Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 128953 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordon Ashley Femi Ibe
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2013, 06:56:12 pm »
Looks lively, not too sure what downing offers that ibe doesnt, especially against teams that sit back the entire match but hey ho.

Offline Nick @ TorchTriathlon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2013, 06:56:17 pm »
Cracking player
"Football is a lie"

Offline xx

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2013, 06:58:18 pm »
Should be ahead of Downing in the pecking order. So much pace, great dribbling, always positive and looks a goal threat.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »
Should be ahead of Downing in the pecking order. So much pace, great dribbling, always positive and looks a goal threat.

Because of his age and progression he has to be carefully managed.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2013, 06:59:59 pm »
Epitome of the young impact player from the bench. So talented and direct with it

Offline Akalasa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »
Looked much more dangerous than Downing when he came on. Hopefully we get in a quality right winger and have Ibe as an option on the bench. He's definitely a good player to use against tired legs.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2013, 07:02:19 pm »
Looks as big a prospect as Sterling and will probably be on the bench against Stoke after today

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2013, 07:04:32 pm »
End product is good for such a young lad
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »
Awesome potential this lad has. Wish we could start him ahead of Downing, but unfortunately he's still only 17 (pretty strong 17).

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2013, 07:07:33 pm »
He beat more players in 15 mins than Downing did in the whole game

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2013, 07:08:50 pm »
Hopefully, if Sterling isn't starting it's not going to be a case of one or the other on the bench. We could do with having them both as options in the match day squads.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2013, 07:08:51 pm »
Done well in his short cameo today.  Very fast and direct.  Offers so much more than 29 year old Downing.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2013, 07:09:44 pm »
He beat more players in 15 mins than Downing did in the whole game

That's patently not true. I thought Downing had a good game. There was the run downing made to the byline and pulled the ball back only for TWO Liverpool players to miss the ball completely.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »
Every time he comes on and does some half decent stuff against tired legs people are desperate for him to be in the first team.

He's 17, his strength and pace are his main attributes, he has a long way to go before we can consider him good enough to play our tactical system against the top sides, he needs a year with the 21's/on loan, if he impresses and develops his game, then start looking at him in PL matches

There is no need nor reason to rush him, we already have Sterling who is a significantly more rounded player

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2013, 07:10:50 pm »
That's patently not true. I thought Downing had a good game. There was the run downing made to the byline and pulled the ball back only for TWO Liverpool players to miss the ball completely.

Downing slows the play down completely though, its utterly pointless.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2013, 07:12:10 pm »
Every time he comes on and does some half decent stuff against tired legs people are desperate for him to be in the first team.

Exactly why he'll be such a useful option to have on the bench. Oh and it's been more than "some half decent stuff".
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline fantsland

• Kemlynite
« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2013, 07:16:40 pm »
Downing had a good game. Ibe did well when he came on. Ibe is still learning. Dont puff him up too much.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 10, 2013, 07:20:29 pm »
He was facing a player as equally inexperienced as him to be fair, and Downing did have a good game beforehand. Still lots of positive signs, definitely a player who could make an impact coming off the bench this season.

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:27 pm »

The problem is exactly that. He does not try beyond having a good game. His good game is working hard, running up and down. But he won't go further behind defenders. Had plenty of shots / crosses that were blocked. Ibe has that unpredictability, something Downing lacks.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2013, 07:24:07 pm »
He did well when he came on and he generally had a solid pre-season. I think he'll be a decent option to have in the squad this season.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2013, 07:25:49 pm »

He's 17, his strength and pace are his main attributes, he has a long way to go before we can consider him good enough to play our tactical system against the top sides, he needs a year with the 21's/on loan, if he impresses and develops his game, then start looking at him in PL matches

There is no need nor reason to rush him, we already have Sterling who is a significantly more rounded player
But that speed and directness can surely be utilised towards the end of Premiership games? We have no one in our squad with his speed and directness. Sterling has the speed, but not the directness and initial speed of Ibe. I would start Sterling and bring on Ibe with 20 minutes to go.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2013, 07:32:40 pm »
Sterling seems slower than he did for the reserves/18's but somehow Ibe seems faster.

Just an observation. Either way, they're both class though.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2013, 06:42:57 am »
Sterling seems slower than he did for the reserves/18's but somehow Ibe seems faster.

Just an observation. Either way, they're both class though.

Think Sterling is quite agile but I don't think his top end speed is that great. His acceleration however is quite good but I think the biggest problem Sterling had last season was basically him not having enough pace to knock it past defenders and run. Initially they tried to get too close to him and he would quite easily spin away from them but after a few games they gave him a yard of space and he didn't quite seem to know what to do because he wasn't fast enough to just knock it past and run or skillful enough to do something with just that yard of space.

Ibe doesn't struggle with that. He can quite comfortably knock the ball past someone and get to it. And I think it's  a huge difference to their play. I reckon Sterling has to grow slightly bigger and faster and there is no reason why he won't given he is only 18 for him to be able to do what he was doing at the U-18 level where no one could stand with him.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline MerseysideRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2013, 09:29:36 am »
Ibe is younger, faster, better technique and low salary than Downing.

Stew good luck in WHU. :wave
Look for a moment homeless eyes http://www.danslapeaudunsansabri.com/

"When Stewart Downing, the second most overpriced player in history and a player ridiculed for his lack of goalscoring ability, takes all of two minutes to find the net, you know you’ve got a few issues."- by The Duke . . . Wigan fan after our win with four goals

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2013, 12:13:31 pm »
Ibe is younger, faster, better technique and low salary than Downing.

Stew good luck in WHU. :wave

Lets not start comparing him to an England international already, at least let him play 20 seinor games!

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2013, 01:43:15 pm »
Slag on Downing thread? Downing was nowhere near as bad as some are making out and put it on a plate for Coutinho to equalise.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »
Could be world class this lad.

Hey people, I just managed to praise him without lambasting downing, some of you should try it.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2013, 01:57:03 pm »
The problem is exactly that. He does not try beyond having a good game. His good game is working hard, running up and down. But he won't go further behind defenders. Had plenty of shots / crosses that were blocked. Ibe has that unpredictability, something Downing lacks.

I agree with this and I think we should be looking to improve on Downing but he does his job well. He provides tactical balance and part of me thinks we're going to have a problem with balancing the side this season.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2013, 03:21:18 pm »
I agree with this and I think we should be looking to improve on Downing but he does his job well. He provides tactical balance and part of me thinks we're going to have a problem with balancing the side this season.

Exactly. They are playing on opposite flanks, have different styles and roles and are over ten years apart - I don't see why the comparison is there with Downing. Sterling and Ibe are the two players we should be looking at, Downings position on the field and at the club is totally different.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline MerseysideRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2013, 07:41:23 pm »
It's time to change the stupid spending money on players who give us nothing. Now is time for fresh young guys. Look at the ManU. They already have young fresh team. Why? Because they not throw cash in the garbage. Cole, Carroll and now Downing. WHU takes them all. Sterling, Ibe this is are future.
Look for a moment homeless eyes http://www.danslapeaudunsansabri.com/

"When Stewart Downing, the second most overpriced player in history and a player ridiculed for his lack of goalscoring ability, takes all of two minutes to find the net, you know you’ve got a few issues."- by The Duke . . . Wigan fan after our win with four goals

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2013, 07:45:39 pm »

Hey people, I just managed to praise him without lambasting downing, some of you should try it.

No, it was obvious you were having a sly dig at Downing by saying he isn't world class.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2013, 07:51:01 pm »

I think it's a bit early to be saying that. Let's see at the end of his first senior season!

Offline Arthurs Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:03 pm »
Better than Sterling. Hang on to those two, one on either side in a 3, in a couple of years they could be very good.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »
Better than Sterling. Hang on to those two, one on either side in a 3, in a couple of years they could be very good.

Can't say it better than this:
I think it's a bit early to be saying that. Let's see at the end of his first senior season!
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2013, 01:59:34 pm »
If this lad was barca b team and we were in for him for 15m. 
I would be unbelievably excited.

Offline crofty

• Main Stander
  • And number one is...
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2013, 02:34:17 pm »
This guy is 17 and can grow better facial hair than the average grown man.
Game, set and match.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2013, 10:08:30 pm »
Not ready

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2013, 10:14:14 pm »
Not ready

Maybe not - but the lad should learn so much from this game.

More disappointed with the attitude of the more senior players than learning that Jordon Ibe isn't quite ready to be honest.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #238 on: August 27, 2013, 10:20:06 pm »
Not ready

Not for 120 minutes he isn't.

He has shown some very good play at times tonight though, and should be used sparingly over this season to allow him to bed in.

Huge huge prospect.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2013, 10:21:49 pm »
Started really well, but lost himself a bit as the game went on. A great prospect.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?