Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 128921 times)

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jordon Ibe
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:08:13 pm »
dont see a thread so this will be it.

a rare English youngster with composure and a bit of understanding of the game....to go with his rolls royce running style.

just keep your head down and keep learning from the likes of coutinhio aspas and alberto...you wont go wrong then.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:45:05 am by SP »
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Dale Doback

• a bit confused
  • Anny Roader
  • Shakedown, 1979
Re: Jordan Ibe
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 01:14:37 pm »
Once in a generation player. We're lucky to see the his ilk grace the LFC shirt in our lifetimes. Will go down as one of the greats of the modern game.

PS: You forgot to put world class in the title

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »
Jordon.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 01:26:05 pm »
Ibe, Sterling, Suso and I belive Yesil will be at their level when he gets going. Not bad at all

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 01:30:41 pm »
Once in a generation player. We're lucky to see the his ilk grace the LFC shirt in our lifetimes. Will go down as one of the greats of the modern game.

your right you are confused
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 01:37:27 pm »
Let's hope he's our new Barnesy.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 01:39:48 pm »
Ibe, Sterling, Suso and I belive Yesil will be at their level when he gets going. Not bad at all

Pretty good no? The talent is very exciting.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 01:39:56 pm »
We've got a right good batch of kids coming through - for those of us who've seen more of him, how would you compare his development stage to that of Sterling and Suso?
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 01:43:33 pm »
We've got a right good batch of kids coming through - for those of us who've seen more of him, how would you compare his development stage to that of Sterling and Suso?
In terms of development and and being able to influence a game I'd say he is a bit ahead of Suso but the latter does have the potential to be very good

Online DefJack

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 01:47:59 pm »
Needs a year to prove himself at U21 level, was an under 18 for most of last year

No need to rush him

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 01:58:47 pm »

Think it's hard to compare the 3. And a pretty fruitless exercise. Considering how different they all are to each other.

The thing that Ibe has going for him that neither Suso not Sterling do are genuine physical attributes.

Ibe's a born athlete, he's broad, he's thick set but it in no way inhibits his incredible speed. He's not just got acceleration either, he'll maintain it over distance, he just eats up the pitch if he's allowed to.

Those sorts of physical gifts can push a player along at a much earlier stage than of they weren't there. I doubt Ibe would have made his debut without his pace and the fact his body really isn't all that in sync with the majority of 17 year olds.

This isn't to say the lad can't play, cos he certainly can, it's just clearly helped a lot.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 02:35:43 pm »
Ibe is a machine! To early to say how he will end up, but he has footballing talent and the athletic attributes to go with it. Gonna enjoy watching him develop over the next couple of years.  8)
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 02:45:59 pm »

Fishing for a place on Red Cafe are we?

Hopefully Ibe continues to impress and gets a couple of chances in the first team this season.

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 02:59:00 pm »
just keep your head down and keep learning from the likes of coutinhio aspas and alberto

...and Sterling

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 03:42:49 pm »

What a shockingly shit contribution to the thread. Well done.

Very raw talent obviously given his age but could be some player in a few seasons if continues on in his development.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 03:53:17 pm »

No one will be happier than me if a few of them cut it here but we've been saying this for years and years.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 04:31:38 pm »
No one will be happier than me if a few of them cut it here but we've been saying this for years and years.

I guess people would of said the same in previous years but the current lads coming through look the most talented for years. Ibe, Suso and Sterling in particular have a very good chance of becoming very good players.

Offline SweetSilverSevens

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 05:30:51 pm »
Needs a year to prove himself at U21 level, was an under 18 for most of last year

No need to rush him

I think he'll still be predominantly an U21s player, and will only get a handful of senior games.... especially with no European football.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jordan Ibe
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 05:35:02 pm »

That's true on its face, but really I can think of few youth players from the past decade who had me as excited as even a single one of our many current promising youngsters. Mellor, briefly Le Tallec and Sinama, Insua, Kelly - I'm sure there were some more but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. I am as excited or more about more than that many players right now. Obviously that doesn't mean they'll all make it, but at least personally I'd definitely say that I feel differently about our current crop than I have in the past.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 06:46:51 pm »

No need to rush him
Realistic attitude that.

Give him a few chances and he will be happy to develop (still, I'd be happy on £200k a year at this age too!)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 06:51:06 pm »
He's certainly physically gifted, but I do wonder about his end product. Sterling had a better scoring record at both the u18 and u21 level, and although he gave many teams the runaround (particularly in the second half of the season) I still felt had some trouble finding that final ball.

I do think he's a massive talent though. Would love to see him play centrally.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 06:59:39 pm »
He's too good for us. Gone by September 1st.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 07:04:38 pm »

Every club says this about every batch of kids everywhere.

However, that being said, I think it's fairly clear that the generation of kids in our academy right now are objectively better than at any time over the past two decades.  A lot of that is down to flexing our financial and reputational muscles in recruitment, as we've bought up a lot of top 15-17 year olds over the past few years.  Some of it is also down to improved coaching, especially in the older age groups.  The point still stands that we should expect several squad members and probably another first XI-quality player or two out of the academy in the next 5 years - there really are that many quality youngsters there right now.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 08:21:31 pm »
He's certainly physically gifted, but I do wonder about his end product. Sterling had a better scoring record at both the u18 and u21 level, and although he gave many teams the runaround (particularly in the second half of the season) I still felt had some trouble finding that final ball.

Two games 1 goal and one assist, I wouldn't worry about end product.

I think the thing about Ibe is that at his age he understands his strengths and weaknesses a bit better than boys his age and is better at using them to benefit the team. You hardly see him trying to dribble 3 defenders or running down blind alleys. to be honest alot our youngsters are quite similar I guess its a credit to the coaches at youth level.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 08:28:27 pm »
Ibe is an exciting prospect
but don't hype him too much
i think since LFCTV started alot of our youngsters are overated by some fans
the difference between u21,u18 & 1st team level is huge

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 08:30:39 pm »
Digger mkII in the making. Same thighs too.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 08:33:51 pm »
Permission to over hype, get carried too early early, not bide my time and then be let down immensely, sir!?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 08:36:22 pm »
Permission to over hype, get carried too early early, not bide my time and then be let down immensely, sir!?

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 08:39:53 pm »
Ibe is an exciting prospect
but don't hype him too much
i think since LFCTV started alot of our youngsters are overated by some fans
the difference between u21,u18 & 1st team level is huge
Don't see anyone over-hyping him

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 08:40:28 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 08:57:19 pm »
The good thing about -prospects- is they get more time than players bought to the first-team (insert: Borini/Allen).

Did not catch the game against Preston but he looked very composed vs QPR, and well-built like stated earlier. Looking forward to see him develop through time.

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 09:01:58 pm »
Not seen such a young player out muscle full grown men in such a way since Coates in 2010-11.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 09:23:01 pm »

I think the thing about Ibe is that at his age he understands his strengths and weaknesses a bit better than boys his age and is better at using them to benefit the team. You hardly see him trying to dribble 3 defenders or running down blind alleys. to be honest alot our youngsters are quite similar I guess its a credit to the coaches at youth level.

Two games isn't really a huge sample size. Plus one of them was a friendly, and the other might as well have been.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 01:06:56 am »

Three games. He played against Toronto last pre-season.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 01:24:29 am »

You got the figures there for them both at both levels?

I always thought Ibe had more of an end product when it came to goals scored so would be interesting to see them.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 02:33:13 am »

I see what you did there !

:wellin
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 04:33:19 am »

This is shocking understatement. Isn't it perfectly obvious that Ibe is the next Pele, and that messi and ronaldo have to kowtow and genuflect to his clear superiority and genius? He has more talent in his left foot than Rooney, Suarez and Van Nistelroy put together. Future generations in England shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks that saw Jordan Ibe play the Anfield way.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 05:05:59 am »
This is shocking understatement. Isn't it perfectly obvious that Ibe is the next Pele, and that messi and ronaldo have to kowtow and genuflect to his clear superiority and genius? He has more talent in his left foot than Rooney, Suarez and Van Nistelroy put together. Future generations in England shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks that saw Jordan Ibe play the Anfield way.

Indeed, Rene Descartes' famous saying 'I think therefore I am' has officially be changed into 'Ibe therefore I am'. That's how good he is.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 06:22:21 am »
You got the figures there for them both at both levels?

I always thought Ibe had more of an end product when it came to goals scored so would be interesting to see them.

Going off of the official site I looked up some figures. They don't have the full team in their match reports though, so I may have missed some of the appearances.

Ibe had 1 goal in 4 starts for the u18s, and 1 goal in 10 starts for the u21s. Also had 6 appearances and no goals in NextGen. Had a fair few in the Youth Cup run though.

For comparison, during the 11/12 season Sterling had 6 goals in 18 starts for the reserves. Don't think he played too many times for the u18s so I didn't bother looking that up. Also had 1 in 8 in NextGen. I didn't look up assists specifically, because they normally don't list them, but its worth noting that Raheem's name cropped up a lot more time than Ibe's when it came to providing assists.

Ibe is probably the better athlete, and possibly a bit faster, but Sterling is without a doubt the more talented and intelligent. I'm really looking forward to seeing them play together for the first team, it should be exciting.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 06:55:32 am »
Sterling's record at U18s and U21s was 14 goals in 36 games (33) starts . Goal every 2.5 games. Including NextGen it's 15 in 44, or just under 1 in 3. If you include the youth cup I think it works out at 21 goals in 49 games. Goal every 2.3 game). I guarantee he's assisted more goals than he's scored at the lower levels. Probably a lot more, but I'm fucked if I'm going looking for Sterling's assist stats as a 15 year old in the U18s. It'll be a lot and more than Ibe's.

Sterling's defo ahead on the end product at the younger levels. I don't think it matters though. Ibe's built like a bull and is faster (for my money) than Sterling, especially carrying the ball over distance. He doesn't need to be as good as Sterling to provide a fairly scary opponent for tired defenders in the back end of games, or to be ready to get a few games here and there in the Carling Cup.

When you get players like Ibe they're probably going to have a good initial impact because not many defenders will have seen them, and they're super fast and fearless, then they'll probably go off the boil a bit. If he's up with the first team squad (which he seems to be) then it wouldn't surprise me if that's what Rodgers is after off him this year. He's probably got an advantage over Sterling when he came in - he's coming in to a better team and even if he's great we won't need to be relying on him early doors. Oh, and he's built like a man. Sterling has always been very slight (because he's always been playing well above his age group). Jordan Ibe's built like a rugby winger (not a Welsh one obviously, but nobody's perfect).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:17:09 am by Juan Loco »
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society