Author Topic: Eyewitness Report - Liverpool 1-3 Villa  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Eyewitness Report - Liverpool 1-3 Villa
« on: December 16, 2012, 08:07:43 pm »
Liverpool 1 Aston Villa 3 - the 19th minute was nice

Well that wasn't much fun.

When the third went in I was thinking "when was the last time I saw the boys trailing three-nil at Anfield?" It must have been v Man United in the last year of the old Kop. I was on the Kop that night and when we pulled our first back someone lit a red flare that illuminated the centre of the grand old terrace. Under that incandescent red glare I heard one of the biggest noises I've ever heard - and I've seen the Space Shuttle go up in Florida. Two more goals followed (and countless numbers of flares) and it turned into a night of ecstasy and the best draw I've ever seen. "Could we do it again?" I thought as Christian Benteke mounted his steamroller and drove it straight into the net for their third. Probably not. The bloke sat in front of me didn't think so, for sure. The seat flipped back and he was gone. Not for a sausage roll or a piss. He'd had enough. That was what? Minute number 50? 

I wasn't on the Kop this time. I was Lower Centenary, Kop side, looking along the 6-yard line. In truth, apart from the early leaver, it was a cracking little pocket around me. Just along the row was Antonio Gramsci, Italian communist and theorist of the 1919 factory occupations and a couple of seats in front was a bloke who'd once been cuckolded by the ref - at least I assumed that's what had happened, such was the poisonous hatred for Mr Swarbrick pouring from this fella's lips from virtually the first minute (much of it eventually justified, which I'll get to). Next to me was Mrs Yorky herself, a model Liverpool supporter (once waved at for a suspiciously long time by Steve McManaman - bastard), and worried sick no doubt that I'd bring my domestic viewing habits ("For chrissake Kuyt!") to an actual live fixture. "Fear not", I'd told her, "it's perfectly ok to be abusive at home, when our boys in Red can't hear us, but absolutely forbidden when you're breathing the same air. You'll hear nothing from me except hysterical encouragement".

And actually the atmosphere was pretty decent. The singing was good - Gramsci, in particular, providing a beautiful baritone during YNWA - and no sounds of mutiny at all, despite the underwhelming performance and shite result. This crowd is with Rodgers. It may be sceptical in parts, it may even be fearful, but the main sound of the afternoon was one of encouragement. Full marks too to the bloke who started an insane 'Ring of Fire' when Stevie popped one in on the stroke of the 87th minute. How long this will last I don't know. We're so near the bottom. But we're so near 4th spot too. It's a weird season.

The first 20 minutes were....well, we all know, don't we? We've seen it enough this season. We dominated possession, we played in their half, and we missed presentable chances. The easiest, I guess, was when Suarez rolled Gerrard in for a tap-in. Except he didn't. Unfortunately Luis timed his pass to the 2012 specification, whereas Stevie had decided to turn the clock back and produce a 2008-calibre run.  Result? The ball was played behind him and seemed to clip his heel. Chance gone.

Chance gone too when Shelvey failed to connect properly with his volley - so continuing a wretched trend of atrocious mis-hits in front of goal. I can forgive the lad missing the target. But missing the ball? That's just shit. It was no surprise to anyone that he got subbed at half-time. He was positively Kuytesque in his inability to control a simple pass. Everything bounced up towards his knee after it had touched his instep, so slowing us down every time. Someone needs to open him up and readjust the internal gyroscope or whatever it is that gives people co-ordination. He's dopey too of course, which doesn't help his cause. There's a langour to him which looks wonderful when he's in the groove but looks like he couldn't care a shit when he isn't. If there was frustration around me, much of it was generated by Shelvey's performance. All those mis-hits! Get some spex lad.

By the time he made his exit, of course, the Villa and their moronic fans were two up. The first - at least from my angle - looked stoppable by Pepe. But I'll happily take a second view on that. The second was a beautifully-worked goal. I did let out a groan when Luis lost the ball on the half-way line for number one, but that was because the likely gain of fooling his man in that section of the pitch seemed so trivial. Therefore it was a stupid thing to do. But it turned out to be reckless as well. It was amazing - and disconcerting - to see how damaging the failed back-heel could be to us.

Bentecke was the star of both goals and, no doubt, this will buttress many people's desire for us to acquire our own 'beast'. I'm not sure. He's good, but we let him be good. Skrtel had a dreadful day marking him which was odd given the fact that their first four aerial challenges had resulted in free-kicks to Liverpool for backing in. At this point Bentecke was there for the taking. A truly great centre back would have sensed the way things were going and clattered him for the fifth challenge. Just demoralise him completely, even if you have to give away a free-kick. But for some unaccountable reason Skrtel decided that for the rest of the game he'd stand off his man. That's when the fun began.   

Half time: Redmen 0-2 Villa

I won't say much about the Agger penalty claim except my view was the best you could possibly get in the whole stadium. As soon as (who was it, Skrtel?) headed the ball back across the box I was readying myself for a goal celebration. The next thing I saw was Agger's shirt billowing around his head. We should take to the field in shirts that easily rip. I've long thought so. The defender was pulling so hard that he'd have ended in the back of the net if the fabric had torn. Clutching a section of incriminating red cloth too. It was shite refereeing.

That did it around me. Nothing gets a crowd going more than a sense of indignation. The sole ref baiter (ie the cuckold) was joined by hundreds of others and when we were denied a clear pen for hand-ball (was it one?) the venom rolled off the stand like lava. Sterling, denied a certain throw-in beneath us, prompted more Swarbrick hatred. I think we've had a bad streak with refs this season.

By this time the Brummies had got their third. It was a poor ball by Joe Allen. But Joe Cole made it even worse. Somehow it was meant to happen. Against West Ham he'd lost the ball three times in his own half minutes after coming on. This was the fourth time - as it were - and the inevitable happened. "You're useless Cole" I heard somebody shouting. Then a dig in the ribs from Mrs Yorky and I realised it was me. The golden rule broken.

Can we say anything nice about the performance?

Sure we can. Agger was good. And Sterling was wonderful in the second half. He was coming down my wing so I got a privileged view. I'll admit that. But it was beautiful to see his spirit and his energy. If this guy's tired then the rest of the team are in deep sleep. He kept showing for the ball, he kept fighting for it, and his movement was intelligent. He carried the creative burden. Anyone criticising him for yesterday's performance either knows nothing about footy or is so anxious about his contract situation that they've lost their judgement. Top marks to the lad. I enjoyed watching him and am excited about what he might achieve at Anfield.

Final thought on the footy. Villa were canny. Two banks of four, playing very narrow, and always with two outlets for the counter. They gave us the wings, and we ended supplying an endless sequence of crosses. But it was a forest in there and barring a bad defensive mistake we weren't going to score from anything coming in wide. Therefore we have to learn to go through teams not round them. That means more patience, not less. But it also means more risk and more skill.

It's harder to go through than round. You need brilliant decoy running off the ball and high technique, smart control and superbly quick feet on it. Players also need to act in concert all the time. (No one standing round, hands on hips, taking a bloody breather). But the rewards are great. To go through a packed defence you need to beat two men, possibly three with a pass. To go round a packed defence you need to beat four, possibly five or six. 

Do we have the players? I don't know. Gerrard produced the best bit of skill all afternoon to cut out an entire line with a back-heel, but Suarez didn't read it. Why? Because he's not been drilled to? Because he was expecting the ball out to the flanks again?

I'd have liked to have seen Suso or Sahin on the pitch. Maybe Texeira or Pacheco. You may be laughing now. But these are the players who have been coached to go down the centre. They are the players who know that this is the quickest route to goal when you're facing a packed defence that is holding an offside line. They also know how to run in packs, following each other into the gaps so that a first touch becomes - if you need it to be - also a pass.

maybe later in the season.

That's it.

Oh, and the 19th minute and the applause for Stan. Class. Well done everyone.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Eyewitness Report - Liverpool 1-3 Villa
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 08:15:19 pm »
Great read mate on a shite day. Raised the bar for mine next week ya bugger. ;D
Yep.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 09:19:22 pm »
Splendid stuff - I could read your writing all day. I saw the game in much the same way. I think, dare I say it, Downing deserves a mention though. He was one of our better performers yesterday. Johnson too, was energetic. It's the midfield and the links between the midfield and attack that need work. We knew this already, mind you.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 10:37:14 pm »
Love these
Yep.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 10:39:22 pm »
Thanks lads.

Garstonite mate, you're right about Downing. He played some lovely stuff - especially in the first half. Switched play beautifully on several occasions. Maybe he could have done a bit more to support Sterling in the second, but he was very decent.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:40:47 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 10:48:41 pm »
Really enjoyed this. Totally agree regarding the middle... it's as if we just don't like to go there anymore  :)

Onwards and upwards to next week.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »
Thanks Yorky. Great read mate
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »
God I wish I could write like that.
Absolute f##king class.
And the part about Cole had me rolling on the floor.

Sorry about the swear word, couldn't help myself.

Brilliant.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:12:41 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:08 am »
What did you make of lucas? For the second goal it seemed like Allen was tasked to track the wieismann run, but naturally you would have expected lucas there.

Great post otherwise, I only just finished watching it on the box and find myself agreeing. Looked like agger played striker in the last minutes?

Can't be arsed with the who's your most hated team thread.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 12:23:13 am »
Super read.  Thanks. So true about Cole and coughing up possession the last two games but I love the fact that the pass  into him was noticed. Poor choice from Allen but maybe Allen was looking for it straight back. As you say poor ball made worse. Just wish we could see players heads check surroundings better. As Xavi says, its hard work always looking always checking.
Rodgers has always talked about it. PROTECT the ball. The players don't get it. They are letting him down in understanding the basics. The silly back heel,Cole losing possession and on and on.. The movement from Suarez had me scratching my head  as well and then the awareness to find Gerrard had me applauding and standing up from my chair.
We are a work in progress and there is lots to do.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 12:40:12 am »
brilliant read mate thanks for posting.  i agree with how you saw the game.  hopefully your next game experience brings more joy  :).

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 12:46:03 am »
Well summed up.  Agree with Garstonite about Downing, who was calm and good in possession, and was never really under pressure defensively.  Did not think Johnson had one of his better games, thought he was overly casual, and despite his ability to get up and down the pitch was generally unproductive with the ball.  Midfield was a big problem, where i thought we lacked physical presence and pace to deal with villa's breaks once they went ahead.

Tend to disagree with regard to the point about going wide and going through the middle.  It is easier going wide, and it is also easier to get into the box from there too.  Sometimes you have to play percentages, and for us that means using suarez and sterling and their ability to run at players.  Crosses from deep - as delivered with some regularity by johnson - are meat and drink to decent tall defenders.  Whipped in crosses low and hard from the goal-line has the defender facing backwards.  And whilst greater numbers mean they will more than likely get to the ball first, but as was seen by the winner against west ham, that does not mean it won't be productive.  Shots and crosses are the percentage plays.  And failing incisiveness - which we lacked from our own play - we need to fall back on something.  One improvement we need to make is to play for the crosses, as in move in the box, make a run towards the front post, back post, have players attacking the edge of the box.  Crosses work best with movement, distract the opposition from the ball, make it hard for them.

Sterling on the right was more threatening than steling on the left.  Downing was better when sterling was on the left.  We had more threat on both sides.  Moving sterling appeared to nullify sterling to a degree, as he got crowded out, and isolate johnson making his forays more and more forlorn, cutting inside being his only option.  It lead to the goal, showing the danger of johnson cutting in, and the benefit of a shot, but it also lead to several other fruitless cut-ins and a predictability that allowed villa to remain compact.

gerrard had little influence after the opening 20 minutes, suarez was a threat but not at his best.  allen was doing what we hoped he would in the first 20, but would be criticised for his contribution subsequently, whilst lucas did not really look like he was ever at the races.  defensively, difficult one, as we had little to do at the back but never coped with what villa did do in attack. largely they were exposed, but thought skrtel was ran ragged by benteke, and agger left chasing shadows due to largely having to chase down a runner having been pulled out of position. did they have poor games, were they over-exposed, or were they too eager to chase the ball/man when they were better served holding their ground?  i would say agger had an ok game, but was over-exposed, skrtel a below-par game and was similarly over-exposed.

i do agree also about bringing on a creative player like suso or sahin, we needed something a bit different for villa to think about.  suarez and sterling are 'predictable' in a way - in that you know they are a threat, and you know were they are a threat.  all you can do is try to shut it down, knowing that sometimes it will not work.  having another source of creativity would help both and provide another threat.
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline 5ive Times

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 12:57:40 am »
Brilliant read that, love these threads.
Rome   London   Paris   Rome   Istanbul

Offline GerrardRock2

• Good for upset tummies.....
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I'm muted, not sure why? Allow in-match threads
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 05:20:47 am »
I thought the boys were all a shade off, at times Sterling looked out of his depth to me. Not a dig, just a bad day for the lad, tried to force too much, and was guilty of being caught in possession more than once.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 06:40:43 am »
Great post Yorky and all the more impressive in that you managed to provide such an entertaining read from such a dire 90 minutes.

Offline Cleveland_Red

• Anny Roader
  • Cleveland Is The City-Liverpool Is The Life
"Football in many ways mirrors the society that we have become, self obsessed and shallow."

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 06:48:02 am »
Brilliant. You just made me late.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 06:57:13 am »
everything's been said already.

would just like to mention that playing shelvey in that role isn't going to help us or him long term.he cannot be the player at the tip of the midfield,he can shoot he has swagger but he doesn't have 'it'.someone mentioned that in brendan's dream team he had zola there.shelvey is the complete opposite of him

suso i think will make that position his in due time.shelvey should be pushed back a bit
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 09:04:16 am »
That OP is the best thing about this forgettable weekend (bar Wiggo's win).

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 09:26:05 am »
Thanks Mate, good read that.
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 09:32:17 am »
That's an excellent piece mate, cheers.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 10:52:18 am »
Thanks, Yorky.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 10:57:52 am »
Best thing I can add to a great piece, I heard very little moaning in and around the ground.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 12:26:42 pm »
I was in the Lower Anfield End, when Benteke waltzed through the defence for the 3rd goal a lad ran
Down towards the side-line and threw his scarf onto the pitched in disgust.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 12:31:35 pm »
I was in the Lower Anfield End, when Benteke waltzed through the defence for the 3rd goal a lad ran

Must have money on under 2.5 goals.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Pilchard

• Kopite
  • Bring back the 'friendly' derbies
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 12:45:54 pm »

Saw that, think the lad was ejected. Sad state to get into when youre tossing your scarf away in disgust. Weve all been frustrated but Christ, it was a defeat, its not like hicks and gillette (deliberate lower case) are back. Hope the lad in the Paddock who threw the ball back kept his seat.

Totally agree with the OP. Just dont know why we put 3' 6" Cole on when our one plan of attack was balls in from the wings.

Nice to see that there was no booing at the end, though I suspect the boo boys had left by 80 minutes, like at the Arsenal game.

My main concern is that Brenny has replaced individual flair with drills for passing. We need a plan B, but we need to get plan A sorted as well. I think many of us can see the theory, just that some of our players cant, or wont. I think Gerrard has bought into it but at the cost of his drive and enthusiasm? I also think Stirling gets it, but has bought into it too much. As Yorky said, he worked his nuts off on the wing, but I think theres more to him than that.

Against Sunderland I would like Brenny just to unleash the lads for a while.
Scouse Separatist

Online Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 01:11:56 pm »

Excellent as usual Yorky. Managed to put a smile back on my face. I saw the match exactly as you've portrayed it from pretty much the same vantage point in the Lower Centinary.

Difficult to determine how good Villa were, given our shortcomings. The old one, two in quick succession knocked the wind out of our sails and the third shortly after half time effectively ended the contest. But fair play to them. No recognisible 'star players', little spent on the transfer budget and most of their team fast tracked from their academy - where I think Kevin McDonald has an important role. Easy to see after Saturday why Darren Bent isn't featuring for them (hamstring injury or not)

Yes Villa were canny (you're not a closet Geordie are you Yorky?)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 03:09:58 pm »
Can't think of an OP where the reading enjoyment was more indirectly proportional to the events described. Quality prose.

You really should take some prescribed meds and tackle Athens some time, Yorky. Would provide a sense of catharsis for so many.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline murdell

• Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 03:19:06 pm »
Love the easily ripped shirt theory. Would be absolutely hilarious seeing a Huth type falling on his arse crying into a fistful of the finest red :)

Offline hijackie4

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 04:07:52 pm »
I was in the main stand, road end and at times it was torture but your writing has given me a little lift. I agree with nearly all of it thank you

royhendo

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 04:30:28 pm »
Highlight of my day this. :)

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 06:18:17 pm »
Brilliant read that

Offline garcia-alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »
You just know a match report that manages to include a reference to Gramsci is going to be an interesting read and it was.
Lovely piece of writing.

Offline heroes123

• Main Stander
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 06:36:32 pm »
lovely

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 06:40:26 pm »
Where's the vitriol? Where's the knee jerk slagging of the manager or the players? Where's the doom and gloom? What kind of reaction to a home defeat was that? Why did I have a smile on my face as I read it? Is this the right forum I'm on?
Sometimes you forget that there's actually thousands of Reds who go to the game and know the score. Who actually support the team and don't think they could do a better job of managing the players. But you just reminded me so cheers for that. Now if I manage to avoid most of the other threads on here ill sleep well tonight. Keep the faith.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 06:57:31 pm »
After setting such a high standard, there were bound to come a time when we would,nt be leading the league , a time when the team would loose some of its sparkle , a time when great players would have to be replaced . A transition period. Surely nobody expected us to replace the class players we have overnight . Mind you , we have some great young players in the making, and I feel sure that we could field a team of young players , all who could put up a good show.
I know the position. I know that the majority of people judge a team and its Manager by their last result. I am aware that everybody is free to express their opinion. And I know that there are two teams in this City, that makes the pressure greater.

This was taken from a copy of a letter I have written by the great man himself in October 1969 to two of our supporters everything he wrote can be applied to our current state of affairs.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 07:40:52 pm »
Just watching Nevilles analysis of the game hes thankfully just prasing Villa for there passing. But on closer inspection Im afraid we made them look very good. Allens off the ball work is nothing short of insulting, thats where we lost it midfield was vital on Saturday and Villa made the most of it. The 3 in the middle were just not up to it  at all

A mixture of someone whos not match fit, a man who appears to be a little out of his depth and a man whos done everything for us but whos body is now betraying him against younger opponents

I think thats the very first post Ive ever said anything negative toward Steven Gerrard. Maybe its a sign of the times
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jonah545711

• Kemlynite
  • Here to win YNWA
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 08:19:26 pm »
I sat on the motorway for 4.5 hours on route to that game (bloody m6). My record this year is attended 5 lost 4 drawn 1. 1k spent in travel tickets amd merchandise.

Trading standards anyone?? ;D
"Seeds are bought at a young age and developed in the Liverpool way" Our best seeds of late have been bought young and developed!!

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 08:20:11 pm »
Excuse my ignorance but what happened in the 19th minute?

Great read, far better than the lowlights I saw on MOTD.
JFT97