Author Topic: Nicholas Anelka  (Read 33024 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Anelka terminates West Brom contract
« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2014, 08:08:11 pm »
@BBCSport: West Bromwich Albion say they have received nothing formally re termination of Nicolas Anelka’s contract from him or his advisers #wbafc

@BBCSport: #wbafc say Nicolas Anelka's release of statement on Social Media is "highly unprofessional" & will make further statement when appropriate
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2014, 08:13:16 pm »
@BBCSport: West Bromwich Albion say they have received nothing formally re termination of Nicolas Anelka’s contract from him or his advisers #wbafc

@BBCSport: #wbafc say Nicolas Anelka's release of statement on Social Media is "highly unprofessional" & will make further statement when appropriate

Club fighting relegation and he throws more shit on their plate, wanker
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2014, 08:18:14 pm »
He can't just cancel his contract can he?

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2014, 09:21:25 pm »
He can't just cancel his contract can he?

I would think he's leaving himself open to a law suit from WBA if they choose to pursue it. I guess he's calculating that they won't bother.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2014, 09:29:10 pm »
He is an idiot. If this was a one off situation where a model professional has gotten himself into hot water, I may be reacting differently, but ffs use your head. Dieudonné may be your friend, but he's a known anti-semite. He considers himself anti-zionist, and that's fine in my book, - but he's actually been shown to be without a shadow of a doubt, much more than an anti-zionist. He's probably so far past the 'anti-zionist line' that he can just about be considered a holocaust denier. If you want to be this man's friend, go for it. If you want show a blatant gesture of support for his ideals in a public arena while you are on the job and employed by a club that clearly does not support those ideals, you can have what's coming to you.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2014, 10:04:39 pm »
Been hung out to dry I reckon.

He should have just stated it was anti-Zionist and seen if they banned him.

Hope all of you in here aren't going to support Sakho when he has the Liverbird on his chest.

100% agree.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2014, 10:16:04 pm »
West Brom sell Shane Long while the investigation of Anelka was on-going and then he quits on them. They brought it on themselves.

They must really be hoping that Anichebe can continue his goal-scoring form because they have nobody else in the striker department as it stands.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2014, 10:25:55 pm »
West Brom are going down!

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2014, 10:26:10 pm »
Wanted this all along I reckon, I think he just wanted an easy way out. Doesn't come across as a Darren Anderton sick note, so I think he wanted to go out with a bang and carve himself out some kind of future after Football.

Don't know what that future is, perhaps he wants to get into Standup Comedy?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2014, 10:28:35 pm »
Reckon he'll be in Eastenders in a couple of months.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2014, 10:30:27 pm »
Wanted this all along I reckon, I think he just wanted an easy way out. Doesn't come across as a Darren Anderton sick note, so I think he wanted to go out with a bang and carve himself out some kind of future after Football.

Don't know what that future is, perhaps he wants to get into Standup Comedy?
Darren Anderton played nearly  500  games,..... Not quite as injured as his reputation suggests!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2014, 10:40:39 pm »
Darren Anderton played nearly  500  games,..... Not quite as injured as his reputation suggests!

I think it was mostly for England he coined the term to be honest.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2014, 10:43:38 pm »
I would think he's leaving himself open to a law suit from WBA if they choose to pursue it. I guess he's calculating that they won't bother.

They'll save themselves a fortune in wages etc but I can't see how they would just "allow" him to leave

Online MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2014, 10:49:45 pm »
What was it that Robbie Fowler said about Aneka in his biography, it seems apt.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2014, 11:20:04 pm »
West Brom saying they have sacked him now for gross misconduct.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2014, 11:38:21 pm »
This will send them down.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2014, 05:32:54 am »
This will send them down.

Was Anelka going to keep them up?

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2014, 06:17:28 am »
Guy's a fucking idiot and his career has ended appropriately.

Let's see how much he hates the establishment
When he needs money in 10 years or whenever.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2014, 07:17:18 am »
West Brom saying they have sacked him now for gross misconduct.
Good on them I say...

Sometimes it's just right to apologise, Anelka clearly wasn't prepared to do that

@BBCSport: West Brom sack Nicolas Anelka for 'gross misconduct' http://t.co/ozgWBmwNci #wbafc #bbcfootball http://t.co/B2qeV3Drt1
W

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2014, 07:17:36 am »
What was it that Robbie Fowler said about Aneka in his biography, it seems apt.
What did Robbie say?
JFT 96

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2014, 07:40:31 am »
was a quality player but also a complete dickhead,fucked up at nearly every club he had

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2014, 07:44:06 am »
finally a c*nt out of the league.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2014, 09:10:03 am »
Anelka - I Quit

West brom - You cant quit. You're fired

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2014, 09:12:21 am »
Le Dickhead stirkes again.

Sooner he's out the league the better.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2014, 09:28:46 am »
Next stop, Qatar.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2014, 12:28:58 pm »
To the people questioning why I feel sorry for him it's because I don't believe he meant it in an anti-Semitic way. As has been pointed out there have been a number of other people making the quenelle including our own Sakho and they aren't getting vilified for it. I just don't feel he meant any offence by it.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2014, 12:47:21 pm »
To the people questioning why I feel sorry for him it's because I don't believe he meant it in an anti-Semitic way. As has been pointed out there have been a number of other people making the quenelle including our own Sakho and they aren't getting vilified for it. I just don't feel he meant any offence by it.

It's a stupid thing to do, blatantly inviting accusations of anti-semitism, explicitly performed "in support" of a man who mocked a Jewish journalist about the gas chambers and who regularly suggests that the Holocaust was a Zionist myth - and Anelka would have known all that before he did it. That's why I don't feel sorry for him. If he wanted to make an anti-Zionist statement, or a pro-Palestinian statement, there are many more intelligent, sensible ways of doing so. What he did was inflammatory and he deserves no sympathy whatsoever. He's always been a selfish, irresponsible prick.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:48:58 pm by Ma Vie en Rouge »

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2014, 12:52:51 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26587077
West Brom sack Nicolas Anelka for 'gross misconduct'

West Brom are sacking Nicolas Anelka for gross misconduct after the striker announced he was quitting the club.
Anelka wrote on social media he was leaving with "immediate effect" after failing to reconcile differences with Albion over his 'quenelle' gesture.
The Frenchman, 35, was banned for five games and fined £80,000 by the Football Association for making the sign after scoring against West Ham in December.
The club is sacking him for his conduct that day and his social media outburst.
They have given him 14 days' notice of the termination of his contract.
He had been suspended by Albion while the club carried out its own internal investigation.
What is a quenelle gesture?
Dieudonne M'bala M'bala and Nicolas Anelka
It is a hand gesture devised by French comedian Dieudonne M'bala M'bala (above left with Anelka), who says it is an anti-establishment symbol
However, many view it as an anti-Semitic gesture, reminiscent of the Nazi salute
People have been photographed making the sign at synagogues and Holocaust sites
Read the full details on BBC Magazine Monitor
Earlier on Friday, Anelka used social media to announce he was leaving the club immediately.
He wrote: "Following discussions between the club and myself, certain conditions have been set for me to rejoin the group, which I can't accept.
"In order to preserve my integrity, I've terminated my contract with West Brom with immediate effect."
However, West Brom responded by releasing a statement  saying "the termination was invalid as it was not conducted under the correct legal process".
The statement also detailed the conditions Anelka needed to meet to enable his club suspension to be lifted.
It read: "The club required Nicolas Anelka to apologise to it, its supporters, sponsors and the wider community for the impact and consequences of his gesture made on December 28 and secondly, that he accept a substantial fine.
"The club considers the conduct of Nicolas Anelka on December 28, coupled with his purported termination on social media, to be gross misconduct."
The striker, who joined Albion in the summer on a 12-month deal, would only have been eligible to play in Albion's final five Premier League games due to his ban.
But with his West Brom career now over, he made 12 appearances, scoring two goals - both in the game against West Ham.
He was given the punishment by the Football Association's independent regulatory commission for making the controversial gesture, described as an "inverted Nazi salute".
He denied his use of the sign was intended to be anti-Semitic, and the commission reported it did not find he was "an anti-Semite".
However, Anelka claims he made the gesture in support of his friend Dieudonne M'bala M'bala, a French comedian who has been convicted seven times of anti-Semitic crimes.
The FA had initially wanted a tougher punishment for the player but opted not to appeal against the decision.
Anelka, who also did not appeal against the ruling, is due to begin his five-game suspension in Saturday's Premier League game at Swansea.
JFT 96

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2014, 01:05:35 pm »
Next stop, Qatar.

Was about to say something similar. He will probably earn even more now.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2014, 01:12:24 pm »
It's a stupid thing to do

If he knew it could be taken as anti-Semitic and in hindsight then yes but how many people knew that the quenelle could be taken that way? I certainly didn't, I'd never heard of it and wouldn't have even realised its similarities to the Nazi salute if it hadn't been pointed out.

I can understand why people don't feel sorry for him anyway, I guess I'm just a bit more lenient than others.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2014, 01:13:38 pm »

Fully agree mate.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2014, 01:22:28 pm »
Anelka has been friends with Dieudonne for a long time. There is absolutely no way that he would not have known the implications of the gesture, Dieudonne's history of anti-Semitism (and yes, that's what it is in this case - the guy believes that a Jewish Mafia are running the world and has mocked and questioned the authenticity of the Holocaust several times), and the fact that the gesture has been taken up by far-right groups and performed outside Auschwitz and other sites of significance to Jewish people. It's totally unrealistic to claim that he didn't mean offence by it. He has to have known that it is an offensive gesture.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2014, 01:35:09 pm »
I just think that Anelka is a simpleton that has no clue, continually influenced by people he should steer clear of, but doesn't, including his brother/agent as well as this comedian

Gets talked about as top quality, but never really scores that many goals wherever he's been 649 career appearances 206 total goals, when supposedly at the top of his game at Arsenal 46 appearances 19 goals

Too much publicity about him for an average striker
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:18:12 pm by Bangin Them In »
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2014, 01:50:05 pm »
If he knew it could be taken as anti-Semitic and in hindsight then yes but how many people knew that the quenelle could be taken that way? I certainly didn't, I'd never heard of it and wouldn't have even realised its similarities to the Nazi salute if it hadn't been pointed out.

I can understand why people don't feel sorry for him anyway, I guess I'm just a bit more lenient than others.

Just because you didn't know doesn't mean very French Nic didn't know what his mate was about. Someone Nic said he used the gesture to support. If you're using it to support him, you can't be that thick as to what he was about.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2014, 03:46:48 pm »
Just because you didn't know doesn't mean very French Nic didn't know what his mate was about. Someone Nic said he used the gesture to support. If you're using it to support him, you can't be that thick as to what he was about.

Alright calm down. It's not just me that didn't know what it meant, I don't know anyone that did.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »
He knew what it meant.

He said he did in support of his friend.

But the question has to be asked. What was the reason you was lending your support to your friend in this way?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2014, 04:08:13 pm »
He knew what it meant.

He said he did in support of his friend.

But the question has to be asked. What was the reason you was lending your support to your friend in this way?
I don't know how he meant the gesture.

But, he knew how it could be interpreted. He would have to have been an idiot if he was such a good friend yet unaware if the meaning.
W

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2014, 06:14:17 pm »
I think he should just retire, but we all know he's a money grabber so he's going to stand on a pitch un till no one want's him anymore. His performances for West Brom when he played were dreadful, he's way past it now.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nicholas Anelka
« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2014, 09:49:40 am »
I think he should just retire, but we all know he's a money grabber so he's going to stand on a pitch un till no one want's him anymore. His performances for West Brom when he played were dreadful, he's way past it now.

Still going, debuted for his new team in the Indian Super League on Tuesday. Will keep on playing till he can actually.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.