Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - S'hampton 1 [0-2 Aggregate]  (Read 60053 times)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
Re: Liverpool 0 - S'hampton 1 [0-2 Aggregate]
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:14 pm »
We're going through a bad patch at the moment, no doubt about that

We'll bounce back soon enough though. It's not something I'd be overly concerned about

Its a pisser that we lost a semi, but in some ways I'm happier its a cup defeat rather than another league defeat

Hopefully that's the kick up the arse that finally gets the funk out of our system.

We'll get our shit back together next week against Chelsea. No doubt about that
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:16 pm »
Saints fully deserved victory, well done to them.

Atkinson shocking on two stone wall pens. Fuck you!

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:28 pm »
We seem to have forgotten how to create decent chances. All of our attacks seem to be either trying to play incredibly intricate passes through the middle, or aimless diagonal crosses into the box. It seems like such hard work to even create a chance, let alone score a goal. Still only one win this year, against Plymouth.

I don't even think the penalty at the end was clear cut, but we should never be relying on a penalty in injury time to rescue us. And yet again we just allowed them to walk through our defence on the break.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:36 pm »
- Sturridge is blatantly not good enough anymore, nor suited to our playing style.
- Firmino is not a striker.
- when Mane is gone we have no pace in our attack and lose some character as well.
- we have long lacked a playmaker in midfield with excellent passing ability.

It's pretty sad that we can barely score a goal when Mane is out, but maybe it's not that surprising when we either play with no striker or with ill-suited ones who have lost their mojo. I bet that our return to form will come precisely with Mane's return.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:36 pm »
Oh yes let's stay content with the shit we've witnessed these past few weeks. WELL DONE LADS, GOOD EFFORT!!! MAYBE NEXT TIME WE'LL GET THEM TO SCORE AN OWN GOAL!!!  :butt

Screaming in capitals on a forum will definitely help.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:39 pm »
What a ridiculous thing to say.

Yeah you're right but he should have done way better still. It was a golden chance. He was under near enough no pressure but he must have thought that wasn't the case
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:41 pm »
Well played Southampton we didn't deserve to go get to the final over the two legs , we have serious problems breaking teams down that sit with two banks of four
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:43 pm »
Sign some players!!!!!!!!!!

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:49 pm »

Can't disagree with that either to be honest.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:52 pm »
Well, if sturridge is going to miss a sitter 6 yards out then short of Southampton letting us win, we're going out.
No stand outs for us. Poor all over the park. Shite feeling, watching us go out on such a whimper. Memories of QPR semi final all those years ago.
SOS member 7832

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2017, 10:00:57 pm »
Fair play to Southampton. They pretty much had us in their pockets for 180 minutes and in truth should have scored more over both legs.

As for us we just don't seemed to be a balanced side without Mane on the right. The lack of pace to break out quick is telling. Not sure why wijnaldum didn't start either. Also Lallana has gone off the boil a fair bit. He was flying for a couple of months and now seems to be really under par. Not sure if it's tiredness but he was all huff n puff but not much else.

Ojo should be getting a look in
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:01 pm »
Thought we gave everything in that leg. Emre's performance was, I thought, actually pretty good. Having been slated for giving it away loads, he kept it simple - and now he's slated for keeping it simple. What do people actually want? Anyway, I thought he was a combative beast and won a lot of possession and showed great determination - I'd have him in Hendo's role at the moment because the latter doesn't look fit and was not himself.

We looked sharper, created some really good chances, just missing that final chance or final ball - TAA is going to be immense, he has a much higher ceiling than Clyne, I think. I still think Klopp is using subs and the squad relatively poorly, while doing nearly everything else incredibly. I also thought Karius was really good tonight - he just keeps the ball moving so much more quickly than Mignolet, and that first half save was excellent.

I just want to have a word on luck, though. No doubt luck favours you when you're confident, and no doubt there's some bias here but...that's two key shots now cleared off the line, on here, one at Bournemouth, they could so easily have gone over. We had a few penalty shouts today - none clear, but no 'lucky' one going our way either. Every rebound seems to favour the opposition, and every referee seems to penalise us for 50/50 calls that they let slide for our opponents.

Of course, I am biased, but I really struggle to remember many matches where I've felt we got lucky. Swansea, maybe? But that wasn't through decisions - just them missing a couple of chances in a match we still had the better of the play in.

Meh. Shame but I honestly don't feel disheartened really, we're still a good side, with a slight lack of depth. We're a very young team. We will, ultimately, be better and stronger for this experience, we have a coach who will ensure that and team of hard workers who are willing to learn.

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:01 pm »
Hard not to be knee jerk after a disappointment but I'll try. Ok we can bemoan the penalty not given for Origi. But consider that we never seriously looked like scoring against a team with their second string centre back pairing. Too much play in front of Southampton. Lack of width and pace made us easy to defend against. Allied to a lack of zip about our play. Of course Mane is a big miss but it's Liverpool and we should have a squad capable of coping with his loss. Credit to Southampton. Deserved to go through. It's hurts but it will hurt even more if Klopp doesn't take note of what he is watching and take corrective action.
Of course teams are going to come to Anfield and park the bus. That is the expected challenge the opposition sets us. It's up to us to unpick the lock. No point in throwing the toys out of the pram but I will be surprised if Klopp doesn't sign a fast paced forward in this window. If he doesn't prepare for more games like this.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:02 pm »
Let us be frankly honest with ourselves.

This is the worst month of results Liverpool Football Club has seen in a long time.

I can't remember a Rodgers side going through such a pedestrian run of form. No imagination at all from our boys. We seem to be slow to makes subs too. Gini on with 3 minutes to go is a fruitless sub.

Saints very much deserved to go to the final.

10points off the league pace, out of the LC. Need results in our next 2 or our season is over.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:09 pm »
He's our best attacking player. Would you have taken him off? Replaced with Wijnaldum no less, who is developing something of a reputation this season for being a useless finisher. Besides, Sturridge was way worse than Coutinho

To a man our attacking players were dreadful. Fuck singling any of them out.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:24 pm »
JK has to earn his wages sorry, love the guy but you can't just point fingers all the time at the players.

And when has he fuckin done that?! 

Okay, we lost the game and its painful. But what the actual fuck, making shit up to moan about non existing stuff.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:27 pm »
Way too slow for me, farting around with little passes while they get back in shape

Offline Skagen

• Hard for Hodgson
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:27 pm »
Well, good night.
“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.”

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:29 pm »
Tonight is not the night for cry-arseing except to highlight Martin Atkinson is a complete twat. But of course it's not his fault he didn't get to Wembley, it was a combination of battling against a great defence over 2 legs and us being snagged in a run of form that isn't conducive to great, intricate football. And that is what was needed, something snappy and wonderful, but we just ain't got it presently. Our boss stars, Phil & Bobby just couldn't find something for us. Lallana was quiet in too many spells, and the rest .... meh.

It's just another learning curve for Jurgen in terms of his long term objectives.

Southampton must win it now.
A great defense?nah I'm not having that championship standard backs, not hard to defend against shit crosses.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:30 pm »
This when a a couple of fresh faces could've livened things up for us. Oh well, we  were lead to believe we didn't need to add more quality to squad in the summer  ::) and this window is a poor window to do business in. So it looks like we're just going to have to buckle up and take whatever comes our way.  :-\

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:40 pm »
Teams have worked us out. Sit deep. Don't step out and they'll have a chance. We have no plan b.

We lack a big target man for the second half. If teams want to sit deep, you can't play through them as there's nowhere to go. Load the box and fire the ball in there. It's not pretty but it's effective.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »
Deserve to go out. We've went downhill since Sturridge was introduced back into the side. He adds nothing to this team.
It's not his fault, his legs are gone. The Sturridge of a couple of years ago would be great in this side.

He's gone the same way as Torres, one of the fastest scorers in our history but a few bad injuries and they lose that spark that makes them special.

Let's hope we can get someone to spend silly money on him in the summer as well.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »
We had chances enough to win two games, the manager showed faith in his players to get it right. What a twat!

Whatever chances we had, they had twice as many even better chances - especially in the first game.
We were shit and they were comfortable. Lump the ball into the box and your job is done was our game plan.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:55 pm »
We're completely wasting the good start to the season we had

Hardly. We are fourteen points better off than were we were this time last year, so we're hardly wasting it.  :butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:59 pm »
We used to spread the scoring around the pitch, a team of stars without leaning on any single superstar. If any one player is going through a bad patch, we ease the pressue of them and lean on the rest to see us through.

Now it seems like one or two players are having a bad patch or are missing the whole team collapses around it. I don't get it.  Was the first half of the season really that exhausting? Was Mane that important?
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:16 pm »
Honestly think there's only 1 person to blame. And he wasn't on the pitch
Yep.

Fucking Ian Ayre.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:21 pm »
I have some rather unpleasant words to say about some of our players, I'm not gonna share them with you lot though and instead tell my wife all about it, she's gonna be so pleased !
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline stevo747

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:34 pm »
Ok so that's the same performance as Swansea, Plymouth  and exactly the same as first leg. No creativity, no pace, no clue currently. Lallana looked knackered from 60 mins and consequently couldn't do anything right, same as Milner. Can and Henderson no creativity and little fight, Sturridge mmmmm what can you say. Desperate stuff, can't remember such a drastic loss of form from a LFC team in 30 years.

Offline chrisevry

• Main Stander
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:36 pm »
Hilarious when Lallana launched into Trent for a misplaced pass too.  Doesn't have the bollocks to pull Emre up for the two dozen he played tonight but he'll tear a strip off a youngster.

Bravo.

He was screaming at Milner for not playing it first time. He actually shouts "Millie" !

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:37 pm »
I don't post here often anymore but thought I'd offer this...

Is it just me or have we gone from the improved, direct fearsome football of the first 15 games and reverted to the slow, side-to-side passing, no cutting edge, paper-thin defending of 18 months ago.
I'm not just talking about tonight. It's been like this for 4+ games now.

This can't all be missing Mane.

Like early on in the season, when we got the ball we looked to play incisive balls forward quickly into spaces. Now we're back to the old plan of winning the ball and slowly playing it backwards or sideways and letting the opposition get into a good shape.
Is this just bad form? Is it a consequence of the energy we expand and a long run of 2 games per week?

What are your thoughts?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:41 pm »
Hopefully we don't completely fall to shit like December/Jan in the 02/03 season Jesus Christ

We did the same in 01/02 aswell didn't we - we don't like January's much...

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:42 pm »
Seriously, what the fuck has happened to us?

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:43 pm »
Square pegs in round holes, rather than change the formation to suit the players we have available. We've literally fallen off a cliff and proven everyone who called our purple patch for what it is to be right.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:45 pm »
Klopp out?

Please tell me where in the name of fuck everything that is Holy did I say that
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:58 pm »
As I've said. We are in trouble. Absolute free fall at the moment. it seems that we are all waiting for mane to come back and save us all. Paper thin squad, poor selections, poor tactics for a while now. Players look wrecked as well.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:59 pm »
Way too slow for me, farting around with little passes while they get back in shape

We play like it every game, it's our game sadly.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2017, 10:03:03 pm »
Season seems to be running out of steam

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2017, 10:03:06 pm »
When will we win a game again?  Thank God we don't have to play Southampton every week, but still shocked the form of most of our players, although no doubt Sturridge will be picked out for blame, I don't think any of them can be pleased with their performance, Lallana was particularly poor.

I have to say not for the first time, I was disappointed with how long it has taken the boss to change things around.  It was clear we were never going to score bit we wait till the 77th minute to make a change.  Also why not give Woodburn a go?

Offline Rija

• Main Stander
  • Cool
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2017, 10:03:07 pm »
No need to blame the ref, we were fucking shite. Should've left either Can/Hendo and have Woodburn instead

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2017, 10:03:07 pm »
Southampton had a plan, executed it and delivered. Thoroughly deserved winner. Glad all our money went to such good use.

So are we still pretending we didnt need any signings?  No net spend in how many windows? Zero squad depth. Klopp can talk all he wants about being happy with the squad but his actions in game tell a completely different story.

We knew Mane was going, we had everything to play for and did fuck all, its unforgivable.