Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 111407 times)

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1160 on: January 9, 2011, 07:18:39 pm »
Any reds player who made a bad tackle was always going to be sent off. Webb and Ferdinand discussed it over breakfast this morning.
;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1161 on: January 9, 2011, 07:19:23 pm »
A difficult game to analyse. I think we played quite well with Kelly having a very good game.

I think we need to be a bit more disciplined......both the penalty and sending off (however debatable) were both avoidable.

When Gerrard went off we didn't have many answers. Utd didn't do anything either but they were 1-0 up and didn't need to do much.

At the end most of our players looked shattered. They did their best but we didn't have anyone that hurt them.

We'll see what happens in the next few games and if the motivation comes back.
#JFT97

Offline I am Spartacus

• No you're not...
  • Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1162 on: January 9, 2011, 07:20:02 pm »
I agree it was a red card, but it should never of got that far, The Joker Webb should of blown up 10 seconds prior for the 2 footed tackle on Meireles, who used evasive action to get out of the way.  Stevie was obviously incensed and decided to show how it should be done to Meireles.  Webb got it wrong again, no doubt he was having a little drink with the Purple nosed one after the game.

Well in Ryan for your Twitter!

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1163 on: January 9, 2011, 07:21:08 pm »
Manchester United win again via a corrupt official. Howard Webb you may never meet me. But cheating c*nts like you have to learn. If you do meet me. You will spend four weeks in an intensive care unit. You are a c*nt. And you ARE ruining football. c*nts like you should not be allowed to breath decent people's air. You are scum. And you will be sorted.

There you are ;)

I been waiting for you ;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1164 on: January 9, 2011, 07:22:08 pm »
After the match, Giggs admitted that he didn't see the Gerrard tackle but he was the one doing most mouthing at Webb after the tackle.........I'm not sure what he could have being saying if he admitted that he didn't see it........but that's Utd for you, hounding the ref even if they didn't see the incident.
#JFT97

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: January 9, 2011, 07:22:43 pm »
The team battled well but it is so obvious what we need in the team - real pace. We are a very slow team atm and cannot break at pace

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: January 9, 2011, 07:22:43 pm »
Ryan Babel is facing the possibility of disciplinary action from the Football Association after responding to Liverpool's 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford by posting a mocked-up photo on his Twitter site of the referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Webb had incensed Liverpool by awarding a first-minute penalty when Dimitar Berbatov went to ground after a slight touch from Daniel Agger and then sending off Steven Gerrard for a dangerous challenge on Michael Carrick.

Kenny Dalglish, returning as Liverpool manager, called the penalty "a joke" and Babel posted the picture of Webb with the message: "And they call him one of the best referees? That's a joke. SMH."

"SMH" is the abbreviation for "shaking my head" and Babel's attack will almost certainly lead to the FA intervening on the basis that he is alleging impartiality on the part of the man who refereed the World Cup final and was made an MBE in the Queen's New Year's honours list. An FA spokesman has confirmed they are aware of the incident and are looking into it.

Dalglish's son, Paul, also vented his feelings on Twitter, posting a mocked-up picture of Mr. Ferguson with his arm around Webb, again in a United shirt.

Dalglish junior wrote: "Howard Webb MBE. Manc of the Busby Era. I am not normally bitter, as you know, but it is different rules against them." In a separate tweet, he added: "Fergie has his puppet Howard Webb on a piece of string."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/09/ryan-babel-howard-webb-manchester-united-liverpool
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1167 on: January 9, 2011, 07:23:05 pm »
Rafael's was two footed. He left the ground and block tackled the ball. The only thing that saved Raul from injury was he pulled out - either from bottling it or injury.

Either way, the game stops and Stevie doesn't make the challenge
Yes, if Webb gets that call right. He didn't, and Gerrard makes what is indisputably a red card worthy challenge, and is sent off. Gerrard doesn't have to make the challenge in the way he did - Carrick managed to challenge for it fairly, Gerrard didn't.

My last time repeating this but Webb is shit, he's inconsistent, he's a horrible ref, reffing at OT in general is a total joke, and I'll moan as much as anyone about bias and Webb and and and.

But in and of itself, Gerrard's challenge was a red card...what you've said is a very fair and correct point, but again no-one can convince me that Gerrard's wasn't a red card offence, because it was.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1168 on: January 9, 2011, 07:23:56 pm »
There you are ;)

I been waiting for you ;D
;D

It's good to have Andy back - you know LFC is more or less ok when pretty much all Andy bangs on about is what a bunch of corrupt shitehouses Man Utd, The FA, Webb etc etc etc are!
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline L7S

• Kopite
« Reply #1169 on: January 9, 2011, 07:24:18 pm »
Haha good job Ryan.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: January 9, 2011, 07:24:48 pm »
Ryan Babel is facing the possibility of disciplinary action from the Football Association after responding to Liverpool's 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford by posting a mocked-up photo on his Twitter site of the referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Webb had incensed Liverpool by awarding a first-minute penalty when Dimitar Berbatov went to ground after a slight touch from Daniel Agger and then sending off Steven Gerrard for a dangerous challenge on Michael Carrick.

Kenny Dalglish, returning as Liverpool manager, called the penalty "a joke" and Babel posted the picture of Webb with the message: "And they call him one of the best referees? That's a joke. SMH."

"SMH" is the abbreviation for "shaking my head" and Babel's attack will almost certainly lead to the FA intervening on the basis that he is alleging impartiality on the part of the man who refereed the World Cup final and was made an MBE in the Queen's New Year's honours list. An FA spokesman has confirmed they are aware of the incident and are looking into it.

Dalglish's son, Paul, also vented his feelings on Twitter, posting a mocked-up picture of Mr. Ferguson with his arm around Webb, again in a United shirt.

Dalglish junior wrote: "Howard Webb MBE. Manc of the Busby Era. I am not normally bitter, as you know, but it is different rules against them." In a separate tweet, he added: "Mr Alex Ferguson has his puppet Howard Webb on a piece of string."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/09/ryan-babel-howard-webb-manchester-united-liverpool

As Tom said above, just brings more attention to Webb now, might be some good from this.

Pheeny

« Reply #1171 on: January 9, 2011, 07:25:52 pm »
can we leave this thread for talking about what happened ON the pitch.

and anyone threatening violence of any sorts in anyone's direction is not welcome on this site.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 07:27:58 pm by Pheeny »

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: January 9, 2011, 07:26:21 pm »
As Tom said above, just brings more attention to Webb now, might be some good from this.

I'd say there is a fair chance he won't be referring the tie at Anfield.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: January 9, 2011, 07:26:46 pm »

I bet you he will.

Offline reddav72

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1174 on: January 9, 2011, 07:27:22 pm »

ok, get ya point.
part of the noise!!
i was once told 'why dont you go out and meet somebody' i said 'i dont want to meet somebody. I want to meet everybody'!!

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: January 9, 2011, 07:27:39 pm »
Mods. Why does any reference to trouble in the ground keep getting deleted? Just curious

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: January 9, 2011, 07:28:45 pm »
Mods. Why does any reference to trouble in the ground keep getting deleted? Just curious

Edit: Just read the above

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #1177 on: January 9, 2011, 07:29:29 pm »
For what it's worht. Webb had his back to the Gerrard tackle until he was half way through. Didn't see the "build up" to the tackle.

Isolated it's easily to defend that red card desicion, but in big games as since both went in the same direction so to speak it would have been ok with yellow as well.

The penalty was never a penalty of course.

Apart from that, the team showed real promise, and optimism is brought back. I think we'll buy a wide player in january though.

Bring on Blackpool.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1178 on: January 9, 2011, 07:29:36 pm »
Bounce in a minute? I'd rather our star man run in a minute, or even for a minute. I know its tantamount to sacrilidge to even hint a criticism of Fernando here but the truth is he needs to take a long hard look at himself after that game today. All season he has looked like he isnt interested in playing for the shirt and we blamed that on Hodgson so what was the excuse today? In a game when we needed everyone to give that bit more he didnt even do his shift as far as I could see. Sure he got no service so why didnt he use his energy trying to close down their defenders and at least make them play it under some pressure instead of just standing and watching them do exactly as they please in their own time. Infact I'd go so far as to say the fastest he ran all afternoon was when they put his number up.

I've defended him against lads for a while now who have been critical of his performance but today he let us down.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 07:32:18 pm by Shanks1965 »
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1179 on: January 9, 2011, 07:30:19 pm »
;D

It's good to have Andy back - you know LFC is more or less ok when pretty much all Andy bangs on about is what a bunch of corrupt shitehouses Man Utd, The FA, Webb etc etc etc are!

:)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: January 9, 2011, 07:30:31 pm »

Sorry Pheeny. Guilty as charged.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: January 9, 2011, 07:31:44 pm »
Webb is a scumbag. One day this will catch up with him
Viewing the ref today wasn't for the faint hearted was it Andy mate.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: January 9, 2011, 07:32:03 pm »
But in and of itself, Gerrard's challenge was a red card...what you've said is a very fair and correct point, but again no-one can convince me that Gerrard's wasn't a red card offence, because it was.

Agreed. Gerrard's reaction (and that of Dalglish actually, watching the replay rather than what he said after the game) showed that he realised it too. There was no surprise when the card came out. Stupid challenge.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Kevin DalgRush

• Main Stander
« Reply #1183 on: January 9, 2011, 07:32:11 pm »
So 'twas a Secret Policeman's Ball then?

Very encouraging dispaly from us overall. Gerrard's card 50-50, Carrick went for in a similar way, was just slower...

We're on a up now. Few sessions on tactics and we'll batter someone. Hmm, Pacheco on Wednesday?
"Kenny Dalglish is probably the most modest man who has ever been handed the nickname 'King' but King Kenny he will always be."

Pheeny

« Reply #1184 on: January 9, 2011, 07:32:14 pm »

Offline BigSpruceyGob

• Sold.
  • Anny Roader
  • ITK to be honest
« Reply #1185 on: January 9, 2011, 07:33:29 pm »
But they won't investigate Webb's decision... ::)

Why would the FA 'investigate' Webb ffs?

How many times have we had penalties at their place? How many times have the Mancs been calling for one of them to be investigated? ffs, we got beat because of two moments of madness from two senior players - end of story.

I got e-mailed a link to a Man United site from a Bitter Blue last night, showing about a million page thread of posts from this forum and the 'conspiracies', Alex Ferguson running the FA and the whole world being corrupt.It's cringeworthy.We get iffy decisions.We get iffy goals given that cause outrage from oppo managers (Sunderland anyone?) but they're all ok 'cos it's gone in our favour.

We need to start accepting that bad results are down to our players and manager (not Kenny today, obviously) and sometimes bad luck, not this pathetic conspiracy bullshit.It's embarrasing and most of us should know better.

« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 07:36:07 pm by BigBruceyGrob »
Next season................whisper it............

Offline neilinneslfc

• Kopite
« Reply #1186 on: January 9, 2011, 07:34:05 pm »
After the match, Giggs admitted that he didn't see the Gerrard tackle but he was the one doing most mouthing at Webb after the tackle.........I'm not sure what he could have being saying if he admitted that he didn't see it........but that's Utd for you, hounding the ref even if they didn't see the incident.

I'm not even convinced Webb seen it to be honest, When they showed replays from a different angle (can't remember if it was half time or full time) you can clearly see he's looking where the ball came from and by the time he looks at gerrard n carrick their both already on the deck!
Lets twat these fuckers!!!!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1187 on: January 9, 2011, 07:34:31 pm »
Fuck me, it's good to be talking about football again.

Dodgy penalties shitty refs, mr ferguson talking shit....

But I'm so happy to be able to talk football again.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1188 on: January 9, 2011, 07:36:35 pm »
Who the fuck does Nani think he is anyway? Strutting about like he owns the place pushing his little pigeon chest out. Cant stand the twat at all. We leads me to think, what do they actually give those manc players to drink at OT anyway?..... Cu nt syrup?

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: January 9, 2011, 07:37:09 pm »
Yes, if Webb gets that call right. He didn't, and Gerrard makes what is indisputably a red card worthy challenge, and is sent off. Gerrard doesn't have to make the challenge in the way he did - Carrick managed to challenge for it fairly, Gerrard didn't.

My last time repeating this but Webb is shit, he's inconsistent, he's a horrible ref, reffing at OT in general is a total joke, and I'll moan as much as anyone about bias and Webb and and and.

My issue with that tackle is Stevie didn't need to make it.  i don't care how incensed he was he needs to recognize that Webb is against his team and adjust his game to ensure that he stays on the field.  But that being said Howard Webb is a C*nt of the biggest order.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: January 9, 2011, 07:37:31 pm »
Fuck me, it's good to be talking about football again.

Dodgy penalties shitty refs, mr ferguson talking shit....

But I'm so happy to be able to talk football again.

This

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #1191 on: January 9, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »
Fuckin' made up Babel posted the pic to be honest. Anything to draw more attention toe that corrupt baldy fucker.

He will get in the shit over it with the F.A. but f*ck it, well done ryan.
And ryan done well when he came on, we lost but i was very happy with the pride the boys shown in the shirt today.
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1192 on: January 9, 2011, 07:38:54 pm »

Because he consistently gets big decisions wrong, and not just in our matches by any means.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: January 9, 2011, 07:39:58 pm »

We've said that on other occasions only for the FA to stick it to us.  I'll believe it when I see it.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 07:49:59 pm by Ramon »
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1194 on: January 9, 2011, 07:40:09 pm »
Pace - we lack it
Possession - we kept giving it away
Penetration - not enough of it
Passion - 10/10
Pride - restored

that's enough cheesy Ps
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: January 9, 2011, 07:40:30 pm »

How many times have we had penalties at their place? How many times have the Mancs been calling for one of them to be investigated? ffs, we got beat because of two moments of madness from two senior players - end of story.

I got e-mailed a link to a Man United site from a Bitter Blue last night, showing about a million page thread of posts from this forum and the 'conspiracies', Alex Ferguson running the FA and the whole world being corrupt.It's cringeworthy.We get iffy decisions.We get iffy goals given that cause outrage from oppo managers (Sunderland anyone?) but they're all ok 'cos it's gone in our favour.

We need to start accepting that bad results are down to our players and manager (not Kenny today, obviously) and sometimes bad luck, not this pathetic conspiracy bullshit.It's embarrasing and most of us should know better.

i think people just get angry

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1196 on: January 9, 2011, 07:40:51 pm »
Because he consistently gets big decisions wrong, and not just in our matches by any means.
Mr Ferguson loves him.

Therefore the FA love him.

Nothing else will matter.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1197 on: January 9, 2011, 07:41:01 pm »
Dalglish didn't have to change anything - he did what Hodgson should have done, was hired to do, and told us all he WOULD do when he was hired - he used Rafa's Liverpool as a starting point. Whether he tweaks those foundations or not is up to him, but it hasn't been long enough for those foundations to be eroded, and tactically, those foundations were perfectly solid and should never have been fucked around with hugely in the first place.

As I think Roy Hodgson actually said when he joined (though I could be wrong): 'Evolution, not revolution.'

Egg - fucking - zactly...  The one thing that was absent from the disussion of the game today was the lame old "what do expect given the squad he was left with". There wasn't and isn't a lot wrong with it. We need players if we want to get back to where we should be but the foundations are there.

It's why I was do desperate or Roy to go. Not just the garbage we played or the resulting failure to win games, but the real prospect of him wrecking those foundations and building his own squad.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #1198 on: January 9, 2011, 07:41:08 pm »
The team battled well but it is so obvious what we need in the team - real pace. We are a very slow team atm and cannot break at pace

Agree and the good thing is, kenny will know this and he will sort it soon.
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1199 on: January 9, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »
Not often a Nando's meal is more intelligent than the person eating it.
hahaha