Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1157067 times)

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #40 on: March 5, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »
I wouldn't read much into it mate. I do recall that and noticed for a lot of the second half he was 'slightly off emotionally' for want of a better expression but I just think it was a bit of frustration that he hadn't scored despite playing really well and going very close a few times off some great moves. Or it simply could be he was still carrying his knock for all we know and knew he wasn't up to top speed and was frustrated at that. Either way, I think it's something in nothing.

Also the fact that he doesn't really show his emotions that much. That's the kind of personality he is.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: March 5, 2013, 05:12:06 pm »
He has the same mouth as me, if I'm not smiling I always have people asking me what's wrong. I must look like a right grumpy bastard

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #42 on: March 5, 2013, 05:19:16 pm »
Seen some really good play from the lad whilst he's been here, however I didn't like the slumped shoulders when Suarez  chose to shoot " and score " rather than pass to him last game. Hope it's not a sign of things to come.
Not much in that I think. If it's something that we keep noticing game in and game out, then maybe it could be an issue. Dealing with the end of an injury and missing a few chances can hammer on a Forwards nerves, but it's not a real serious emotional issue.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Gazzab

• Main Stander
« Reply #43 on: March 5, 2013, 07:32:44 pm »
I wouldn't read much into it mate. I do recall that and noticed for a lot of the second half he was 'slightly off emotionally' for want of a better expression but I just think it was a bit of frustration that he hadn't scored despite playing really well and going very close a few times off some great moves. Or it simply could be he was still carrying his knock for all we know and knew he wasn't up to top speed and was frustrated at that. Either way, I think it's something in nothing.

I hope so as I honestly think we have a real player who could turn into a right bargain.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 5, 2013, 07:45:14 pm »
Who cares what his body language is if it doesn't affect his play?

For me Sturridge's body language isn't the damaging type as in he's just going to give up, but more he aims for individual honours. That doesn't mean that he'll never pass the ball (he's shown he will and is adept at linking play) but every game he will be disappointed if he doesn't score, even moreso than your average striker. Precisely the type of player we needed in the team.

Offline Gazzab

• Main Stander
« Reply #45 on: March 5, 2013, 08:19:54 pm »

For me Sturridge's body language isn't the damaging type as in he's just going to give up, but more he aims for individual honours. That doesn't mean that he'll never pass the ball (he's shown he will and is adept at linking play) but every game he will be disappointed if he doesn't score, even moreso than your average striker. Precisely the type of player we needed in the team.

The best strikers in the world have the same hunger but are team players also.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 6, 2013, 03:33:58 am »

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
« Reply #47 on: March 6, 2013, 04:26:09 am »

Yeh. It is very natural. Especially that the team is 4-0 up or that. You tend to want to score and when someone doesnt pass it to you and they score you don't really care.

It's not bad attitude or anything. Game was over, he wanted a goal for himself and 10 minutes later he got it.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #48 on: March 6, 2013, 07:59:50 am »
Having someone on the pitch hellbent on scoring is a GOOD thing. Sure Sturridge looks misrable when he isn't on the score sheet but it's understanable as it's his job to score goals. It's not like he is a ball hog and shoots when there are better option so his desire to score isn't hurting his overall play or the team.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #49 on: March 6, 2013, 08:34:29 am »
someone trying to plant a few negative seeds here? ...hoping they'll grow?...get to fuck will yer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everytime we come up with something good...something that would take us forward and closer to where we want to be...some prick comes up with a negative
Have a word eh ?
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 6, 2013, 09:44:29 am »
Is he recovered from his "knock"?

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 6, 2013, 09:52:06 am »
Echo running that he'll be available.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/03/06/daniel-sturridge-expected-to-return-for-liverpool-fc-v-tottenham-hotspur-this-weekend-100252-32930199/

DANIEL STURRIDGE is expected to be fit for Liverpool FC’s clash with Tottenham Hotspur this weekend.

The England striker has been nursing a thigh complaint in recent weeks, and missed the Reds’ 4-0 win at Wigan Athletic on Saturday as a result.

But he will return to full training today and should be in the squad as high-flying Spurs visit Anfield on Sunday.

The 23-year-old’s return should provide Brendan Rodgers with another boost as his side look to close the gap on the Premier League’s top four. The Reds currently sit seventh, 10 points behind fourth-placed Chelsea, and 12 adrift of Tottenham.

With Sturridge available for selection, Rodgers is left with something of a selection headache in attack. Both Philippe Coutinho and Stewart Downing impressed in supporting roles at Wigan, whilst Luis Suarez’s scintillating form makes him undroppable.

Sturridge has himself been in fine form since his January switch from Chelsea, scoring five goals in seven appearances for his new club. He has found the net in both of his Anfield outings so far.

Rodgers does have the option of restructuring his attack to accommodate the former Manchester City man, using Sturridge and Suarez as a front pairing, with Coutinho and Downing as more orthodox wide players.

That would mean sacrificing midfielder Joe Allen from the side which won at Wigan, but produces an attacking system which is perhaps more suited to playing at home. Sturridge and Suarez, as a duo, have scored seven times in six appearances together.

Defender Martin Skrtel, meanwhile, remains on the injured list for the Reds.

The Slovakian, 28, has not featured in the Premier League since the defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford on January 13, and is currently sidelined with a knee problem.

Having yet to return to full training, Skrtel is not expected to feature at all against Tottenham, with Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger continuing at the heart of defence, and Andre Wisdom and Sebastian Coates in reserve.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 6, 2013, 10:42:26 am »
Does anyone know if this recent thigh injury is a repeat of the injuries of the past? I know he has a bit of a history muscle type injuries.. Hope we can get it managed and eliminated ala Gerrard.

Offline subroc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 6, 2013, 10:44:55 am »
Echo running that he'll be available.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/03/06/daniel-sturridge-expected-to-return-for-liverpool-fc-v-tottenham-hotspur-this-weekend-100252-32930199/

DANIEL STURRIDGE is expected to be fit for Liverpool FC’s clash with Tottenham Hotspur this weekend.

The England striker has been nursing a thigh complaint in recent weeks, and missed the Reds’ 4-0 win at Wigan Athletic on Saturday as a result.

But he will return to full training today and should be in the squad as high-flying Spurs visit Anfield on Sunday.

The 23-year-old’s return should provide Brendan Rodgers with another boost as his side look to close the gap on the Premier League’s top four. The Reds currently sit seventh, 10 points behind fourth-placed Chelsea, and 12 adrift of Tottenham.

With Sturridge available for selection, Rodgers is left with something of a selection headache in attack. Both Philippe Coutinho and Stewart Downing impressed in supporting roles at Wigan, whilst Luis Suarez’s scintillating form makes him undroppable.

Sturridge has himself been in fine form since his January switch from Chelsea, scoring five goals in seven appearances for his new club. He has found the net in both of his Anfield outings so far.

Rodgers does have the option of restructuring his attack to accommodate the former Manchester City man, using Sturridge and Suarez as a front pairing, with Coutinho and Downing as more orthodox wide players.

That would mean sacrificing midfielder Joe Allen from the side which won at Wigan, but produces an attacking system which is perhaps more suited to playing at home. Sturridge and Suarez, as a duo, have scored seven times in six appearances together.

Defender Martin Skrtel, meanwhile, remains on the injured list for the Reds.

The Slovakian, 28, has not featured in the Premier League since the defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford on January 13, and is currently sidelined with a knee problem.

Having yet to return to full training, Skrtel is not expected to feature at all against Tottenham, with Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger continuing at the heart of defence, and Andre Wisdom and Sebastian Coates in reserve.

Good, we need him against Sours as that game iwll be a real acid test of our progress so far.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 6, 2013, 10:51:04 am »
He has the same mouth as me, if I'm not smiling I always have people asking me what's wrong. I must look like a right grumpy bastard

I seen him at the Kanye West gig last weekend.

Looked pretty happy.

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time

Offline Dontthinkdo

• I, before I post.
  • Main Stander
  • YOLO
« Reply #56 on: March 6, 2013, 11:05:20 am »
I hope so as I honestly think we have a real player who could turn into a right bargain.

definitely if we brought him start of season we'd probably be in top 4
Liverpool fan on talksport dropped a baconface before getting cut off  ;D

Can't believe I read earlier on here that the ref ruined the game. Fucking hilarious.

^_^

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #57 on: March 6, 2013, 11:19:35 am »
If the club cant give him a yoghurt deal, then he'll be off as soon as.

Who does he say people think he looks like? Dane Tay something?
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 6, 2013, 11:23:35 am »
Denzel Washington.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 6, 2013, 11:38:59 am »
If the club cant give him a yoghurt deal, then he'll be off as soon as.

Who does he say people think he looks like? Dane Tay something?

http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/get-in-touch

I just sent them an email saying that they should send him some yoghurts.

Internet terrorists get on it  ;D

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 6, 2013, 12:00:19 pm »
I seen him at the Kanye West gig last weekend.

Looked pretty happy.

Fine it's just me then  >:(

;D

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 6, 2013, 12:17:35 pm »
Striker miserable when not on the scoresheet shocker.

Offline Kicked_Into_Touch

• Kopite
« Reply #62 on: March 6, 2013, 01:27:19 pm »
made me laugh! Comical!  :)

hahahaha

"...that's not my champagne, it's my dad's champagne...."

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 6, 2013, 07:56:34 pm »
Seems like a funny bloke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWTuEALdRFU

Top comment had me as well.

It's like he expects 3 goals a game and anything less is not good enough.

Please do well this weekend D.S. and get your yoghurt deal!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #64 on: March 6, 2013, 09:37:51 pm »
... and a lot of us gave Brendan stick about wanting to sign him then to be fair. We're a right bunch of know-nothings.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #65 on: March 6, 2013, 10:14:58 pm »
... and a lot of us gave Brendan stick about wanting to sign him then to be fair. We're a right bunch of know-nothings.

Absolutely me included, not giving the gaffer stick but certainly doubting he was the goods and that was despite a lad who watched him at Bolton week in week out waxing lyrical

Seems like a really sound lad too

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #66 on: March 6, 2013, 10:58:07 pm »
That interview is pretty funny. If he's being intentional with the Raquel/ Rachel thing, then that's genuinely brilliant comedy.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #67 on: March 6, 2013, 10:59:49 pm »
Top lad.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Nick @ TorchTriathlon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet
« Reply #68 on: March 6, 2013, 11:00:50 pm »

Unmistakably the most committed phrase I've ever read, maybe.
"Football is a lie"

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 6, 2013, 11:02:10 pm »
Unmistakably the most committed phrase I've ever read, maybe.

Haha  ;D

Offline Nick @ TorchTriathlon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet
« Reply #70 on: March 6, 2013, 11:04:19 pm »
Fantastic lad. Brilliant on the pitch and off. And he's ours. It's incredible how much his presence on the team sheet affects my confidence that we'll twat them. Second only to Suarez.
"Football is a lie"

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 6, 2013, 11:24:58 pm »

Aye mate, i bought the media bollocks - lesson learned there.

He's been terrific in every sense since arriving here, power to the lad.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline lovestospooge

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: March 6, 2013, 11:46:39 pm »
The best strikers in the world have the same hunger but are team players also.

i saw ibrahimovic a week and a half ago in paris, i can confirm the second part isn't true.  ;)

danny's been just fine, he'll only improve and he's found the club he can call home.

and imagine if we got him in the torres deal like it was rumored and didn't splash for andy?

i remember a great post, post-torres when we are all shooting off the "what-ifs" and "how will we ever replace him", etc. one of the older guys pointed out our history of strikers and said something along the lines "it's not them, it's us...we make great strikers not buy them".

i feel like sturridge ticks the boxes for that statement.

Offline subroc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 7, 2013, 04:30:32 am »

Don't be too hard on yourself - we were wrong about Sturridge but we were right about Konchesky, that Danish mdifielder who was signed by Hodgson but whose name escapes me, Carroll, and that Scottish midfielder who was driven into Melwood by Dalglish himself but whose name seems to have been completely deleted from  my memory. We were mostly right about Downing as well.

Offline G8S7

• Legacy Fan
  • At the end of the storm There's a golden sky
Sv: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #74 on: March 7, 2013, 06:04:22 am »
Funny how most of the fans didn't wanted him near our club and said he's selfish, awful striker and much more.  This with a big part of the fans didn't had watched him properly and were only going with the negative storm.

Offline SYLENTm

• ight be a total uppet :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is Anfield!
    • The Liverpool Way / My FM Story (to start soon)
Re: Sv: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #75 on: March 7, 2013, 06:33:16 am »
Funny how most of the fans didn't wanted him near our club and said he's selfish, awful striker and much more.  This with a big part of the fans didn't had watched him properly and were only going with the negative storm.

To be honest that was mostly chelsea fans, they kept saying that he is selfish and arrogant.
Must admint Cesc is a great prospect new him before he went to Arsenal, same with Pique(now at ManU) and Messi also from Barcelona. Watch out for these guys in the future look very good.

Get him in the scouting team ASAP!

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 7, 2013, 06:49:27 am »

I'm still skeptical. I'd like to see how he does for us next season. He's done very well as of now but a lot of players have instant impacts and then slowly fade out.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #77 on: March 7, 2013, 06:54:53 am »
I was happy when we signed sturridge, I didn't know he had some much in his locker already but I knew he had potential. Ultimately I just wanted another body up top to help Luis, whether that was Daniel or somebody else I wasn't massively arsed, it was just obvious we needed somebody else with a bit of quality.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 7, 2013, 10:12:46 am »
I'm still skeptical. I'd like to see how he does for us next season. He's done very well as of now but a lot of players have instant impacts and then slowly fade out.

For me it isn't the goals (although they have been welcome) it's the held up play, it's the link up play, it's the intelligence on and off the off. I staggard Chelsea would release him so easily and the frightning thing is he is only 23 so you'd think he'll only get better.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #79 on: March 7, 2013, 10:26:49 am »
I would say a lot of players who start of well and then fade away are either youngsters in their first season or foreigners new to the league but who then get found out and have 'second season syndrome'

Sturridge has played in the top division for nearly six seasons and has been a pretty consistent scorer during that time. Hopefully if he was going to be found out it would have happened by now.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."