Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 111442 times)

Offline TopKopster

• Anny Roader
  • Boring
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1800 on: January 11, 2011, 03:35:21 pm »
Anyone got a photo of Rafael jumping in with both feet studs up?

When?  The tackle just before Stevie got sent off?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1801 on: January 11, 2011, 03:40:50 pm »
When?  The tackle just before Stevie got sent off?

Yeah - straight red - two footed. Not even a freekick given..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline TopKopster

• Anny Roader
  • Boring
« Reply #1802 on: January 11, 2011, 03:44:04 pm »
Yeah - straight red - two footed. Not even a freekick given..

I've been abused for revisionism in the past but even I thought that was a perfectly fine challenge, if anything I think Meireles wimped out. Had he been horizontal at the time maybe it would be differnet but he made clean contact with the ball and I didn't even see studs.  If anyone has a pic I'd also like to see it.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1803 on: January 11, 2011, 03:54:13 pm »
I've been abused for revisionism in the past but even I thought that was a perfectly fine challenge, if anything I think Meireles wimped out. Had he been horizontal at the time maybe it would be differnet but he made clean contact with the ball and I didn't even see studs.  If anyone has a pic I'd also like to see it.

Deffo a Manc WUM
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1804 on: January 11, 2011, 04:02:02 pm »

So Meireles should have committed to the tackle and maybe had his ankle broken to prove his manliness?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1805 on: January 11, 2011, 04:38:46 pm »

With comments like that, I'm surprised you haven't been abused for gross myopia.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1806 on: January 11, 2011, 04:49:24 pm »
Evans should have been sent off for this shoving Reina down during the 5 saves at min 68.

still despite it all we should guile and tact,and that we would not just roll over, we in by the boys and King Kenny.

We are back
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1807 on: January 11, 2011, 05:00:02 pm »
I wonder if Gerrard will still think Webb is one of the best ref's in England? If I recall his biography correctly, he mentions how much he likes Webb. Have to wait and see if there is any comment from Gerrard about it. It looked 50/50 to me. Carrick made a meal of it. I wonder when they limp off the field and then come running back a few seconds later if that is part of the coaching they get. Damn fine acting IMHO.

i know for a fact that webb fot the 'webb12 man utd shirt picture' sent to his phone after the game.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1808 on: January 11, 2011, 05:05:47 pm »

i know for a fact that webb fot the 'webb12 man utd shirt picture' sent to his phone after the game.
Do tell.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1809 on: January 11, 2011, 05:14:29 pm »
Do tell.

one of webbs best mates is a liverpool season ticket holder and he showed me the txt he sent to webb after the game.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1810 on: January 11, 2011, 05:20:10 pm »
Evans should have been sent off for this shoving Reina down during the 5 saves at min 68.

still despite it all we should guile and tact,and that we would not just roll over, we in by the boys and King Kenny.

We are back

Evans was getting real nowty around that time as a result of Skrtel continually trying to swap shirts with him......and there was still  20 minutes or more to play..... ::) ::) ::)
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1811 on: January 11, 2011, 05:22:45 pm »
Evans was getting real nowty around that time as a result of Skrtel continually trying to swap shirts with him......and there was still  20 minutes or more to play..... ::) ::) ::)

He should know better then to tell Skrtel "no"....

;D
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline monobrow

• Boys Pen
  • proudly sporting a monobrow
« Reply #1812 on: January 11, 2011, 08:04:17 pm »
My Summary

as usual, embarrassing chants on both sides. disappointing.
nothing like a penno, agger was absolutely stupid though.
straight red these days im afraid, he did have help in his ear piece though. anyone who says rafael's is the same mind is a lunatic.
reina ace, kelly impressive
lots of fight, and impressive but not enough support for torres after gerrard was sent off.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1813 on: January 11, 2011, 10:53:37 pm »

one of webbs best mates is a liverpool season ticket holder and he showed me the txt he sent to webb after the game.

If Webb took this in good spirit then, I wonder what would happen if he told the FA to drop the issue with Babel?
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1814 on: January 12, 2011, 12:17:02 am »
watching a replay of the game in less than an hour.

i've often watched our winning games a second time, but never a loss.

feels good to have some hope back in me again.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1815 on: January 12, 2011, 12:23:42 am »
From day_tickle on Twitter:

:wanker

Fair enough on Twebb not looking but also not exactly a phi beta kappa decision by our Stevie. This is not even a heroic, last-man standing kind of situation. Why do a long-jump to effect a tackle?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1816 on: January 12, 2011, 01:00:24 am »
From day_tickle on Twitter:

:wanker

Good one there!   Howies a closet Manc......as i long suspected.............
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1817 on: January 12, 2011, 01:07:17 am »
Mr. Ferguson is planning to rest his star performer Howard Webb to prevent 'a needless injury' after his tireless work in yesterday's FA Cup victory over Liverpool. Webb awarded his own side a penalty, but he stood aside to allow a team mate to take it.

Mr Webb who secured his team's passage into the 4th round of the FA cup is said to be 'exhausted' following his Herculean efforts in providing his side with the winning goal by awarding them a 'completely deserved' penalty after Liverpool's Daniel Agger 'viciously kicked Berbatov in the head with a knife'.

Man United's 12th man Howard Webb, whose dressing room locker is right next to Rio Ferdinand's, said: "Yeah, it's a massive win for the me and the lads. The gaffer told us all in his pre-match talk to get in their faces, and work hard for each other. He reminded me to wait at least an hour before giving us a penalty or it could look suss, but I was just too excited and went for it a few seconds after I blew the starting whistle, however, I did wait a little longer than usual to send Stevie G off, to make up for it.

"I was thinking about taking the penalty myself, but then thought I should let one of the other lads take the glory for a change. It's a team sport after all, and I get embarrassed when people tell me I single-handedly win all the games I get picked to play in."

However, his boss, Alex Ferguson is concerned that if he continues playing his star man in every game he'll pick up a serious injury or may get exhausted towards the business end of the season.

"Howard's a great servant to the club," said Sir Alex. "And he's a real role model for the younger lads. He's always first on the training pitch in the morning and the last to leave. He practices pointing at the spot, and sending opponents off for hours on end. But I fear if he carries on at the same intensity he'll pick up an injury that could see him out for months.

"And that's a risk we can't take. He's just too important for us, his ratio of games played to penalties given is almost one per match, which are amazing stats."

Manchester United's club shop has just released its sales figures which indicate that 'Howard Webb' is now the most requested name on the back of their replica shirts, and that if his popularity grows they may be forced to rename the Stretford End in his honour by changing it to the 'Massive-Bell End', or MBE for short.

http://www.spankthenews.com/html/article-detail.php?ArtID=357

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1818 on: January 12, 2011, 01:09:48 am »
:lmao

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #1819 on: January 12, 2011, 01:11:09 am »
Anyone know when the replay is?

Reckon we can take them at anfield. Great to keep a clean sheet too.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1820 on: January 12, 2011, 01:13:17 am »
Anyone know when the replay is?

Reckon we can take them at anfield. Great to keep a clean sheet too.

IF Howies not in charge...........
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1821 on: January 12, 2011, 06:47:34 am »
My Summary

as usual, embarrassing chants on both sides. disappointing.
nothing like a penno, agger was absolutely stupid though.
straight red these days im afraid, he did have help in his ear piece though. anyone who says rafael's is the same mind is a lunatic.
reina ace, kelly impressive
lots of fight, and impressive but not enough support for torres after gerrard was sent off.

About 90% where I am on the game to be honest. The chants aren't just embarrassing though are they mate -
       totally fucking offensive is what they are. I thought that Kelly had a very good game considering the lad is a centre back,
       had Giggs and Evra bombing at him for the bulk of the game but he held his own very well in my view.
       I think Liverpool have unearthed a possible gem with this youngster. Good luck to him.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:49:08 am by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline TopKopster

• Anny Roader
  • Boring
« Reply #1822 on: January 12, 2011, 08:05:39 am »
Deffo a Manc WUM

The old if you don't agree with me you're a manc wum eh?  How do I know that Andy isn't a manc wum just taking pedantry to the Nth degree and laughing at us all.  I'm see things through as rosey tinted glasses as the next man towards us but I stop short of making things up.  If there is evidence that the mop haired manc raised his studs I'll happily admit I was wrong but considering the amount of dirty challenges I see him make and get away with on MOTD I don't see the need to make any up unless you are somehow trying to justify Stevies challenge and all you need to do for that is look at the team he mae it against.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1823 on: January 12, 2011, 08:11:55 am »
Mr. Ferguson is planning to rest his star performer Howard Webb to prevent 'a needless injury' after his tireless work in yesterday's FA Cup victory over Liverpool. Webb awarded his own side a penalty, but he stood aside to allow a team mate to take it.

Mr Webb who secured his team's passage into the 4th round of the FA cup is said to be 'exhausted' following his Herculean efforts in providing his side with the winning goal by awarding them a 'completely deserved' penalty after Liverpool's Daniel Agger 'viciously kicked Berbatov in the head with a knife'.

Man United's 12th man Howard Webb, whose dressing room locker is right next to Rio Ferdinand's, said: "Yeah, it's a massive win for the me and the lads. The gaffer told us all in his pre-match talk to get in their faces, and work hard for each other. He reminded me to wait at least an hour before giving us a penalty or it could look suss, but I was just too excited and went for it a few seconds after I blew the starting whistle, however, I did wait a little longer than usual to send Stevie G off, to make up for it.

"I was thinking about taking the penalty myself, but then thought I should let one of the other lads take the glory for a change. It's a team sport after all, and I get embarrassed when people tell me I single-handedly win all the games I get picked to play in."

However, his boss, Alex Ferguson is concerned that if he continues playing his star man in every game he'll pick up a serious injury or may get exhausted towards the business end of the season.

"Howard's a great servant to the club," said Mr Ferguson. "And he's a real role model for the younger lads. He's always first on the training pitch in the morning and the last to leave. He practices pointing at the spot, and sending opponents off for hours on end. But I fear if he carries on at the same intensity he'll pick up an injury that could see him out for months.

"And that's a risk we can't take. He's just too important for us, his ratio of games played to penalties given is almost one per match, which are amazing stats."

Manchester United's club shop has just released its sales figures which indicate that 'Howard Webb' is now the most requested name on the back of their replica shirts, and that if his popularity grows they may be forced to rename the Stretford End in his honour by changing it to the 'Massive-Bell End', or MBE for short.

http://www.spankthenews.com/html/article-detail.php?ArtID=357

It would be funny if it wasn't true

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: January 12, 2011, 07:22:59 pm »
Lots of positives I thought -

However, to them in our end who thinks breaking and throwing chairs is clever,

It isn't full stop.

I really don't appreciate getting hit by missiles at any angle but when they come from behind you from your own fans that is just nuts - get a grip