Author Topic: Euro 2012 qualifying Fri 2nd , Sat 3rd and Tues 6th September  (Read 47474 times)

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
Re: Euro 2012 qualifying Fri 2nd , Sat 3rd and Tues 6th September
« Reply #1640 on: September 6, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »
England are going to be fucking arse-raped this euro by better team.

Capello,please just fuck off  :wanker. We need this countries saviour of 'Arry to take us to the next world cup.

How anyone can manage to fuck up with a squad of half-decent players (some pretty good) is beyond me.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1641 on: September 6, 2011, 10:02:19 pm »
Something that we've missed because Toshack knocked it out of our 'performances'

It's good to see it back!

Just need to produce a centre forward now.  The midfield with Ramsey Bale and Collinson is looking good.  Gutted Ledley shat out and went to Celtic, dare I say it should have gone to Everton and actually played more than 4 competative games a season.  Defence looks good, Hennessy looking more and more assured given that he's now Wolves' first choice.   No Collins, no Gabbidon, Bellamy and Wales still managed to make England look poor.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1642 on: September 6, 2011, 10:03:05 pm »
Penny for Torres' thoughts?

Reading rumours on twitter the other day that he's been saying moving to Chelsea was worst decision he's ever made. Can believe it to be honest, has any footballer's career gone so downhill so fast?

I've heard about some bench warming manc...
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1643 on: September 6, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »

Capello,please just fuck off  :wanker. We need this countries saviour of 'Arry to take us to the next world cup.

How anyone can manage to fuck up with a squad of half-decent players (some pretty good) is beyond me.

Fuck up? England are on top in their qualification group, and were eliminated, in the world cup, against one of the best teams in the world. Not a fuck up, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2011, 10:07:28 pm by Agger »
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #1644 on: September 6, 2011, 10:03:24 pm »

England should try and get someone like Martinez after Capello.. Won´t be too expensive and at least he´ll try and get you playing ;)

Oh look at that, Bendtner scored 2 for Denmark. I guess he´s back as the worlds best striker again, in his mind.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #1645 on: September 6, 2011, 10:04:11 pm »
Why can't England produce playmakers? There are enough technically able kids out there. There's probably kids out there who have that, and also game intelligence. I actually can't think of any English playmaker.

I think for some reason there's an English attitude of believing slowing the play down is always a bad thing. People want to watch teams playing at a tempo as high as possible at all times and so a playmaker doesn't really fit in that.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1646 on: September 6, 2011, 10:04:28 pm »
Just need to produce a centre forward now.  The midfield with Ramsey Bale and Collinson is looking good.  Gutted Ledley shat out and went to Celtic, dare I say it should have gone to Everton and actually played more than 4 competative games a season.  Defence looks good, Hennessy looking more and more assured given that he's now Wolves' first choice.   No Collins, no Gabbidon, Bellamy and Wales still managed to make England look poor.

Yep, Darcy Blake surprised me though. He's come on well since the young lad I refereed on his Cardiff City trial. Always knew the midfield would have quality with Bale, Ramsey and Collison but we still have a long way to go. Still think our best bet of qualifying for a tournament is Euro 2016 when this batch of players are a coming into their prime with the youngsters coming through now in established in the team.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #1647 on: September 6, 2011, 10:05:06 pm »
Because any kid who runs 15 yards with the ball is yelled at and told to lump it up,it's the british way of "playing football"

That's why there is all sorts of rough tacklers and hoofers and not much flair.

But I know loads and loads of people my age and younger who have so much flair.

Even in the current England side you have Young, Johnson, Henderson, G. Johnson all capable of dribbling and showing great control. None of them you'd describe as an attacking midfielder/second striker type player though. Young at a push.

Spain have an abundance of them, although they often play further back. Germany have tonnes. Italy have some. All South American teams do. Essentially almost every team does apart from teams in the British Isles. We can produce a plethora of box-to-box midfielders and pace-merchant wingers; loads of solid, no-nonsense central defenders, and strong, powerful forwards. But no creative players. Strange.

I think for some reason there's an English attitude of believing slowing the play down is always a bad thing. People want to watch teams playing at a tempo as high as possible at all times and so a playmaker doesn't really fit in that.

But you can play with a playmaker type player on the counter - look at Germany at the World Cup. I'm suggesting England should be producing Alonso/Xavi/Fabregas types (we've got enough young players who can pass the ball well and keep composure - Wilshere, Henderson etc), more in the mold of Ozil/Aquilani/Pastore.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2011, 10:08:17 pm by James Mac »

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1648 on: September 6, 2011, 10:06:01 pm »
England can't produce playmakers because the coaching focus on producing box to box high energy players with limited technique and vision, i.e milner and barry. A good example is lampard while he can find the odd pass he won't split open a defense and his main attributes is scoring goals by arriving late on to moves rather than conducting them.

Last time this country produce a top quality central midfield playmaker is the ginger manc that has just retired, wilishere might go on to be that sort of player but time will tell. 

Though that said there are a few playmakers coming through in the youth ranks like mceachran at chelsea and shelvey or even henderson to an extent.

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #1649 on: September 6, 2011, 10:06:03 pm »
Did i hear that right? Seven clean sheets in a row for Ireland? New record

Edit:

That is correct in fact, the Uruguay game I was thinking about was 8 matches ago, in March (Can't believe it was that long ago).

Given is playing better atm than I have seen him playing in years.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2011, 10:09:17 pm by Irish-Kopite »
Trapps Army 2012

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: September 6, 2011, 10:06:56 pm »
Slovakia stuffed 4-0 at home to Armenia is a bit of surprise, although puts into perspective how negative we were against the Slovaks. Russia still have to go to Slovakia, and they have already lost at home to them. Opportunity to win the group maybe.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: September 6, 2011, 10:07:10 pm »
Decent win tonight for Scotland. Two points behind the Czechs with two to play. Both of us have Spain (us away, Czechs at home), we have Liechenstein away and they have Lithuania away.

So we need to beat Liechenstein and hope Lithuania do us a favour against the Czechs. And presumably Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi and co will rip both of us a new one.

Barry Bannan was man of the match tonight. Really talented youngster, will do well at Villa. Not sure if he has what it takes to go higher than them, but we'll see. Naismith also good, and Goodwillie showed flashes of what earned him a move to the Premier League.

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #1652 on: September 6, 2011, 10:08:08 pm »
I've heard about some bench warming manc...

Berbatov? IMO he is a good footballer but 'ol Whiskey nose just doesn't give him game time.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1653 on: September 6, 2011, 10:08:32 pm »
Why can't England produce playmakers? There are enough technically able kids out there. There's probably kids out there who have that, and also game intelligence. I actually can't think of any English playmaker.

It's the pace it's played at and the movement.  You can put Iniesta and Xavi in that team but if no one are gonna move into space nothing will be created. First 10-15 of 2nd half looked promising - good movement and people looking for the ball. After that it was shite, slow movement and passing. Rooney went well off the pace and, after looking very good, Ashley Young tired. We opted to lump it up to Rooney who was isolated and lost everything in the air.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Downing went off and Carroll only played minutes but Carroll should have replaced Rooney earlier to take some pressure off the non-existent midfield.

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: September 6, 2011, 10:09:31 pm »
Yep, Darcy Blake surprised me though. He's come on well since the young lad I refereed on his Cardiff City trial. Always knew the midfield would have quality with Bale, Ramsey and Collison but we still have a long way to go. Still think our best bet of qualifying for a tournament is Euro 2016 when this batch of players are a coming into their prime with the youngsters coming through now in established in the team.

Bionic legs for Bellamy and we'll win the World Cup mun!

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: September 6, 2011, 10:10:01 pm »
Berbatov? IMO he is a good footballer but 'ol Whiskey nose just doesn't give him game time.

He is good. But the way Man U are playing right now, he doesn't really fit in. They want quick passing-tempo and great movement for example. Much better to play Hernandez or Welbeck then.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: September 6, 2011, 10:10:09 pm »
if you english dont want Capello can scotland please have him ?

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #1657 on: September 6, 2011, 10:10:43 pm »
4-0 Spain, Ramos.

Thiago on for Ramos.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1658 on: September 6, 2011, 10:11:14 pm »
Charlie missed the scottish game tonight through injury.Don`t know how serious it is though.

It was a hip injury. He walked off - he'll hopefully be ok for the Harlem Globetrotters

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: September 6, 2011, 10:12:27 pm »
Out of curiosity has negredo become spains main striker with torres being so out of form?

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1660 on: September 6, 2011, 10:12:51 pm »
Out of curiosity has negredo become spains main striker with torres being so out of form?

Llorente injured?

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #1661 on: September 6, 2011, 10:13:11 pm »

Seems to be, I prefer Llorente personally though.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1662 on: September 6, 2011, 10:13:34 pm »

Said this for years

Theres lads out there who would piss on what youve just watched who got fucked off by some fat coach with a carthorse mentality and ended up stacking shelves.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: September 6, 2011, 10:13:36 pm »
What do you really expect from Capello? Look what he has to work with.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1664 on: September 6, 2011, 10:13:56 pm »

Shouldn't you be playing?

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1665 on: September 6, 2011, 10:13:58 pm »
Oh i dunno, i thought Downing coming off was inspirational :)

...anyways, i don't think England were weak tonight because of their subs, more to do with the set up, there was no playmaker or support midfielder to our attack.

The most inspiring bit of that second half for me :)

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #1666 on: September 6, 2011, 10:14:08 pm »
Fuck up? England are on top in their qualification group, and were eliminated, in the world cup, against one of the best teams in the world. Not a fuck up, in my opinion.

On top? Give me a break. when we drew 2-2 with Switzerland that was hardly ontop. Tonight was hardly ontop. Sure,we were eliminated by one of the best teams in the world, but in the group stages? total and utter garbage. Germany showed us exactly whats wrong with our team. Mark my words, they or someone else will do it again next year unless we snap fast.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: September 6, 2011, 10:14:32 pm »

So do I personally but negredo hasn't been too bad though and seems to have got some of his almeria form back.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: September 6, 2011, 10:14:42 pm »

Llorente shits all over Negredo imo.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1669 on: September 6, 2011, 10:14:48 pm »
What do you really expect from Capello? Look what he has to work with.

I've said in other threads about how I can't wait for Lampard to take over next summer with his disdain for tactics in football. Try succeeding in international football without a basic grasp of tactics and how to use them and you'll fail miserably!

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: September 6, 2011, 10:14:50 pm »
Not yet, but he is about to overshadow Torres.5 Goals in 7 matches for Negredo with Spain.I don´t think he will be the main striker though.Villa is still the man.

Offline TartanRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1671 on: September 6, 2011, 10:14:59 pm »
Scotland were pretty much honking tonight apart from Bannan.

Result is all that counts though.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: September 6, 2011, 10:15:05 pm »
5-0 villa.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #1673 on: September 6, 2011, 10:15:29 pm »

Multitasking.  ;)

5-0, Villa

Offline muyuu

• Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1674 on: September 6, 2011, 10:15:51 pm »

Thiago is playing.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1675 on: September 6, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »
On top? Give me a break. when we drew 2-2 with Switzerland that was hardly ontop. Tonight was hardly ontop. Sure,we were eliminated by one of the best teams in the world, but in the group stages? total and utter garbage. Germany showed us exactly whats wrong with our team. Mark my words, they or someone else will do it again next year unless we snap fast.

So why are you blaming Capello? Keegan, Sven and Cappello have all failed with this crop of players...it surely can't be the players fault can it? It MUST be the manager...

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: September 6, 2011, 10:16:21 pm »
Llorente shits all over Negredo imo.
probably, but he will never be the first option for Del Bosque.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1677 on: September 6, 2011, 10:16:52 pm »
We fucking dominated you, you tool. You couldn't get the ball off us in the 2nd half. If you're happy with that as an Englishmen then there's something very wrong with you. Compared to the performances and shite that we've been producing the last 2 years that was a much improved performance by us and we had the apparent 4th best team in the world hoofing the ball to no one to get it clear!

Yep. Didn't watch first half but the last 30-35 minutes was as bad for England as it was good for Wales. Welsh played some good stuff 2nd half

Offline muyuu

• Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1678 on: September 6, 2011, 10:17:05 pm »
Llorente on for Negredo.
-sinnermichael

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1679 on: September 6, 2011, 10:19:28 pm »
Hartson so right about Capello. I was about to post the same.

The guy really is on holiday time and is just on autopilot it seems. never answers a straight question

What did he say? He's a tired Italian 'Yes'-man who falls into the mould of England manager perfickly.