Author Topic: Jurgen Klopp signs new long-term contract  (Read 58069 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jürgen Klopp signs extended long-term LFC deal
« Reply #800 on: July 16, 2016, 07:52:30 am »
More like Klopp not signing the players some fans want .

I want Klopp to sign the players he wants, both Chilwell and Zielinski are players he wants. From the very start of the window, so where are they?

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: July 16, 2016, 07:53:46 am »
I want Klopp to sign the players he wants, both Chilwell and Zielinski are players he wants. From the very start of the window, so where are they?
Have the transfer window closed ?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: July 16, 2016, 07:55:40 am »
Fuck it anyway, this is just gonna turn into a transfer thread.

I don't give a shit about marquee but I do give a shit about Klopp getting what he wants and right now he isn't. An eerie sense of deja vu here. A manager not getting what he wants when we could be on the cusp of something special.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:57:55 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: July 16, 2016, 07:56:55 am »
Have the transfer window closed ?

Did he not say he wanted deals done by start of pre season. You can't pick and choose what you believe Klopp says you know,

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #804 on: July 16, 2016, 07:59:53 am »
Did he not say he wanted deals done by start of pre season. You can't pick and choose what you believe Klopp says you know,

People have been doing that for years. First and last say, said Rodgers - cue 3 years of conspiracy bullshit about vetoes, agendas, conflict on the transfer committee, rants against our scouts who according to some do nothing but sit in a dark room staring at computer screens all day.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: July 16, 2016, 08:00:04 am »
Did he not day he wanted deals done by start of pre season. You can't pick and choose what you believe Klopp says you know,
He also said he won't overpay for players .

Every manager will prefer that .But no team can wrap up every signing before pre season.Not even City .

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: July 16, 2016, 08:05:28 am »
Ok. So please believe that he's happy with the players that he have currently. That's what he said. He wanted Alex Teixeira too but he was not going to overpay (he said that too). So maybe he wants Chilwell and Zielinski but similarly not willing to overpay for them
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #807 on: July 16, 2016, 08:08:00 am »

Every manager will prefer that .But no team can wrap up every signing before pre season.Not even City .

We are basically 2 deals away from our business being done. Zielinski and Chilwell. Two players we've been negotiating for for months. 9th richest club in the world. Haggling over a couple millions for months. We got £20m for Jordon Ibe and Jerome Sinclair and we're haggling over a few million here or there for months. You can say 'other clubs don't get this done or that done' or whatever. We aren't other clubs. We don't have the major money of other clubs so we need to find marginal gains and other ways to compete against them. And if gettings lads in early so they get more time to settle in is one of those ways then we should do it IMO.
Believe

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: July 16, 2016, 08:09:53 am »

We received 15 Million for Jordan Ibe, so overpaying.... Well that's just the 2016 market. No player is worth what they are going for but it's not so much that I'm worried about, I'm not arsed if Klopp wanted some fella from league 2 as long as he got him, sound.

I mean we look like we might get Manninger as third choice but not even bothered becsuse if the manager wants him then fair enough. My support is steadfast in this manager and I don't doubt him, but I do doubt the people who sanction deals and that won't change because there has been far too many bodged deals since the axis of FSG, Ayre and TC came into play.

They are just there to sign the cheques. So sign them.

Also they are about to make a couple of million selling old seats, they you go, there's your extra two million for a player.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:11:47 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #809 on: July 16, 2016, 08:53:06 am »
Zielinski isn't even back until July 22nd/23rd, so we could have bought him months ago and he wouldn't be in training with us yet. So it's a moot point.

Chilwell is the only one, and I'd imagine Klopp has had his full input into if he is worth spending what Leicester are demanding for him - which given his previous comments is probably not.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jurgen Klopp signs new long-term contract
« Reply #810 on: July 16, 2016, 09:32:45 am »
The same people constantly moaning. It's all a bit tedious.

It's pretty impossible to get all your transfer business done early. You can't negotiate with seven different players at the same time. You can't just pay whatever the selling club wants. You can't just pay the wages the player wants. You can't speak to a player if he's focusing on international football. You can't speak to a player if he's on holiday and chilling.

The crux of this is that we aren't signing who you want us to sign. Dress it up however you like though.

Get over it and maybe just believe the manager in what he says rather than looking for a conspiracy theory.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: July 16, 2016, 10:02:30 am »
I think this needs to be reposted.

I know that this topic has been discussed a lot, but we really need to take another look at the way Klopp has built his Dortmund title winning team:

Subotic (signed at the age of 19 for €4.5 million)
Schmelzer (promoted from the academy at the age of 20)
Sahin (promoted from the academy at the age of 19, after 1 season on loan)
Hummels (signed at the age of 20 for €4.2 million)
Bender (signed at the age of 20 for €1.5 million)
Groskreutz (signed at the age of 20 on a free transfer)
Lewandowski (signed at the age of 21 for €4.75 million)
Kagawa (signed at the age of 21 on a free transfer)
Gotze (promoted from the academy at the age of 18)
Perisic (signed at the age of 22 for €5.5 million)
Gundogan (signed at the age of 20 for €5.5 million)

It was in his 5th season with Dortmund that he has spent more than €5.5 million on a single player, when he got Reus for €17 million. I know that people who don't like this approach would credit Dortmund's director of football for the smart signings in Klopp's first 4 years with the club, but you should never forget one thing: You need a brilliant coach who will develop these talented young players into top class players, and that is exactly what we have secured for the next 6 seasons.

Relax and enjoy the ride.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #812 on: July 16, 2016, 10:28:44 am »
Yes. Instead of addressing you all with one post, I will PM you all individually. That is definitely how I want to spend my Saturday. We may as well just get rid of the forum and just set up a messenger service.

Feedback forum may be a better place to post suggested site improvements?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: July 16, 2016, 10:33:50 am »
Feedback forum may be a better place to post suggested site improvements?

;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #814 on: July 16, 2016, 11:58:21 am »
Lies and conjecture. Why aren't the mods calling Al 555 on this bullshitting spree ?

Klopp insisted there was no point in Liverpool going for players who the club simply couldn’t get and admitted: “I cannot make the transfers everyone wants”.

“Everyone expects big names and a big improvement because of big names and if you don’t know the players it’s like ‘what are we doing? what are they doing?’

“If we go for players and there is obviously there is no chance, there is no point. Look for players you can have and make the best of it. I am 100% happy with the guys we have brought in until now.

Stop peddling your nonsense.

How is it nonsense mate.

The manager is basically admitting that he can't compete at the top end of the transfer market.

Given our income and the way other clubs have shown that being out of the CL isn't a barrier to ambitious Clubs signing top players that is embarrassing.

Klopp isn't saying that not competing in the market is his choice, so who's decision is it to not compete.

West Ham are being heavily linked with a move for James Rodriguez whilst we are scrabbling around trying to get knock down prices for kids. What is the point of the huge income increase the new Stand brings in, what is the point of the TV and sponsorship money if Klopp is admitting that  “I cannot make the transfers everyone wants”.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: July 16, 2016, 12:06:13 pm »
Those Klopp comments clearly illustrate that he is only trying to sign players who might want to come here, not that he can sign big names but chooses not to. But we knew that already.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: July 16, 2016, 12:12:01 pm »

West Ham are being heavily linked with a move for James Rodriguez whilst we are scrabbling around trying to get knock down prices for kids.
Hahahaha you're smart enough to know being linked means fuck all.

'Heavily linked' means a throwaway line in Marca when they say United, Chelsea and PSG want him as well.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #817 on: July 16, 2016, 12:14:33 pm »
West Ham are being heavily linked with a move for James Rodriguez

Metro & Goal.com reporting from a dodgy Spanish source.

Come on Al, let's not be ridiculous now.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: July 16, 2016, 12:16:39 pm »

West Ham are being heavily linked with a move for James Rodriguez whilst we are scrabbling around trying to get knock down prices for kids.

;D As if you haven't made a big enough fool of yourself this week you start saying nonsense like this! Please never leave this place!!

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #819 on: July 16, 2016, 12:17:07 pm »
Those Klopp comments clearly illustrate that he is only trying to sign players who might want to come here, not that he can sign big names but chooses not to. But we knew that already.

Really.

If he had said I have the funds to sign the top players but I want to build a team of young players then you may have a point but he hasn't. He has made it clear that he can't sign the top players so he is having to make do with players lower down the scale.

Too many posters are peddling the myth that Jurgen doesn't want ready made players but wants to only bring through young players. Well if  that is true why isn't he looking to sell the likes of Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Coutinho, Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Lalanna, Strurridge etc and replace them with kids who he can turn into superstars.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #820 on: July 16, 2016, 12:21:46 pm »
;D As if you haven't made a big enough fool of yourself this week you start saying nonsense like this! Please never leave this place!!

The foolish bit is not realising that the media don't even bother linking us with the top talents any more. They can get away with linking West Ham with Rodriguez but no one would be daft enough to believe a FSG led Liverpool would move for a proven World Class talent because everyone knows FSG don't buy the best players they only sell them.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #821 on: July 16, 2016, 12:23:34 pm »
Too many posters are peddling the myth that Jurgen doesn't want ready made players but wants to only bring through young players. Well if  that is true why isn't he looking to sell the likes of Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Coutinho, Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Lalanna, Strurridge etc and replace them with kids who he can turn into superstars.

Stupid example as a big difference between keeping established players already at the club and actively wanting to sign them.

I don't particularly agree that he doesn't want to sign any established players, just that I don't think he has any issue with looking at someone he can have a hand in his development.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: July 16, 2016, 12:23:58 pm »
The foolish bit is not realising that the media don't even bother linking us with the top talents any more. They can get away with linking West Ham with Rodriguez but no one would be daft enough to believe a FSG led Liverpool would move for a proven World Class talent because everyone knows FSG don't buy the best players they only sell them.
Gotze.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: July 16, 2016, 12:25:21 pm »

;D ;D

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #824 on: July 16, 2016, 12:26:14 pm »
Hahahaha you're smart enough to know being linked means fuck all.

'Heavily linked' means a throwaway line in Marca when they say United, Chelsea and PSG want him as well.

I am also smart enough to know what not being linked means.

Why aren't we linked with the same players as United, Chelsea and PSG ?

Because as Werner said we have the funds to compete with anyone in Football.

No CL doesn't stop United signing World class players, FFP has been watered down so much that it doesn't stop us looking to sign the top players so why aren't we competing for the very best players ?

Not so long ago Rodgers lack of profile was being blamed for us not being able to sign the top players. Now we have a huge income, a newly extended ground, a hugely charismatic manager and world renowned fans so what is the reason ?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:29:06 pm by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #825 on: July 16, 2016, 12:26:26 pm »
Gotze.

Micky Ryan, Willian, etc. etc. etc.

However the reply will be that we missed out on these (like West Ham will) and he'll flip flop into yet another moan which we can add to his list for this thread.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #826 on: July 16, 2016, 12:27:09 pm »
Really.

If he had said I have the funds to sign the top players but I want to build a team of young players then you may have a point but he hasn't. He has made it clear that he can't sign the top players so he is having to make do with players lower down the scale.

Umm, maybe because he wants to retain the core players that he was able to spend 3/4 of a season with molding them into a unit that reached two Cup Finals...

Just logical like...

You've quite lost all sense of logic in your Quixotic crusade...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #827 on: July 16, 2016, 12:27:57 pm »
I am also smart enough to know what not being linked means.

Why aren't we linked with the same players as United, Chelsea and PSG ?

Because as Werner said we have the funds to compete with anyone in Football.

No CL doesn't stop United signing World class players, FFP has been watered down so much that it doesn't stop us looking to sign the top players so why aren't we competing for the very best players ?

Because, as you well know, we don't have the same sort of money to throw at wages as United, Chelsea and PSG.

Come on Al, you're not a stupid guy but you know exactly why we can't compete with those teams and you suggest WHU actually are because of one tedious link is just a big joke and exactly why people are so quick to jump on your posts.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #828 on: July 16, 2016, 12:28:30 pm »
why aren't we competing for the very best players ?
Because Klopp wants young players who are willing to go through a brick wall for him rather than spoiled, superstar primadonnas who get angry if you don`t send them the birthday card.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: July 16, 2016, 12:31:04 pm »
Because Klopp wants young players who are willing to go through a brick wall for him rather than spoiled, superstar primadonnas who get angry if you don`t send them the birthday card.

I dont fully agree with that. I think we would want higher quality players if we could sign them.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: July 16, 2016, 12:31:43 pm »
I think people are quite insane in this thread.

Klopp quite clearly:

a. refuses to overpay in transfer fees
b. refuses to overpay in wages
c. insists that his players must want to be here because they believe in his project of reviving LFC to it's former glory

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge the above is simply trolling.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #831 on: July 16, 2016, 12:34:05 pm »

Klopp quite clearly:

c. insists that his players must want to be here because they believe in his project of reviving LFC to it's former glory

I'm not sure Klopp controls a or b. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: July 16, 2016, 12:34:11 pm »
I dont fully agree with that. I think we would want higher quality players if we could sign them.

'we' is not Jurgen Klopp

'we' is all of us - armchair, FM specialists with zero experience of actually managing a real team

What 'we' want means fuck all! It's what 'he' wants that counts.

Thank fuck running LFC is not like running a Brexit vote

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: July 16, 2016, 12:35:03 pm »
I'm not sure Klopp controls a or b.

I think he does (refer that fella who went to China in the mid season break)

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #834 on: July 16, 2016, 12:35:19 pm »
Because, as you well know, we don't have the same sort of money to throw at wages as United, Chelsea and PSG.

Come on Al, you're not a stupid guy but you know exactly why we can't compete with those teams and you suggest WHU actually are because of one tedious link is just a big joke and exactly why people are so quick to jump on your posts.

We are more than capable of matching the wages of the big boys as the contract we gave Suarez showed. Of course we may not be able to have as many huge earners as the Clubs above us in the money League but filling some positions out with younger players on smaller wages should allow us to compete on wages.

Sadly FSG have this lunatic policy where players have to earn big wages here before they get them which effectively rules us out of buying the best players.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #835 on: July 16, 2016, 12:37:10 pm »
I think we would want higher quality players if we could sign them.
We would if they were a) available b) willing to work extremely hard for the team which not all of them are.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #836 on: July 16, 2016, 12:38:14 pm »
I think he does (refer that fella who went to China in the mid season break)
Which fella? Considering we were willing to make Gotez our highest paid player I'm not sure it's true "he" won't pay high wages.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #837 on: July 16, 2016, 12:38:23 pm »

Klopp quite clearly:

If he only signs players who are there for the project how come so many of his Dortmund players have buggered off to Munich or Manchester ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: July 16, 2016, 12:38:57 pm »
We are more than capable of matching the wages of the big boys as the contract we gave Suarez showed. Of course we may not be able to have as many huge earners as the Clubs above us in the money League but filling some positions out with younger players on smaller wages should allow us to compete on wages.

Sadly FSG have this lunatic policy where players have to earn big wages here before they get them which effectively rules us out of buying the best players.
We offered gotze 170k a week

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: July 16, 2016, 12:40:01 pm »
We would if they were a) available b) willing to work extremely hard for the team which not all of them are.

Top players are available but they dont always want to come to your club. Also lots of top players are that because they do work hard.