback' role.”

Turning attention to the match itself – how do you expect the sides to approach the game, how do you see it playing out, and would you care to offer a prediction?

Ben:  “Opening weekend always produces surprises: who would have seen Villa turning Arsenal over last season? Liverpool at home on the first day of the season is bound to see you come out of the traps all guns blazing (blimey, what a horrendously pun-riddled sentence). Saints will approach cautiously I reckon and try and catch Liverpool on the counter. Pelle up front on his own, Tadic and Tadier playing behind him with Ward-Prowse and probably Davis in the middle with a flat back four. I certainly can't see us taking three points away from Anfield like we did last season and would bite your hand off for a draw but I think you'll beat us without breaking into too much of a sweat: 3-0 Liverpool. Most Saints fans just want to, quite understandably, get this one out the way.”

http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15543

-----

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:51:11 pm by jackh »

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Liverpool vs Southampton
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 11:33:40 am »
One final bump for the matchday content...

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Manchester City vs Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 05:04:52 pm »
Match Build-Up:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b6Jzve-tirY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b6Jzve-tirY</a>

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Monday's meeting between last season’s title champions and challengers, The Redmen TV spoke with Bluemoon podcast contributor, Howard Hockin (http://www.standingalone.co.uk/?page_id=69) – thanks to Howard for providing his insight:

Manchester City and Liverpool, along with Chelsea, became involved in a hard-fought title race last season – what are your reflections on your successful 2013/14 campaign?

Howard:  “I am obviously very happy with how it turned out! Two trophies in Pellegrini's first season is an excellent return and to win the league for the second time in three years was a wonderful feeling, especially as it didn't look like it was going to happen after we lost at Anfield. The team broke goal-scoring records along the way and played the best football I have ever witnessed - there was little to criticise and it was good to see the players once more hold their nerve in the heat of a title race.”

Manuel Pellegrini appears to have come in and established an attractive style of football, bringing together power and flair, whilst managing without any of the bullshit of others – what are your thoughts on the Chilean?

Howard:  “For me he was the perfect appointment. The club received plenty of flak for demanding a holistic approach to the future of the club, but such an approach has reaped dividends. After the acrimonious departure of Roberto Mancini and the in-fighting that typified his final season at the club, Pellegrini was just what the doctor ordered. Many criticised his lack of trophies, but that rather missed the point that he spent time at clubs that couldn't realistically challenge for multiple trophies, and he has proved his worth last season, keeping a low profile and letting the team do the talking. City have benefited from staying out of the headlines and Pellegrini must take much of the credit for that.”

You reached the last sixteen of the Champions League last season, before being eliminated by Barcelona – is challenging in Europe your priority after having secured your second ‘modern’ title?

Howard:  “In a word, no. I know the Champions League is supposed to be the pinnacle of football, the trophy everyone aspires to - perhaps the players think this and our owners certainly do. For me however, participating in the Champions League has been a rather underwhelming experience and not just due to results. It has had its moments of course, and it was great to play Barcelona as (almost) equals, but for me nothing beats winning the league. I want us to win the Champions League at least once some day to say we did it and for the amazing experiences it will provide, but for now I still get more from domestic football success. Maybe that will change in time.”

Edin Dzeko was fantastic during the run-in last season and finally seems to be earning his plaudits but you had differing fortune with Sergio Aguero, Stevan Jovetic, and Alvaro Negredo – is your forward set the best in the league, of concern, or perhaps both?

Howard:  “The answer to the question changes every week! It certainly is the best forward line in the Premier League when all players are fit, but there's more chance of me marrying Cameron Diaz than that happening. Sergio Aguero has had his problems constantly with muscle injuries, Negredo is injured as we speak with a foot injury and Jovetic's last season was wrecked by injury. Only Dzeko seems to have the ability to avoid injury. Dzeko has frequently frustrated during his time at City but seems to have blossomed under the tutelage of Pellegrini and always stands up to be counted when it matters - we wouldn't have won any league titles without him. Aguero is top, top class and I just pray he stays fitter this season. The same goes for Jovetic, who looks an exciting prospect. Who knows what the future holds for Negredo, who had the strangest of seasons. Over 20 goals by the turn of the year, he was unplayable alongside Aguero then after a shoulder injury sidelined him for a few weeks, he looked shot of all confidence on his return. I get the feeling his wife doesn't appreciated the Manchester weather either, and who can blame her?

So if we can avoid multiple injuries this season, I have no concern about our attacking options. If.”

What are your thoughts on your summer business and what can you tell us about your new signings?  Are you expecting any more arrivals before the deadline?

Howard:  “Quietly content. Financial Fair play penalties have hampered City of course, limiting them to spending a miserly £49m net this summer (poor things), but City's board/owners/directors/tea-ladies have always maintained that it will not change their policy this summer which was simply to plug a few gaps and strengthen the squad. City have certainly done that. Joe Hart has proper competition now for the goalkeeper's jersey, Zabaleta likewise at right-back and we have made the essential purchase of an extra centre-half. Mangala comes with a big price tag and is known to still be something of a rough diamond, but hopefully will improve under the guidance of Pellegrini and Kompany, and should be the regular partner that our captain needs. Add to that a proper defensive midfielder in Fernando who had a superb debut last week and it has been a fruitful transfer window. I would have said that is that as far as signings go, but with talk of possible exits for Nastastic, Richards or even Negredo, then perhaps there will be someone else no the way. If Negredo goes, there has been talk of a loan deal for Falcao which would make my head explode, but I'm not getting my hopes up on that front.”

Your pre-season, including the Community Shield, appeared a bit of a mixed bag but you took 3 points home from Newcastle in your first game – how have your preparations been and what would you be happy with after your opening six league matches?

Howard:  “Pre-season is totally unimportant apart from building up fitness, and City's (along with other clubs) have had a disrupted pre-season due to the staggered return of World Cup players. The only person who seemed to care about the Community Shield was Arsene Wenger and I'm sure this now officially counts as another trophy.

Our start tot he season is very tricky indeed - with Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea on the horizon I don't see any chance of us being top after six game,s but I would be perfectly happy if we are in touch with the leaders after that period.”

Bringing things together, what are your hopes and expectations for the 2014/15 campaign – is the quadruple back on?!

Howard:  “The truth is the quadruple is never on. Talk of that is always media-led, but however strong a team/squad is, winning four trophies is a near-impossibility. I hope for more of the same - a tilt at the league, to hopefully reach at least the last 8 of the Champions League and a domestic pot would be a lovely bonus.”

Are there any stories around the Club/amongst the fanbase that the mainstream may have missed out on?

Howard:  “Not really - the academy will open in a couple of months and I think the scale and scope of it will surprise many people. It is astonishing.

Apart from that, I'd advise any Liverpool fans going to the match at the Etihad to bring a kagool - there is no roof on the South Stand at the moment as work continues on the stadium expansion. Naturally, rain is predicted. A lot of rain.”

What are your thoughts on Liverpool overall – what do you think of our summer business and what are you expecting from us this season?

Howard:  “To state the obvious they were the surprise package of last season and the football was the best I've seen from Liverpool for many years. I truly thought you had the title wrapped up and it would have been a tremendous achievement. Losing Suarez is a big blow, and I am surprised you haven't splashed the cash to bring in a big-name replacement. However, the money has been spread around the squad which you needed to do with European football this season and I didn't see any reason why you can't maintain the performances of last season. New signings take time to settle though and that may be your undoing. The signings are hardly inspiring, but that may be a good thing if they slot into the team ethos. I like Lovren and if Liverpool can tighten up in defence this season (and they need to) then who knows what might happen? My concern would be that Liverpool seemed to have only one (very successful) tactic of blowing away teams early doors and often faded later in games - it will be interesting to see what Rodgers has up his sleeve this season if teams successfully react to the high-tempo game.

One small tip for the next time you are in a title race - don't sing about winning the league until it is mathematically impossible to lose it - these things tend to come back and bite you on the arse as you found out. I didn't start singing about winning the league until the 89th minute of the West Ham match, but then I am always paranoid about things going wrong, it's in my blue DNA.”

We look set to complete the signing of your former striker, Mario Balotelli, in the coming days – what insight can you provide on our number 45 in waiting?

Howard:  “You might regret asking me that. For a full insight, you can see here: http://www.standingalone.co.uk/?p=90.

For many City fans, Balotelli is a cult hero and can do no wrong. The reality is he is a player of outstanding ability, with the potential to be one of the best, but his attitude and application constantly lets him down. There is a reason that a man approaching the peak years of his career keeps depreciating in value and whose exit is not being mourned by many Milan fans. The argument will go that Rodgers is the man who can handle him but there's no reason to think this when the likes of Mourinho, Prandelli and Mancini couldn't get to grips with him. Mancini was like a father-figure to him and still ended up fighting him, though the blame lies with both parties there. It's clear that Rodgers isn't convinced either by the transfer.

Many City fans though would disagree with everything I have said - they see only good in him as he was a character, a maverick who made football more interesting and was often harshly treated by officials in England (you only have to look at his red card at Anfield to see that).

Having said all that, he can be a successful buy for Liverpool. At £16m, a few million more than Shane Long recently cost, he is not the biggest gamble in the world, as long as you are not relying on him week-in week-out. His scoring record at Milan was good (though he does take penalties), he gives another option to your team and when he is on song he is unplayable. Unfortunately his head will drop at some point, he will be wound up, he will get sent off and he will think the world is against him. For all of Suarez's troubles, he always gave 100% on the pitch. This will not be the case with Balotelli, On the plus side, he's the best penalty taker I have ever seen. It's just such a shame Liverpool rarely get any penalties (#sarcasm).

To sum him up perfectly, I would say that in his time at City he only ever got one assist and it won us the league. That's Balotelli for you - get ready for a new media circus, endless (mostly fabricated) stories in the press and a roller-coaster ride.”

Turning attention to Monday evening then – how do you see the sides approaching the match, how do you see it playing out, and would you care to offer a prediction?

Howard:  “City have a habit of playing poorly against Liverpool, even if the results don't accurately reflect that. I can see another open game, similar to last season's offerings, and anything could happen, especially this early in the season. I think both teams will score, so am going for a narrow 2-1 win for City in lashing rain.”

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - MCFC vs LFC
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 08:47:08 pm »
Great show lads, I love it.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 08:53:47 pm »
Great show lads, I love it.

Same. Subscribed to their website and love the mid-week shows. :)

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 02:11:24 am »
Nice one, fellas - that's appreciated.

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - THFC vs LFC
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 02:12:24 am »
Pasted this in via my phone - I'll tidy up the formatting (apologies!) in the morning if I've a moment!

Match Preview:

Tottenham Hotspur welcome Liverpool to White Hart Lane on Sunday – two sides often discussed together over recent seasons as a consequence of league table proximity (often finding themselves between the best and the rest) and their activity in the transfer market.  After just two matches, it is the home side who hold the advantage – they sit top after wins against rivals West Ham United and Queens Park Rangers, whilst Brendan Rodgers’ side began the season with victory against Southampton but sit lower in the table after falling to defeat at Manchester City on Monday night.  Both Mauricio Pochettino’s side and their visitors have discovered who they are to face in European competition this season, and will recognise the importance of getting points on the board prior to the busy autumn period reaching full-swing.  Spurs supporters will be delighted to see their side sitting top of the league at this early stage, particularly after such change over the course of the last year or so, whilst Liverpool supporters, themselves observing much change of late, will be keen to see the Reds recover from early-season defeat by taking a victory away to a side who have start the season impressively.  Just 3 points, as always, are at stake, but Sunday’s result will be considered highly significant whether it proves to deliver a real statement of intent or assured redemption from the respective sides.

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15602

-----

Match Build-Up:

<a href="http://www.youtube/v/4vYyKo822p0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube/v/4vYyKo822p0</a>

-----

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Sunday’s match, The Redmen TV spoke with Spurs supporter Andrew Williams – thanks to Andrew for providing his insight:

The last decade, the last five seasons in particular, have been a considerable improvement upon the preceding years – with the new BT/Champions League deal, presumably now is the time to progress if you’re to push on rather than stay 4-6th in the forthcoming years?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Andrew:  “I remember the days of having to get a result against Wimbledon to stay in the 90’s so yes the last five seasons have been great! Obviously the top four is the aim, but its getting tougher and tougher each season! It’s worth remembering the winners of the Europa League will also qualify for the Champions League I can see a situation where we are chasing both and end up with nothing!”

Mauricio Pochettino has only been with you a matter of months and for just four competitive matches – what were your thoughts upon his appointment and how does he stand up to your closer scrutiny?

Andrew:  “I’m always very neutral when we make a new appointment and felt it could have gone either way! I went to both games home and away against Southampton last season which we won, both 3-2 so I was expecting goals. We performed a smash and grab on West Ham albeit we were down to ten men, I was really impressed with the performance against QPR and the way “Poch” appears to be getting the best out of Chadli, Lamela and Capoue.”

Last summer and last season was one of great upheaval – many months on now, do you think parting company with Andre Villas Boas was correct and what are your reflections of your time under Tim Sherwood’s management?

Andrew:  “I liked AVB I believe he was instrumental in bringing the best out of Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon two seasons ago. I don’t think he got all the targets he wanted last season and in the end (after a home defeat to Liverpool) he lost the dressing room and Levy had no choice. Tim did get us playing better football against the lesser teams however his record against the top 4 was poor. He has done a good job with the academy but the job was too big for him and he likes the sound of his voice to much. It will be interesting where he goes next.”

You sold Gareth Bale last summer and pursued quality AND quantity – once the dust had settled on the season, what were/are your reflections on that strategy?

Andrew:  “It difficult I don’t think the club expected Real to match what we wanted for him, and when they did we couldn’t turn it down. The players we signed will be better now having a season under their belt. The only one I worry about is Soldado “Poch” has already hinted Adebayor is first choice and maybe even Kane is second choice, at 29 there isn’t much of a resale value and is a very non Levy signing!”

You guaranteed yourselves Europa League qualification on Thursday evening – the competition struggles for appreciation in some quarters but in what regard to you hold it?

Andrew:  “I think it has changed in light of the recent change that the winner will now qualify for the Champions League. The group stage is always abit drab, and I think the Champions League is going that way too. Personally once you reach the knock outs its exciting stuff! We have a big enough squad to challenge so why not!”

You’ve broken roughly even for a second successive summer, but in a very different manner – what do you think of Spurs’ business this summer and are you expecting any further additions before the deadline?

Andrew:  “Its been slightly underwhelming we’ve signed a solid LB in Ben Davies, a decent back up keeper and a promising (free scoring) centre half in Eric Dier. I think “Poch” will move a few others out after the sale of club hero Michael Dawson (think Assou-Ekotto, Holtby, Sandro maybe Soldado) and that may enable us to bring in one or two, its no secret we are keen on Morgan Schneiderlin.”

So after what appears to have been a very good pre-season, you’ve won all four of your competitive matches this season – how do you feel about your start and what would you hope for from the next five league matches?

Andrew:  “Cant argue with how was have started, Liverpool will be our first big test and I cant wait! September we play Sunderland away where we’ve done well recently, Partizan at home, West Brom at home, Forest in the League Cup and then Arsenal at the Emirates. After that I think we’ll have a better idea what to expect from the season.”

You’re involved in four competitions, after sealing Europa League qualification on Thursday evening – what are your hopes and expectations for the season ahead?

Andrew:  “I hope the players enjoy their football and we can get a settled first 11 and start to click! If you offered me top four I’d bite your hand off! If there is a cup run or two on top of that then all the better.”

Are there any stories around the Club/amongst the fanbase that the mainstream may have missed out on?

Andrew:  “

What are your thoughts on Liverpool going into the new season?

Andrew:  “Its almost like your in the position we were last summer; you sold your match winner and best player and replaced him with several additions. I think for the first time there is pressure on Rodgers to get top four so it will be interesting how he responds to that if there is a drop in form.... oh and then there’s Mario!”

Turning attention to Sunday afternoon, then – how do you expect the sides to approach the game, how do you see it playing out, and would you care to offer a prediction?

Andrew:  “I hope both teams play to win and we come out on top 2-1”

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 02:22:23 am by jackh »

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - LFC vs AVFC
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 09:39:15 pm »
Liverpool vs Aston Villa

-----

Match Build-Up:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uhnH-ctr78E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uhnH-ctr78E</a>

-----

Match Preview:

Both Liverpool and Aston Villa can reflect on a decent start to the season as they prepare to resume Premier League football at Anfield on Saturday evening. The Reds opened with a tight victory at home to Southampton before falling at the hands of Manchester City on the road the following weekend – concerns over a potentially disappointing beginning were allayed a fortnight ago, however, as Tottenham Hotspur were dismissed at White Hart Lane in the manner of Brendan Rodgers’ 2013/14 title challenging side. Paul Lambert’s visitors have taken 7 points from their opening three – a win away to Stoke City and 4 home points against Newcastle United and Hull City may not excite the more long-sighted Villa supporter but an early points haul, and against these sides in particular, should considerably improve Villa’s chance of a top-half finish. This weekend kicks off a four match stint ahead of the next international break, during which Liverpool have been dealt an encouraging sequence but Villa face sterner challenges – nothing will be taken for granted by Rodgers or Lambert, however, with such runs providing the potential for pivotal upsets. A result for either side this weekend would likely see them in 2nd or 3rd position – though early in the season, that would provide an excellent foundation after four matches and significant optimism for the campaign ahead.

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15643

-----

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Saturday evening’s Anfield match, The Redmen TV spoke with Chris Nee, host of the Aston Villa Review podcast and co-editor of In Bed With Maradona – thanks to Chris for providing his insight:

After languishing in the lower reaches of the table for three seasons, after what was a very stable run, do you feel there’s an urgency to push on and avoid another of these increasingly familiar battles this season?

Chris:  “Ideally Aston Villa would be able to push on a little this season but I think the team will still need their wits about them. We have a battle on our hands and the biggest positive from our decent start is that we now have a team that looks like it’s willing to tackle that challenge from the very beginning of the season. There’s no complacency about our Premier League status, and the players and managers seem to be embracing the need to get over the line earlier and treat every point like it matters.”

You’ve observed Paul Lambert at Villa Park for two full seasons now, first avoiding the drop but last season not really pushing on – what are your thoughts on his management early in this third campaign?

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15640
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:21:00 pm by jackh »

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - THFC vs LFC
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 09:41:34 pm »
West Ham United vs Liverpool

-----

Match Preview:

Both West Ham United and Liverpool sit somewhat dissatisfied in mid-table as they prepare for Saturday night’s meeting at the Boleyn Ground – just 2 points separate the sides after four league matches.  The hosts were unfortunate to lose to a late goal at home to rivals Tottenham Hotspur on the opening day, but a victory away to Crystal Palace and a draw away to Hull City, either side of a home defeat to Southampton, helped them to 4 points and Sam Allardyce’s new signings have impressed at this early stage.  Brendan Rodgers’ side beat Southampton at home on the opening day and enjoyed a 3-0 victory over Spurs prior to the international break – the visitors lost away to Manchester City and home to Aston Villa either side of that early high, however, and the Villa result, in particular, determines that a potentially strong start is now viewed as rather lacklustre.  West Ham should be the fresher of the two sides, with Liverpool suffering with a few injuries and having also made their Champions League return midweek, but there’s a sense that there should be more to come from both sides and their new signings as we enter autumn.  Though Liverpool have decent recent record, West Ham always make this a difficult fixture – a draw will do little to ease concerns amongst either fanbase and both sets of supporters could feel very disappointed with their start to the season by Saturday night.

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15669

-----

Match Build-Up:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T06lWgcEC2k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/T06lWgcEC2k</a>

-----

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Saturday evening’s meeting, The Redmen TV spoke with supporter and friend of the show Dan Kirkby – thanks to Dan for providing his insight:

You’ve been comfortably mid-table since promotion in 2012, but isn’t it fair to say that you’re not the happiest fanbase?

Dan:  “Well from a personal perspective the only gripe I have with the club right now is the manager, although as gripes go that's a pretty big one. There was a poll jointly organised by a load of different West Ham websites a few months back, and out of 12,000 + respondents around three quarters wanted him gone - So I think it's fair to say that I'm in the majority!

In the interests of fairness I have heard some fans who are actually very vocal in their support for him. I think it basically comes down to the old romantics like me (who'd rather get relegated playing beautifully) vs the pragmatists who'd like to stay in the division at all costs, particularly until we move to Stratford.”

To many neutrals, you’re probably one of a set including Aston Villa, Newcastle United, and Sunderland, that should be achieving more – where do you, as a West Ham United supporter, aspire for your club to be?

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15667

-----

Cheers  :wave
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:44:29 pm by jackh »

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - LFC vs EFC
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 09:55:42 pm »
Liverpool vs Everton

-----

Build-Up - the lads from Toffee TV dropped in for a chat with Chris and Paul this week:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fccDOJ7WMOk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fccDOJ7WMOk</a>

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Basel vs LFC
« Reply #17 on: October 2, 2014, 01:26:33 am »
Basel vs Liverpool

-----

Match Reaction playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=PLJRb6yxlBkhOJ--Ym2F88zxv2WNns77W9&v=oJoKgAe-rIY

Here's Paul:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJoKgAe-rIY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oJoKgAe-rIY</a>

-----

(If anybody could advise how to embed a playlist, as above, that'd be greatly appreciated!)

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - LFC vs WBAFC
« Reply #18 on: October 4, 2014, 12:49:59 pm »
Liverpool vs West Bromwich Albion

-----

Match Preview:

Liverpool host West Bromwich Albion at Anfield this weekend, with the visitors enjoying an 1 point advantage over their hosts – the sides sit 14th and 10th following the opening six weekends of the league season.  The Reds find themselves struggling for form as we move into autumn – 6 points from the opening three matches represented a decent start, but they’ve taken just 4 points from the last five, losing home to Aston Villa and away to West Ham United, drawing in their home Merseyside Derby, and losing away in Basel since the last international break.  Alan Irvine’s side, on the other hand, started slowly and looked to be struggling for goals but have improved significantly during recent weeks – they’ve taken 7 from their last five in the league, enjoying successive victories away to Tottenham Hotspur and home Burnley, whilst also beating Hull City to progress, along with the Reds, into the League Cup Fourth Round.  A victory for Brendan Rodgers’ side would be a great relief going into the next break – 3 points should put Liverpool in the top half and restore parity with a number of their rivals within the pack, albeit well adrift of leaders Chelsea.  A win for the Baggies would send them well into the top half and give them a significant gap to the drop zone which, prior to any season, remains their priority.  Supporters of both sides will feel that they have reason to believe in a victory on Saturday and will hope that their teams can deliver – early points always carry great significance and three points either way here would represent either a salvaged start or a very strong one.

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15696.

-----

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Saturday’s visit of the Baggies, The Redmen TV spoke with supporters Brad Poole, who writes for Baggies Blog and the University of Central Lancashire, and Joe Chapman – thanks to Bran and Joe for providing their insights:

After a fantastic period following promotion, you’ve had a tough time of it since the start of 2013 – I suggested last season that ‘yo-yo-ing’ within the league, rather than between leagues, was a sign of the Club’s progress, but last season must have brought you right back down to earth after previous highs?

Brad:  “After our highest ever Premier League finish of eigth the season before, we were very optimistic for the season ahead, a small section even predicting a Europa league finish so it was disappointing to do so poorly. To hardly win a game all season was tough and it brought us right back down to reality, but at least were are in the Premier League. Hopefully the players can turn that into a positive so they do not find themselves in that position again.”

Joe:  “You can put down last season's drop down the league to many different factors. Each one is as predictable and well documented as the next. The failure to resign Romelu Lukaku, the sale of Shane Long, the sacking of Steve Clarke...

Ultimately there was a lot of uncertainty, and generally the squad wasn't good enough. We had five loanees (none of whom signed permanently), and individuals like Nicolas Anelka and Diego Lugano didn't perform half as well as we all hoped.

Ultimately we survived, the players scraped over the finish line and now we have a real opportunity to kick on again.”

You parted company with both Steve Clark and his replacement, Pepe Mel, last season – what were the reasons behind these appointments not working out and did/do you agree with their ‘departures’?

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15695.

-----

Match Build-Up:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tciy4dZVcOk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tciy4dZVcOk</a>
-----

Cheers  :wave
« Last Edit: October 4, 2014, 12:52:27 pm by jackh »

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - QPR vs LFC
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 08:38:07 pm »
Queens Park Rangers vs Liverpool

-----

Match Preview:

Queens Park Rangers and Liverpool resume their Premier League schedules at Loftus Road on Sunday, following the penultimate international break 2014. The sides, separated by just 6 points, sit disappointedly in 20th and 9th respectively. The hosts, having made an immediate top-flight return via the playoffs, have collected just 4 points so far (all at home with a victory over Sunderland and a draw with Stoke City) but are without a win in their last four matches. Brendan Rodgers’ side endured a dismal September, falling to league defeats at home to Aston Villa and away to West Ham United – their last outing, yielding a home win against West Bromwich Albion, could be considered to have provided a fresh start, though, given the stuttering form of many of their rivals. This run of four fixtures will see the sides reach eleven league matches and sides will likely begin to entrench in groups in the table ahead of the intense festive period – picking up points during autumn is therefore crucial. Harry Redknapp will be aware that the bottom three are already 4 points adrift of any relegation rivals, and QPR have a daunting run of fixtures against last season’s top three and fast-starting Aston Villa. The visitors face a more encouraging run and, just 2 points off where they need to be at the least, will be seeking to earn back some of the respect afforded to them last season over the coming weeks. The fixtures provide ten tight match-ups that could see the league being thrifty with points this weekend – supporters of both Queens Park Rangers and Liverpool will recognise an opportunity to make significant gains this weekend.

Continued at: http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15728.

-----

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Sunday’s match, The Redmen TV spoke with sports journalist and QPR supporter, James Hepworth – thanks to James for providing his insight:

After previously waiting fifteen years, you must be delighted to have made an immediate return to the Premier League – given your capitulation in 2012/13, were you expecting to be back so soon?

James:  “In all honesty I thought that we would be back soon. At the start of the season we went on a great unbeaten run and I thought we’d win the league. However from December onwards I thought that we would be lucky to reach the play-offs. Something which we ultimately achieved.”

What are your reflections on that dramatic Playoff Final victory against that much-fancied Derby County side?

Continued at: http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15727.

-----

Match Build-Up:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yFOA_RVcNpw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yFOA_RVcNpw</a>

-----

:wave

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - QPR vs LFC Goal Reactions
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 07:15:29 pm »
The light relief of the goal reactions on a stressful and emotional day ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3j_Oei2pc1w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3j_Oei2pc1w</a>

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 09:34:17 am »
The light relief of the goal reactions on a stressful and emotional day ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3j_Oei2pc1w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3j_Oei2pc1w</a>
Which one is you?

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 10:24:53 am »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 10:40:24 am »
In the grey polo.
Ah good - not the one who missed the first goal as he was on his mobile, or the one who missed the last one (but pretended not to) ;D

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 11:20:29 am »
Ah good - not the one who missed the first goal as he was on his mobile, or the one who missed the last one (but pretended not to) ;D

Nope - not a game to take your eyes off!

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Football Blogging Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:11 am »
If any RAWKites out there enjoy The Redmen TV's videos, Paul and Chris have been nominated for 'Best Video Blog' at this year's Football Blogging Awards, having taken the award last year - if you'd like to help them retain the award, you can vote by tweeting the following text or following the link below:

"I am voting in @TheFBAs for @TheRedmenTV as the Best #Video Football Blog"

http://www.footballbloggingawards.co.uk/blog/finalists-released-football-blogging-awards/

...and, of course, The Redmen TV exists because of the support of those who watch and enjoy it - if any existing, new, or non-viewers have any suggestions (content, production, etc) then do give us a shout either in here and I'll get the message over, or via Twitter direct to the lads.

-----

Whilst I'm here, I'm submitting my vote for Kirsty (The Liver Bird http://www.the-liver-bird.co.uk/) in the 'Best Female Blog' category - same method:

"I'm voting in @TheFBAs for the brilliant @LFCKirstyLFC as the Best #Female Football Blog".

Cheers :wave
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:07:05 pm by jackh »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 12:00:24 pm »
^ done & Anfield wrap & Kirsty.

No sign of rawk. Hard to believe that it's not one of the best?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 12:02:02 pm »
Whether it is or not, we haven't really ever engaged with things like that - nothing against them, mind.

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 12:07:22 pm »
^ done & Anfield wrap & Kirsty.

Nice one!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 12:10:18 pm »
Whether it is or not, we haven't really ever engaged with things like that

Love it :D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 03:26:32 pm »
That poor cushion at the end.  Gets thrown on the floor and then stamped on!

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - LFC vs Real Madrid
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 05:56:00 pm »
Liverpool vs Real Madrid
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DyBqD7Ciwp4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DyBqD7Ciwp4</a>

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - LFC vs Hull City
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 10:12:15 pm »
Liverpool vs Hull City

-----

Match Preview:

Just 3 points separate Liverpool and Hull City after eight league matches of the season, with the hosts holding the advantage in 5th as their visitors occupy 11th. Both arrive off the back of intense league matches last weekend, though Liverpool also fell to a 3-0 home defeat to Real Madrid on Wednesday – a dramatic late finish saw the Reds win 3-2 away at Queens Park Rangers whilst, also in London, Danny Welbeck’s injury time goal denied the Tigers a 2-1 victory over Arsenal. Misfiring Liverpool must be content with 5th after a difficult opening period of the season – they’ve taken 7 points from five league matches and are unbeaten in three, with back-to-back victories home to West Bromwich Albion and away to QPR helping Brendan Rodgers’ side towards the positions they aspire to occupy once again this season. Steve Bruce’s Hull have been similarly inconsistent – elimination from the Europa League was an early blow, and the Tigers have won just twice in the league, taking just 6 points from their previous five games featuring a 4-2 home defeat to Manchester City and a 2-0 home win over Crystal Palace. This is just the ninth weekend of the season and points remain at a premium at this early stage – the result of this match could see either side catapulted up the table or capitulate and tumble adrift of their ambitions, and both will be keen to better last weekend by marrying performance with result.

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15737.

-----

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Saturday’s visit of Hull City, The Redmen TV spoke with Amber Nectar’s Andy Dalton and Ian Waterson of City Independent – thanks to Andy and Ian for providing their insights once again:

Did you feel as though 16th rather undermined your quality and general performance level last season and strangely, given your inexperience, do you actually feel reasonably ‘established’ at this level this time around?

Andy:  “I don’t think clubs of our stature ever feel “established” at this level, at least not in the longer term. There are probably only 7-8 clubs at the start of a season for whom relegation is highly unlikely; for the rest of us it’s a constant concern. That said, City are extremely well prepared for that fight this season and it’d be a surprise and a disappointment not improve upon that 16th place finish – which itself was partially due to FA Cup prioritisation at the end of last season”.

Ian:  “Heh, you’re kidding right? We’re Hull City, there are no delusions of grandeur at this end of the M62, let me assure you. If City can avoid the ‘second season syndrome’ it will be seen as another roaring success for everyone connected with the club”.

Can you describe for us your emotions before, during, and after that FA Cup Final?

Continued at:  http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/15736.

-----

Match Build-Up:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/swinFsZVQ7w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/swinFsZVQ7w</a>

-----

Cheers :wave

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - LFC vs West Ham United
« Reply #33 on: February 1, 2015, 08:55:40 pm »
Been a bit side-tracked whilst settling into a new job/during the festive season/etc.  Will start maintaining this once again, starting with a load of content from before the weekend - better late than never  :wave

Liverpool vs West Ham United
Anfield, 15:00 Saturday

Match Preview:

Saturday’s Anfield meeting represents an unlikely six-pointer given that West Ham United and Liverpool ended 2013/14 separated by eleven places and 44 points, in 13th and 2nd respectively.  It is Sam Allardyce’s side who hold the advantage, by a single-position and a single-point, over a Liverpool side who fell to a 2-1 aggregate defeat to Chelsea in midweek after 210 minutes of thrilling League Cup Semi Final action.  The Hammers’ excellent form has faded of late, with them taking just 5 points from their last five – albeit only falling to defeat to Chelsea and Arsenal – but they avoided an FA Cup upset by winning 1-0 away to Bristol City last weekend.  Brendan Rodgers’ side were held to a goalless home draw by Bolton Wanderers last weekend, but are enjoying their best run of the season in the league; unbeaten in six, they’ve taken 13 points from their last five – only being held by an impressive two-goal comeback by Leicester City at Anfield.  Neither side can fall below the Reds’ 8th place this weekend but, with Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal both preparing for very winnable matches, they’re unlikely to break the top six either.  West Ham United supporters will be delighted with their season so far whilst, despite a disappointing first third, Liverpool’s position has their supporters feeling both relieved and optimistic ahead of four months that could yet yield great reward.  Both remain in an FA Cup that was blown wide open last weekend and, in good position and good form respectively, both sides will be aiming for a tone-setting victory as league football resumes this weekend.

...Continued at: http://theredmentv.com/blog/p/15938

Match Build-Up:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W37veXvloDI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/W37veXvloDI</a>

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Saturday’s meeting, The Redmen TV spoke once again with Hammers supporter and friend of the show Dan Kirkby – thanks to Dan for providing his insight:

Late January and you’re 7th in the league on 36 points – just 4 points off the top four – and generally considered fourth-favourites to lift the FA Cup – I imagine you’re a happy group of supporters?

Dan:  “I can't complain about the league form this year, the signings bedded in well and we really hit a good run of form there up until Xmas. There have been one or two blips since though, we didn't fare brilliantly over the festive period itself and we have a tough run of league fixtures coming up in Feb and early March. So I'm going to reserve judgment on the league until the end of the season. To be honest though at the start of the season I'd have been happy enough with a top half finish so no complaints really.

I think league safety is pretty secure now so I'd like to see us focus on the Cup to be honest. With those 4th Round results we're never going to have a much better run at going the distance. With a fair wind in the draw there's every chance we could avoid anyone half decent until the Semi and from there I think it's often about which team fancies it more on the day.

Who knows - Maybe we could meet you boys in the Final and avenge 2006?!”

You’ve made your feelings about Sam Allardyce known during past discussions – has 2014/15 made you reconsider your thoughts on the “cynical American football style dinosaur” at your helm?

...Continued at: http://theredmentv.com/blog/p/15936
« Last Edit: February 1, 2015, 09:17:31 pm by jackh »

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Southampton vs Liverpool
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2015, 05:52:46 pm »
Southampton vs Liverpool

Opposition XI:

Sunday serves up a key match in the battle for Champions League qualification, with Southampton welcoming Liverpool to St Mary’s Stadium for the third successive season since returning to the Premier League.  The 4th-placed hosts hold a 4 point advantage over the Reds – who occupy 7th – and have a significantly better goal difference.  A formidable autumn schedule saw Ronald Koeman’s side endure poor form but they’ve recovered well over the last two months; having lost just once in 9 league matches, they’ve taken 10 points from their last five.  Visitors Liverpool have also enjoyed a good couple of months; theirs off the back of a very poor start to the campaign – they’ve lost just once in their last twenty matches (over ninety minutes) and have taken 13 points from their last five.  Both the Saints and Brendan Rodgers’ side are fighting a common battle, with many perceiving 3rd and 4th – Champions League qualification – to be a five-way battle; Manchester United and Arsenal travel to Swansea City and Crystal Palace respectively, whilst Tottenham Hotspur host rivals West Ham United on Sunday.  Such a selection of fixtures suggest that points for any of the sides in the top-four battle will be hard-fought this weekend; as such, supporters of both Southampton and Liverpool will be aware that 3 points would likely represent great gains in what looks set to be a battle fought deep into May.

Ahead of Sunday’s meeting at St Mary’s, The Redmen TV spoke once again with Ben Lane of Southampton fansite Go Marching In – thanks to Ben for providing his insight an opinion:

You reached the 2003 FA Cup Final and enjoyed back-to-back promotions between 2010 and 2012, but would European qualification make 2014/15 your most enjoyable campaign in generations?

Ben:  “Don’t forget winning the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy in 2010!  On a serious note, I’d have to say that yes, this is the most enjoyable season I have ever witnessed in 28 years.  We threw first place in League 1 and the Championship away to Brighton and Reading respectively which took some of the gloss off and we find ourselves in a similar situation now regarding European qualification: having been in and around 3rd/4th spot for the majority of the campaign to blow it now and end up in the Europa League would be a serious anti-climax.  How times change eh?!  I was able to see Saints play in the UEFA Cup back in 03/04 but we were knocked out in the first round by Steaua Bucharest, at least the Europa League would give us a few more European nights/away days.  On any level, bearing in mind the media’s obsession with ‘a meltdown’ and my own pessimistic predictions at the start of the season, this has been one to remember.”

Southampton supporters seemed broadly pleased with the appointment of Ronald Koeman – what have you learned about him since?

...Continued at: http://theredmentv.com/blog/p/15977

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Liverpool vs Burnley
« Reply #35 on: March 3, 2015, 04:07:07 pm »
Liverpool vs Burnley

Wednesday evening will bring together beneath the Anfield floodlights two sides fighting very different Premier League battles, as top-four challengers Liverpool – currently 5th – face a Burnley side currently occupying 18th and hoping to avoid the drop.  Brendan Rodgers’ side are the league’s form team – unbeaten in eleven matches, they’ve taken 13 points from their last five and recorded a trio of excellent, significant, victories over Tottenham Hotspur, Southampton, and Manchester City.  The Clarets’ six-match winless run has seen them return to the drop-zone after a brief departure; recent performances have implied that Burnley are up for the fight, but 2 points from five – courtesy of draws with West Bromwich Albion and Chelsea – is not form indicative of survival potential.  Sustained and impressive form has enabled the Reds to take control of their route to a top-four finish, but they’ll hope that at least one rival – albeit unlikely to be 3rd placed Arsenal – drops points this weekend.  Sean Dyche will recognise that Crystal Palace, West Brom, and Hull City have opened up significant margins to the bottom-three and could all take strides towards safety this weekend.  With no league football for a week and a half after Wednesday night, supporters of both Liverpool and Burnley will hope that their sides can head into the brief break with positive results and performances to recall.

Ahead of Wednesday evening’s Anfield meeting, The Redmen TV spoke with Jamie Smith, editor of Burnley fansite No Nay Never – thanks to Jamie for providing his insight and opinion:

Your previous wait for a top flight return was 33 years but you’ve returned after just a 4 year absence this time – you must be delighted to be back so soon?

Jamie:  “Really pleased yeah, especially as it didn't look on the cards at the start of the season at all. We sold Charlie Austin two days before the first game and most people thought mid-table was the best we could do, but the partnership between Sam Vokes and Danny Ings lit the Championship alight and we had solid foundations behind them. From October it was clear we were contenders and there was never a wobble.”

Sean Dyche has been at the helm for two and a half years – what are your thoughts on your boss and what’s his reputation like amongst supporters?

...Continued at: http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/16021

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - Arsenal vs Liverpool
« Reply #36 on: April 2, 2015, 03:01:53 pm »
Arsenal vs Liverpool

Match Preview:

Arsenal host Liverpool at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday in what promises to be a pivotal match in the battle for qualification for the 2015/16 Champions League.  Arsene Wenger’s side currently occupy 3rd, 6 points ahead of the Reds and with a significant goal difference advantage.  The Gunners are in fine form, having won their last six league games, and recently beat Manchester United and Monaco away from home (though being eliminated from Europe on away goals).  Brendan Rodgers’ side had won their last five prior to the home defeat by Manchester United a fortnight ago and join Arsenal at the top of the form table over the last sixteen weeks, but that loss has put an extra edge on this meeting – the gap between the sides by Saturday evening will be 3, 6, or 9 points, with what could be deemed as many as or as few as seven matches remaining.  Manchester United host Aston Villa on Saturday, with Manchester City visiting Crystal Palace on Sunday, whilst challengers to Liverpool, Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur, travel to Everton and Burnley respectively.  The value that both sets of supporters place on performance is always evident, but there’s a clear sense that this Saturday’s meeting is all about the result given its high-stakes nature – the top four battle could be either be simplified or blown wide open once again this weekend.

... Continued at:

Match Build-Up:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eODkyF6yanI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eODkyF6yanI</a>

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Saturday’s meeting at the Emirates, The Redmen TV spoke with Frankie Hobbs, editor of Arsenal fansite The Highbury Clock – thanks to Frankie for providing his insight and opinion:

Nine seasons without a trophy ended at Wembley last May and you also won the Community Shield in August – has that silverware lifted a weight from the Club or was it ‘business as usual’ from August onwards?

Frankie:  “To an extent. Winning the FA Cup was fantastic and ended the trophy drought -- now it's time to go and win more meaningful trophies like the Premier League and Champions League. Whilst neither of these will happen this season, I think for the first time in a while we genuinely are heading in the right direction. We're signing top players and slowly putting things together. I would be very surprised to see us not challenge for the title next season.”

You’ve a highly-successful and well-respected Manager who’s character as a ‘stubborn visionary’ makes him a divisive figure – what are your thoughts on Arsene Wenger?

... Continued at: http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/16076

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Redmen TV 2014/15 - LFC vs Crystal Palace
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 10:57:25 pm »
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace

Preview:

Anfield opens its doors to supporters one last time this season, as Liverpool host Crystal Palace in the penultimate game of the Premier League campaign on Saturday.  With the Reds only realistically competing for Europa League qualification, and Crystal Palace likely to finish between 11th-13th, there is little on this game from a footballing perspective – Steven Gerrard’s final Anfield appearance dominated the headlines however, as the Liverpool Captain prepared to bid farewell to his adoring supporters prior to his departure for the MLS.  Gerrard has scored home (Premier League, 2013/14) and away (League Cup, 2005/06) against the Eagles during his career, and will be desperate to sign off in style in front of the adoring Kop.

Last season’s penultimate-weekend meeting between the sides, remains fresh in the mind of both sets of supporters – Liverpool, clinging on too title hopes, led 3-0 midway through the second-half before a Dwight Gayle-inspired Palace, celebrating an excellent season, stormed back to level the score late-on, all but ending the Reds’ valiant charge.  The season’s end is significantly more timid for both – following a decent run, three defeats in the last seven (and just 8 points from their last five) have ended Liverpool’s Champions League hopes, whilst Crystal Palace have followed four straight victories with four straight defeats since extending their top-flight stay became a formality.

Meetings between Liverpool and Crystal Palace appear to be adopting unlikely classic-status, and Steven Gerrard’s impending departure ensures that there will be great interest in this match-up, just as there was a year ago.

Opposition XI:

Ahead of Saturday’s Anfield meeting, The Redmen TV spoke again with Matt Woosnam of Palace fan-site Five Year Plan – thanks to Matt for providing his insight an opinion:

Despite a poor first half of the campaign and a drop-off since all but achieving safety, you’ve had another decent season of top-flight consolidation – is the Club geared up to really establish itself at this level now, or is that a myth beyond the top six or seven anyway?

Matt:  “With the shrewd financial planning of the owners which saw the club record a profit of around £23 million last season, we are now in a good position to kick on and improve the team with quality. This summer will see a lot of players leave and only three or four come in. If we can sign a good striker in the summer (a bit like you!) then I think there's a great chance to push on. But I don't like to think of it in terms of establishing ourselves as a Premier League side. No-one has a divine right to be in this league, but I'd like to think we can look towards the middle of the table rather than the bottom of the table. But there's definitely a great chance to become a club that has the potential to remain in the league for the forseeable future."

How much of a shock was Tony Pulis’ eleventh-hour resignation, and what do you identify as the reasons for the poor form under Colin Wanker?

Matt:  “It was a huge surprise. Despite the rumours of a falling out between the owners and Pulis, the fact that he actually left was not something anyone saw coming. To walk out on the eve of the season was very unprofessional from a man who you would think was one of the ultimate professionals. But I was never a Pulis fan anyway, from the start I felt he didn't fit in with the ideals at the club and the way CPFC 2010 wanted to operate. It was purely a short-term fix, and they never work as we saw with Warnock. The short-term saw Pulis keep the club up, but trying to sign "Pulis players" - and no, it's not a myth - would have been awful for the club. Warnock was just tactically inept. Football had moved on from when he was here before from 2007-2010. Passionate, old-school bollockings were not going to work with players who were earning significantly more than those who were around in our financially troubled times. Long balls to the striker in the Premier League were the sign of a desperately confused manager. A victory over you was a rare highlight under Warnock and I called for his head after the defeat to Southampton, as did many others. Fortunately the owners acted swiftly.”

Much-maligned at Newcastle United, Alan Pardew’s come in and done a good job – what do you put this down too, and do you see him as the manager to take Palace forward?

...Continued at: http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/16160

Match Build-Up:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VTPidnrDen0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VTPidnrDen0</a>

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2015, 02:51:36 am »
great channel, i enjoy watching your videos... keep it up the good work
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2015, 10:52:34 pm »
great channel, i enjoy watching your videos... keep it up the good work

Nice one.