Author Topic: Manchester airport to Lime street (by train)  (Read 2503 times)

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
Manchester airport to Lime street (by train)
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:00:20 am »
Hey mates. Going to the Chelsea match and the Mrs. Is coming with me, we're from the US.  I would use Tony if it were me but the wife wants the whole train experience. Couple of questions about the train from Man to Lime street.  Is this offered in first class and it's two stops yes?  Thanks for the help!!

Offline red_viking

• Boys Pen
  • I'm in a glass case of emotion
Re: Manchester airport to Lime street (by train)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:08:51 am »
unfortunately it's more complicated than that.  :o

From Manchester airport to Lime street you would have to go from the airport into Manchester Oxford Road station then change onto another train which takes you to Lime Street.

Manchester Oxford Road only has 5 platforms which are all next to each other so you should be able to find the right platform easy and the trains are quite frequent to Liverpool.
If you can't support us when we lose, don't support us when we win

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 12:48:29 am »
There's a train that goes directly from Manchester airport to Lime Street. It stops at Picadilly and Oxford Road but you don't have to change trains. Takes about an hour.

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:06:54 am »
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

This is where you can check the train times for the direct services to Lime Street.
I don't think there is a first class option on these services.
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:26:59 am »
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

This is where you can check the train times for the direct services to Lime Street.
I don't think there is a first class option on these services.

There is sometimes, but it's tiny - half a carriage. And you're knackered if a load of bevvied up fans get in it because the guards on TPE trains are around less often than a Coutinho shot on target.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 12:47:46 pm »
Hey mates. Going to the Chelsea match and the Mrs. Is coming with me, we're from the US.  I would use Tony if it were me but the wife wants the whole train experience. Couple of questions about the train from Man to Lime street.  Is this offered in first class and it's two stops yes?  Thanks for the help!!

There is an Northern Rail hourly direct service, however no there's first class on the trains. http://www.northernrail.org/pdfs/timetables/20131208/15.pdf

If you want first class then it's Trans Pennine Express, one trick is catch any train from Manchester Airport that calls at either Bolton-Preston-Lancaster to Manchester Piccadilly as trains will stop on the same platform[P13] & saves going from one end of Piccadilly Station to the other, then TPE, to Lime Street which will have first class accommodation i'm not sure if EMT have first class, Northern Rail certainly do not have first class. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:56:28 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 03:14:17 pm »
Thanks a lot everyone.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 08:45:58 am »
Just so you know, there isn't really a "train experience". Most of the trains are a bit grubby, it's not exactly the orient express.

Having said that, if you've never been to Liverpool before then getting off the train at Lime Street is probably the best way. There's a pretty good view when you come out of the station if you come out of the main exit...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:02:21 am by gregor »

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2014, 07:37:36 pm »
On a similar theme .... I need to go in the opposite direction; on a flight leaving Manchester at 11am on Monday 12th. Taxi or train?

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #9 on: May 1, 2014, 07:39:55 pm »
On a similar theme .... I need to go in the opposite direction; on a flight leaving Manchester at 11am on Monday 12th. Taxi or train?
Definitely train - only £14.50. Taxi would cost a fortune!

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/Liverpool/MIA/120514/0900/dep#outwardJump

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2014, 08:02:11 pm »

National Express may be cheaper?

National Express is cheaper.

£6.60 Single and arrives at 7.05am or 8.05am or 8.10am

Any good?
« Last Edit: May 1, 2014, 08:03:56 pm by swoopy »

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #11 on: May 1, 2014, 08:43:54 pm »

Same here

Thinking about going back through London on Tuesday if we win the league and stay for the parade. Would add a nice  €€€ to my trip though.

But defo train yes

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #12 on: May 1, 2014, 10:02:07 pm »
The bus service was excellent from there to Liverpool. Had some banter with the Man Utd supporting bus driver too. Oh, them days you could win any argument by simply pronouncing the two words 'David Moyes'...
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 10:26:13 pm »
Need a bit help from UK local people. Coming over in the 30. september and will arrive at Manchester airport 23:40 and need to get to liverpool in the same evening, there probably isnt any trains going at that time, so looked up to go with coach, that leaves at 00:55, which is okay as a backup option. So I was wondering is there any alternative to get to liverpool and how much is a taxi ride to liverpool ?

Cheers

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 10:27:42 pm »
Need a bit help from UK local people. Coming over in the 30. september and will arrive at Manchester airport 23:40 and need to get to liverpool in the same evening, there probably isnt any trains going at that time, so looked up to go with coach, that leaves at 00:55, which is okay as a backup option. So I was wondering is there any alternative to get to liverpool and how much is a taxi ride to liverpool ?

Cheers

Coach will be fine. Doesn't take too long.

Taxi is about £50 if pre-booked I think (not sure if it's the same at night though mind)

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 10:31:03 pm »

Cheers
Hi mate,
Taxi will surely be out of the question - I've put the details through on a taxi fare calculator and it would cost £90  :o
Coach will probably be your best bet mate.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 10:37:52 pm »
Coach will be fine. Doesn't take too long.

Taxi is about £50 if pre-booked I think (not sure if it's the same at night though mind)

Cheers for the reply mate, coach ticket is 13,2 quids per face. so for me and my mate if we get the taxi we will loose around 24 quids,but we get around 2 hours of valuable sleep before our trip to Basel :D or we just chill for an hour and save 12 quids.... decions...  :)

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 10:38:41 pm »
Hi mate,
Taxi will surely be out of the question - I've put the details through on a taxi fare calculator and it would cost £90  :o
Coach will probably be your best bet mate.

Oh thanks, coach it is
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:43:17 pm by EstonianRed »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 10:47:06 pm »
You'll be able to get a taxi for 50 quid, and possibly less if you book in advance.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 12:21:04 pm »
Book with a liverpool taxi firm rather than a manchester one and the Price is £40 plus whatever the airport charges for parking at terminal to get you which is aroind £2

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 05:04:08 pm »
Can vouch for Tony's company.  Worked out just fine when I used them: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=280893.0