Author Topic: Liverpool Night Clubs - Your first, Worst and Favourite!  (Read 51044 times)

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Believer
  • We won it 5 times......
Re: Liverpool Night Clubs - Your first, Worst and Favourite!
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »
First nights out in town was all Howl at the Moon, Arena bar, RSVP, Chilli's, the Square, all the bad grim places! The Sunrise was the worst of the lot though. Liverpool is a much nicer and more varied place than it was then (around 2000-2004 was the height of night clubbing for me), thankfully.
Raw kite.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Believer
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2017, 09:53:26 PM »
Liverpool is a much nicer and more varied place than it was then

Absolutely. I'm 32 and a lot of people think things are better when they're younger but town is a thousand times better now than it was when I started going out, around the same time as that.
Its no surprise. Everybody in Liverpool knows that there are two newspapers you that cannot trust, this is one of them." - Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• Sleeping With The Enemy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »
Never really got into going to town as we moved out to Southport when I was 19. Milos in the precinct was a place we hung out in, also did the Pen and Wig and Flintlocks. Used to go into the Krazyhouse after going to see a gig at the Royal Court.

In Southport it used to be the rock nights in the Floral Hall, Manhattans and Academy or Raffles which was owned by the Satans Slaves MCC.

Offline Medellin

• Believer
  • Yeah right..
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2017, 07:53:47 PM »
I think my first was Chauffers in Hope st..the Wookey Hollow probably the worst & pretty sure i will get slaughtered for this but we used to always have a boss laugh in Maxims.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline JoeCole is for life, not just Christmas!

• Spoiler!
  • Believer
« Reply #204 on: Yesterday at 04:21:30 AM »
Can't remember the name of my first club. I was 16 and just remember getting dragged in there by a female promoter, and it being slightly underground. Was a fun night.

Not a club but my favourite place for a drink in town now is probably Tom Thumb on Hardman street, attracts a decent crowd and has a nice atmosphere.

Offline a fuckin idiot

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: Yesterday at 07:10:44 AM »
The original Factory was round the corner from me so years before the Hacienda opened I was in there as a bright eyed bushy tailed 15 year old marvelling at the wonders of punk and new wave.
Used to come over to Eric's a few years later for Bunnymen and any of the other up and coming bands. Then the hacienda opened and I became a member. Long before madchester they had three or four live events every week. That massive, shitty, sound system on club nights with about 50 people in and plenty of space for the Dancing Tarantulas and the Jazz Messengers to do their thing. Good times - strike that - times.

Worst? Kitkat club by Victoria station. Wtf.

Offline reddebs

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #206 on: Yesterday at 10:11:22 AM »
I've only ever been to 3 club events in Liverpool, all of them in the 90s and all of them disastrous for different reasons.

1st was the 051 in '92/'93 which started off badly as we found out that the BBC cameras were there filming for an Horizon documentary about recreational drug use.  Cue massive paranoia for those worried about their parents seeing them on telly, off their faces.  Then the night was cut short when the club was evacuated due to the dance floor flooding, as in water coming up through the floor to about ankle deep when we were eventually shooed out.

2nd was at Cream where Sasha was headlining.  Didn't like that place at all.  Far too many big burly blokes with pints who looked like they'd chin you for the slightest thing.  Ended up leaving before the main event started.

3rd was at Creamfields.  Ridiculously hot, sunny day queuing for over an hour to get in and I'd never even thought about bringing a hat and consequently ended up with sunstroke by 5.30pm.  Shivering, throwing up, we never even made it into any of the tents apart from St. John's medical tent.  Cost us a fortune to get home as we'd come in by train from Ormskirk and had to leave the event early but too late for the last train home and had to get a cab.

Had a decent night at Cirque du Soul a couple of years ago on a hen night.  Great entertainment and meal but the so called private room with karaoke upstairs later wasn't the best.  The karaoke machine didn't work, the management was pathetic trying to sort it, then they refused to continue serving us prosecco because they'd run out of the right glasses!  Got nearly 300 quid back as a refund but ffs, just wash the glasses!!

My fondest memories of the city were eating out in Chinatown back in the 70s.  None of the posh, pretentious places, just great authentic food.

Offline rob1966

• Sleeping With The Enemy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #207 on: Yesterday at 05:34:25 PM »

My fondest memories of the city were eating out in Chinatown back in the 70s.  None of the posh, pretentious places, just great authentic food.

That's where my love of Chinese food comes from. I did Karate with my Dad in the Vernon Sangster in Stanley Park and the fellas used to go into town for a meal, which introduced my Dad to Chinese food. He then started taking us out after that, we'd maybe go the pictures at the ABC or Odeon then we'd go into china town for something to eat, that'd be from about 1975/76.