Author Topic: Shogun (TV Mini Series 2024)  (Read 3338 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Shogun (TV Mini Series 2024)
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2024, 04:27:51 pm »
Kind of wish I hadn’t read the book now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2024, 04:41:35 pm »
Spoiler
Good for Blackthorne getting one last rumble in :lmao
[close]

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2024, 06:04:13 pm »
Spoiler
Good for Blackthorne getting one last rumble in :lmao
[close]

Loved the sort of Indiana Jones moment, too... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2024, 09:07:23 am »
Show has been brilliant. Glad Blackthorne has not featured prominently in the show.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2024, 12:03:31 pm »
Spent half an hour in a bit of a daze after that ending, what a show. Completely smitten with Anna Sawai.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2024, 08:24:30 pm »
Spent half an hour in a bit of a daze after that ending, what a show. Completely smitten with Anna Sawai.

I've just breathed out.. Finished it 20mins ago.. Intense..

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2024, 02:52:33 pm »

If she doesn't become a star off the back of this then it'd be clear that the industry is blind.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2024, 05:26:24 pm »
If she doesn't become a star off the back of this then it'd be clear that the industry is blind.

I wonder if her wages have gone up for the 2nd series of Monarch: Legacy of Monsters that's the only other thing I  know she was in

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JLHsM4bpfxY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JLHsM4bpfxY</a>
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 11:21:49 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2024, 06:02:45 pm »
At least two tributes to Hosokawa Gracia, the original on whom Toda Mariko was based. The line "Flowers are only flowers because they fall" is from Gracia's death poem, which would have been the piece of paper Mariko handed over before doing the deed. Mariko's cross is also a replica of Gracia's cross.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2024, 07:21:39 pm »
I wonder if her wages have gone up for the 2nd series of Monarch: Legacy of Monsters that's the only other thing I  know she was in

Well I'm going to watch Season 1 now because she was in it.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2024, 10:26:47 am »
Someone mentioned a show on Netflix called Hari/Gaji or something like that which has Mariko and Ishido in it. Ishido was also in Inception right? He's a quality actor, as is Toronaga who's been in tons of stuff.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2024, 12:29:37 pm »
Someone mentioned a show on Netflix called Hari/Gaji or something like that which has Mariko and Ishido in it. Ishido was also in Inception right? He's a quality actor, as is Toronaga who's been in tons of stuff.

IIRC Toranaga, just as he thinks he's registering a W, is killed by a long haired woman climbing out of a well. It's horrifying. Miyamoto Musashi wrote a book about the incident, titled The Book of Five Ringus.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2024, 06:41:55 pm »

Do you like jpop?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RKvsup7rBkQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RKvsup7rBkQ</a> 
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2024, 07:40:24 pm »
Do you like jpop?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RKvsup7rBkQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RKvsup7rBkQ</a> 

I like Anna Sawai...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #134 on: Yesterday at 08:53:17 am »
ALL of the feels.

Incredible show.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: Yesterday at 12:05:23 pm »
Epic series, considering its 95% in Japanese and the subtitles can take you away from the beauty of it all, it was still amazing.

If i could tweak the final episode, it would be

Spoiler
no need for the Blackthorn as an old man bits - for me, didn't add to the episode and takes away the tension from the scene of Anjin-sama attempting to commit  Seppuku.

Also, no matter the budget and greatness of the costume etc, putting grey hair and wrinkles on a younger man, doesn't convincingly make him look old
[close]

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: Yesterday at 12:27:20 pm »
Epic series, considering its 95% in Japanese and the subtitles can take you away from the beauty of it all, it was still amazing.

If i could tweak the final episode, it would be

Spoiler
no need for the Blackthorn as an old man bits - for me, didn't add to the episode and takes away the tension from the scene of Anjin-sama attempting to commit  Seppuku.

Also, no matter the budget and greatness of the costume etc, putting grey hair and wrinkles on a younger man, doesn't convincingly make him look old
[close]

Spoiler
You can see old man Blackthorne has Mariko's cross. You can see Blackthorne dropping the cross into the water. Old man Blackthorne is the future that might have been, his dream of returning to England as the first Englishman to reach Japan, and making it big. But still holding onto Mariko. That never happens, and even if he wanted it to happen, Toranaga confirms he'd never let it happen. Instead, Blackthorne lets go of that dream, and Mariko being his sole link with Japan, and throws himself into Japan as symbolised by Ajiro joining him as one to pull the wreckage from the sea. Although the break is Blackthorne thinking of that dream, saying Fuck it, and going full bore Japan by committing seppuku to make his statement to Toranaga.
[close]
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: Yesterday at 12:45:31 pm »
Spoiler
You can see old man Blackthorne has Mariko's cross. You can see Blackthorne dropping the cross into the water. Old man Blackthorne is the future that might have been, his dream of returning to England as the first Englishman to reach Japan, and making it big. But still holding onto Mariko. That never happens, and even if he wanted it to happen, Toranaga confirms he'd never let it happen. Instead, Blackthorne lets go of that dream, and Mariko being his sole link with Japan, and throws himself into Japan as symbolised by Ajiro joining him as one to pull the wreckage from the sea. Although the break is Blackthorne thinking of that dream, saying Fuck it, and going full bore Japan by committing seppuku to make his statement to Toranaga.
[close]

Yes I agree, I managed to get that part.

Spoiler
Was a good ending, summed things up well, everyones motivations revealed. and their feelings on what's happened.
[close]
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: Yesterday at 03:35:11 pm »
final episode is out?

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: Yesterday at 04:28:47 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

I didn't get that......have you read the book?

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: Yesterday at 04:38:38 pm »

Spoiler
You can see the cross held by old Blackthorne. You can see the cross being dropped into the sea by young Blackthorne. That alone tells you that the old Blackthorne, as depicted, can't be true. You also have Toranaga telling Yabushige that he'll probably burn the ship Anjin's building, that he thinks Anjin's fate is to remain in Japan.

None of the images are in the book, other than the Erasmus being burned on Toranaga's instigation, and Toranaga thinking to himself that he'll keep Anjin in Japan.
[close]
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #141 on: Yesterday at 09:46:44 pm »
Immense.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: Yesterday at 09:56:26 pm »
Top 5 series of all time for me, each episode was a masterpiece.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #143 on: Today at 01:01:10 am »
Top 5 series of all time for me, each episode was a masterpiece.

Totally agree